PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise 3 3/4 Carded

indyjones1981
04-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Has Hasbro indicated that they are going to do a carded 3 3/4 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise? I have not heard one way or another. That is one figure that is years if not decades overdue. I have been wanting one on a stand alone card. Does anyone know?

Sinscia Fat'o
04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
i would really doubt it. They've been pretty clear that han on a single card in storm trooper armor would only be in multi packs...but you never know.

Tycho
04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
For background: in 1995 they said that they would keep Han Trooper collectible by not single-carding him.

The Fruit Loops mail away was his first availability ever.

Then there was the 1997 Death Star Escape 3-pack.

The 2002 Trash Compactor 2-pack.

2007 saw the Comic Book 2-pack.

Hasbro either doesn't want to be made out into a liar (on this single issue?) or a hypocrite. But who knows if there are ANY fans that still care if a Han Trooper is collectible in that regard? A 6-pt articulated figure with one preposed, bent arm, is going to remain distinguishable from a 10-12 pt. SA figure with a modern sculpt.

I think Han Troopers are cool, but I'm way past having any use for that figure myself. I ate a lot of Fruit Loops in 1995 and Hasbro still hasn't made WED-115 or a Saurin from ANH. So I'm not worried about Han Troopers myself. But to each their own.

Snowtrooper
04-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I went ahead and made my own out of comic 2pak Han and TAC stormtrooper. Did the same with Luke. Looks pretty decen IMHO.

DarkArtist
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm guessing we'll get both Han and Luke in Stormie gear in a Legends repaint wave or something.

I've bought the non blue deco ones as well as the blue deco versions so I'll pass on them if they are re-released unless of course they redue Han and make him taller.

TheRealDubya
04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I went ahead and made my own out of comic 2pak Han and TAC stormtrooper. Did the same with Luke. Looks pretty decent IMHO.

I did the same thing, and am totally satisfied at this point. I wouldn't buy one unless it had a quantum leap forward in design or accessories.

Kidhuman
04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I went ahead and made my own out of comic 2pak Han and TAC stormtrooper. Did the same with Luke. Looks pretty decen IMHO.

I didnt make Han, I did take the MV Luke and put is head on a TAC Stormie. It has the wet head fresh from the compactor look

Sinscia Fat'o
04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I didnt make Han, I did take the MV Luke and put is head on a TAC Stormie. It has the wet head fresh from the compactor look

That's an awesome idea i need to try that!