PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Falcon

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Desfiy
05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I have to admit I am looking forward to this, have been wanting one like this since the Kenner days, and its so close I can feel it.:thumbsup:

obi-dad
05-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I have to admit I am looking forward to this, have been wanting one like this since the Kenner days, and its so close I can feel it.:thumbsup:

exactly... I can't remember the last time I wanted to spend $150 so badly!

JEDIpartner
05-28-2008, 12:46 PM
A five foot long toy!! *scoffs* :rolleyes: I don't think so! I think this one is big enough. It's not to scale... but seriously folks!

I can't wait to get this!!!!

pkalan70
05-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I actually own one of those toys r us falcons.

It is too large in scale for 3 3/4 inch figures.
A good comparison is the old falcon to the old 3 3/4 inch figures
to the toys r us falcon to the 12 inch figures.
Close, but no cigar.

And construction is very simple, almost like two kids plastic pools riveted together. Was not meant to last, other then for a temporary display.

Still, very cool, and very impressive.

jedi master sal
05-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I actually own one of those toys r us falcons.

It is too large in scale for 3 3/4 inch figures.
A good comparison is the old falcon to the old 3 3/4 inch figures
to the toys r us falcon to the 12 inch figures.
Close, but no cigar.

And construction is very simple, almost like two kids plastic pools riveted together. Was not meant to last, other then for a temporary display.

Still, very cool, and very impressive.

I've got one of these as well and had hoped to make the insides of the ship. But with Hasbro making this new Falcon, I will put those pans on the back burner.

Tycho
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
I really want my Falcon as well. Such a good piece.

I've wavered on whether I'm saying I'm going to buy this or not, but yeah - I'll buy it, I'm sure!

obi-dad
05-30-2008, 02:08 PM
A five foot long toy!! *scoffs* :rolleyes: I don't think so! I think this one is big enough. It's not to scale... but seriously folks!

I actually couldn't believe it last year when I read people were not only wanting a 5-6' MF, but expecting it. Not to mention the multiple reasons it wouldn't be feasible... shelf space, cost, almost no one would have space at home, but again, I'm not mentioning the obvious reasons. Based on the pictures so far, I am quite psyched!

JEDIpartner
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm glad they settled for the difference. The size they made this one is really almost too big for a toy but it still manages. I'm REALLY excited about it after having seen this: Millennium Falcon Instruction & Features Sheet from Hasbro (http://www.zshare.net/download/131577586abe2bb5/)

Blue2th
06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Just looked at that pdf. WOW! I can't believe all the features we're getting. They went way above and beyond what they had to. This is gonna knock my socks off!

JEDIpartner
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
If anyone questioned the value of this toy, this document should put that to rest. This is kinda what I had imagined we'd be getting, which is why, when I had to decide how to best spend my cash, I went with this over the AT-TE. I wish I could do both but I have neither the space nor the funds. While the little walker is cool, I think the Falcon really has the most features and the best use of engineering.

mark2d2
06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
wow. it sure does keep getting better and better, doesn't it? crazy. that pdf was a fun read to be sure. . .

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Holy Moses!!! That thing is gonna be INSANE.

Tycho
06-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm not really buying toys (haven't been hunting in a long while) so I'm going to put at least $570 on my credit card on or about 7/26.

$150 Falcon
$100 AT-TE #1
$100 AT-TE #2
$ 40 V-19 Torrent Fighters x 2
$ 80 Homing Spider Droids x 4
----------------------------------
$570 (probably over $600 with tax)

I think there may be Galactic Heroes and GH ships / beasts, Evolutions, Comic 2-packs, some new figures (I'm not buying most Clone Wars)
but that will be it.

Then I can pay this off from Aug-Oct or Nov., as I can see the only toys I'd be buying are the occasional $7 figure here and there as stuff comes out which I'm not interested in buying multiples of.

But I'd rather buy all the above in one trip than waste gas looking for it later.

I won't open it all at once, that's for sure.

THE FALCON WILL BE OPENED FIRST and probably keep me busy for days!!!

So when I get around to the other stuff, it will be like getting new toys :pleased:

I've lay awake in bed just thinking about all the new stuff and it always comes back to the Falcon that I want the most!

It is an unexpected and unplanned purchase. I don't need that darn ship! 2 AT-TE's were always on my wishlist. But the darn Millennium Falcon cannot be topped and I couldn't even wait to open it while I was messing around with an AT-TE!

Thanks for sharing those details, JediPartnr. It's really something, isn't it?

Blue2th
06-05-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not really buying toys (haven't been hunting in a long while) so I'm going to put at least $570 on my credit card on or about 7/26.

$150 Falcon
$100 AT-TE #1
$100 AT-TE #2
$ 40 V-19 Torrent Fighters x 2
$ 80 Homing Spider Droids x 4
----------------------------------
$570 (probably over $600 with tax)

Just buying one of each is still $290, and that's the least I will spend. That's not counting most of the new sculpts of the Legacy series I will be buying also.

Tycho
06-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't think the Legacy figures will be out 7/26 so you won't be spending on that quite yet.

And for those of you who got an economic stimulus check, you won't even be spending the full amount by buying what I was planning to pick up myself.

At this particular time, this kind of SW purchase may not be "unaffordable."

But people have other choices. Regardless, they will always have their debt obligations so they might as well enjoy the government's "gift."

In that sense, I think the Falcon AND an AT-TE could be within everyone's reach if they want it.

Blue2th
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't think the Legacy figures will be out 7/26 so you won't be spending on that quite yet.

In a way that's good news. Guess I was expecting the Yarna and the Clone Wars I (realistic style) waves then.

Hook or crook I'm getting that Falcon though.

Tycho
06-05-2008, 11:43 PM
There will be Clone Wars figures a-plenty.

What are the realistically styled ones? I thought it will be primarily the animated-style figures that are released on 7-26.

Can we have a figure-expectations list posted HERE for 7-26 as well?

Blue2th
06-06-2008, 08:53 AM
What are the realistically styled ones? I thought it will be primarily the animated-style figures that are released on 7-26.

We were supposed to get these ones in the TAC line but they moved them up. They are in realistic and not animated style:

SW 3 ¾” FIGURE ASSORTMENT WAVE 10 - April 2008
Obi-Wan with Generals Armour
Clone Trooper with Quad Cannon
Clone Scuba Trooper
Saesee Tiin with General Armour
Padme Ilum
Black IG-88 Speeder Bike Droid
Mon Calamari Warrior
Quarren Soldier

Tycho
06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you Blue2th.

SW 3 ¾” FIGURE ASSORTMENT WAVE 10 - April 2008

Obi-Wan with Generals Armour - I wanted this figure, but I think the softgoods look poor here. I want a molded, all-plastic one really. I may buy this and keep him carded, holding out for a better figure of the same. Very sad. I don't recall having done that before.

Clone Trooper with Quad Cannon - eh

Clone Scuba Trooper - I think I'll buy 2

Saesee Tiin with General Armour - I don't know

Padme Ilum - sucks if it is better than the Battle Pack. I bought the pack for the droids she fights and I'm done with Ilum. It wasn't a great part of the CW 'toons anyway. I just bought it because I marginally wanted it, but not really.

Black IG-88 Speeder Bike Droid - I bought 3 of the VTAC IG-88's to hold me over for these. I'm done.

Mon Calamari Warrior - I'll probably buy 2.

Quarren Soldier - I'll buy 3. (Kit Fisto will be having an adventure at my house!)

So about $56 dollars (plus tax = maybe $65) in figures for me, add to my 7-26 total, and I'm at about $650 for the "madness" with the vehicles included in the bulk of it.

In terms of cash, it is bordering on being very close to (the start) of my spending patterns at previous Midnight Madnesses - which amounted to over $1,000. But I'm getting far LESS product - though larger and more expensive ones with the Falcon and AT-TE and what not.

Dark Marble
06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, I don't know about the rest of the figures and vehicles but the Falcon is mine on the 26th. However, this and the AT-TE late might be the last big vehicles I ever get. Maybe some of the last vechicles. It is getting to expensive to keep up. The Falcon is great to go out on.

Tycho
06-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Well I really want the Sailbarge for example, but even if they do it, it WILL NOT BE IN 2008. So your budget for toys in 2009 or 2010 might be totally clear to purchase something different.

But Hasbro is NOT going to roll out a capital ships collection for the 3 3/4" right now!

Blue2th
06-06-2008, 11:43 AM
RS has a YouTube video of the BMF. You can see how big it is with a person next to it.
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_BMF_Video_115166.asp

Mvader91
06-06-2008, 12:16 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
RS has a YouTube video of the BMF. You can see how big it is with a person next to it.
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_BMF_Video_115166.asp
I gotta tell ya that thing looks awesome. Definitely getting one to open and one sealed. Not sure about AT-TE.

Snowtrooper
06-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks pretty sweet. It makes the AT-TE seem kinda small. I'm sure I'll be getting both of em come 7/26.

Its amusing how they refer to it as a playset.

Tycho
06-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Geeze: I may buy a lot of Star Wars and build dioramas for a hobby, but with the Millennium Falcon I have NO DOUBT that I will be able to return to actually being able to PLAY with my toys again!

Wow!

I can see myself spending hours with this thing daily. And you know: I don't think that's sad. I think it's a priviledge!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Geeze: I may buy a lot of Star Wars and build dioramas for a hobby, but with the Millennium Falcon I have NO DOUBT that I will be able to return to actually being able to PLAY with my toys again!

Wow!

I can see myself spending hours with this thing daily. And you know: I don't think that's sad. I think it's a priviledge!
Just so you know, Tycho, at least the first wave of TLC figures (the sandstorm/ROTJ wave) will be out on July 26. I think I'll make a new thread for a list of what to expect that day . . .

JEDIpartner
06-06-2008, 02:14 PM
The presentation video was pretty cool. I wish he would've done more with the "escape pod" than just pull it out a centimetre and then stick it back into the ship.

Blue2th
06-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I wanted to see the ramp in action. Don't know from the pdf specs if it's electronic, spring loaded, or some kind of hydraulic system. Maybe I need to read them again.

It looked like the top turret gun was electronic though.

El Chuxter
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Han looks dead in that video.

jedi master sal
06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I wanted to see the ramp in action. Don't know from the pdf specs if it's electronic, spring loaded, or some kind of hydraulic system. Maybe I need to read them again.

It looked like the top turret gun was electronic though.

The ramp is electronic. It makes sounds and comes down when you press a button. You have to manually close it, but it makes closings sounds too, when you do that!

Tycho
06-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Han looks dead in that video.

He was just practicing in case someone wanted to use him as a KotCS figure substitute for Indy :D

JediTricks
06-07-2008, 02:46 PM
The PDF instructions show a lot of voice buttons, almost too many! But lots of features, and it looks like they did include the drop-down repeater cannon, just not a door to hide it in. Why did stupid Hasbro have to release this during Comic-Con?!?

indyjones1981
06-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Saw the Falcom video. Wow that is awesome. The best Star Wars Falcon ever. Interesting that the old mold finally broke after 30 years. 2008 is the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars Action Figures, play sets and vechicles. Might have to buy 2.

Jargo
06-07-2008, 04:46 PM
the guy in the presentation vid couldn't have come across more bored if he tried.

Tycho
06-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Jargo, do you really think he was bored? Maybe he's just stiff. I mean if it were me making the video, I'd come off like a hyper-excited 4 year old kid, making my own Wookiee sounds while I was playing with it. But perhaps they couldn't strike a balance between the guy they used and THAT kind of enthusiasm I'd exhibit.

(I can make pretty decent Wookiee sounds, btw)

Why did stupid Hasbro have to release this during Comic-Con?!?

As I gather, the midnite madness will happen with the line-up being on Friday night for the doors to open at 12am on Saturday morning.

I have dialysis on Fridays (SW day at Comic Con) and in the event I do not reschedule that day, I will be leaving the Con probably after the Hasbro Q&A. It will depend upon whether Thu or Sat have less I want to attend, and I shift dialysis to those days for that week.

When I'm done at the clinic on Friday, I can drive downtown to the Con and pick up some of you SSGrs and take you with me to line up at Toys R Us. It could be fun. When we're through - we'll need room in my SUV for all the Millennium Falcons, so we can use bungee cords to tie JediTricks to the roof :thumbsup: I'll drive carefully, I swear!

But seriously, JT and some of you other guys who are staying in SD for the Con: I'm happy to take probably 2 people in my Jeep to TRU that night if you'd like. I have to carry at least one less passenger so that there's room for the toys. I expect it will be a lot. If others can drive, I'll provide directions (not that you can't use MapQuest with over 2 months lead-time) and you'll have more room for product in your own vehicles. Clean out your trunks though. You don't want stuff visible so your car gets broken into while you're at the Con because you can see new, packaged stuff through your windows.

jedimastergeorge06
06-07-2008, 05:25 PM
So there is going to be a midnight madness for the legacy collection?

JEDIpartner
06-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Jargo, do you really think he was bored? Maybe he's just stiff.

I was pretty stiff after seeing that video! :laugh:

AmanaMatt
06-07-2008, 07:18 PM
The BMF looks awesome. There is no question 'if' I get this; the second I see this, it is mine. That ship is fantastic looking - and the features are uber cool!

DarkArtist
06-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I am so looking forward to getting the Falcon but I might have to wait awhile and save up on the dough. I think I might get the figures at least on 7/26 and then decide that night whether I want the Falcon or AT-TE first. since both are coming out on the same night I need to really think about which I would like more.

I will eventually get both though it's just going to be a matter of time

JetsAndHeels
06-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Man, I can't wait to get this Falcon. I am not a big vehicle collector, but this thing is just too cool to pass up. Bring on 7/26!!

JediTricks
06-08-2008, 11:14 PM
But seriously, JT and some of you other guys who are staying in SD for the Con: I'm happy to take probably 2 people in my Jeep to TRU that night if you'd like. I have to carry at least one less passenger so that there's room for the toys. I expect it will be a lot. If others can drive, I'll provide directions (not that you can't use MapQuest with over 2 months lead-time) and you'll have more room for product in your own vehicles. Clean out your trunks though. You don't want stuff visible so your car gets broken into while you're at the Con because you can see new, packaged stuff through your windows.I've got my car, that's not the problem. The problem is lugging that stuff around, and having the money to buy it.

Tycho
06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I wonder if the stores will have enough Millennium Falcons to meet the demand?

In 2005 at Midnite Madness, my Toys R Us manager decided to let 5 people at a time in to the store and keep the shopping orderly. The merchandise was arranged "assembly line style," so that as 5 people went in, they'd encounter everything up in the front of the store, and they'd move through, taking what they intended to buy. Then when they moved into the checkout lane, the next 5 were admitted to the store.

This process seemed to work very smoothely, and the employee team stood by ready to instantly restock items as they were depleted, in between the waves of 5 shoppers.

Now me and my crew had made certain that we were camped out early enough to be the very first people through the door. I got items such as Hasbro's 12" General Grievous that night, which did sell out before everyone in line who wanted one could purchase him.

But as my group went through the gauntlet - and you all KNOW how much stuff we hoarde / buy - shoppers 6-15 or so were pounding on the glass doors just irate at the amount of product my group was picking up. As it turned out, there was plenty left for probably 6-50 or so, but people panicked.

With Comic Con going on simultaneously, I think San Diego's Toys R Us' might be swamped.

How many Falcons will the stores get in? Target and Wal-Mart will unquestioningly purchase less than TRU, don't you think? The big vehicles will be very disruptive to stock. TRU can make a pile of them in an isle, but the general merchandise retailers are not specifically toy stores and will probably not like to do that.

To top it off, Friday is Star Wars Day at Comic Con. As far as I know, right now, I still have to leave the con in time for lunch and then dialysis unless I re-arrange my medical treatment schedule that week. I may only be able to be at the Convention for 2 hours that day, hopefully in time to see Hasbro's Q&A.

Mirtez
06-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Not sure if its been discussed, could not find it, but does anyone know the price on the MF, I heard it was going to be over $200.00

obi-dad
06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm fairly certain I read it will be $14x.xx

Tycho
06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
About $150 at most retailers like Target.

jjreason
06-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Someone has reported a find of 4 new Falcons at a TRU in Ontario. $199 is our retail price.

obi-dad
06-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Someone has reported a find of 4 new Falcons at a TRU in Ontario. $199 is our retail price.

Another case of a store not holding product until the release date? What a shock! :shocked:

With the weaker US dollar, would it be worth it for someone (who happened to live near the border) to drive to a US store if they were buying both the MF & AT-TE? Of course, gas prices would probably offset that unless there was more than one purpose for the trip.

jedi master sal
06-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Someone mentioned this on Snowtroopers.ca

It definitely would not be worth driving over with the price of gas nowadays.

JediTricks
06-13-2008, 04:43 PM
With the US dollar so weak, you'd be spending $193.35 US at a Canadian store (it's $199 Canadian). Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2008, 05:05 PM
On that site, it looks like our own pegger found some but couldn't buy one, but another guy was able to.

pegger
06-13-2008, 06:12 PM
On that site, it looks like our own pegger found some but couldn't buy one, but another guy was able to.

Yeah - that was me. Had it in my hands... My FREAKING HANDS!!!!! Even got it to the till! I was literally 15 steps away....

But the floor manager said "Hey - those aren't supposed to be out yet."

Such is the story of my life....

...and since the guy has helped me out a ton in the past - and offered to hold one for me to ensure I get it - I wasn't going to get all snarky about it, and cost him his job....

- and they guy that got it was in Oakville - about 60 miles from me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2008, 09:53 PM
That's still pretty cool, though. What are the handles on the box like? I mean, are they holes in the side, or do they pop out, are they plastic, what?

pegger
06-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Holes in the side - typical box type handles. One guy has a link up to some pictures. They are amazing. He's even got a side by side shot with the old Falcon. Incredible.

Blue2th
06-15-2008, 07:35 AM
I saw those side by side pics. It's humoungus giganticus!

mm74md
06-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Holes in the side - typical box type handles. One guy has a link up to some pictures. They are amazing. He's even got a side by side shot with the old Falcon. Incredible.

Could you post the link please? Thanks!

mm74md
06-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Could you post the link please? Thanks!

Nevermind, I found it.

O - M - G!

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=16598.480

Snowtrooper
06-15-2008, 01:10 PM
The old one looks like a micro-machine in comparison!!!!

Tycho
06-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Does it annoy anyone that you "have" to buy this?

I want it. I'm planning on buying it, too. And I'll probably be mad at myself if I don't get it. Why? Because it's so awesome and does so much!

But I had ZERO intentions of ever buying another Millennium Falcon toy before I saw this. I resisted and never bought the larger (scale) X-wing (FX/ Dagobah (the most awesome version with that sculpt) etc., nor have I bought any large-wing TIEs. (It's in the back of my mind to buy 2 TIEs and an X-wing, but I think I'll do just fine with never taking that plunge.)

But in contrast, I cannot resist this darn Falcon!

Where the heck am I going to put it? How do I keep the dust off it and display something that size?

I already have thoughts that:

1) It can take away my kitchen table. (I won't like that for long)

2) It can take away my coffee table. (I actually like having that to use as an ottoman and resting my feet on top of a pillow I place on it. I won't like the Falcon taking this space either).

3) It can take the position of my computer at my desk. (This might work - I can plug my laptop in on my kitchen table and use my broadband anywhere, but I like my natural keyboard I connect and so forth. But my desk is huge. I might be able to manuever things so that both items fit. Nevertheless it is going to crowd me. Part of me wishes Hasbro never made this thing! I want a Jabba Sailbarge!

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Does it annoy anyone that you "have" to buy this?

No, it doesn't bother me at all. This Falcon looks to be one of the best vehicles in the star wars line. I am very excited about getting one, and I am not a vehicle collector.

As far as where to put it, well I don't have to have a refrigerator in the kitchen. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh my god, July 26 cannot get here fast enough!!! :D

It even has the proper second gunner station cannon as well as the smaller ESB cannon. The size of the new one is just insane.

Tycho
06-15-2008, 02:13 PM
As far as where to put it, well I don't have to have a refrigerator in the kitchen. :)

But what if there's a nuclear holocaust? You can survive and even "fly out of state" in your refridgerator. I recently learned this from a feature film about the archeological sciences I happened upon.

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2008, 02:20 PM
But what if there's a nuclear holocaust? You can survive and even "fly out of state" in your refridgerator. I recently learned this from a feature film about the archeological sciences I happened upon.

I'm not worried about that. The aliens would just take me up anyway.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm not worried about that. The aliens would just take me up anyway.
*ahem* They're interdimensional beings.

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2008, 03:56 PM
*ahem* They're interdimensional beings.

Yes, of course. :)

JediTricks
06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Does it annoy anyone that you "have" to buy this?Are you ****ing kidding me? The second I saw that first comparison pic, I was giddy and couldn't wait to drop $150 on this sucker, I don't "have" to buy it, I WANT to buy it, and now! I want to know why this hasn't existed in the last 13 years of the modern line so I could have spent longer with it. I want to take it back in time and build my collection specifically around it!!!

How do I keep the dust off it and display something that size?Dust will only give it more authenticity, I plan on not dusting its exterior at all.

*ahem* They're interdimensional beings.That doesn't preclude them being aliens, in fact it suggests they ARE alien... alien to this world AND this dimension.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Dust will only give it more authenticity, I plan on not dusting its exterior at all.
Ah yes, I remember the scene when the Falcon flew through the field of giant space dust that was roughly 18 times the size of regular dust. ;)

JediTricks
06-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, because the scale of dust is so readily noticeable in our daily lives. :p

Tycho
06-17-2008, 03:30 AM
I would notice it because dust causes me to have an allergic reaction.

Then I'll sneeze.

Then my Falcon will be dodging great globs of MUCUS! (please see one of my random threads about playing with your nose snot for further details.)

obi-dad
06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Seeing the multiple posts of the falcon being too big to find a place for it reminds me of the other set of multiple posts (from before we ever got the side by side comparison shots, or any details other than dimensions) from the nutjobs (:D) that wanted one the size of the old 6' TRU display. Now how many would have the cash and room for a piece like that, not to mention the shelf space that would take up at the store and trouble getting it home. This beauty is plenty big for me and I'll find the space for it. Just wondering if Walmart will have it at $5 or $10 below the other stores.

Tycho
06-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Well, it IS too big, but I'm going to find a place for it anyway.

I have customized my own Blockade Runner, and will likely go for a Star Destroyer as well - each that I'll have to find a place for one day.

Jabba's Sailbarge leaves me with hope that Hasbro might still decide to produce it, what with its appearance in the Clone Wars, now.

In the event they do not, I'll have to custom build a sailbarge as well.

obi-dad
06-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Jabba's Sailbarge leaves me with hope that Hasbro might still decide to produce it, what with its appearance in the Clone Wars, now.

In the event they do not, I'll have to custom build a sailbarge as well.

If I ever heard the sailbarge was going to be in the Clone Wars, I totally forgot. I've never had any hope that Hasbro would ever make it, but if the Falcon and AT-TE are successful, I would hope they would make this. Seems like a good Q&A question.....

El Chuxter
06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
If I ever heard the sailbarge was going to be in the Clone Wars, I totally forgot.

It's in the trailer.

JEDIpartner
06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah... I know that was used in reference to the Death Star, but it really applies here!! I have no doubt in my mind that I'm getting this.

El Chuxter
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I have to admit, even I'm impressed.

Unfortunately, as impressive as this is, it hammers home the fact I have nowhere for it to go.

JEDIpartner
06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I have a place for it but it will definitely be its permanent home. There's nowhere else for it to go. I don't have an issue with that. This is pretty much going to be one of the last things I buy beyond a random figure.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm just glad I have a 3rd bedroom in my apartment that can house this. Man, it is quite impressive.

Jargo
06-19-2008, 06:52 PM
i'm going to try and buy one and then it will live in my loft with my two shuttles and assorted vehicles. waiting for the day I have a new home and a place to display all my toys. no room for it to go out now. my doctor who stuf has used up all the space that was left. only thing I'll do is take it out the box, play with it for a couple of days, remove the batteries and seal it up in the box again.

I hope to see the sail barge become a toy but won't hold my breath.
Slave-1 upsized would be cool too. finally get the opening rear hatch and interior prison cages. double cockpit. light up engine thrusters and cockpit.
And an Imperial landing craft. though apparently I'm in the weakest minority in wanting one of them.

took that comparison pic cut the old falcon out and layed it on top of the new falcon. no resizing just a straight select, cut and paste. then crop the pic down to get rid of the empty space. this is how much bigger the new falcon is

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Slave-1 upsized would be cool too. finally get the opening rear hatch and interior prison cages. double cockpit. light up engine thrusters and cockpit.

That is an awesome idea. The Slave I is by far my favorite ship. I would definately buy an upgrade on one like you have suggested.

Devo
06-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Dust will only give it more authenticity, I plan on not dusting its exterior at all.

I've done that with my '95 Falcon. Its probably got about 5 years worth of dust on it now. Think I'll go look at pictures of how it used to look.

Tycho
06-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Why haven't we gotten Jargo a job at Hasbro yet! Good post! (above)

SplFrcsCWO
06-20-2008, 01:27 AM
That really puts it in perspective. Hasbro actually let people who love Star Wars work on it. I can't wait to get one!

mark2d2
06-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow. Look at the size of than thing! Insane!!! I can't wait. . .

jedimastergeorge06
06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I was looking around on ebay just now and i was looking to see if people were selling the legacy collection figures yet and i came across the new massive falcon already on ebay and the person is selling it "in hand" and its from Ashtabula ohio...for 399.00 bucks! ! ! WOW! Thats crazy! He has two in hand. I wonder how he got one. Maybe he drove across the border to canada and bought one and now hes scalping it.

What is every ones thoughts on this?

heres the link....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-Collection-Millennium-Falcon-In-Hand_W0QQitemZ280238724833QQihZ018QQcategoryZ751QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tycho
06-21-2008, 11:55 PM
My thoughts are I'd never buy new product on eBay. If it's going to be released, I'll get it at the price it will release at retail at.

silent_bob
06-22-2008, 06:48 AM
In Toypalace.de you can buy for 199 € =311$ +shipping

Sean the Hutt
06-22-2008, 07:27 AM
I hope these sell well...I want a new larger Y wing...that would be sweet

JEDIpartner
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I was looking around on ebay just now and i was looking to see if people were selling the legacy collection figures yet and i came across the new massive falcon already on ebay and the person is selling it "in hand" and its from Ashtabula ohio...for 399.00 bucks! ! ! WOW! Thats crazy! He has two in hand. I wonder how he got one. Maybe he drove across the border to canada and bought one and now hes scalping it.

What is every ones thoughts on this?

Based on the fact that Hasbro said these would not be in short supply and that they would be shipping this well through the holidays, this guy is an absolute moron. Anyone who'd jump on this is also an idiot.

He lives in Ashtabula, Ohio-- right? Jedi Drew and I should find out who this is, drive out there (it's an hour away from us) and beat the crap out of him. LOL

jedimastergeorge06
06-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I agree with jedipartner....this guy is an idiot...why spend 400 bucks on something that is coming out in five weeks at mass retail stores for 150 bucks and if anyone buys this you are plain out stupid. Just some people dont make sense to me!! And i also found on there people selling the legacy figures....some for 9.99 plus 7.00 shipping ....thats a little crazy also!!! Ill just save my money up like im doing and just wait til 7/26 to get what i want and save money at the same time...cause your saving money when you compare to ebay idiots and retail !

silent_bob
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I hope these sell well...I want a new larger Y wing...that would be sweet

Ever since I've ordered and the service was super. but it is in Germany!

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
why spend 400 bucks on something that is coming out in five weeks at mass retail stores for 150 bucks and if anyone buys this you are plain out stupid.

99% of ebay's business is built on the stupidity of others. It is a great site, and I have used it many times, but people buy things (many ridiculous things) and they buy them for alot. As long as that keeps happening, ebay will thrive.

DarthBrandon
06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Based on the fact that Hasbro said these would not be in short supply and that they would be shipping this well through the holidays, this guy is an absolute moron. Anyone who'd jump on this is also an idiot.

He lives in Ashtabula, Ohio-- right? Jedi Drew and I should find out who this is, drive out there (it's an hour away from us) and beat the crap out of him. LOL

Yes & I while your at it, make it a good beating; so he remembers not to do it again.:D:thumbsup:

jedimastergeorge06
06-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Does any one know how big the falcon is? I know that is 2 in a half feet long but how wide is it?
Im trying to find a place to put it and i think i know where but i need measurements for it. Any help would be great.

Tycho
06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, I'm growing roses, magnolias, and sunflowers and I think I can pot each garden across the front holds and use the smaller corridoor to try raising seedlings of something else.

I mean it's a cool ship and I have to get it, right? But saving space is important too - thus I'm going to multi-task its use.

I don't think any kind of vegetable plant would do well though. The ship is not large enough to contain tomatoes.

TheDarthVader
06-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Tycho, what else have you been growing?? maybe something that you....could....maybe... SMOKE?????

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Tycho, what else have you been growing?? maybe something that you....could....maybe... SMOKE?????

He grows mouse droids so he will have fresh ones to sniff.

About the BMF, I am so psyched about getting this. I haven't ever been this excited about a vehicle/ship being released, but this looks to be one bada$$ toy. I don't care how much room it takes up, I am buying it and I am displaying it somewhere. It is just too cool to pass up, and since I have not bought any previous Falcons, I cannot think of a better time to get one.

Tycho
06-23-2008, 12:53 AM
and since I have not bought any previous Falcons, I cannot think of a better time to get one.

See: that is a GOOD reason. The rest of us have ALL been sniffing too much of the plastic Hasbro has sold us over the years, and have been way too easily maneuvered into buying this - myself included.

TheRealDubya
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I have $175.00 (allowing for WA sales tax, roughly 10%) sitting in an envelope at my house. July 26th can't come soon enough. I think I'll have to store this beast underneath my bed. I can't wait to take a picture of this thing next to my baby girl. Maybe she can sleep in it.

obi-dad
06-24-2008, 01:14 PM
I have $175.00 (allowing for WA sales tax, roughly 10%) sitting in an envelope at my house. July 26th can't come soon enough. I think I'll have to store this beast underneath my bed. I can't wait to take a picture of this thing next to my baby girl. Maybe she can sleep in it.

How about a giant Falcon-Tie Fighter-Xwing-Ywing-Vader's Tie mobile for her to look up at... instead of wind up music, have engine sounds and laser fire.

Tycho
06-24-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure about how it is in Washington, but in California it's child abuse if you stick your baby in an envelope with $175 and store her under your bed. I wouldn't take the picture either - Child Protective Services might use it as evidence against you.

TheRealDubya
06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
How about a giant Falcon-Tie Fighter-Xwing-Ywing-Vader's Tie mobile for her to look up at... instead of wind up music, have engine sounds and laser fire.

Ha, love it. I could probably make that out of Titaniums and a singing birthday card from Hallmark. That ought to calm her right down.

I'm not sure about how it is in Washington, but in California it's child abuse if you stick your baby in an envelope with $175 and store her under your bed. I wouldn't take the picture either - Child Protective Services might use it as evidence against you.

What's even more frowned upon up here is storing the $175.00 inside the infant.

You Rebel Pilots are crazy.:squareeye

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
See: that is a GOOD reason. The rest of us have ALL been sniffing too much of the plastic Hasbro has sold us over the years, and have been way too easily maneuvered into buying this - myself included.

Well its not like I planned it this way.....I just had not bought a falcon. I have a couple of the small ones, like the old micro machines and titanium ones, but nothing that actual figures could be used in.

A month to go......can't wait to get it.

bkh0501
06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm selling my old falcon, and have been saving up for this. I'm pretty sure we'll see this at wal-mart before the street date...they always botch street dates up.

JetsAndHeels
06-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Some have already started showing up on ebay. All from Canada too it seems.

27 days and counting!! I have never been this psyched about a vehicle/ship release. I have been looking online at pics of it and seem to find something new each time I look.

Dark Marble
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM

I think it is an interesting that the new Falcon has created a gauntlet of up and down emotions. As I have read the forums I have seen excitement turn to bitterness and joy turn to anger.

I have a few Falcons. I am keeping my original, giving the POTF2 version to a little boy we know, and giving the Saga version to my kids. I have sold some things to raise the money and make room for the new Falcon and have changed my collecting habits to make my collection more fun.

Hasbro is always improving and creating new things in their Star Wars license. It was only a matter of time before the Falcon saw the new. I don't feel maneuvered into buying this, but glad I have the opportunity to get something that meant so much to me when I was a kid. I get to recapture a little piece of my childhood and share it with my kids.

So Tycho, I can see where your coming from to some extent, but I believe there are many good reasons for people to get this new ship if they want it. And I don't believe this is an issue of "vote with your dollars" or a have to buy it situation. If there is not joy in buying this new Falcon then it shouldn't be done. This is supposed to be something fun, not an obligation and looking at my collection this way has made me happier as a collector. This Falcon is not a must buy thing.

jedi master sal
06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
This Falcon is not a must buy thing.

Yes it is! :P heh heh, j/k

Jedi_Kal-El
06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
This Falcon is not a must buy thing.

Ok, Ummm. J/K.

Yes it is! :P heh heh, j/k

I agree with Sal here. Even though he's joking of course. In the last 2 months I have put my collecting into perspective.

On one side there was all of this SW stuff I wanted to collect.
On the other, there are several other lines I want to collect or get into, and SW is just getting way too expensive.

So, I sold off a good chunk of my SW stuff(mostly to make room) so I can focus on some of my other loves.

The one thing I do plan on getting this summer is the BMF. Now I'm not saying everyone has to pick it up, but this is the one thing I'm going for out of all the new stuff.

Tycho
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't want to collect other lines / other things.

That's probably really convenient.

As it stands, I like to keep all my Star Wars I've already accumulated and display it eventually.

So there isn't confusion: I DO plan on buying the Millennium Falcon and highly anticipate enjoying it. It was just never a long-term plan such as how I knew I wanted 2 AT-TEs since back in 2002.

Blue2th
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Hasbro is giving us somewhat of a break with a lot of figures some of us are not going to buy. I have already seen posted on the web quite a few re-packs in the Legacy line I won't be buying, Not to mention the animated figures I won't be buying either.
If I miss a few figures I want here and there, I can always get them later, whether it be loose or on crushed cards.
I think this time around though the BMF is at the top of the list I have as a must have number one priority. Everything else can wait if it comes down to it.

JetsAndHeels
06-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I think this time around though the BMF is at the top of the list I have as a must have number one priority. Everything else can wait if it comes down to it.

Quoted for truth. I totally agree.

July 26th, get here as soon as you can!!

obi-dad
06-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Tycho, Sal & Blue2th hit my sentiments on the nail. I don't collect another other lines (other than pick up occasional Pixar's Cars and Galactic Heroes for my son), so my focus is already on SW. I've also pretty much weened myself off PT stuff, well, maybe that's not entirely true. I haven't bought a clone in forever, but I will buy the Lars clan if they ever come out and I've bought several PT figures this year, but I am a LOT pickier than I am with OT figures. I can say without a doubt, the BMF is my #1 SW priority this year, but I'm also excited as (heck) about some of the ROTJ figures (minus the cut scene ones... and I've actually even seen the footage in B&W.

But back to the must buy comment... yes the BMF is a must buy for me, but definitely in a good way for both this vehicle and the possibility for future larger scale vehicles. But, even if Hasbro said that there was no way in hill they would ever do another large scale vehicle, I would buy this one.

jedi master sal
07-01-2008, 07:37 AM
...even if Hasbro said that there was no way in hill they would ever do another large scale vehicle, I would buy this one.

Agree completely. This thing's got it where it counts.

It's many times better than any other TOY falcon produced before it.

Blue2th
07-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I just spent $160 on an super-rare 1:18 Ultimate Soldier Spitfire. It's just an airplane with a few moving parts.

For $150 the Falcon has much more value, electronics galore. I think I'll be happy with my purchase. I'm almost giddy over this thing.

obi-dad
07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
As much as I wouldn't want to be a part of the group that counldn't find the BMF, I would love this to be impossible to find. Now that would be a great message to send Hasbro that large vehicles done with accuracy (one of the LARGEST problems with their playsets) then people will by them. I really refuse to believe that if Hasbro created playsets with the attention to detail the various rooms in the falcon seem to exhibit, then they would sell to collectors and kids alike.

jedi master sal
07-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I just spent $160 on an super-rare 1:18 Ultimate Soldier Spitfire. It's just an airplane with a few moving parts.

For $150 the Falcon has much more value, electronics galore. I think I'll be happy with my purchase. I'm almost giddy over this thing.

I'm giddy over it. I've made room on my side couch table for it. It's going to be in a prominent area in my place until I can make a diorama for it to reside in. The side table is smack dab in the center of my living room, so there's no missing it.

I think I'm going to have to make a plexiglass cover for it though. (No dust shall touch my baby-Falcon that is...)

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Let's not get out of reality here, these are going to be around until Christmas, guaranteed. Something this expensive is just not going to move all that fast, even $20 vehicles don't move all that fast. They'll be hard to find for a week with the initial rush, then they'll sit and slowly move until late December when they'll either explode or fail.

jedi master sal
07-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Let's not get out of reality here, these are going to be around until Christmas, guaranteed. Something this expensive is just not going to move all that fast, even $20 vehicles don't move all that fast. They'll be hard to find for a week with the initial rush, then they'll sit and slowly move until late December when they'll either explode or fail.

Well, that initial rush on them though may spark more parent (and kid) interest in getting this, than might normally occur, which "could" cause a run on the BMF.

None of us can predict how this is going to go, but I do have high hopes that it will sell well, often and move quickly.

Same for the AT-TE, especially once the movie hits.

Blue2th
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Adam over at Galactic Hunter has a nifty fact sheet press release from Hasbro for the Falcon. http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=7316&zoneid=2

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, that initial rush on them though may spark more parent (and kid) interest in getting this, than might normally occur, which "could" cause a run on the BMF. So, you're saying that buying trends of the last 30 years are out the window because a few geeks go mad for the Falcon? I'm not seeing it.

None of us can predict how this is going to go, but I do have high hopes that it will sell well, often and move quickly.Funny, Hasbro has, and they're a multi-billion-dollar company with tons of marketing people to determine within a certain range how it'll perform.

JetsAndHeels
07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm giddy over it. I've made room on my side couch table for it. It's going to be in a prominent area in my place until I can make a diorama for it to reside in. The side table is smack dab in the center of my living room, so there's no missing it.

Let me be the 3rd person to say I am giddy for it as well.

I made some room too, emptied off pretty much an entire table so I can display it. Woo hoo!!

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
So, you're saying that buying trends of the last 30 years are out the window because a few geeks go mad for the Falcon? I'm not seeing it.

Funny, Hasbro has, and they're a multi-billion-dollar company with tons of marketing people to determine within a certain range how it'll perform.

I think you're underestimating the appeal of the Falcon, especially this new one with all of it's greeblies. Price aside, it is THE SW toy to have.

When I said "us" I meant we collectors, don't take my words out of context. Even though Hasbro does have marketing people, can we not forget Force battlers or those gawd awful Choppers? It's not like Hasbro hasn't had a miss here or there. Though, I do think it's a safe bet on the Falcon. Only thing to hold it back is the price and size of it, IMO.

obi-dad
07-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Even though Hasbro does have marketing people, can we not forget Force battlers or those gawd awful Choppers? It's not like Hasbro hasn't had a miss here or there. Though, I do think it's a safe bet on the Falcon. Only thing to hold it back is the price and size of it, IMO.

Not to mention pegwarmers (including battle packs, vehicles, etc) or figures that sell as soon (or before) they hit the pegs. Yes, Hasbro has number crunchers and can predict/guess what they think will sell. Price & size will definitely be a deciding factor and I'm sure there are plenty of misguided collectors & kids that are somehow happy with the old ones. I'm not neccessarily predicting this will be impossible to find, but I have to believe as much as we've seen about shelf space from different companies, that you won't run into Target and see 20 of these on an endcap. So, with probably limited numbers being sent to each store and a lot of collectors who have been waiting 30 years for this type of vehicle, this will be harder to find. Which I hope entices parents who are planning on buying on for their kids for any reason (there should be plenty of birthdays between July 26 & Christmas and although I wasn't as lucky, I'm also sure there are a lot of spoiled kids out there that their parents will buy the BMF just because their kid wants one)... so really no one knows how this will play out. But other than the possibility of TRU, I doubt any store will have that many of them. So, if the local Target has 2-4 and they are bought up, other collectors have to hit the WalMart (or vice versa), leaving many stores without the vehicle. Anyway, that's what I hope for.

JEDIpartner
07-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm completely goofy over this stupid toy. I really hope I can score one the day it is supposed to be released. After seeing this report over at the "other" :Pirate: site, I'm even wackier for it than before. Someone help me!!!!!! :eek:

Hasbro Press Release: Millennium Falcon

HASBRO LAUNCHES A NEW MILLENNIUM FALCON™ FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 30 YEARS
Iconic STAR WARS™ Starship Toy Undergoes Major Overhaul

Press Release:

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, July 1, 2008 -- Updating the fan-favorite Millennium Falcon for the first time since its introduction in 1979, Hasbro is launching the largest Millennium Falcon toy to ever travel the galaxy. The new STAR WARS LEGACY COLLECTION Millennium Falcon includes electronic lights and sounds, and is approximately 30% percent larger than the original version of the toy.

Over the last 30 years, ever since it was introduced on the screen in 1977 and to toy enthusiasts two years later, Han Solo’s signature starship, the Millennium Falcon, has become one of the most recognizable “characters” in movie history and one of Hasbro’s most popular Star Wars toys. Last year, the toy’s steel production mold – which was used to create hundreds of thousands of Millennium Falcon toys – suffered a crack that rendered the tool damaged beyond repair.

When creating a new mold, Hasbro used the opportunity to improve its toy’s play value by increasing the ship’s size (which now accommodates 18 action figures, sold separately) and adding authentic lights and sounds, making this the most exciting Corellian freighter in the galaxy.

“We’ve always wanted to make a bigger Millennium Falcon. When we literally 'broke the mold' we seized the opportunity to fulfill ours wishes as well as the fans. Legions of young Star Wars fans have grown up playing with the original Millennium Falcon toy,” said Derryl D. DePriest, director of marketing for Star Wars at Hasbro. “In designing the new Millennium Falcon for a new generation of fans, Hasbro’s design team succeeded in adding new features that will both excite kids and thrill our devoted collectors.”

The new STAR WARS LEGACY COLLECTION Millennium Falcon will soar onto retail shelves on July 26 with an appropriate retail price of $149.99. Fans attending San Diego Comic-Con (7/23-7/28) will have a chance to see it first hand a few days before the toy arrives in stores.

Blue2th
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank god for cracks in the steel production molds. Wish that would happen more often.

obi-dad
07-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Last year, the toy’s steel production mold – which was used to create hundreds of thousands of Millennium Falcon toys – suffered a crack that rendered the tool damaged beyond repair.

Is that a hint from Hasbro to have us sabatoge the "steel production molds" for all vehicles we want upgraded and/or enlarged? Show me where to break in and I'll take out the AT-AT, AT-ST, and snowspeeder without a second thought. And, did they ever explain why when almost EVERY single vehicle is undersized, they produced the snowspeeders too big?

bigbarada
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
And, did they ever explain why when almost EVERY single vehicle is undersized, they produced the snowspeeders too big?

I think it's because the onscreen Snowspeeders are actually too small to fit two people. If you look at the studio models there's really no room for Luke's feet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Updating the fan-favorite Millennium Falcon for the first time since its introduction in 1979
Er, if you don't count 1995 or 2004, then sure . . . :D

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Er, if you don't count 1995 or 2004, then sure . . . :D

That I recall, '95's version was the same. Though I could be wrong.

While the later version was an improvement with a slightly bigger cockpit and light up engines, it still fell seriously short of desires by long time and even newer fans.

This is the first dramatically new upgrade since the vintage mold.

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Is that a hint from Hasbro to have us sabatoge the "steel production molds" for all vehicles we want upgraded and/or enlarged? Show me where to break in and I'll take out the AT-AT, AT-ST, and snowspeeder without a second thought. And, did they ever explain why when almost EVERY single vehicle is undersized, they produced the snowspeeders too big?

Hmm, SSG Shadow strike team ASSEMBLE!

heh heh

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
That I recall, '95's version was the same. Though I could be wrong.

While the later version was an improvement with a slightly bigger cockpit and light up engines, it still fell seriously short of desires by long time and even newer fans.

This is the first dramatically new upgrade since the vintage mold.
The 1995 version had a few differences. I don't have the vintage one so I can't really compare too well, but I know that the old one had the training remote while the POTF2 one didn't, and the paint and stickers are different as well. Not too huge of a difference but they're not exactly the same.

bigbarada
07-03-2008, 12:53 PM
The 1995 version had a few differences. I don't have the vintage one so I can't really compare too well, but I know that the old one had the training remote while the POTF2 one didn't, and the paint and stickers are different as well. Not too huge of a difference but they're not exactly the same.

There were also more electronics added to the 1995 version. The 2004 version added a new hatch for the cockpit, a retooled cockpit interior that could fit the VOTC Chewie, a missile launcher added to the front and the light up engines in the back.

Dark Marble
07-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I just confirmed the sale of several of my vehicles today so I now have the money for the big falcon. If I hadn't been able to sell some stuff for the money and the room I wouldn't have been able to pick this up. I have a feeling this is going to be hard to find on the 26th.

JEDIpartner
07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't say that!!!!!! :eek:

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank god for cracks in the steel production molds. Wish that would happen more often.

Somebody go to Hasbro and crack the mold on the Slave I. Ever since Jargo mentioned his idea for a new one with lights and sounds I have been giddy for that as well.

As for the BMF, only 23 more days folks.......I've got my cash stashed and ready for the purchase. I hate to wish the rest of my summer away, but damn this thing is going to be sweet!!

obi-dad
07-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Somebody go to Hasbro and crack the mold on the Slave I. Ever since Jargo mentioned his idea for a new one with lights and sounds I have been giddy for that as well.

As for the BMF, only 23 more days folks.......I've got my cash stashed and ready for the purchase. I hate to wish the rest of my summer away, but damn this thing is going to be sweet!!

I'm actually working tomorrow, so my holiday pay will more than take care of all of my July 26th purchases. Now, if I could just figure out how to go into some sort of suspended animation until then! Even if SDCC was 2 weeks earlier, I could look forward to the news & pictures to break up the anticipation and then start the countdown till MM, but nooooooooooooo...[to be read with a John Belushi voice] we have to wait for both until then.

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Don't say that!!!!!! :eek:

Yeah, no joke man!

I plan on being at my TRU that night before they close. But then again, I'm also going to be a costumed person (hopefully in conjunction with the store and some troopers from the 501st).

I'm hoping by being first in line that I can get all I want.

I'm not asking for much, just $500-850 worth of product, depending on what's available that first day... The BMF and AT-TE besides the TRU exclusives will be the priority, then other vehicles, then figures.

I figure it this way, the big vehicles will NOT be aplenty, so get them first (with the exclusives). Then the smaller vehicles as it seems NEW vehicles sell very well and with this push I imagine there will be inflated sales. The figures as these are the cheapest and easiest to find, not to mention stock by each store.

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm going to sleep at TRU. In my usual spot.

Jargo
07-03-2008, 08:49 PM
remember that guy that did a PC mod using a falcon? i know someone else made one using a GH falcon. but imagine what you could do with this BMF one. gut the insides and shove all kinds of electrickery in there.

AmanaMatt
07-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Can't wait to get this one. I have a spot picked out in my Collector room, so I am ready for it....

JediTricks
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I think you're underestimating the appeal of the Falcon, especially this new one with all of it's greeblies. Price aside, it is THE SW toy to have.And I think you're underestimating how much money $150 is to the average parent and casual collector.

When I said "us" I meant we collectors, don't take my words out of context. Even though Hasbro does have marketing people, can we not forget Force battlers or those gawd awful Choppers? It's not like Hasbro hasn't had a miss here or there. Though, I do think it's a safe bet on the Falcon. Only thing to hold it back is the price and size of it, IMO.I didn't take your words out of context, if that was your meaning you did not properly frame your context. Force Battlers and Choppers came during a movie year, they were trying new things and had more room to take risks to broaden the audience, and they were both under $15.

Is that a hint from Hasbro to have us sabatoge the "steel production molds" for all vehicles we want upgraded and/or enlarged? Show me where to break in and I'll take out the AT-AT, AT-ST, and snowspeeder without a second thought. And, did they ever explain why when almost EVERY single vehicle is undersized, they produced the snowspeeders too big?Unlikely you could do any significant damage on your own, you'd have to get the forklift, move it to one of the big BIG machines, and then run the mold dead wrong (wrong materials, no cooling, too much pressure), and even that probably wouldn't crack the mold itself, just damage the cavities (which can be repaired). Maybe extensive dropping, but that'd more likely damage the cement floor than the mold. For the mold to have cracked like they're saying, either there was a flaw in the original materials used to make the mold, or running such a large mold for 30 years just took its toll on the metal finally (probably from ages of sloppy factory processes, possibly even from switching from factory to factory over and over).

Somebody go to Hasbro and crack the mold on the Slave I. Ever since Jargo mentioned his idea for a new one with lights and sounds I have been giddy for that as well.They haven't used the Kenner Slave I mold since '96, so you'd have to break the newer AOTC mold, and I suspect that one's going to be too fresh and thick-walled to be taken out by anything short of dropping it into a volcano.

remember that guy that did a PC mod using a falcon? i know someone else made one using a GH falcon. but imagine what you could do with this BMF one. gut the insides and shove all kinds of electrickery in there.
What could you do? It's way too big for a computer these days, you could stuff it full of extra storage and maybe a flip-up flatscreen monitor I suppose, but it'd still be too big to be a PC mod. :p

Jargo
07-04-2008, 06:14 PM
not everyone is going tiny tiny though. i can think of other uses for one but censorship precludes me from saying.

Dark Marble
07-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm not asking for much, just $500-850 worth of product

Good Lord!!! That is a lot of scratch... I am going to try and keep things simple. I am going out the morning of the 26th to get the BMF and that is it. I am not touching the Clone Wars animated stuff at all and will pass on the other vehicles and figures until later. If I can spare the money I might get the Torrent but that is reaching. The Falcon is where it is at for me.

Mvader91
07-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I agree, that is my direction as well. there comes a time when you have to say whoa!

Tycho
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
With my health, my finances, and ALMOST everything else, I will make sure I can get these products on the 26th. My serious problem will be having THE ROOM FOR IT. Plus I expect to have company staying with me for Comic Con, so it will just have to be "played by ear" in so far as where the heck I'm going to put this stuff.

The Torrent and Spider Walker can probabaly be opened and then put away in a closet after their "loose review" during the meanwhile that I have company. The AT-TE? It might stay boxed (at least 1 will - I'm buying 2) but that would be no fun. People will probably want to play with it.

The figures / Galactic Heroes and what-not will likely stay carded and shoved into a closet until after Comic Con.

I'll also be getting 12" Aayla Secura. She's got a place, so she'll likely get opened!

Now THE FALCON. That thing just HAS TO BE OPENED! Like I said - I'm not sure what I'll do or where I'll put it. My balcony even comes to mind. If I'm pre-occupied enough with everything else, I might be able to resist opening it all until after the Con (or even keeping some stuff in my Cherokee) but we'll have to wait and see. Oooh. I could take it straight to my storage, too. Hmmm. No plan. Don't know. Too excited to care!

jedi master sal
07-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Good Lord!!! That is a lot of scratch... I am going to try and keep things simple. I am going out the morning of the 26th to get the BMF and that is it. I am not touching the Clone Wars animated stuff at all and will pass on the other vehicles and figures until later. If I can spare the money I might get the Torrent but that is reaching. The Falcon is where it is at for me.

I hear ya. I just figure I'm going to get this stuff anyway. I've been planning for this for several months now. So if I can score just about everything on my list that I want, then I'll spend much less time on toy hunts (and less GAS to boot). That's the stickler.

As Mvader91 said, there comes a time when you have to say whoa. I'm saying that to gas prices and multiple toy runs.

Dark Marble
07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I hear you Sal, I am at a point where I am going to be a lot more picky with my purchases. Mostly stuff from the basic figure line with a couple of comic and/or evolution packs mixed in. Maybe some $20 vehicles. Everything else is out! I work at Target so I am more likely to run into the figures I want. But the clone wars I have to avoid. Looks cool, hope it generates a lot of buzz, but I am leaving it alone.

Wow, I can remember when ROTS came out and I dropped so much cash that weekend on toys. Them days is long gone for me!! All in all it is going to be a great day to be a Star Wars fan. $800 :eek:

JetsAndHeels
07-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I'll be spending around $300 on the 26th...the money for the BMF and then some more for figures and stuff.

I already have the money saved for the Falcon, that is the one thing I will get. After that the rest is just an added bonus as far as I am concerned.

Blue2th
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
There are quite a lot of "Buy it now" auctions for the BMF for $300. Somebody is scalping these left and right. I just don't get it.

I still haven't made a space for mine yet. I'll just have to buy one and it will sit in it's box for a while till I can figure it out.

Half the satisfaction will be from just having my greedy little fingers holding the box. :bandit:

Devo
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
There were also more electronics added to the 1995 version. The 2004 version added a new hatch for the cockpit, a retooled cockpit interior that could fit the VOTC Chewie, a missile launcher added to the front and the light up engines in the back.

But those engines alone were worth getting another falcon back then.

Funny thing is, though that OTC falcon is currently the more prized of my 2 falcons due to its light up engine, its going to become my least important falcon once I get the BMF. Why? Because the BMF has the light up engines and a lot more besides - its only downside being a rather too clean and white paintscheme. The white paintscheme is also a problem for the OTC falcon - at the time its only downside - given that we were never expecting the BMF. On the other hand my POTF2 Falcon by now is sufficiently dust-ridden and discoloured that its hull most closely resembles the film model. So my OTC falcon will be almost moot. However I will retain it for diorama purposes.

Luke81
07-12-2008, 02:23 AM
I noticed today at my local Walmart (CA) that they had about 10 of these for $149 + tax. If any is interested in one let me know. By the way, I'm new on this site, but have other accounts at other places in case you want to verify that I am reliable.

Tycho
07-12-2008, 09:44 AM
They shouldn't be out on the floor and probably won't ring up at the cash-register, as it's not yet "unlocked" in their system. Sure some managers might override.

They don't care too much about "street dates" for toys.

I've debated driving around to see which stores with illiterate employees are making mistakes, but the key word there is DRIVING. That would make me illiterate when I'm reading the price at the gas pump. I can wait exactly 2 more weeks. Then maybe I still won't be able to get all I want in 1 trip - but hopefully.

It's going to cost a lot.

JetsAndHeels
07-12-2008, 09:46 AM
I did some checking around yesterday here....had an associate run the # at Target but they had none. Went to WM and they had the new Galactic Heroes out but nothing else. I am going to try a couple more places later today.

Someone on another board from NC said they found the AT-TE and the BMF at a WM and were actually able to purchase both, so that gave me some hope.

Tycho
07-12-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm going to phone a friend at one of my stores and check. But 2 weeks...just be patient, Tycho. Then again, look who I'm trying to talk to!

I found the new Galactic Heroes figures (no ships yet) at TRU. I was tempted to get SaeSee and Agen, but I don't think I'm going to get those. Yeah - probably will.

Aayla was cute but Bly was bleeh.

I was only intending to pick up Tarful and Gree, but they were already sold out of them - AND they might be replicated in the AT-RT Battle Pack, in which case it's probably just better for me to wait for that.

JetsAndHeels
07-12-2008, 09:51 AM
I took one of the Galactic Heroes 2-packs to a scanner and it rang up as "please see sales associate."

Someone is going to try to buy these and be dissappointed.

El Chuxter
07-12-2008, 10:07 AM
The big problem is everyone who wants toys isn't a collector who reads street dates. Wait until some 5-year-old kid wants something, and takes it to the register with his mommy, and it doesn't ring up.

JetsAndHeels
07-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Wait until some 5-year-old kid wants something, and takes it to the register with his mommy, and it doesn't ring up.

Thanks Chux...that is an idea I will remember for the future. :)

Banthaholic
07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
So I guess the odds of gettting a Space Slug scaled to the BMF is out of the queston? :)

jedimastergeorge06
07-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know if the falcon and the at-te come with batteries or do you have to buy the batteries seperate?

Blue2th
07-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I bought batteries once, but they weren't included. :squareeye

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2008, 11:13 PM
This ship just keeps getting more and more amazing . . . look at some inside shots and size comparison pics here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3276089&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=8&vc=1).

Tycho
07-14-2008, 01:18 AM
13 more days.... looking at this ship, I can't stand having to wait any longer to get my hands on it!

I'm not sure I recall Hasbro making a finer toy than this Falcon.

The big ships are the only competitors:

Old Falcon - no
AT-AT - great but NO
Shuttle - no
Royal Starship - no, but perhaps closer in some respects, than the others
Republic Gunship - no
ARC-170 - nope

And nothing else gets in there to compare. The vintage Death Star Playset actually does best by other comparisons.

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
13 more days.... looking at this ship, I can't stand having to wait any longer to get my hands on it!

I'm not sure I recall Hasbro making a finer toy than this Falcon.

The big ships are the only competitors:

Old Falcon - no
AT-AT - great but NO
Shuttle - no
Royal Starship - no, but perhaps closer in some respects, than the others
Republic Gunship - no
ARC-170 - nope

And nothing else gets in there to compare. The vintage Death Star Playset actually does best by other comparisons.

I disagree about the Death Star Playset. I think the AT-TE and Royal Starship are much closer to the Falcon with regards to quality and size comparison.

But even then I think most of us can agree that ANY other SW ship is no better than a distant 2nd to this piece of art.

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Well I am just getting back from WM.....and wouldn't you know they had both the BMF and the AT-TE. I grabbed a BMF, and sure enough it rang up as "please see sales associate" on the price scanner.

The associate who was working in toys was very helpful...he even went up front and tried to see if there would be a way that I could purchase it. He came back and said he was sorry but it could not be done.

It is dissappointing to be that close...I had the thing in a shopping cart. However I could not be mad because the guy was very helpful and he assured me it would not be a problem on the 26th because they had plenty of them.

I must say though, being right there with one in my grasp has made me even more hungry to get this thing. The box is huge..the pics online do not do it justice. You have to see it in person.

Tycho
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Actually, it must have HURT something awful to be that close to getting it out the door - even knowing that some did. Those pics from Rebelscum, etc...

That's why I'm just not going to go looking for it before the 26th. I don't want the heartbreak / disappointment when they won't let me buy it.

But I want that ship! (and I want my AT-TEs! ....my V-19's....my Homing Spiders!....my Padmes.....my Galactic Heroes....hehehehe).

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Actually, it must have HURT something awful to be that close to getting it out the door - even knowing that some did. Those pics from Rebelscum, etc...

That's why I'm just not going to go looking for it before the 26th. I don't want the heartbreak / disappointment when they won't let me buy it.

But I want that ship! (and I want my AT-TEs! ....my V-19's....my Homing Spiders!....my Padmes.....my Galactic Heroes....hehehehe).

Yeah, it did hurt...but not too badly. In some weird way it almost provided me some relief. I now know it won't be long until I own one, and they are going to be waiting in the stockrooms, waiting for us to take them home.

Tycho
07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I've been thinking about how I'm going to set mine up.

Sandstorm Chewbacca & Anakin Solo by the landing ramp.

Jacen Solo in the pilot seat with Han Solo (older - but maybe Sandstorm Solo) in the co-pilot's chair glancing over his shoulder as if he were to make like he could see the boarding ramp where he was worried about Chewbacca. Maybe Lando (Smuggler?) in the cockpit with them, as well - as long as it seats 4 - I should have at least more than 2.

Maybe NJO Kyle Katarn or someone in the medical bay couch.

Jaina Solo lightsaber training with maybe Mara Jade supervising her. Sandstorm Luke, or an older NJO Luke figure might be there as well.

Perhaps Leia (Infinities, Jedi) manning the gunner station chair.

C-3PO and R2D2 aboard the ship somewhere.

A Noghri guarding Leia if they make one some day.

Maybe Corran Horn on board, if we're not talking about a figure in a pilot's uniform.

This was an unplanned purchase and I have Falcons covering the movie scenes.

The other alternative is to switch the figures I listed above, to a smaller Falcon, and put my ANH figures in this new Falcon - probably better as it will go along with the voice dialogue included. Or maybe I'll buy some new figures (of the old group) to go with this ship specifically.

Doing the classic scenes really beckons and calls to me.

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah, it did hurt...but not too badly. In some weird way it almost provided me some relief. I now know it won't be long until I own one, and they are going to be waiting in the stockrooms, waiting for us to take them home.

Yeah, that's how I'm taking this too.

I keep checking the Midnight Madness Countdown clock, daily if not a couple times a day, even though I know it's still some time off. Helps me keep some perspective on this.

(Here's the link as I know some of you will be as obsessive compulsive as I am about it, heh heh)

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2274249

-Sal

mm74md
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I was able to get a Falcon from Target the other night using the DCPI number. There were no problems from the floor staff or at the register. They guy who went back to get if for me was flabbergasted that I had the DCPI. I had to explain our little online community.

I just opened it last night and it is so darn cool. So many play features and I really like how the landing gear is easy to take on and off.

I don't see how Hasbro can justify the $149 price point though. I feel so sorry for the kids and parents who can't afford one. And with Kmart being the only store that I know of that has layaway anymore it sucks even more since they will probably get a few cases.

Anyway, keep drooling over the pics people have posted. It will be yours soon!

bigbarada
07-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, that's how I'm taking this too.

I keep checking the Midnight Madness Countdown clock, daily if not a couple times a day, even though I know it's still some time off. Helps me keep some perspective on this.

(Here's the link as I know some of you will be as obsessive compulsive as I am about it, heh heh)

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2274249

-Sal

Thanks for that link. There are two TRUs near me, one in St. Louis, MO (a one-hour drive to the southwest) and one in Springfield, IL (a one-hour drive to the northeast). I was thinking about going to the one in St. Louis because I've been to that TRU several times before and know exactly where it is; but that store is not participating in the Midnight Madness. So that's saved me a one-hour drive in the wrong direction. Not to mention saved me from driving around in East St. Louis in the middle of the night.

I've never been to the TRU in Springfield, so I'm wondering if it's even going to be worth it to make the trip.

obi-dad
07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for that link. There are two TRUs near me, one in St. Louis, MO (a one-hour drive to the southwest) and one in Springfield, IL (a one-hour drive to the northeast). I was thinking about going to the one in St. Louis because I've been to that TRU several times before and know exactly where it is; but that store is not participating in the Midnight Madness. So that's saved me a one-hour drive in the wrong direction. Not to mention saved me from driving around in East St. Louis in the middle of the night.

I've never been to the TRU in Springfield, so I'm wondering if it's even going to be worth it to make the trip.

Are you going to the Sunset Hills (near Kirkwood) TRU? There are several of us that will be there, but probably hitting the Kirkwood Walmart first, since the TRU is usually a madhouse.

p.s. you ever check out www.coreplanets.com/forums, the Missouri SW fan site?

Tycho
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
mm74md: what would YOU say the Falcon is worth? What's a fair price?

jedi master sal
07-16-2008, 10:41 AM
mm74md: what would YOU say the Falcon is worth? What's a fair price?

Yeah, that's a good question. Not only mm74md, but what about the rest of you folks who have score the BMF?

Is it worth it?
Should the price have been less or more given what's included?

mtriv73
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that's a good question. Not only mm74md, but what about the rest of you folks who have score the BMF?

Is it worth it?

He said in the MD/DC/VA just found section that he thinks it's a $99 toy. If you're willing to wait, I'm sure it will be. They'll keep this in the rotation for a while I'm sure. I'm impatient, however, and will buy it the first time I see it for $150 or less.

Tycho
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
I still say we need to support the large vehicles at full retail if we ever hope to get the sailbarge or blockade runner, for example.

obi-dad
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I would love for this to only be $99 or even $75, but even looking only at pictures, I don't even have a second thought about spending $149.99 plus tax. If this is the new level of detail Hasbro starts putting out, I'm all for supporting it. So, I guess I'm saying it's worth the price. Now if they can just work on a new electromagnet system to work with a base so that it could hover a few inches off the ground! :thumbsup:

[edit... just noticed I passed 200 posts a few posts ago and it only took me 6 years!!!]

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I took a look at this bad boy in the backroom of my WM with the toy manager and it is UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously, it's HUGE and we were both giggling with geek glee at it. It has so many features and stuff with it, it's unbelievable. In our nerdery, we forgot to get the actual price though. hehheehe

I'll be snagging this next weekend for sure. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
07-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Well I did have the box in my grubby mits the other day (WM wouldn't sell it to me). It's HUGE. pictures still don't do it justice.

Size, plus all of the features, and the great sculpt, tell me it's worth every penny.

I can't wait to get one to make a real assessment of it.

Nine days, ten hours and counting to the official release!

JetsAndHeels
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Well I did have the box in my grubby mits the other day (WM wouldn't sell it to me). It's HUGE. pictures still don't do it justice.

Size, plus all of the features, and the great sculpt, tell me it's worth every penny.

I can't wait to get one to make a real assessment of it.

Nine days, ten hours and counting to the official release!

You sound just like me!! This ship is going to be nothing less than amazing.

Tycho
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
OK, I think I settled on making this ship where I display my ANH crew and giving the current '95 Falcon to Lando and Nien Numb, or the Solo Kids should they ever make them.

I think most of the features and dialogue on the BMF is geared to ANH (with some ESB and maybe some ROTJ).

But the ship comes with Han and Chewie.

I'll need:

Blast Shield Luke
Ben-Obi-Wan
(2x) C-3PO Ewok Diety
R2D2 - maybe data scomp
Leia Hoth (which version?)
Chewbacca # 2 - maybe Dejerek Champion though
Bespin Han (POTJ or hold out for a better resculpt?)

I think the dialogue the ship has built into it, precludes it's for OT use.

bigbarada
07-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Are you going to the Sunset Hills (near Kirkwood) TRU? There are several of us that will be there, but probably hitting the Kirkwood Walmart first, since the TRU is usually a madhouse.

p.s. you ever check out www.coreplanets.com/forums, the Missouri SW fan site?

I appreciate the offer. I'll see what's going on. Chances are, however, that I'll most likely just skip the MM festivities. I'm having trouble getting excited for anything being released on the 26th (except the A-Wing and I've heard that is getting pushed off until November) and this is the best lineup of new toys that we've seen probably since the line rebooted in 1995. So if this isn't enough to get me excited about Star Wars toys again, then I'm thinking that it's time for me to call it quits.

The Falcon looks like it's going to be the best Star Wars toy ever made and is probably THE toy that I would have dreamed about owning when I was a kid; but I'm going to have to pass right now. I just can't justify the size or the cost right now.

Sorry for being such a bummer, but again I do appreciate the invite.:cool: Who knows, maybe I'll get a wild hair up my butt and head on down there anyway. What's your GI Joe section look like?

Blue2th
07-17-2008, 12:20 AM

Is it worth it?

$200 for the LEGO Falcon, just a bunch of blocks that looks something like a Falcon with LEGO people who look something like poor examples of Galactic Heroes.

Yeah the BMF is worth $150 :thumbsup:

bigbarada
07-17-2008, 01:17 AM
LEGO people who look something like poor examples of Galactic Heroes.

:D:D:D

I know that there are a bunch of really hardcore LEGO fans on here, but it's hard for me to justify the price considering what you get. When I was looking around for the AT-AP, I saw the LEGO version, which looked like a shapeless jumble of blocks with two legs sticking out, for $40; then the TAC version, which looked like a decent, scaled down replica of the film model, for $20.

I just couldn't justify spending twice the money on something that wasn't remotely as accurate.

Bosskman
07-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Legos are cool for what they are but I agree they are VERY expensive. I gotta get that death star but that just about it for this year as I'm not getting the CW legos. Good call on the AT-AP bibgb. I thought the same thing except I caved and got the lego one a few months back.

mm74md
07-17-2008, 05:41 AM

Is it worth it?

In my eyes the Falcon should be no more than $100. The detail and electronic/play features are all there, but for the size and price of this bugger the plastic could have been a little sturdier. If feels cheap. It seems that everything since the AOTC toys were out the plastics all feel flimsy from the figures to the vehicles. I'm curious to hear if the AT-TE is more sturdy.

As for the landing gear, they pop off WAY too easily. This shouldn't be a problem for it sitting on display.

Tycho
07-17-2008, 08:41 AM
That's disappointing to hear MM.

Meanwhile, you guys know LEGO is an import, right? It's not an American company. I think they are Dutch.

Yes I realize that all the plastic is probably made in China, but Hasbro, as an American company, operates under American trade laws. LEGO does not.

Blue2th
07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I guess I should reserve my judgement to say "it's worth it" till I actually have one in my hands. The thin flimsy plastic thing MM mentioned has got me just a little worried.

I remember JT mentioning how Hasbro cheaped out with the thin plastic on the Royal Starship when they re-issued them. Luckily I have the first run of that craft.

Tycho
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I can't imagine the Royal Starship made out of cheap plastic.

I sit on mine and when I put a quarter in it, the ship vibrates and I pretend like I'm Captain Panaka flying through space! Yee-haw!

Karl Gone Gin
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, a newbie from the UK here. I have just found out from Woolworths website that the BMF Falcon will be £149.99 when it is released here. Thats nearly $300 !!!!! :sad:
How much are figures and stuff in the US normally? They are £6-£7 here ($12-£14)
The Endor ATAT is currently £40 in Toys r Us ($80) & mid size vehicles like Jedi Starfighters are £20 ($40)
Are we paying over the odds here in the UK?

sebillba
07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey pal, yup, we have to pay roughly double US prices for just about anything SW related. And that's when we can actually find the stuff at retail. Welcome to rip-off Britain.:rolleyes: And welcome to the forum from a fellow ripped-off Brit.:p

Karl Gone Gin
07-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Its not going to stop me trying to get one though :D
My Mrs will probably go mental - "Where are you going to put that? and us with a new baby on the way yadda yadda yadda"
"Sorry? What was that dear? I'm too busy reliving my youth with this here new Falcon"

She won't understand what a momentous occasion it is, the first new remould in 30 years!!

And hi to everyone else on line at this time of night 11pm UK time!

Devo
07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm from rip-off Ireland. £149.99 will be 189euro according to my converter and I have no idea whether I can expect this to appear at irish retail, might have to get it shipped in which will of course mean greater expense.

JediTricks
07-17-2008, 10:17 PM
$200 for the LEGO Falcon, just a bunch of blocks that looks something like a Falcon with LEGO people who look something like poor examples of Galactic Heroes.There is no $200 Falcon from LEGO. There's the $75 Falcon, the $100 Falcon, and the $500 Falcon which is bigger than this one. The $100 Falcon is pretty rad, and I can take it apart and put it away whenever I want.

Meanwhile, you guys know LEGO is an import, right? It's not an American company. I think they are Dutch.Danish, actually.

Yes I realize that all the plastic is probably made in China, but Hasbro, as an American company, operates under American trade laws. LEGO does not.What does that mean "American trade laws"? LEGO is bound by the same US federal trade regulations as any other product imported from another country, just like Hasbro's products. They are all subject to the same safety regulations and tariffs. Or do you mean stock trade? Because LEGO is a private company, where that would not apply.

I remember JT mentioning how Hasbro cheaped out with the thin plastic on the Royal Starship when they re-issued them. Luckily I have the first run of that craft.That was all anecdotal evidence, but it did seem to fit the situation, the Royal Starships made after the price drop from $100 to $50 had QC problems which sounded like materials issues rather than manufacturing (plastic clamps that didn't hold parts as well, stuff like that).

Tycho
07-18-2008, 08:24 AM
What I meant was exactly what's being posted: that Hasbro stuff is cheapest for those in US markets to buy.

I assume this might be because Hasbro Star Wars is not taxed as an import into the United States since an American company is doing business with it.

Now I don't know if LEGOs are cheap for the Danes, but they are expensive for Americans. If someone could tell us if they are any more affordable in Denmark, that would clarify things a little.

mm74md
07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Ok, I'm still not convinced this is worth $150. But I finally got to PLAY with the darn thing last night. I'm not sure if you guys know this, but the friggin' boarding ramp opens with a touch of a button and lights. So cool. All that's missing is the smoke stuff coming out as it opens! The cannons make sounds as you rotate it and the list goes on and on and on. This thing is so bit-chin'.

I'm just not sure which I'm more excited for: to see the Dark Knight after work or to play with my Falcon all weekend! I must be honest here. I love playing with it. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Blue2th
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
There is no $200 Falcon from LEGO. There's the $75 Falcon, the $100 Falcon, and the $500 Falcon which is bigger than this one. The $100 Falcon is pretty rad, and I can take it apart and put it away whenever I want.

Not in the LEGO market, to buy one new, but that's what the price range is for one 4504 Falcon now, last time I checked.

I guess a $100 Falcon would have been a sweet deal for LEGO fans.

mtriv73
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
I must be honest here. I love playing with it.

I always suspected that about you. It really explains a lot. :laugh: One week and 10.5 hours and hopefully I'll be playing with mine as well.

Mvader91
07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
It is quite impressive. Saw this today it actually has slots on side of box for handles. It is massive and only one in a case.

AussieScott
07-19-2008, 04:53 AM
What I meant was exactly what's being posted: that Hasbro stuff is cheapest for those in US markets to buy.

I assume this might be because Hasbro Star Wars is not taxed as an import into the United States since an American company is doing business with it.

Now I don't know if LEGOs are cheap for the Danes, but they are expensive for Americans. If someone could tell us if they are any more affordable in Denmark, that would clarify things a little.

That word... LEGOs... *shudder* The LEGO company spent two decades trying to teach Americans not to call them that... it's LEGO sets, LEGO bricks etc. There is no plural form... Check any catalog printed from the early '80's onward, it's in there... It's also in the Wikipedia entry for LEGO.

And for what it's worth, LEGO is cheaper in the USA than in ANY other country, including Denmark. It has to do with different sales tax rates and cheaper shipping to/within the US... You can check it out for yourself at the LEGO website, just change your location to Denmark, or the UK, or anywhere else on the list to see local pricing.

Hasbro stuff is MUCH more expensive overseas. I'm not sure but I think it's because they use third-party distributors in overseas markets, who also have their own profit margin etc. Mattel seem to do things differently, the price differential isn't nearly as great for their products.

For comparison, the LEGO Falcon is $975 here in Aus. Haven't heard pricing for the BMF but doubt we'll get it for a while, if at all. $400 would be about right, given that the $20 vehicle range now sells for $60.

Tycho
07-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Geeze, I guess you have to be rich and have plenty of disposeable income to be a foreign (non-American) collector.

I had some friends from Sweden over when I had up my huge OT dioramas back in my old place, and they spent a good hour marveling at the toys. I didn't try to hard to convince myself it was due to my set-up. I think it was just that I owned so many. Yeah: Endor has 4 AT-STs. They were $20 a piece when I purchased them. If they were $60 each, I might have only used 2 in my display or something.

So someone who doesn't know any better, (from out of the country for example) might look at that display and think I spent $240 on AT-STs alone, while it was actually only $80.

Like I said, I don't buy LEGO SETS :D (OK?) as I don't think too highly of their asthetic, but I also don't want to spend that kind of money.

I think there is a toy collecting gene or something, and mine is either NOT operating, or only a marginal influence on me (for my dioramas). I did not buy any Indiana Jones, Cars, or own ANY super hero stuff.

I started Star Trek and stuck with it since back in the day when it substituted for Star Wars (1992) because there wasn't any SW yet.

Transformers have some limited appeal to me - mostly because the Alternators were too cool.

And Terminator stuff is where my heart is at all too often.

JediTricks
07-19-2008, 03:16 PM

Now I don't know if LEGOs are cheap for the Danes, but they are expensive for Americans. If someone could tell us if they are any more affordable in Denmark, that would clarify things a little.US is the largest market for LEGO, so it's cheaper here. LEGO pricing is on a sliding scale depending on how much a market buys and how much the market can afford. Most of their product isn't made in Denmark anymore anyway.

Hasbro is taxed for importing the product the same way LEGO's America division does.

Not in the LEGO market, to buy one new, but that's what the price range is for one 4504 Falcon now, last time I checked.

I guess a $100 Falcon would have been a sweet deal for LEGO fans.The 4504 did have a long run though, so there was plenty of time when it was $100. It's been closing between $80 and $300, a few were around $100 but you have to work for it.

Dark Marble
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Oh man, I got to check out the Falcon yesterday in the back room at work and I have to say this is a very impressive toy. I am hoping that this will not be a difficult thing to get Saturday morning, but the thing is so massive I am really doubtful any one store will be getting a lot of these at a time. The anticipation builds...

pegger
07-21-2008, 09:26 AM
I bought one Friday (at Walmart near Toronto)...my son loves playing with it - and the thing is huge. I'm told I'm NOT allowed to keep it on the dining room table anymore (although I DO think the lazy susan makes a perfect display stand for it).

The lack of volume control on the sound effects is a determent. It is loud...

Tycho
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Well flying through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops...

So does anyone remember who you get in that Millennium Falcon crew assortment?

Do you wind up with extra Han and Chewies - because they come with the Falcon as well?

Do you get a blast shield helmet with Luke?

3PO's not the Ewok Diety with bending knees, is he?

I've been trying to locate a picture here and on RS but I can't find it. I wasn't interested before because I was going to use EU figures on the ship, but I've since changed my mind due to all the cool OT sound effects and dialogue.

I'm going to do ANH in the main hold and ESB in the cockpit. The ship's too big to only use 6 or less figures on board her. (I don't have her yet, but will in less than a week now! I'm really excited!)

Jargo
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
if I get one, i'll either attempt to shove a felt pad between the hull and speaker to deaden the sounds volume or find some way of plugging the holes. i find these electronic toy's speakers are quite dry and tinny sounding. like an old transistor radio.

JEDIpartner
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
the thing is so massive I am really doubtful any one store will be getting a lot of these at a time.

I'm scared. :(

Dark Marble
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I hear you JEDIpartner, I don't think it will be a problem to eventually get one, but I wonder what the chances of getting one this weekend will be. I just want my Falcon!!

pegger
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Well - In Canada, what I've seen is each Walmart got a skid - and a skid has 12 (two "flats" of 6).

But that's 12 in metric....

jjreason
07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Gang, if it's anything like here they'll be all over the place. Some WalMart stores have had them on the floor for upwards of a week without selling out.

AussieScott
07-23-2008, 12:13 AM
I had some friends from Sweden over when I had up my huge OT dioramas back in my old place, and they spent a good hour marveling at the toys. I didn't try to hard to convince myself it was due to my set-up. I think it was just that I owned so many. Yeah: Endor has 4 AT-STs. They were $20 a piece when I purchased them. If they were $60 each, I might have only used 2 in my display or something.

I bought my son an Endor AT-AT for Christmas last year from a TRU in the US. It was $99 which, for me, considering the size, seemed pretty reasonable. If I had seen them for $20 I would have bought a palette, although bringing them back to Aus would have been an interesting exercise... these have only recently appeared here as part of the K-Mart mid-year toy sale (no relation, the Australian operations of K-Mart and Target are just franchises operated by an Australian conglomerate) but they were $49, an unheard-of price for a toy of this size in this market.

Like I said, I don't buy LEGO SETS :D (OK?) as I don't think too highly of their asthetic, but I also don't want to spend that kind of money.

Spread the word! lol

If you live anywhere near a Lego store, these places are great... wish we had them here. I'm not a collector either, but growing up the two main themes to my toy collection were Lego and Star Wars. Now you can get both in one box, and both are still around for me to introduce MY kids to. At least, that's my excuse when I buy them :)

JEDIpartner
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I hear you JEDIpartner, I don't think it will be a problem to eventually get one, but I wonder what the chances of getting one this weekend will be. I just want my Falcon!!

I know right?!! I just want it this weekend since I'm not really collecting much these days.

JetsAndHeels
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I know right?!! I just want it this weekend since I'm not really collecting much these days.

Same here....the BMF is really the only reason I am excited for the 26th.

Bosskman
07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I just got mine. It's freakin sweet. I messed up 2 of the stickers but oh well. It's huge. I haven't put batteries in it yet and probably won't for a while but I can't believe how freakin cool it is.

tagmac
07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Same here....the BMF is really the only reason I am excited for the 26th.

Ditto here. As it is, there's only two TRU's in the area that are doing the midnight madness, so I'm gonna gamble by waiting a couple hours ahead of time, and hope the crowds aren't as crazy as for the previous movies. Unfortunately, you have the chance of 2-3 times as many people at each store since there aren't all the rest of the local TRU's participating.

All I really want is the legacy figs and the Falcon, but I can see the lines outside of WM, Target, and the rest of the TRU's Saturday morning if everything goes quickly at MM.

Tycho
07-25-2008, 12:35 AM
This thing is HUGE and so impressive in person. No pictures I've seen on the web thus far even do it justice!

I am so buying this thing in just about 26 hours from now.

It is WORTH the $150 price tag and quite honestly, we're lucky they're only charging that. You will see this thing and value it at more!

This is a $200 - 250 product!

JEDIpartner
07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Shhhhhhh!!! Don't give them any ideas!! They still have few hours to have all the retailers change the prices in the stock computers!

JetsAndHeels
07-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I am going to a 24-hr walmart about 35 minutes down the road. I have a better chance of getting everything I want there...I was there in 05 for the ROTS toys and it was a success.

Can't wait to get this BMF and other goodies!!

obi-dad
07-25-2008, 12:18 PM
This thing is HUGE and so impressive in person. No pictures I've seen on the web thus far even do it justice!

I am so buying this thing in just about 26 hours from now.

It is WORTH the $150 price tag and quite honestly, we're lucky they're only charging that. You will see this thing and value it at more!

This is a $200 - 250 product!

It's only worth what one is willing to pay for it (like a rare baseball card or coin). I seriously doubt there would be half of the numbers that are planning on buying it for $150 that would pay $200 - $250. I know I wouldn't.

Karl Gone Gin
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Can anyone who has been lucky enough to bag one of these babies give me some idea how big the box is? I only have a small car and wonder how easy it will be to fit in the trunk/boot.

jedi master sal
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Can anyone who has been lucky enough to bag one of these babies give me some idea how big the box is? I only have a small car and wonder how easy it will be to fit in the trunk/boot.

It's freakin' huge. I've only had it in hand, b ut couldn't buy it (at Wal*Mart).

I'd say it's easily 2 1/2 ft wide, 2ft tall, maybe 8-10 inches wide. BIG and reasonably heavy for a toy.

Bring a rope and tie it to your roof, heh heh.

Karl Gone Gin
07-25-2008, 04:20 PM
check out www.yodasnews.com (http://www.yodasnews.com). they have pictures of a forthcoming Millennium Falcon passengers battlepack. It includes Ben, Luke R2 & 3PO. + accessories - cargo boxes, blastshield, medical kit (as seen in ESB) and what look like gasmasks. looks like its due December this year.

Mvader91
07-26-2008, 03:16 AM
I might be dumb, however the peg for my landing gear in the front will not fit and i have tried to interchange all of them. It still stands even, but for 150. There should be zero flaws. Anyone else having this problem?

Mvader91
07-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Don't get me wrong it is freakin sweeeeeeetttt!

tagmac
07-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I haven't opened mine yet, but I should ask, once opened, can it fit back in the box. Living in an apartment, I really don't have any place to display it (my wife would not be pleased with it in the living room, lol), so eventually it will have to be boxed for a move, but I don't want to wait 1-2 years or more to open this thing. Heck, if I have time, I'm opening it tonight!

Tycho
07-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Keep interchanging the landing gear. I eventually got all of mine in the right holes and the ship rested evenly on the ground AND the landing gear didn't fall out when I flew it.

It's hard to tell the difference, but the gears are slightly different heights and will eventually fit tight when you put the right ones in the right places (and the left ones in the left places, too!)

The ship is sweet. I spent a fortune last night on all the toys, but I've ONLY opened the Falcon and have been playing with it. I KNEW this would happen!

Anyway, VERY pleased with my purchase. BTW - the ship is lighter than I thought it would be. I will attempt to run around my place, holding it, and making fly-by noises myself (with self-generated, intermitant Wookiee roars as well) once JediTricks leaves for Comic Con today (so he can't film this and put it on YouTube, - thus you guys won't ever know if it really happened or not) ;)

OH - ONCE OPENED IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE RE-TAKEN APART! The instructions say the mandables are a one-time-only snap on fit. I'm not going to try and disassemble mine. But I'll just believe Hasbro this time and not warp the plastic. YOU BUY THIS - YOU DISPLAY THIS. I don't think there's another option.

obi-dad
07-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Just got back from Target and got mine. I had $160 in gift cards saved up, so it was hard at TRU and WalMart last night to wait till today after finally seeing it in person.

What am I doing? I'm sitting here posting before I even opened it up! Where are my priorities?

Tycho
07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
The footpegs on the Falcon are too shallow and don't hold the figures as well as they should - or Luke is just really clutsy with his Jedi training.

But this is the most fun I've had with a new SW toy in a long while. I still haven't opened up my V-19, Homing Spider, or AT-TE! Sorry, but I must spend Quality Time with my Falcon!

Karl Gone Gin
07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Got mine at 9.00am this morning. No one else seemed to be buying the BMF or any of the other big stuff. It was the figures people were getting mostly.

I had to remove the shelf from the back of my car in order to fit it in the trunk/boot.

Haven't put it all together properly yet nor put the stickers on as my 3 year old son just wants to keep pressing the buttons to hear the sounds

I wish they had made it so the mandibles weren't a one time fit as I like to store all my stuff away after I have displayed it for a few months. I found you can push them into the holes but not the whole way in and they stick ok, just that the front lights dont come on as the connection hasn't been formed.
There must be a way to get them in and back out again without damaging the ship.

Come on Hasbro, tell us how!!!

I can't get over how big this thing is though!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2008, 11:49 AM
The price and size (I'm going through storage/display issues right now) weren't enough to overcome the coolness factor. Saw one at Target, but hopefully it goes to someone like you guys who drool at its features, rather than someone who's typing their online auction text right now. Congrats on ye who discovered it!

AmanaMatt
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
This was the first thing I grabbed last night - finally have my BMF - took a quick peek inside and saw 1000 pieces and decals, and opted to put it together this weekend.....

Went to scan this and some figs, and of course Walmarts register did not recognize it, so the girl had me read off the bar code - it was a bit of an ordeal, but worth it. Noticed this is $149.99 at Walmar and $159.99 at TRU; is Target even carrying this? They have gotten totally useless.

Mvader91
07-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I just can't say enough about the falcon. If you hold the cannon button next to landing platform there are five more phrases! After playing for hours still finding more cool stuff. hasbro has outdone itself this time!

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
I grabbed mine at around 2 this morning, after the first Wal-Mart I hit at midnight had none. Anyway I have not opened mine yet....because I just woke up from sleeping (I never went to bed last night) and also because I want to bask in the feeling of knowing I got it and it is waiting for me to open it!! I will have it up and running before the weekend is over.

Congrats to all of you who got one....I know for myself it was a great feeling knowing I finally had one.

DarthBrandon
07-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I decided to put this together this morning, I was leaning towards leaving it in the box but I'm glad I didn't. This rocks on so many levels it's not even funny. The best dam toy besides the AT-TE that Hasbro has ever put out. There were six Falcons at my TRU, including mine that was on hold out back since about near a month ago. The TRU girl told me there was only one left after I picked up mine. If these sell this well all over, Imagine what a Rebel Blockade Runner, Sailbarge or even an Imperial Landing Craft/Paply Shuttle would do in this scale & quality. This BMF is dam sweet & well worth every penny. I hope for a Blockage Runner down the road real soon.:D

bigbarada
07-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I hope for a Blockage Runner down the road real soon.

That sounds like some sort of gastro-intestinal disorder. Are you sure you want that? lol

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
I STILL haven't opened mine yet. I'm slowly opening all of my stuff. I just finished with all of the single carded figs, battle packs, evolutions sets. Now I'll get to the smaller ships (V-19, Homing Spider, then B-wing). Then the AT-TE, then finally the Falcon. Oh, and when do I fit in the building of the TRU exc. Homing Spider set??? I think I'll make that last, since it will take up some time to actually build.

I want to SAVOR these openings. I opened Yarna first when I got home last night. Out of respect for the character and the wait we all had to get it. Funky waist articulation with her, but otherwise and great fig, IMHO.

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I STILL haven't opened mine yet.

Neither have I. After I got it at 2 am, I stayed up the rest of the night and then went to Target at 8. After breakfast I fell asleep and didn't get up until about 2 hours ago.

Tycho
07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
At Comic Con Today: Hasbro is considering another large vehicle!

The barrier to doing them seems to be lifted, and the response to the Falcon and AT-TE was incredible right out of the starting gate.

Is it Jabba's Sailbarge? They wouldn't answer but asked me a question in return: "Do you think Jabba's Sailbarge will appear in The Clone Wars?"

Duh. Part of the CW is that the Republic and Jedi have to negotiate with the Hutts to pursue the Separatists into Hutt Space. Part of the deal is doing a favor for Jabba. The Ashoka figure (Anakin's apprentice) even comes with a baby Hutt as an accessory.

If the Sailbarge can be sold as a Clone Wars vehicle, AND appeal to OT fans like you know it will...

Anyway, the ONLY thing I opened last night is the Falcon. I just had to. And I stayed up most of the night playing with it, too! That ship is SWEET!

People at Comic Con were buying it through Hasbro Toy Shop and having Mark Breadeaux (the designer and the designer of the original 1978 Falcon for Kenner) autograph it. I saw him signing autographs at Hasbro the whole time I was there visiting with them. Mark is definitely something of a legend now as adult collectors become fans of their toy designers. But yes: people were unpacking that huge box (from its brown, outer, shipping box) and pulling it out so Mark could sign it! The Falcon is driving people crazy.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2008, 09:41 AM
"Do you think Jabba's Sailbarge will appear in The Clone Wars?"

Duh.

If the Sailbarge can be sold as a Clone Wars vehicle, AND appeal to OT fans like you know it will...

The Falcon is driving people crazy.Yup.

I heard that.

It'll do jest dat.

She's got it where it counts: the heart strings and purse strings.

AmanaMatt
07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I dunno how well a Sailbarge would sell; it would be cool and all, but appeal to the most hardcore collector.

Haven't put my Falcon together yet - all the decals are intimidating me; I'll put it together when I am in the 'mood'

DarthBrandon
07-27-2008, 09:55 AM
That sounds like some sort of gastro-intestinal disorder. Are you sure you want that? lol As long as Hasbro's making this disorder, I'm in.:thumbsup::D

JetsAndHeels
07-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I opened my Falcon last night. All I can say is that this toy is incredible!! From the lights and sounds, to the dialogue you get when you push the buttons, this is IMO the best vehicle/ship Hasbro has done.

I spent 3 hours last night just listening to the sounds and enjoying all of its features. It really is a fantastic toy, and I can definately say it is worth every penny I paid for it.

Tycho
07-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Think of the Sailbarge as Star Wars' version of a pirate ship adventure.

At least in ROTJ we know we can have Luke and Leia aboard, battling a bunch of aliens and Boba Fett, with Jabba in command!

Hasbro mused they can add more gunports and firing cannons like a pirate ship has. The sailbarge might have them. But in ROTJ they only needed that one portable deck gun to fire on their own (singular) skiff that Luke was on. It's not like they were under full-scale attack. They just underestimated the "Return of the Jedi." (Haha. I had to post that. I probably thought of that in 1983 and never had a chance to use it until now.)

But in Clone Wars, the clones or Separatists might attack and the Sailbarge might have to defend itself. I'm sure it could NOT, but if it was a faint-attack, only staged to mislead an enemy, they could have an adventure with that. Then KIDS who weren't born by 1983 could use Anakin and Obi-Wan animated figures on board, while we could use Gamorrean Guards, Klaatu, Barada, Nikto, and Weequay, Ree-Yees, Yakface, Tessek, Amanaman, Herme Odle, Max Rebo, Droopy McCool, Sy Snootles, SLAVE LEIA, Luke Jedi, Boba Fett, Bib Fortuna - I mean I could make a huge list of characters you could play with on the sailbarge. If it appears in Clone Wars and you can add prequel characters to the list...you get the idea.

Everyone will want this. It's also the setting for a major sequence for ROTJ!

I would say it carries similar weight to it as the Tantive IV, but with the Blockade Runner (which I loved so much, I built) you have a lot of Rebel Fleet Troopers and Stormtroopers who all look the same (and might be the same figure, bought multiple times). Cool - and relevant to the overall war between the Alliance and the Empire, but Jabba's ship would be a lot of fun!

DarthBrandon
07-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Think of the Sailbarge as Star Wars' version of a pirate ship adventure.

At least in ROTJ we know we can have Luke and Leia aboard, battling a bunch of aliens and Boba Fett, with Jabba in command!

Hasbro mused they can add more gunports and firing cannons like a pirate ship has. The sailbarge might have them. But in ROTJ they only needed that one portable deck gun to fire on their own (singular) skiff that Luke was on. It's not like they were under full-scale attack. They just underestimated the "Return of the Jedi." (Haha. I had to post that. I probably thought of that in 1983 and never had a chance to use it until now.)

But in Clone Wars, the clones or Separatists might attack and the Sailbarge might have to defend itself. I'm sure it could NOT, but if it was a faint-attack, only staged to mislead an enemy, they could have an adventure with that. Then KIDS who weren't born by 1983 could use Anakin and Obi-Wan animated figures on board, while we could use Gamorrean Guards, Klaatu, Barada, Nikto, and Weequay, Ree-Yees, Yakface, Tessek, Amanaman, Herme Odle, Max Rebo, Droopy McCool, Sy Snootles, SLAVE LEIA, Luke Jedi, Boba Fett, Bib Fortuna - I mean I could make a huge list of characters you could play with on the sailbarge. If it appears in Clone Wars and you can add prequel characters to the list...you get the idea.

Everyone will want this. It's also the setting for a major sequence for ROTJ!

I would say it carries similar weight to it as the Tantive IV, but with the Blockade Runner (which I loved so much, I built) you have a lot of Rebel Fleet Troopers and Stormtroopers who all look the same (and might be the same figure, bought multiple times). Cool - and relevant to the overall war between the Alliance and the Empire, but Jabba's ship would be a lot of fun!

Then they should do both, like the Falcon & AT-TE this year. Wouldn't that be an X-mas list come true.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
If anyone is still looking for a BMFalcon, then the Super Wal-Mart in Litchfield, Illinois hasn't sold a single one in 2 days. They started out with 8 and they still have 8 sitting there. They've even tried moving things around and rearranging the display to attract more attention, but nobody is biting.

Same with the AT-TE, they put out 6 of them on Friday night and they still have 6 sitting there.

Tycho
07-27-2008, 07:36 PM
That's the difference with California, either for attitude, incomes, or maybe it is just population differences.

bigbarada
07-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I think the crappy package designs are hurting these toys as well. They just look so cheap to me in those white boxes. Darker colors would have had more punch and attracted more attention.

I just feel like I would be getting ripped off if I spent $150 on that Falcon, judging by the box alone.

Ah well, I've decided that if they're still around in November/December, then I'll get one as a Christmas gift for myself.

AmanaMatt
07-27-2008, 08:46 PM
So, Barada, did you pass on this, the ultimate OT collector (other than myself, of course)!??!?! i will be shocked if you did....

I dunno, box seems ok to mean - no worse than all the other Falcon boxes and the size alone should impress...

Anyways, I opened my BMF this morning, and put all the stickers on and went down at got some batteries....

My reaction, 'WOW!'

Toy of the year contender in my book. I mean, everthing on this is electronic - almost all switched and buttons; I mean, when sounds come on putting the minifighter in its compartment, that is truly impressive. Sound, lights everything sounds nice and loud.

Worth.every.penny.

bigbarada
07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
So, Barada, did you pass on this, the ultimate OT collector (other than myself, of course)!??!?! i will be shocked if you did....

I dunno, box seems ok to mean - no worse than all the other Falcon boxes and the size alone should impress...

Anyways, I opened my BMF this morning, and put all the stickers on and went down at got some batteries....

My reaction, 'WOW!'

Toy of the year contender in my book. I mean, everthing on this is electronic - almost all switched and buttons; I mean, when sounds come on putting the minifighter in its compartment, that is truly impressive. Sound, lights everything sounds nice and loud.

Worth.every.penny.

My rent is due on the 27th of every month and I always get annoyed at the thought of big purchases when rent day is near. So, for the foreseeable future, I'm passing on the Falcon. I might get it if it's still around at Christmastime, but not now.

However, I really do hope that it does well, because I really, really, really want an all-new, larger, more accurate AT-AT. If this had been a new & improved AT-AT that had been released on Saturday for $150, then I would have bought it without blinking and just avoided the landlord for few days.:D

bigbarada
07-27-2008, 09:04 PM
On second thought, as soon as I get $150 I can spare, then I think I'll buy this. Otherwise, my inner child is going to kick my butt from the inside out.:hurt:

My question is, does anyone have any gripes about this toy? I'm sure it's not perfect, but is it one of those situations were the flaws are completely overshadowed by the overall coolness?

AmanaMatt
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
On second thought, as soon as I get $150 I can spare, then I think I'll buy this. Otherwise, my inner child is going to kick my butt from the inside out.:hurt:

My question is, does anyone have any gripes about this toy? I'm sure it's not perfect, but is it one of those situations were the flaws are completely overshadowed by the overall coolness?

Barada, get it...you will NOT be disappointed. This thing is not only a great toy, I swear its a time machine for me: I feel like a kid again when I am playing with it.

IMO, there is one flaw: somewhat annoying landing gear (there are two different pegs for them, and that has throw people off, once figured out, they stay in place pretty good now). Some would also get a bit annoyed and the cockpit cover - it does pop out if its little groove, but when its on, its on - nothing feels loose at all, which is very surprising to me, even the top covers to the ship - when they snap in place, they are in place.

One thing to warn: the Mandibles come separately in the box and snap in place. The directions warn: one time snap only. Once they are in, they are in!

Considering there are 15ish buttons and levers that all have a sound byte or light, I am very, very impressed with the overall quality. Ironically, the electronic and automatic landing platform really gets me with its lights and sounds - and that is just the door as it were!

This thing is so big I had to rearrange it spot, so it would fit and boy, but is it cool! I am ashamed to admit this, but this is my first Falcon since the original when I was a kid...I could never justify Hasbro's $50-$75 price for the re-released original, so I was surprised when I was willing to drop $150. It is worth every penny now that I have it opened, and all that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2008, 09:31 PM
The landing gear isn't a problem if you take five seconds and just figure it out.

But anyway, I LOVE this ship. To be honest, though, the Dejarik room seems a little cramped . . . I set up the droids and Chewie playing chess, Han sitting on his chair, and Obi-Wan sitting on his and watching Luke train. It was pretty close to perfect - certainly a million miles better than the old one - but it did seem a little small, if possible. I think Han's chair is a little small, and in the pics, I imagined it to be bigger, so my impression of the scale in that room was off. There's no room for Chewie's legs under the table to he kind of has to sit on a ramp nearby and C-3PO takes the other side of the table; R2 can't really get as close as he should be able to. Don't get me wrong, it still looks fantastic, but it takes a bit of fiddling. A small gripe on an otherwise amazing toy.

I spent all day yesterday and today opening figures and ships and looking at things. The Falcon is absolutely huge and amazing. I keep finding or rediscovering things I'd forgotten about it . . . I love how the engines fail sometimes! That is too much! :p

I also freakin' love the opening boarding ramp, and the mini-ship and the fact that it makes sounds when you take it out. OH and the Dejarik pieces and the fact that they can be arranged a few different ways! And one of the smuggling compartments looks more like the place where Han was fixing the ship while the asteroid hit, and where R2 fell in. And the sounds that interact with the lights . . . it's just amazing.

I really want the new ANH Obi-Wan, though, and hope he has articulated knees, since the VOTC one looks goofy in his chairs in there.

Anyway, if you're on the fence, I would definitely say get it.

AmanaMatt
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I agree with everything said above; Kudos does have to go out to the sound quality - the voices, ship noises and sound bytes are very high quality....high in volum without being loud, and makes it feel real!

I was going to keep the Mini fighter in the box as I hate made up stuff usually, but when I saw that it make noises when you open its hatch, and take it out/in, that was too cool!