PDA

View Full Version : Been watching Ep3 on Spike and.....

bigbarada
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm starting to actually like the movie.

They've been playing each film twice over the entire weekend. I watched Ep1 one time all the way through and kind of remembered why I liked it so much back in 1999. Ep2 is as unwatchable as ever for me. I only caught snippets of it during it's two broadcasts. But I found myself getting really into Ep3 both times that it played (last night and this afternoon).

Now this isn't to say that I've magically forgotten all of the plotholes (like who the crap is Sifo-Dyas?); but I just found that I don't really care anymore. Obviously we're never going to find out (unless Lucas has a surprise for us in the Clone Wars cartoon), so it doesn't even matter anymore. I've just been able to watch the films and enjoy them for the "put your brain on a shelf" entertainment that they are. Especially all the slapstick droid antics at the beginning of the film. :D

I think what also helped was the little mini-documentary they played before the film today where Lucas describes the Prequels as turning Darth Vader into a more pathetic character compared to what the OT established. Pathetic is the perfect description of the prequel Vader, so once I got my head around that everything else in the film just clicked into place.

bobafrett
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I actually enjoy EPIII. I still can't bear to watch episode I, unless I need something to help put me to sleep. Episode II has a few okay moments, but is pretty lackluster as well. But Most of Episode III is entertaining, and I can always fast forward through the Lovey Dovey so fake I could shovey it.

vader121
04-08-2008, 10:48 AM
The only good part of Ep1 is the saber duel with Maul at the end. The rest of it stinks. :mad:

Ep2's best part is the final battle scene. The rest of it stinks.:rolleyes:

Ep3 is by far the best of the prequels but still isn't an excellent movie. I do enjoy watching it but some of the dialog and the huge holes in it's storyline will always bother me. I was watching it yesterday and commented to my fiancee a few of the issues with it. I just couldn't stay quiet about them I guess.:frus:

bigbarada
04-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Ep1: I can still appreciate the production design, but now that the "wow-factor" of the special effects is gone, most of it just feels tedious. It's only 9 years old and it's already showing it's age. So, yeah, the lightsaber duel at the end is the only part that really keeps my interest.

Ep2: All the stuff dealing with the clones is still pretty cool to watch and that final Geonosis Battle is still cool, I just wish it was edited better. The dialogue between Dooku and Poggle, while he hands over the Death Star plans, just drives all the momentum of the previous action sequence to a dead stop, then it becomes difficult to get back into the action afterwards. I think someone should have informed Lucas that making Poggle speak in click and burps would be the death of every scene he is in.

AOTC still has the most boring "exciting chase sequences" I've ever watched. So I just flipped the channel to something else until the second half of the movie.

Ep3: The entire opening battle is awesome! A great mix of action and humor. Plus, this is Artoo in his prime and I love the slapstick interaction between him and the Battle Droids. I remember reading the ANH novelization before seeing Star Wars and I was always really disappointed by how static the onscreen Artoo looked in the OT films. He was a much more active droid in the original novel, so what we see in Ep3 is actually closer to the "true" Artoo-Detoo.

I also like the new Battle Droid voices, and I think Lucas should go back and redub the droid voices from Ep1 and 2 with the new, more cartoony, voices. I know I should be ready do duck the tomatoes being thrown at me, but I'm serious. The Battle Droids were never a serious threat, so why not have some fun with them?

I tune out during just about everything else that follows their landing on Coruscant, but then the action picks up again and the movie starts to get interesting.

I wish the Kashyyk scenes were longer and I also would have liked to have known exactly WHY Kashyyk was such a critical system and I think the movie needed to give more information into Yoda and Chewie's relationship. How did they know each other and why does the audience need to know that they are friends? Maybe the Clone Wars cartoon will shed some light. :overlyoptimistic:

The Order 66 scene is as powerful as ever, with my only problem still being Anakin's waffle personality just prior to this.

I think if Anakin's turn to the Darkside hadn't been such a sudden, WTF? moment, then the rest of the film would have resonated better, but I've found that if I just pretend that it was properly set up then I can enjoy the scenes for what they are.lol

Finally, the effects still look great and I don't see them dating themselves too soon.

CaptainSolo1138
04-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I forgot about them being on this weekend, so I only caught half of AotC and then saw most of RotS. I was going to start a thread but didn't really have a reason.

Watching these movies for the first time in a while made me realize something: They're OK to like. Let me explain. I actually thought both movies were kind of goofy when I watched them this weekend, but they were enjoyable. They're "Star Wars Lite". In an effort to keep this thread from degrading into just another :rehash: I'll stop there. As long as you watch them independent of whatever view you have of the OT they're fun.

I will say this: Palpatine's performance in RotS is downright laughable. Why people were calling for him to get a supporting actor nomination from the academy is beyond me. Its so ridiculously overacted that I was literally laughing out loud as I watched it Sunday night. Near the top of the giggle list are his "O" faces during the lightsaber battle with the Jedi in his office.

Snowtrooper
04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I watched a little bit of it. But I soon got tired of 5 minutes of movie followed by 5 minutes of commercials, especially when I can pop in the DVD and watch it uninterrupted.

Banthaholic
04-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I watched all I could get it, as it beats the garbage my wife finds on tv. Though the LoTR was also on, so commercials were non existent. It was interesting watching both and seeing the commercial placement, followed by the flip of the remote.

Phantom-like Menace
04-09-2008, 01:01 AM
I've always been a person who can take the good with the bad. I'll admit fully the prequels were a horrible disappointment. Lucas can claim as much as he likes that he didn't dumb them down for children, but that's just a bigger crock of **** than I'll be able to eat anytime in this lifetime. And I think that's the biggest problem we had with the prequels. We get Episode IV in '77, and we see the smoking corpses of Beru and Owen. We get episode V in '80, and we get Vader abusing his child like nobody's business. Then, Lucas adopts his daughter in '81, and suddenly we get Care Bears for Episode VI in '83 and it only goes to hell from there with Jar-Jar, The Fanbane, after Lucas has gone fully insane for the sake of the children.

However, there are certainly good things to be had from the prequels. In thirty years of Star Wars in all of its forms, movies, novels, comics, video games, Qui-Gon Jinn is my absolute favorite character. Too many people deride him for not agreeing with the council. Hell, Yoda didn't agree with the council, but everyone gives him a pass because he's Yoda. I even forgive Qui-Gon for not killing Jar-Jar and hiding the body. The Episode I duel between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul was beautiful. The music (Duel of the Fates? Hell yes!), the choreography, the sheer hatred Maul conveyed. Star Wars wasn't back until that scene started. I didn't like Episode I overall, but I felt it had a certain Star Wars magic to it.

I think Lucas took a lot of the complaints about Episode I to heart when he made II, but while he took out a lot of the stuff we complained about in I, he seemed to have taken out something important that I can't quite describe. Suffice it to say, II just seemed phoned in. My cynical side wants to say Lucas was pouting because we didn't like the love letter to the kiddies that was Episode I. I will say this: the lightsaber fights in Episode II were not only the worst fights in all six movies, but possibly some of the worst fights in cinematic history. I want to lay blame on Lucas for that as well under the assumption that he edited them to death. It was really nice to see so many Jedi even if they went out like amateurs by the scores. I did like some of Padme's outfits :whip: and Jango was cool.

And then we have Episode III. This movie was definitely the best of the prequels, and I stand by my statement that I liked it better than RotJ. I laughed despite myself at the stupid humor of the opening rescue of Palpatine. Some of the lightsaber fights were a vast improvment over the previous movie. I love the move when Anakin cuts off Dooku's hands. Epsiode III brought us individualized clones and their legions, and my plastic crack habit became completely unmanageable. About the only real complaints I had about Episode III were that Padme went from being a superhero in her own right to being a damsel in distress who couldn't even make a decision without consulting her psychotic murderer husband, and the final duel was a let down, especially after the wonderful Episode I fight.

So, yeah, I don't hate Episode I, can't find much reason to watch Episode II (aside from Jango and Padme's wardrobe), but Episode III largely got my approval.

I will say this: Palpatine's performance in RotS is downright laughable. Why people were calling for him to get a supporting actor nomination from the academy is beyond me. Its so ridiculously overacted that I was literally laughing out loud as I watched it Sunday night. Near the top of the giggle list are his "O" faces during the lightsaber battle with the Jedi in his office.

Lucas has made statements that seem to imply Mace Windu absolutely beat Palpatine fair and square, but I can't go along with that. That whole scene only works for me if Palpatine was begging not to be thrown in the briar patch, and I think that was how Jackson and McDiarmid were playing it. It's too much for me to swallow that Palpatine messed up that badly and that it still went that well for him. In my view, Palpatine toyed with Mace until Anakin arrived then played the rest of the scene to Anakin.

vader121
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
This thread has turned into another blog or rant about the prequels. I'll play along as I do need to get something off my chest.

Ep1 was a major dissapointment and if not for it being a 'Star Wars' film I believe it would have been a flop. Think about it. Who saw it because it was a Star Wars film rather than because you heard it was a good movie? Everyone I have talked to either thinks it's ok or a total pile of garbage. I am in the middle on that. Besides the Maul saber duel I also do like the setup of the droid vs Gungan battle. The setup is awesome and really builds up the excitement of what is to come. However the battle scene was a complete downer to say the least. Jar Jar should have died a horrible death in that scene.

Ep2 was a little better than Ep1 but still a dissapointment. Again, insert point made above on whether you saw it because it was a 'Star Wars' movie or that you heard it was good. I saw it to see if it would improve on the garbage that was Ep1. The lovey-dovey scenes between Anakin and Padme were nauseating. Anakin actor should have earned a razzle (?) award for his horrid acting. Padme was almost as bad. The ending battle is the best scene but I agree that seeing Jedi's get mowed down is pretty pathetic. Jango was pretty cool but, of course, was under-utilized which has become one of Lucas' trademarks. The Kamino scene was interesting on how the Clones came to be.

Ep3, again, is the best of the 3 and I do agree with what others have said. I think though that Palapatine's scenes were good overall. Love the theater scene when he has some awesome dialogue. The ending battle was great too. Issues with it: How Anakin turned so quickly is downright ridiculous, C3PO was a completely useless character, Padme was just annoying ... the list goes on.

CaptainSolo1138
04-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Ep1 was a major dissapointment and if not for it being a 'Star Wars' film I believe it would have been a flop. Think about it. Who saw it because it was a Star Wars film rather than because you heard it was a good movie?But you could argue that for pretty much any prequel/sequel of a series, be it Star Trek, Lord of the Rings or even The Matrix.

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Rick Astley! Freakin' sweet!

(The song is actually cool. You know it. Admit it.)

Again, on its own merits, ROTS is the best of the prequels. However, as a part of a series, it's the worst. It was the one movie on which everything hinged, which could've redeemed everything that was wrong with TPM and AOTC. It failed miserably, making the entire prequel trilogy a disaster.

TPM remains the most "Star Wars-ish" of the prequels. And, despite its many flaws, the most re-watchable. ROTS almost makes me sick, it "blows it" so badly.

2-1B
04-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Chux is an expert on "blowing it", so I will follow his lead since I know he has discriminating tastes. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I was going to start a thread but didn't really have a reason.

Was it because I already started one in the Star Wars TV section? :p

Tenric78
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I loved Ep III warts and all. II is decent, but with some horrid scenes and the less said about I the better.

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I've watched E III couple of times in the last month or so on HBO. It had been sometime since I've watched it (or any of the others SW movies) and I still love it. I had forgotten how sleezy Charlotte is in that film!!!

CaptainSolo1138
04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Was it because I already started one in the Star Wars TV section? :p
You should know full well that I usually don't pay any attention to what you post.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2008, 09:46 PM
You should know full well that I usually don't pay any attention to what you post.
:eek:

Welcome to my ignore list, a**hole. :mad:

CaptainSolo1138
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
:eek:

Welcome to my ignore list, a**hole. :mad:
At least there'll be plenty of peaches to eat during my stay. Or should I make peaches eat me?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2008, 11:05 PM
At least there'll be plenty of peaches to eat during my stay. Or should I make peaches eat me?
I think peaches should eat us all.

El Chuxter
04-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I understand they come in a can, where they were put by a man in a factory downtown.

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I moved to the country, but I haven't eaten any peaches.:(

Mad Slanted Powers
04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I happened to watch a minute of TPM, but it looked so horrible presented in full screen that there wasn't any point in watching when I could watch the widescreen DVD anytime. Having my TV in full display mode stretched the picture out and made it look even worse.

I agree with PLM about Qui-Gon. I thought he was a great character and seemed to be everything I thought a Jedi should be, even if I wasn't sure what that was going into the movie.

I'm kind of with Chux on the prequels. TPM definitely feels like Star Wars to me, and is my favorite of the three. AOTC is my least favorite. ROTS is pretty good, but I agree that as part of the series it had the most disappointment in not tying everything together with the OT as well as it should have.

Phantom-like Menace
04-11-2008, 01:45 AM
I agree with PLM about Qui-Gon. I thought he was a great character and seemed to be everything I thought a Jedi should be, even if I wasn't sure what that was going into the movie.

Quoted just to thank you for showing Qui-Gon some love.:pleased:

jedibear
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I caught a bit of AOTC and the beginning of ROTS on Spike...as MSP pointed out, it's just impossible to watch these "full screen"....

As for the "quality" of the prequels themselves...well...at the risk of ****ing on the fire with gasoline and stirring things up.....I like them...a lot. My only real drawback to them remains this: I wish Lucas would've trusted his initial instinct on the cuts of AOTC and ROTS that included the Padme-focused scenes that were deleted. In both films (especially ROTS), her character is weakened in the overall story to the point of being almost nothing more than (as Phantom-like aptly put it) a damsel in distress. The home-life scenes removed from AOTC helped establish what kind of "normal" life Anakin was missing...being accepted into a family situation with respect and openess as well as showing more scenes of the two of them together making the "leap" to love less abrupt.
The ROTS deleted Padme scenes are really needed back in...it's the birth of the rebellion! Plus, it shows her as a working Senator with influence and lends itself well to the idea/possibility that part of Palpatine's machinations of Anakin include taking down Padme as an adversary in the senate. It's good stuff that makes the movies stronger. Lose some of the overdone "antics" of droids and tighten some long chase scenes and put 'em back!

And sorry Chux...but I really like ROTS. Is it perfect? Of course not....but it features moments I waited 30 years to see and features some great performances from Ewan as Obi-Wan, Oz/Coleman as Yoda and yes, Hayden that make it work well for me...

TPM will always be more about the event...a special time...for me as much as a movie but without it we wouldn't have experienced Neeson's measured, excellent performance of Qui-Gon Jinn or Ray Park's amazing feral intensity as Darth Maul...and yes, it does have the most classic "Star Wars" feel of the prequels to it. And I like AOTC too...including the "period"-style romance and the stunning start to the Clone Wars....

Okay...rambled enough here...let the ripping begin!

El Chuxter
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I know a lot of people who like ROTS. I can't see why, personally. Lucas delayed all the character development until ROTS, and we trusted him to include it there. And then he didn't. Going from cute widdle kid to galactic mass murderer takes more than a bad dream.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Quoted just to thank you for showing Qui-Gon some love.:pleased:

Qui-Gon was my favorite character too, out of the entire prequel trilogy (second being palpatine) and I really wish he would have been in all three films.

After just recently watching all the documentaries and then all the films with commentary and then all the films by the themselves (just the prequels) I can safely say I enjoy them for the most part except about half of AOTC. I've stopped being a grumpy old lady where it concerns the prequels ;)

Order of the way I like them is difficult because TPM and ROTS are on equal ground for me but I'll pick TPM because I still think Grievous is one of THE stupidest characters ever created! It's really hard for me to watch the scenes with the idiot. Aotc definitely my least favorite but still some parts that are enjoyable to watch.

Phantom-like Menace
04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
. . . Grievous is one of THE stupidest characters ever created! It's really hard for me to watch the scenes with the idiot. Aotc definitely my least favorite but still some parts that are enjoyable to watch.

Yeah, he definitely came off much better in the Clone Wars cartoons. His lightsaber antics were one of the low points of RotS, and the character--like many of the CGI characters--was just too over the top. Yeah, I have no idea what we were supposed to have gotten out of the Obi-Wan/Grievous fight, but it wasn't entertainment.

El Chuxter
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Ditto on the Qui-Gon. He should've been in Episode III. They should've made a point to include him somehow, regardless of Neeson's schedule.

You've probably noticed that, when Yoda tells Obi-Wan he wants him to train with his old master, Obi-Wan perks up and says, "Qui-Gon!!" As if this is a revelation to him. He doesn't say, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, you wrinkled Muppet? He's dead!" There should've been a brief image of the ghost of Qui-Gon appearing, to justify Obi-Wan's reaction. And it would've been hella easy to include, too. More shoddy filmmaking from Lucas. "Eh, Neeson's busy? Screw him; we don't need one of the most important scenes of the movie! I am God here!!"

Grievous was a huge disappointment after Clone Wars. He went from being this incredibly nasty villain to a pathetic attempt at comedy.

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Qui-Gonn should have been in all three films. He was sorely missed in Ep2 and 3. He was the heart and soul of Episode 1.

Tenric78
04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Qui Gon should have shown up in the last film all blinky and blue, it was such a rip off that he was only mentioned at the end of ROTS.

I also agree that the Padme scenes cut from ROTS really, really hurt her character. Watching AOTC and ROTS back to back it's so sad that she goes from this kick *** female character to someone who WILLS HERSELF TO DIE DURING CHILDBIRTH. I literally hate her in ROTS, but love her in AOTC. It's so bizarre.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I know a lot of people who like ROTS. I can't see why, personally. Lucas delayed all the character development until ROTS, and we trusted him to include it there. And then he didn't. Going from cute widdle kid to galactic mass murderer takes more than a bad dream.

It did take much more than that. Somehow it just didn't translate well to most people watching the movie. It even had me confused when Anakin turned. However, the evidence is all there. He is a cute kid who gives without thought of reward in TPM, but that passion to do good translates into his impatience as a Jedi. We see his frustration with Obi-Wan in AOTC, along with his foreshadowing statement to Padmé about a dictatorship. All this time Palpatine is weaving his spell on him. By the time we get to the decisive moments in ROTS, he has bought into Palpatine's propaganda. Fear of losing Padmé helped him make that fateful decision. By the end of the movie all he has left is anger and hatred.

Tenric78
04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I always thought that if they had met Anakin when he was... I dunno 15 or 16 then they could have gotten a jump on his character development. They waste an entire film showing that he's an innocent kid. I could have just assumed or been told that.

jedibear
04-11-2008, 11:04 PM

Sometimes I have to wonder if I saw the same movie as other folks....

Let's see...in ROTS, Anakin...
starts off the film showing his great piloting skills while rescuing the Supreme Chancellor from Grievous' clutches. He shows impulsiveness during the rescue and succumbs to his quick temper when prompted by Palpatine to kill Dooku..
He arrives back on Coruscant to find his secret wife is pregnant, a "happy time" he can't share with his fellow Jedi or his best friend, Obi-Wan...creating more inner tension...
After having a terror-infused vision of his wife's demise, he attempts to do the right thing and consult his order's leader on what to do only to be plied with advice to just "let go"...but the guilt built up from his self-perceived "failure" to save his mother makes the Jedi platitudes seem more useless than ever to him and the tension builds...
The Chancellor continues his plot of division by "appointing" Anakin to the Council, knowing it will stir even more tension...the Jedi fall into the trap by granting the "appointment" but snubbing Anakin personally by denying him "Master" status, and on top of that, test his strained loyalty to the order by asking him to spy on the Chancellor...building even higher tension...
Knowing that he can't "hold off" the Jedi much longer and seeing Anakin is close to the breaking point, the Chancellor offers "the apple" of temptation by making Anakin believe he can save Padme by choosing the dark side...
When the most crucial mission of the war arises, capturing or destroying Grievous and finally bringing the conflict to an end...the council snubs him again by giving the mission to his best friend and telling him he's out of the action because of the "mission" he doesn't want to be doing in the first place (spying on Palpatine)...building the resentment and tension to the breaking point....
When his friend and partner leaves for the mission, Anakin attempts to talk to his former master and get some kind of acknowledgment of his perceived ill treatment by the council only to get more of the same old advice of "have patience" from his old master...leaving him sad and feeling lost...
His lifelong benefactor and friend reveals himself to be the "evil" Anakin has been fighting for the entire war and when he tells Mace Windu, he is denied yet again in the strongest terms (heck, it's borderline insulting: "...if what you say is true, then I'll trust you" Yikes! What a slap!) and told to once again remain out of the action when....
....he joins the confrontation only to have to make the fateful choice of following his head or his heart and if he's proven anything over the course of the story...he heart wins for good or bad....

I don't know...seems like plenty of character and story development to me. :)

El Chuxter
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
You left out the part where he kills Mace Windu and is told that Palpatine really knows nothing about keeping Padme alive, and he decides to go off and kill a bunch of kids anyway.

And I must've missed the part where Obi-Wan does or says anything to indicate to Anakin that he's against him. Palpatine is a mentor to him, but Obi-Wan is like a brother. Why choose a politician who admits to lying to you to get you to kill some of your comrades, versus the person you're closest to in the world after your wife and dead mother?

jedibear
04-11-2008, 11:29 PM
You always hurt the one you love.

:)

Phantom-like Menace
04-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Watching AOTC and ROTS back to back it's so sad that she goes from this kick *** female character to someone who WILLS HERSELF TO DIE DURING CHILDBIRTH.

I forget to even mention this fact. The notion that that character would just leave her children to live with whomever without a mother is ludicrous, beyond suspension of even devil's advocate-like disbelief, a total violation of the character. Nevermind completely in conflict with statements by Leia that she remembers her mother.

Luke: "What do you remember about your mother. Your real mother.

Leia: "She was kind of spineless and didn't seem to give two ****s about us. I think we're better off really. Hope I didn't burst that bubble for you."

JON9000
04-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Lucas describes the Prequels as turning Darth Vader into a more pathetic character compared to what the OT established. Pathetic is the perfect description of the prequel Vader, so once I got my head around that everything else in the film just clicked into place.

That's dead right. In the OT days, I used to wonder why Vader was the baddest dude in the galaxy in ESB and ROTJ (particularly in ESB, where spaceship/wang size and position on the imperial totem/scrotum were obviously meant to correspond), while in ANH he was was basically the lowly henchman of an underling (Tarkin). Remember the attitude that officer comes to Vader with in the halls of theTantive IV? A bit uppity and impatient, if you ask me; kinda like: "Vader, you's a dummy and the tapes are not here." A far cry from the trembling officers in ESB.

The PT cleared that up a bit.

Vader was badarse, then he got the beatdown from Obi, leaving him physically unable to perform some of the coolest Sith Tricks. He's a pretty lame apprentice, unable to fulfill Palpy's big dreams; so, he gets clean up duty around the galaxy in ANH. If anything, there is a bad disconnect between Vader's position in ANH and ESB, but I can overlook that, because I am an OT worshipper!

I forget to even mention this fact. The notion that that character would just leave her children to live with whomever without a mother is ludicrous, beyond suspension of even devil's advocate-like disbelief, a total violation of the character. Nevermind completely in conflict with statements by Leia that she remembers her mother.

Luke: "What do you remember about your mother. Your real mother.

Leia: "She was kind of spineless and didn't seem to give two ****s about us. I think we're better off really. Hope I didn't burst that bubble for you."

Kinda like Queen Cleopatra VII giving herself the asp while her kiddies ran about in the halls of the palace. Totally unbelievable. Oh, wait... that really happened...

bigbarada
04-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Postpartum depression has caused women to kill themselves in real life, even though they have newborn babies. So it's not unheard of, but I think it usually occurs after childbirth not during; but I guess Padme was always ahead of the curve.:rolleyes:

El Chuxter
04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Postpartem depression normally doesn't kick in the minute the baby comes out of the birthing canal.

2-1B
04-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Watching AOTC and ROTS back to back it's so sad that she goes from this kick *** female character to someone who WILLS HERSELF TO DIE DURING CHILDBIRTH.

Give her a break, she's knocked up. B**ches get loopy when they're preggers.

Postpartem depression normally doesn't kick in the minute the baby comes out of the birthing canal.

It won't even be a problem if Anakin comes out of the birthing canal in AOTC.