PDA

View Full Version : arena playset pack-in

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 03:09 PM
So, we have this big Arena Battle playset coming out and will HAsbro stay true to form?? With all the EP1 playsets(theed hanger, generator, and even the R2 case came with a figure( or figure like) pack in. Will the new playset have one? I would say yes but it's just me speculating. What do you think?

Beast
02-14-2002, 03:28 PM
I think that just like all the vehicles this year, there will be no figure pack-in with the playset. Plus the specs for the arena playset on the official site don't mention a figure pack-in. Infact it goes as far as saying in the official announcment "Figures not included"

From Hasbro: ARENA PLAYSET
Recreate the Star Wars battle scenes with all of your action figures, beasts, and vehicles in the ARENA PLAYSET. One side of the playset is an ominous arena, where many a prey has fallen victim to the deadly beasts within. On the other side is the factory where the legions of BATTLEDROIDS and SUPER BATTLEDROIDS are produced. Figures not included. (Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Recommended Age: 4 & up; Availability: fall)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 03:35 PM
well I need to read the fine print then... Thanks Jar Jar

Beast
02-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
well I need to read the fine print then... Thanks Jar Jar
No problemo HC. Helping people is one of the reasons I am here. The top three would be: 1. I love helping people. 2. I am a Star Wars fanatic. 3. I have no life, but Star Wars. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
02-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Well, considering the last three playset figures (Cloud City Guard, Qui Gon with dancing action and bust apart battle droid) were the biggest pieces of ńss Hasbro has ever put out (The holy Cruise Missile Trooper excluded. CMT be praised!) I certainly hope they don't have any retarded pack ins...

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Well it looks like they're packing-in the pillars so we don't have to buy multiple Padmes. :p

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 04:13 PM
Don't speak badly of the cruise missle trooper, to this day that is my favorite figure.:crazed:

In all seriousness, I'd rather get those pillars than a crappy pack-in figure. Those pack-ins aren't usually any good.

GNT
02-15-2002, 01:47 AM
The price will be lower because there will be no figures packed inside :)So its good :)

evenflow
02-15-2002, 07:33 AM
It would be cool if a beast was included, but then again i would be dreaming. :zzz: j

Fixer
02-15-2002, 08:54 AM
That's very surprising. I figured that they'd include at least one el-cheapo Battle Droid, just to entice figure completests who wouldn't otherwise buy the playset. I'll probably end up getting it, but the final product quality will determine whether I pick it up in April, or wait for it to go on clearance in June of 2003.

Lord Tenebrous
02-15-2002, 11:09 AM
I'm considering the energy binder platform the 'pack-in figure', because it's the only accessory there not directly associated with the Arena sequence.

You can see its use in all three of the trailers.