PDA

View Full Version : Why has this movie not been made? It would be the BEST EVER!

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I am absolutely serious about this.

Someone in Hollywood needs to make a film that stars actors who aren't exactly huge draws, but have massive (often undeserved, when you think about it) cult appeal:

William Shatner
David Hasselhoff
Christopher Lambert
Steve Buscemi
Adam West
Chuck Norris
Paul Reubens
Patrick Warburton
Christopher Walken
Tony Danza
Lucy Lawless
Snoop Dogg

Maybe through in some real "old school" guys and gals, like Bea Arthur or Wilfred Brimley.

Have the theme song be "Never Gonna Give You Up," and involve Rick Astley in some minor role. The other music should be more incredibly corny 80s music.

It doesn't even matter what the movie is about. Imagine a teaser trailer that's playing dramatic music (maybe "O Fortuna" from the Carmina Burana), and just lists the last names in succession on a black screen. Then the tagline, "With a cast like that, do you even care what this is about?"

This may sound ridiculously stupid, but it would be a smash hit.

General_Grievous
04-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll see it just as long as Samuel L. Jackson is in it, too.

TeeEye7
04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Ensemble movies are always a hit with me. It's too bad they've gone out of fashion. Maybe this is a chance to bring 'em back, Chux.

General_Grievous
04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Ensemble movies are always a hit with me. It's too bad they've gone out of fashion.
They haven't really gone away. Look at the Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen movies.

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Possibly so.

But I think it would help if I mentioned I forgot to include Mr T on the list.

And the ending should involve the heroes in some hopeless situation, and James Earl Jones shows up and says, "Hi, I'm James Earl Jones. This is one fine mess you've gotten yourself into. Now it's up to me to get you out." Kinda like how he sorta randomly showed up at the end of every movie in the early 90s and saved the day, only played totally for laughs.

mabudonicus
04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
good idea Chux, I totally feel it, it WOULD be a good film and yeah, maybe making it a romantic-comedy/international intrigue pic would be funny

Ever seen "action Family" by Chris Elliot?? I'm thinking a concept like that would work out good (if you ain't seen it LOOK IT UP it's hysterical)

A few cameos by other popular figures (Noam Chomsky, Ralph Nader, Richard Simmons, Lemmy, DIO, Wayne Gretzky, MC Hammer) would even make it better, especially if they were cast in hilariously inappropriate-for-their-shtick roles

Hell, why hasn't this hapened yet...

OH and the second trailer would have the classic reviewer comment "Even my wife got wood"
:beard: Iso&Baws
it would be a mega-hit

EDIT I was going to be first to respond but a buddy called, I pitched the idea to him and all's he said was "what about Mr.T"??
Too funny

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I've never seen that. I'm a little surprised there's a Chris Elliot vehicle I've not seen. The man is God, even if he's starred in some crappy kids comedies of late. He should appear as well.

If there are going to be a lot of random cameos, how about George Hamilton as Zorro? Or, better yet, Bunny? (I'm surprised that movie is still $15 on DVD. I want it, but not $15 worth.)

General_Grievous
04-06-2008, 04:54 PM
I've never seen that. I'm a little surprised there's a Chris Elliot vehicle I've not seen. The man is God, even if he's starred in some crappy kids comedies of late. He should appear as well.
Chris Elliot...now that's a name I've not heard in a long time....long time. Wasn't "Scary Movie 2" the last movie he was in?

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I think it was the last one of any noteworthiness. I believe he's been in a handful of really carpy kids' movies since, though.

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Here's the thing, generally, those "cult draw" people have fans who detest the OTHER cult draw people, often arbitrarily, so for each one that draws in, you have one or more that pushes away. It'd be quite a challenge.

On the other hand, right now we're suffering an endless stream of bad comedy movies, truly awful dreck from the Scary Movie genre, I blame Mad TV and the modern SNL cast for lowering the bar on comedy so damned far. But what if one could parody THAT? "Bad Movie" could skewer that awful comedy genre, and who would be better to star in it than the cast list you've given?

GG, great Waynes World 'tar & sig, Ed O'Neill is an underrated talent and that bit was one of my fav's.

mabudonicus
04-06-2008, 05:41 PM
DAMN JT, "Bad Movie" made by the right minds could be F-ing GOLD, tho the audience would really have to "get it" to make it work and how I'm seeing it that would exclude 95% of the population.. awesome concept tho
:beard: Iso&Baws
Chux find "Action Family" right away, call me with your thoughts at your convenience

TeeEye7
04-06-2008, 05:53 PM
They haven't really gone away. Look at the Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen movies.

I stand corrected! I didn't even think of those (probably since I've never been able to sit through the first one....)

Good call, GG! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-06-2008, 10:18 PM
On the other hand, right now we're suffering an endless stream of bad comedy movies, truly awful dreck from the Scary Movie genre, I blame Mad TV and the modern SNL cast for lowering the bar on comedy so damned far.
Belittle the cast of Mad TV all you want, but I'll defend the new SNL cast. They're trying. And hey, Bill Hader and Kristen Wigg from SNL were pretty funny in stuff like "Superbad" and "Walk Hard".

GG, great Waynes World 'tar & sig, Ed O'Neill is an underrated talent and that bit was one of my fav's.
Definitely. There's no doubting Al Bundy. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected! I didn't even think of those (probably since I've never been able to sit through the first one....)

Good call, GG! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I only saw the first one too. I wasn't extremely impressed but I thought the cast was pretty good.

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
DAMN JT, "Bad Movie" made by the right minds could be F-ing GOLD, tho the audience would really have to "get it" to make it work and how I'm seeing it that would exclude 95% of the population.. awesome concept tho
:beard: Iso&BawsTotally! As soon as I typed the idea, I knew it had potential to explode. The writing and directing have to be exceptionally tight to make it work, otherwise it becomes what it parodies (or worse than), but man it'd be great.

I was thinking today, it could be a film about the making of one (or more) of those Scary Movie spinoffs, Shatner could play Leslie Nielsen. :p

Belittle the cast of Mad TV all you want, but I'll defend the new SNL cast. They're trying. And hey, Bill Hader and Kristen Wigg from SNL were pretty funny in stuff like "Superbad" and "Walk Hard". First off, "they're trying" is the worst excuse ever in this case, at least Mad TV has a rhythm of failure down pat, SNL's current cast trying just means they're that much worse at their jobs because they try and fail. It's not just the cast really, the writers are just as inept most of the time.

Bill Hader reeks of "pushy" comedy, it's good for stage stuff, but it's "going for the rafters" work that just doesn't fly on-screen IMO. Kristen Wiig I don't think is funny at all, she's so wrapped up in her little oddities that she never reaches beyond those limits. The weird thing is, there is 1 castmember I think has some surprising range (that which the others totally lack), Jason Sudeikis, who really had a natural ability guest-starring on 30 Rock, but on SNL they write him material that never exploits it.

Hell, it's so bad on SNL that Peyton Manning out-funnied them, and he's a friggin' FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

BTW, don't think I'm singling out this cast 'cause it's new, they've sucked for quite a while, and I dumped on the '80s cast back in the day - suck is suck.

Definitely. There's no doubting Al Bundy. :thumbsup:Yeah, nor Popeye Doyle!

El Chuxter
08-22-2008, 12:14 AM
If there are going to be a lot of random cameos, how about George Hamilton as Zorro? Or, better yet, Bunny? (I'm surprised that movie is still $15 on DVD. I want it, but not $15 worth.)

Damn, with Gay Blade out of print, maybe I should've gotten it for $15 back when I posted this. :( It being so amazingly politically incorrect, I doubt it's ever aired on TV again.

Whoever took this DVD out of print should be executed until he is dead!!

Rocketboy
08-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Damn, with Gay Blade out of print, maybe I should've gotten it for $15 back when I posted this. :( It being so amazingly politically incorrect, I doubt it's ever aired on TV again.

Whoever took this DVD out of print should be executed until he is dead!!It was on tv just the other day, maybe last week, but I forget what channel.

Blue2th
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Quentin Tarantino always uses good actors from the past that were near being washed up in almost every one of his flicks.

I heard he was going to make a movie about WWII. I think Mike Meyers is in it, though he's not washed up yet. I'll bet we see some actors we thought were gone.

2-1B
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I think Mike Meyers is in it, though he's not washed up yet.

He's not? :confused:

You must not have seen The Love Guru. ;)

Blue2th
08-25-2008, 08:34 PM
He's not? :confused:

You must not have seen The Love Guru. ;)

I heard that one was really bad, and Justin Timberlake couldn't save it.

cookiemonster
09-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Ok heres a couple of more actors, you could use Tim Curry, Richard Obrien, Rutger Howard, Patrick Swayze, Madonna, Eddie Murphy, Don Johnson.