PDA

View Full Version : Kashyyyk Trooper

Darth Cruel
04-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I got my first 4 of these figures yesterday. And I can easily say that they are among my very favorite Hasbro 3 3/4" Star Wars action figures. Great sculpt, great articulation, great paint app, AND a faceplate that lifts to reveal the face underneath. The one petty issue I have with the figure is that the hands seem to be a little too large (barely noticeable). I prefer the short blaster with this figure so I swapped it out, but I am all the way good with him being packed with the long blaster. I need a bunch of those for my other clones.

A rare "GREAT JOB" to Hasbro.

Edit - Oops...I forgot to add the pics

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/DarthCruel/DSC04384a.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/DarthCruel/DSC04383a.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/DarthCruel/DSC04382a.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I just got him, and he is way too short. I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another version of him a few years down the road to correct this, but he is pretty nice.

DarkArtist
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm a fan of the figure but would rather have not had the flip-up visor feature. I would rather have a completely removable helmet feature.

jamesbondo07
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I agree with it being too short. The paint app. is movie accurate but the height is not. Even though the articulation is not as good and the paint is not movie accurate on the Saga version I still like those better

bigbarada
04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I really like this figure as well. Probably my favorite figure from this wave.

Now that we have a new Gree and Kashyyk Trooper, I wonder how long it will take before we start seeing some improved Wookies. Every Ep3 Wookie figure was crap, we need new ones that are on the same level of detail and articulation as VOTC Chewie.

figrin bran
04-07-2008, 09:48 PM
The height is probably the worst aspect of this figure but if you have them in action poses, you can get around that and it won't be as noticeable.

Darth Cruel
04-08-2008, 07:44 AM
I can take or leave the flip-up visor. It stays down well enough and does not hinder the sculpt noticeably to me. If it didn't have the feature, I wouldn't miss it. But it doesn't bother me at all.

DarthBrandon
04-08-2008, 08:04 AM
I like this figure, but I passed on him due to the height issue. I have the previous version which is quite nice in it's own right.

jedi master sal
04-08-2008, 09:32 AM
The height is probably the worst aspect of this figure but if you have them in action poses, you can get around that and it won't be as noticeable.

Agreed. Mine will be set-up mostly in the background or next to wookiees where the height difference isn't going to matter next to them. The only one that might look out of place is the one that will be next to Gree and I can fudge that a little by making a small recess for Gree to stand in to look even with his clone. Considering they will be high up in the diorama, noone will ever notice the difference.

I'm still on my quest to get 40 of these suckers, but it's slow going. I'm lucky if I have 10 of them right now. But with the lull in figures for a couple more months, I'm hoping to attain my goal with relative ease.