....at WM

....at Target?

An ad in my local Sunday's paper had the BMF at TRU for $159.95

I'm curious about the difference.

Thanks!

Its $149.99 @ Target and Walmart

bigbarada
07-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Dangit! :upset: Would it be too hard for you all to just say, "This thing is a piece of crap! I want my money back!"

Now I'm starting to feel like I NEED to buy one ASAP.

TeeEye7
07-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Its $149.99 @ Target and Walmart

Thanks, Matt. I now know to check out my local TRU last!

Dangit! :upset: Would it be too hard for you all to just say, "This thing is a piece of crap! I want my money back!"

I was going to pass on the BMF but I'm beginning to think "resistance is futile", BigB. Even Mrs. TI7 is working on me to pick one up!

Dark Marble
07-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I got mine this weekend and plan on opening it tonight. It is the only thing I bought and now that figures are going up to $8 a pop I might be hanging up my collection. But, we will see. After all this time I don't know a better way to go out, the falcon is the best.

AmanaMatt
07-28-2008, 09:40 AM

:) Its the call of the Wookie.....you need it now......and you'll thank us later! :yes:

Lazer Brain
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
The BMF is the only thing I have yet to get. .... there are astill plenty around here ...for now.
later

jedi master sal
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
TI7 and BBarada, go and get one now. This is the BEST toy by far of anything Hasbro has ever produced before-and I'm talking all lines. Only thing to come close would be the USS Flagg from G.I.Joe.

Honestly, keep your olds ones for the heck of it, but this absolutely is one toy you shouldn't pass up. Size alone is one thing, but it has it where it counts besides that. All the moving parts and electronics. A full fledged cockpit! Light-up Dejarik table!!

How cool is all of that?

On a coolness factor from 1-10 with 10 the best, this rates a 20. It's that good.

It's a one-time purchase. Get it now, while you can for the $150-160 price. In a couple of years a rerelease would cost a bit more I'd say due to higher plastic costs.

I highly doubt this will go on clearance and besides why put yourself through the stress of wondering if it will, especially if it never does and either you miss out altogether or at the least will have missed out on all the enjoyment we current BMF owners are having.

Personally I'd prefer you buy it from TRU to help keep them goin and compete with Target and WM, but it's understandable if you don't have one near you. The $10 difference is up to you to decide. Target is selling figures for $1 more EACH. SO do you want to drive back and forth wasting gas, or just buy form one place. WM may have both, but from the last couple of days it seems they are hit and miss.

Regardless, just go out and buy this beaut. You won't regret it.

-Sal

TheRealDubya
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
This is the BEST toy by far of anything Hasbro has ever produced before-and I'm talking all lines.

On a coolness factor from 1-10 with 10 the best, this rates a 20. It's that good.

Personally I'd prefer you buy it from TRU to help keep them goin...

Regardless, just go out and buy this beaut. You won't regret it.

-Sal

Sal, I couldn't agree more. After I loaded my into my car Friday night/Saturday morning at 12:08, I had about ten minutes worth of solid regret at spending $150.00+tax on the big mamma jamma. However, as soon as I got home, applied the decals, assembled the parts and plugged some batteries in, all regret was forgotten. The next morning when I put my 8 week old daughter on the floor next to it and started playing sounds, and she got excited and started kicking and laughing, I was in hog heaven. My wife even loves it, and she hates my "toys". She thinks it's so cool she's allowed me to display it on our huge, round dinner table. That says a ton about it, believe me. My nephew came over Sunday and we played with it for 3 hours. It's just the best toy I've ever owned.

And yeah, I ponied up at TRU, because I'm all for keeping them in business.

Best. Toy. Ever.

TeeEye7
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Dub and Sal, you're not making this any easier! ;) :nerv:

I have other financial obligations, but I do have a "rainy day" fund calling my name. What to do... what to do!? :ringshands:

I hear the emperor's voice now: "You want this......"

JON9000
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
BMF is sold out in my area. I was able to get one I saw being returned still sealed. Haven't broken it out yet, because I have nowhere to put it.

As far as more biggies, I would look for the AT-AT. A lot of the size has to do with leg length, and they could fit a lot of leg in a box the size of the BMF's.

I'd love a Tantive IV, though.

jedi master sal
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Dub and Sal, you're not making this any easier! ;) :nerv:

I have other financial obligations, but I do have a "rainy day" fund calling my name. What to do... what to do!? :ringshands:

I hear the emperor's voice now: "You want this......"

yes we are making it easier....buy the darned thing already!!! heh heh.

And ~~~~ You want this, don't you ~~~~

now get cracking! :whip: heh, I love those emotes sometimes.

mtriv73
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I saw several yesterday at a wal-mart. A buddy of mine got one friday and it is sweet. Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) the wife and I bought a house last week. Until we sell the townhouse, we're going to have 2 mortgages and daycare every month so I'm going to have to wait until my bday (october) or Christmas for this puppy.

It is by far the coolest toy I've ever seen though and I can't wait to get one.

JetsAndHeels
07-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I said it before, but I must say it again...

I freakin love this ship. I can honestly say it is probably the coolest toy that I own, and I own alot of toys. Thank you Hasbro!!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
I've seen a few stores yesterday and today (after the "1st day of Issue" on 7/26) that have several Falcons and AT-TEs that weren't there that first Saturday. I don't know if it'll come down in price, but I'm cutting out vehicles over $25 for the most part. No longer being a completist makes my guilt and regret at not buying things slightly easier to handle.

But the kids playing with the sound effects in the store is good enough for me to experience! :pleased:

AmanaMatt
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
If this doesn't sell out, I would expect to see it again for less, but totally gutted of the electronics.

bigbarada
07-28-2008, 05:18 PM
If this doesn't sell out, I would expect to see it again for less, but totally gutted of the electronics.

I would actually prefer that. Electronic sounds on toys are usually cool for about ten minutes, then they become annoying. I would most likely buy this thing, test out all the electronics just to make sure they work, then remove the batteries and never use them again.

Mvader91
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I said it before, but I must say it again...

I freakin love this ship. I can honestly say it is probably the coolest toy that I own, and I own alot of toys. Thank you Hasbro!!
I have got to agree completely. I have half a garage full of starwars toys and figs.

TeeEye7
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
OK. This is for AmanaMatt, Dubya, and Sal:

I went to Target with my wife this afternoon (just got back as a matter of fact) to look for school supplies for her classroom. She's a third grade teacher.

We split our errands and went in separate directions as I needed some stuff for me and I left her to rummage through the canyons of school stuff.

I found what I needed and went back to look for her in the school supply section where I new she would still be, and she was.

On top of the cart, she had placed the BMF while I was on the other side of the store! She said it was the last one and didn't want me to miss out on it! That woman spoils me! :love:

I've only had a quick look at it as my house is currently overrun with about twelve of my son's friends (It's another Rock Band night....there goes my hearing!) They want a look at it but no way! I get "fisrties"! What I have seen of it does look awesome! I'll get a better chance later this evening after the hordes have left.

Woo Hoo! Dubya, and Sal you were right not to pass it up!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

JON9000
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I would actually prefer that. Electronic sounds on toys are usually cool for about ten minutes, then they become annoying. I would most likely buy this thing, test out all the electronics just to make sure they work, then remove the batteries and never use them again.

I have to disagree on this vehicle- the light up djarik table and engine lights are just too awesome, and if you ever wanted to do a diorama of the space slug, those ramp lights would make it!

tagmac
07-28-2008, 07:55 PM
deleted - please ignore

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
deleted - please ignore

Ignore what? I don't get it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2008, 11:31 PM
And yeah, I ponied up at TRU, because I'm all for keeping them in business.
Same here. I can't really justify too many huge purchases at WM, even though I've spent a ton there in the last few days. I also did it since TRU had the whole midnight madness thing, and hell, why not?

garbognar
07-29-2008, 03:55 AM
I had a huge problem with mine. When I opened it, the top cover that hides the battery case was not in the box. As I live in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't drive another four hours round trip to return it. Does hasbro do piece replacement if you get gypped like that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

garbognar
07-29-2008, 03:56 AM
I just saw my tag. I no longer live in Seattle!

Tycho
07-29-2008, 03:59 AM
I had a huge problem with mine. When I opened it, the top cover that hides the battery case was not in the box. As I live in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't drive another four hours round trip to return it. Does hasbro do piece replacement if you get gypped like that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. They have been very good about that in the past. I'd write to them (a hard-copy is even better than an e-mail) and I bet they'll send you the part that you need and maybe something else to sweeten the deal and compensate you for your inconvenience.

I'd explain how far you have to drive to do it yourself, too. That's surely the point that will win you rewards.

Sorry you had that trouble! That's amazing really, as it should have been so obvious to include that - I mean the darn engine vents are molded into the panneling of that piece right? How could quality-control think the ship looked "alright to be boxed' if it was assembled like that?

Tycho
07-29-2008, 05:04 AM
New Feature Discovered : to me anyway.

Try this: stand behind your Millennium Falcon and watching the lit-up engines while your ship is flying (egnine sound running). Now hit the center rear button (by the boarding ramp) to make the ship jump into hyperspace (during its flight sound sequence).

Added white lights come on behind the blue engine glow to simulate the ship putting on a burst of speed! How cool is that?

tagmac
07-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Ignore what? I don't get it.

I had made a post on the Disturbance in the Force set, but as I wasn't paying attention, I made it as a reply in here rather than it's own thread. Once I figured it out and reposted the thread, I couldn't completely delete it from here, so I had to post something when I made the correction.

TheRealDubya
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
My greatest achievements?

bigbarada
07-30-2008, 04:13 PM

:D At least you put your daughter first.:thumbsup:

My Wal-Mart still hasn't sold a single one of these after 5 days. I've got some Ebay auctions ending this weekend (I've decided to sell one of my vintage A-Wings and a Han Solo blaster prop replica, so I can afford this monster), so once I get those Paypal payments transferred over, then I might pick up one.

DarthBrandon
07-30-2008, 07:00 PM
:D At least you put your daughter first.:thumbsup:

My Wal-Mart still hasn't sold a single one of these after 5 days. I've got some Ebay auctions ending this weekend (I've decided to sell one of my vintage A-Wings and a Han Solo blaster prop replica, so I can afford this monster), so once I get those Paypal payments transferred over, then I might pick up one.

Might, you'd better BigB, this is the coolest this in the galaxy right now. I may save up & buy a second one for Brandon, it's that good. :thumbsup: I may how-ever wind up dead when the wife finds out I spent more money.lol

Mvader91
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
New Feature Discovered : to me anyway.

Try this: stand behind your Millennium Falcon and watching the lit-up engines while your ship is flying (egnine sound running). Now hit the center rear button (by the boarding ramp) to make the ship jump into hyperspace (during its flight sound sequence).

Added white lights come on behind the blue engine glow to simulate the ship putting on a burst of speed! How cool is that?
Is it amazing how much stuff is actually in this thing! the best toy ever!

Ji'dai
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM

17887 What a hunk of junk! Nah, she's cute. ;) How long is she? The Falcon must be a lot bigger once assembled.

I didn't think the boxed BMF was all that big when I saw it in-store. Not any bigger than other toy boxes I've seen anyway, such as the re-released Imp Shuttle box. The shuttle's box is a big-uhn, and a bit unwieldy.

prometheus
07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Just had to put my two cents in...Im new to the forum.... This Falcon Rocks... I really think for the price it is the best toy ever produced...the features just dont stop... and the detail is amazing...Im a model builder in my spare time and I just finished a 18" Japanese Import model of the Falcon from Fine Molds ( It consists of almost 900 parts and is rumored to be the best representation of the falcon to date) and i have to say.... after assembling 900 parts that hasbro put all the same detail into their falcon.... Im just blown away!

Tycho
07-31-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm going to submit a question for our Q&A about who all put work into the Falcon. It IS truly amazing and sure to win the Best Toy of 2008 award.

I know Mark Bredeaux designed her. Who did all the sculpt-work on the details? Was it one person or a team?

I gotta ask!

AmanaMatt
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm going to submit a question for our Q&A about who all put work into the Falcon. It IS truly amazing and sure to win the Best Toy of 2008 award.

I know Mark Bredeaux designed her. Who did all the sculpt-work on the details? Was it one person or a team?

I gotta ask!

That would be a good question

TheRealDubya
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
What a hunk of junk! Nah, she's cute. ;) How long is she? The Falcon must be a lot bigger once assembled.

I didn't think the boxed BMF was all that big when I saw it in-store. Not any bigger than other toy boxes I've seen anyway, such as the re-released Imp Shuttle box. The shuttle's box is a big-uhn, and a bit unwieldy.

Little one is about 24 inches long. She was in a full on meltdown last night and I played the sound clip of "With the blast shield down..." and she stopped crying, listened to it all and was thereafter fine. Truly, this toy is special. ;)

ncbarrett
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Little one is about 24 inches long. She was in a full on meltdown last night and I played the sound clip of "With the blast shield down..." and she stopped crying, listened to it all and was thereafter fine. Truly, this toy is special. ;)

She's cute. How old?

I have a 12 weeks old daughter who a bit over 24 inches.

Oh and on topic, if I had 150 to spend I would definitely pick a Falcon up.

TheRealDubya
07-31-2008, 11:55 AM
She's cute. How old?

I have a 12 weeks old daughter who a bit over 24 inches.

Oh and on topic, if I had 150 to spend I would definitely pick a Falcon up.

Thanks. She's nine weeks today. 12 lbs 8 oz. She came out at 10 lbs 3 oz.

And also on topic, if you get a spare $150.00, you totally should.

ncbarrett
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks. She nine weeks today. 12 lbs 8 oz. She came out at 10 lbs 3 oz.

And also on topic, if you get a spare $150.00, you totally should.

10 3?
wow i though 9lbs 8oz was big.
I'm so glad men don't have babies....:D

on topic:
Maybe I could talk my wife into getting it for our daughter's future...:lipsrsealed:

TheRealDubya
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
10 3?
wow i though 9lbs 8oz was big.
I'm so glad men don't have babies....:D

No doubt. I should note that we cheated a bit, because she was two weeks overdue, so she had 16 days of extra cooking time. Plus, I'm pretty sure she was juicing in there, but she passed her doping screening. I'll catch her eventually.

Karl Gone Gin
07-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Has anyone reached any conclusions about which are the best figures to use and display in this, in terms of articulation and posing them inside?
Not many of the Leias, Lukes or Bens seem to be able to sit down properly in it.
This thing so rocks, even if I did have to pay 150 for it. (Thats $300!!)

TheRealDubya
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Has anyone reached any conclusions about which are the best figures to use and display in this, in terms of articulation and posing them inside?
Not many of the Leias, Lukes or Bens seem to be able to sit down properly in it.
This thing so rocks, even if I did have to pay 150 for it. (Thats $300!!)

I'm using the VOTC gang, for the most part, but a new Kenobi is desperately needed. I also have Padme Ilum riding in the cockpit so my canon-cred is wobbly, at best. I kind of have the figures I bought last weekend hanging out in it; Saesee Tiin in Space Armor is piloting the fighter pod, for example.

mark2d2
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I also have Padme Ilum riding in the cockpit so my canon-cred is wobbly, at best. .

Ah, I'll cut you some slack. That's just the "Spirit of Padme" hovering about her two children. . .;)

Tycho
07-31-2008, 07:14 PM
They're coming out with a Millennium Falcon crew battle pack in December (or sooner).

It includes:

Luke Blast Shield. I'm not sure which Luke figure that is, but I guess he's not the 1988 one, as he might be super-articulated. He doesn't need to be for the lightsaber training poses, but there's the gunner station chair and the cockpit seating... Maybe the VOTC would look cool? I never bought that figure myself though. So I'm going to see what we get in the battle pack I guess.

Ben Kenobi - well the POTJ figure is in the right outfit, but hardly poseable. I think we're getting the VOTC in the Falcon Battle Pack, but without the Jedi robe and WITH softgoods on his white inner-robe bottom, so he can sit in the Falcon's furnishings.

C-3PO in this pack will be the Ewok Diety version with bending knees - so I don't see a need to buy the current Saga Legends release of him they're offering right now.****

R2D2 might be coolest if you got one with a data scomp. I'm not sure what comes with the Falcon BP, but if it's just a standard, then the 1988 sensor scope one is a good choice, but has no 3rd leg in case you're looking for that.

The Han and Chewie figures they included with the ship are pretty decent. I guess the VOTC Han is even better. I think that IS the VOTC version of Chewie, but I'll have to check. Han is the TAC figure from Wave 2 of last year (Yavin wave).

*** An extra of this C-3PO for the cockpit and an ESB crew might be a good idea.

- a good Leia Hoth figure, SA, might be coming, or deriveable from the comic 2-pack with some Marvel Mandalorian figure. Remove her gun holster and there you go.

- I think Chewie has a Saga Legends (Legacy repack) out there now, so another figure of him is available. I think it's the ROTS version, but I'm not sure.

- Han Bespin awaits a great new resculpt that would be appropriate for this good of ship. The last update to him was the 2001 POTJ I believe. It is not SA to sit in the ship properly. (Han....2002 was Endor Bunker, 2003 was Hoth, 2004 was AT-ST Driver and re-packs, 2005 saw none, 2006 was Carbon De-Freeze and Endor VOTC, 2007 was pilot (packed-in currently with Falcon) - so yeah, in 2008 / 2009 a Bespin Han is probably due).

AmanaMatt
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
The Chewie used with the BMF is the "Early Bird' Walmart version, which was just a ANH head on the VOTC body - that is my fav version of Chewie Hasbro has ever done, and happy to see they chose that one for the BMF

tagmac
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
It would have been nice if Chewie had the headset sculpted to his head, just to make the figure more movie-accurate, as well as make the figure somewhat more "different."

sebillba
08-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Here's the crew from SDCC:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29070

Looks like Luke is the 2006 TSC figure without the poncho, floppy hat, etc.

Tycho
08-01-2008, 02:34 AM
That's a good / useful set in light of the Falcon.

I just bought an extra C-3PO Ewok Diety from Saga Legends tonight to go the cockpit. He looks great in there!

Now I need a good Leia Hoth and Han Bespin.

I should consider a Leia Bespin Escape as well - and Lando VOTC or something for that matter. But it's HAN's ship. He won her fair and square! Remember?

Karl Gone Gin
08-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like ebay sellers will be getting hit hard for VOTC figures before the Battle Pack comes out!
I had an idea about what would have been even cooller for the new Falcon.
If they had interchangeable sound chips.
Just imagine it, the standard one would be quotes & dialogue from a New Hope, which is pretty much what the BMF does anyway.
But imagine being able to take that sound card out and put an Empire Strikes back one in.
i'd love to hear "No time to discuss this in a committee!" - "I am not a committee!!"
And then getting a Jedi one too, with Lando shouting "That was too close!"
And you could swap your figures around depending which sound card you had in.
Now that would be cool.

Any employees of Hasbro reading?
If so i'm patenting that idea!

Old Fossil
08-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Whew... just got through with a test run of the Falcon. I am numb. This is an amazing toy. I must have played with the boarding ramp alone a good 20 minutes. I think $150 is a fair price for it... though I wonder if with all the extras, Hasbro might be losing money on it.

I love all the extra storage space in this thing!

Lazer Brain
08-06-2008, 04:24 PM
i have finally got into my BMF, wow! this was great fun. i just have to find a place to display it now. but it is a great toy.
later

Tycho
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Because of the sound effects, I decided to do an all ANH crew:

cockpit: BMF Han, BMF Chewie, 2006 Luke Tatooine, 2008 MF Battle Pack Ben

Smuggling Compartment: 1995 Luke Tatooine, new Chewie, 1995 Han

Gunner Station: 1998 Gunner Han

Main Hold: 1995 Ben, 1999 CommTech Han, MF Battle Pack Luke-R2-3PO, 2000 POTJ Chess Champ Chewie

I'm finally vacating the Mos Eisley Escape crew from a 1995 Falcon and will re-crew that ship with New Jedi Order figures should they make them. I'll have the extra R2 and 3PO, I might buy the Legacy Wounded Chewie, and could put in a NJO Luke, and hope for an older Han Solo (or customize him from Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull) and hope for Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo.

Blue2th
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Went out and bought a BMF today! Full pop at $160 total with taxes.

The boxes of the two that were on the shelf at my local Target were kind of mangled, so one of the employees went back and got one still in the sealed outer box for me, which was cool, and I bought it that way. So now I can store the box in the box in case I have to put the Falcon away for a spell.

I did notice on the outer box it has "Target Stores" on it and has written "carton no. 937 of 1064"
I'm assuming this is the total number of Falcons that Target received? Doesn't seem like a whole lot to go around.

Tycho
08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
You can't put it back in the box. The instructions warn you that the forward mandibles are a one-time-fit. You could chance removing them, but what for? Why assemble the ship if you're going to put it away in a little while?

I wouldn't take the chance, anyway. I may throw out the package. I probably will.

bigbarada
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
You can't put it back in the box. The instructions warn you that the forward mandibles are a one-time-fit. You could chance removing them, but what for? Why assemble the ship if you're going to put it away in a little while?

I wouldn't take the chance, anyway. I may throw out the package. I probably will.

Yeah, I just bought it today and I had no clue that the box size is just the saucer section, not including the forward mandibles. The box is huge, but it actually conceals the true size of this toy.

My first thought was, this thing is massive! If you plan to store this thing anytime soon, then don't even assemble it.

bigbarada
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I finished putting the Falcon together and got to spend some time with the toy. Really well made with lots of cool features. I like how the landing gear is removable, not retractable, this prevents the weight of the ship from collapsing it (which was a problem with the previous mold).

The instructions weren't exactly clear as to which missiles went to which launchers, so that was kind of an unnecessary trial and error process. I also wish there was a setting where you could just turn all the lights on without the sounds and keep it lit up like a Christmas tree all night if you wanted to. Of course that would run the batteries down pretty quick, but there's nothing saying that they couldn't install a removable plug for an AC adapter.

I keep underestimating just how big this thing is. I'm just not used to a Star Wars toy taking up an entire tabletop. It's also just narrow enough from side to side to fit through my doorways, but not by much. Not that I'm complaining mind you, this is the Millennium Falcon toy I always dreamed of owning! :thumbsup:

So far I haven't applied any of the stickers since they're all interior stickers and I'm displaying it closed up for now. I also haven't decided if I want to give this thing a custom paint job or not, so I'll hold off on stickers until I make a final decision there.

Right now, my favorite feature is the boarding ramp. I could play with that thing all day long, but again I just wish the lights would stay on.

Also, I'm keeping the figures to a minimum right now. I have a VOTC Han and Chewie that I've been saving for this thing, so it will be devoted to just them two for right now. I didn't even take the pack-in figures out of the box, since I don't need them and the empty box displays better with them still in there.

AmanaMatt
08-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Glad to see you were able to score the falcon, Barada! I love the escape pod/hatch for the mini fighter - all the cool sound effects for it, but I love the boarding ramp too - very cool stuff!

Blue2th
08-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Wow, I did not know it was bigger than the box. This thing must be huge. That definitely would make it impossible to put back in there, if it's a one time assemble.

The way things are going around here with family, I never know who's going to be staying for a while. Hmm

Karl Gone Gin
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
AAAARGGHHH!!! I hate HASBRO and their stupid designs!!
After weeks of carefully handling my BMF I have today accidently pushed one of the forward mandibles all the way in.
And when they say its a one time fit, boy do they mean it. That sucker is impossible to remove once its in!
I'm so annoyed. I really wanted to be able to put it away at some point in time for the next big vehicle but now I cant cos its too big to go back in the box.
Why did Hasbro design it that way? Surely they know that the majority of people who are going to buy it now, on original release, will be collectors like myself, who like to display the stuff for a while and then store it away for another day. (I guarantee you more will be sold at Xmas than were at release date, when all the youngsters ask for it).
I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro made it that way so collectors would fork out twice for it, one to display and one to keep.
The only way I can see that you could remove them once there in is by taking the thing apart, and given the amount of electrical gubbins in that baby I am not about to try that.
Apart from wanting to store it away to keep it in good condition, I would have to at some point as we don't have that much room.
Why Hasbro Why?
All your other vehicles come apart.

I can't get over how annoyed I am by this!!

bigbarada
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
AAAARGGHHH!!! I hate HASBRO and their stupid designs!!
After weeks of carefully handling my BMF I have today accidently pushed one of the forward mandibles all the way in.
And when they say its a one time fit, boy do they mean it. That sucker is impossible to remove once its in!
I'm so annoyed. I really wanted to be able to put it away at some point in time for the next big vehicle but now I cant cos its too big to go back in the box.
Why did Hasbro design it that way? Surely they know that the majority of people who are going to buy it now, on original release, will be collectors like myself, who like to display the stuff for a while and then store it away for another day. (I guarantee you more will be sold at Xmas than were at release date, when all the youngsters ask for it).
I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro made it that way so collectors would fork out twice for it, one to display and one to keep.
The only way I can see that you could remove them once there in is by taking the thing apart, and given the amount of electrical gubbins in that baby I am not about to try that.
Apart from wanting to store it away to keep it in good condition, I would have to at some point as we don't have that much room.
Why Hasbro Why?
All your other vehicles come apart.

I can't get over how annoyed I am by this!!

:D:D:D That's a good one!

Oh wait, are you serious?

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Congrats on scoring the BMF, BigB. It is a great toy, is it not? :)

bigbarada
08-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Congrats on scoring the BMF, BigB. It is a great toy, is it not? :)

Yes, it's amazing! Also, I was expecting to be feeling some buyer's remorse by now, but I haven't felt a single tinge of that. This toy is just too cool.

This could easily be the last big Star Wars toy I ever need to buy; but I'm not going to say that yet because there is still a chance that we're going to get a BMF AT-AT.

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Also, I was expecting to be feeling some buyer's remorse by now, but I haven't felt a single tinge of that. This toy is just too cool.

Oh yeah, there was ZERO buyer's remorse for me; there would have been remorse if I had NOT purchased this. Like I had said a few times before its release, I am not really a fan of the vehicles...but the BMF was the type of toy that I could get really excited about...and it sure did deliver!!

Karl Gone Gin
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Yes Big Barada I am serious.
If I was to meet one of the designers who decided to make the mandibles a one time fit, the mood I am in right now they would be struck down.
And into such small pieces there was no way they could return "More powerful than I could possibly imagine"
As much as I love the BMF I always hated the "one time fit" notion.

bigbarada
08-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah, there was ZERO buyer's remorse for me; there would have been remorse if I had NOT purchased this. Like I had said a few times before its release, I am not really a fan of the vehicles...but the BMF was the type of toy that I could get really excited about...and it sure did deliver!!

Yes, I was having "non-buyer's remorse" and I couldn't stop thinking about this toy. I would drive to Wal-Mart everyday and go past the display and try to convince myself that I really didn't want it. But now that I have it, I can finally relax.:pleased:

When I finally loaded the box into my shopping cart, I felt that giddiness and excitement that I haven't felt about a new toy since 1986. It was like I was instantly a kid again (fortunately, this time around, I was a kid with a credit card and $500 to spend :D ).

Yes Big Barada I am serious.
If I was to meet one of the designers who decided to make the mandibles a one time fit, the mood I am in right now they would be struck down.
And into such small pieces there was no way they could return "More powerful than I could possibly imagine"
As much as I love the BMF I always hated the "one time fit" notion.

I could probably understand your frustration if you had accidentally installed the mandibles upside down (since I didn't really see a way to prevent that from happening by mistake - although I wasn't about to test the possibility either). However, Hasbro simply can't plan ahead for the individual collecting and displaying habits of all Star Wars fans. That's just not realistically possible and I think you are in the minority of collectors who bought this amazing toy with the intent of storing it out of sight. So, saying that this is part of some conspiracy to get you to buy a second Falcon is, with all due respect, a little silly.

Once this toy is assembled, those mandibles need to be able to support the weight of the entire ship. Obviously Hasbro believes that the possibility of a kid trying to pick up the toy by those mandibles is greater than a few fans who want assemble it and take it apart shortly afterwards. Also, you have exposed electronic leads with those mandibles off, thus they need to be a permanent, tight fit.

Tenric78
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Okay, I think I want both the BMF and AT TE... but I need to space the purchases apart. I'm torn between which one I should get first. I like the AT TE because it can hold a lot of my clones and can store easily, but from what I am reading the BMF has more electronic coolness (and nostalgia)... what would you guys get first? Help me out here!

Ando
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
What is your gut instinct? Whatever it is, go with it. I got both and love them, but the AT-TE is less expensive and is on sale right now, so if you're looking to save money, I'd get that one. I have a feeling the Falcon will be around a while and it hasn't gone on sale yet.

AmanaMatt
08-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I have owned this for what, two weeks now....still loving it!

Congrats to all that have gotten this bad boy!

Blue2th
08-09-2008, 12:48 AM
I'll be putting mine together soon. Just been so busy lately.
I think I underestimated my table space just by looking at the BMF box, and didn't know about the mandibles. Who coined that word (mandibles) it's a good one. lol

If I need to store it, I'll just go get a bigger box.
There's plenty of huge ones out there. behind music stores, tire stores (rims), body shops. Just take a tape measure with me, so I don't waste my time getting the wrong size box. I won't need to do that for a while (I hope)

Tycho
08-09-2008, 01:11 AM
.Also, I'm keeping the figures to a minimum right now.

I was going to, but I "love" how this thing "convinced me" that I need a Han and Chewie (and others) to display in every room:

4 Hans: Cockpit, gunner station, smuggling compartment, engineering console
3 Chewies: cockpit, smuggling compartment, chess table
3 Lukes: Cockpit, smuggling compartment, lightsaber training
2 Obi-Wans: cockpit, lightsaber training
1 R2D2 - chess table
1 C-3PO - chess table

I am going to try and use different versions of the figures (since they make so many) with an effort to wait for the Millennium Falcon battle pack since it comes with more gear and cargo to put in the BMF, along with one of my Lukes, Obi-Wans, and the droids.

Some people are going to do really nicely displaying Leia, Bespin Han, Lando, maybe even Nien Numb and Endor Rebels in the ship. I guess that won't be me. The electronics are all geared to ANH (with two exceptions - R2 and C-3PO from ESB fixing the hyperdrive; Han saying "Switch over. Let's hope we don't have another burnout.")

But all the ANH dialogue at every sound effect button sort of dictates the use for this ship. Too bad they didn't add Leia and Lando in just two more voice recordings.

JetsAndHeels
08-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm torn between which one I should get first. I like the AT TE because it can hold a lot of my clones and can store easily, but from what I am reading the BMF has more electronic coolness (and nostalgia)... what would you guys get first? Help me out here!

My advice is get the BMF first...you will absolutely love it. The AT-TE is very cool also, but hands down the winner from the 7/26 vehicle sweepstakes is the BMF. Honestly, I was finding new features on it for at least a solid week after I had purchased it.

I can say without a doubt it is the coolest toy I have ever owned...and like all of us on here, I own ALOT of toys. :)

Karl Gone Gin
08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Once this toy is assembled, those mandibles need to be able to support the weight of the entire ship. Obviously Hasbro believes that the possibility of a kid trying to pick up the toy by those mandibles is greater than a few fans who want assemble it and take it apart shortly afterwards. Also, you have exposed electronic leads with those mandibles off, thus they need to be a permanent, tight fit.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there. If Hasbro were so concerned about the mandibles having to take the weight of the BMF, surely they would have supplied it with them already attached - either screwed in place or molded as a one piece. Then all they needed do was make the box
6 inches wider.

Think about the other large scale vehicles they have made - The FX or Red Leader X wing for example. The wings had to be fitted to that, yet could still be removed and there is just as big a danger of that being picked up by its wings. Similarly with the Republic Gunship.
Hasbro themselves have actually said that they didn't expect the BMF to be picked up and "flown", but they still wanted to provide that action feature, hence supplying the escape pod/attack ship with the BMF.

I think Hasbro knew the market for this thing would be limited, especially around its release date. I'm sure they anticipated that the majority of people who would buy this are Original Trilogy fans who have collected Star Wars for a long time, and are probably 20 or 30 + years old with disposable income. Yes, it probably will sell a lot more coming up to Christmas as presents, but i'm sure there are more 20+ year olds who own this than children aged 14 and below.

And as cool as it is to place figures in it to create diaramas, how many of those actually sit and "play" with it for hours on end like they used to when they had their original Falcons back in the 80's?

Overall i'm very pleased with the BMF, I guess i'm just getting too cynical in my old age about how companies try to sell stuff.

Either that or i've been watching too many episodes of the X Files. :D

DarkJedi5
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey, anyone else having issues with the landing gears staying on? Evertime I pick the thing up and move it I loose 2 of them. Anyone know of a good fix for this?

obi-dad
08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey, anyone else having issues with the landing gears staying on? Evertime I pick the thing up and move it I loose 2 of them. Anyone know of a good fix for this?

I haven't put mine together yet, but if you read through the posts in this thread (I know there are a LOT), most people had this issue. If I remember the posts on this correctly, many have found that the landing gear are not all the same and if you play with where you place each one, they stay on. How you determine which ones go where, I don't know.

DarkJedi5
08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
I haven't put mine together yet, but if you read through the posts in this thread (I know there are a LOT), most people had this issue. If I remember the posts on this correctly, many have found that the landing gear are not all the same and if you play with where you place each one, they stay on. How you determine which ones go where, I don't know.

Thanks I'll keep "playing" with it. There really isn't much to go on, some are slightly different sizes and some have connectors which face the opposite direction otherwise, there's not much help.

bigbarada
08-12-2008, 12:35 PM
There are two landing gear that are different from all the rest. Most of them attach via a cone shaped peg, but two of them attach with a round peg.

There are holes for four landing gear on the back of the vehicle, you want all four of those to be the cone-shaped pegs. The single front landing gear should also be the cone-shaped peg. The round pegs are for the two middle landing gear. The hole in those is a lot shallower, so the round pegs hold a lot better.

The cone-shaped pegs fit fine in the holes for the middle landing gear, so that just begs the question of why didn't Hasbro just make all the pegs the same?

Tycho
08-13-2008, 12:10 AM
So you're picking your Falcon up and "flying it around?"

Hehehe. Great to hear about the kid coming out in any one of us.

I MISS 2 sound effects from the old 1995 Falcon: the alert noise (for incoming TIEs registring on the radar) and the anti-personnel cannon (underside) laserfire sound - which was what the old ship used for its firing sound sequence.

The BMF has no sound effect for the anti-personnel cannon (Empire Strikes Back).

Also, I still could nitpick about Princess Leia and Lando Calrissian lines.

LEIA:

"They're tracking us." - ANH

"Would it help if I got out and pushed?" -ESB

"This bucket of bolts is never going to make it past that blockade!" -ESB

"Some day your going to make a mistake and I just hope that I'm around to see it!" - ESB

LANDO:

"How could they be jamming us if they don't know if....we're coming?" - ROTJ

"Home One, this is Gold Leader." - ROTJ

"Break off the attack. The shield is still up! All craft pull up!" - ROTJ

"Engage those star destroyers at point-blank range!" - ROTJ

"That blast came from the Death Star! That thing's operational!" - ROTJ

"That was too close!" - ROTJ

"Yeeee-haw!" - ROTJ

DarthQuack
08-13-2008, 02:39 AM
I have to say, I was wallying through WM today....and I couldn't believe the size of this thing, and how it had handles in the side of the box....hugely awesome. Also the AT-TE was massive as well.

Ando
08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
So you're picking your Falcon up and "flying it around?"

Hehehe. Great to hear about the kid coming out in any one of us.

I MISS 2 sound effects from the old 1995 Falcon: the alert noise (for incoming TIEs registring on the radar) and the anti-personnel cannon (underside) laserfire sound - which was what the old ship used for its firing sound sequence.

The BMF has no sound effect for the anti-personnel cannon (Empire Strikes Back).

Also, I still could nitpick about Princess Leia and Lando Calrissian lines.

LEIA:

"They're tracking us." - ANH

"Would it help if I got out and pushed?" -ESB

"This bucket of bolts is never going to make it past that blockade!" -ESB

"Some day your going to make a mistake and I just hope that I'm around to see it!" - ESB

LANDO:

"How could they be jamming us if they don't know if....we're coming?" - ROTJ

"Home One, this is Gold Leader." - ROTJ

"Break off the attack. The shield is still up! All craft pull up!" - ROTJ

"Engage those star destroyers at point-blank range!" - ROTJ

"That blast came from the Death Star! That thing's operational!" - ROTJ

"That was too close!" - ROTJ

"Yeeee-haw!" - ROTJ

I think it would be cool feature if Hasbro had put a USB port in this thing for sound bite downloads you could pull off their website.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
I think it would be cool feature if Hasbro had put a USB port in this thing for sound bite downloads you could pull off their website.

Now that is a sweet idea. then you could download "don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and have leia do a dance for han.

Blue2th
08-13-2008, 11:43 AM

That's a great idea! :thumbsup:

My favorite lines in the Falcon are "it's not my fault" said by both Lando and Han when the Falcon won't go into light speed, with Chewey chewing them out in chew language.

Devo
08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Don't suppose they finally included the sound effect of the hyperdrive breaking down? The one that was also used in Raiders of the lost ark I think, and probably Robocop (Ed-209 shutting down). Its an iconic sound.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Don't suppose they finally included the sound effect of the hyperdrive breaking down? The one that was also used in Raiders of the lost ark I think, and probably Robocop (Ed-209 shutting down). Its an iconic sound.
When you push the start-up button, it occasionally "fails" and plays the failure sound. Where was it in ROTLA?

Old Fossil
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM

I want the whole "Beach Boys!" dialogue from that scene in Rush Hour, so I can recreate that awesome MySpace video of Lando and Nien Nunb!

But then, I'd need a decent Nien Nunb figure... :upset:

DarkJedi5
08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
I want the whole "Beach Boys!" dialogue from that scene in Rush Hour, so I can recreate that awesome MySpace video of Lando and Nien Nunb!

But then, I'd need a decent Nien Nunb figure... :upset:

Had never seen it so I tracked it down... here it is if you missed it too;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXNO4AIDFRE

AmanaMatt
08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Funny stuff!

Devo
08-14-2008, 11:33 AM
When you push the start-up button, it occasionally "fails" and plays the failure sound. Where was it in ROTLA?

I think it was used for the plane at the beginning when escaping from belloq's native henchmen.

Devo
08-24-2008, 10:32 PM
How come this thing isn't yet available from online retailers? I preordered from BBTS. I thought july 26th was the store release date for it - doesn't this mean everyone has it?

DarkJedi5
08-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah it's everywhere over here. I even saw a report on anotheR Site that it has even been marked down in some stores. I'm suprised they haven't shipped it to you yet....

JEDIpartner
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM
The Targets in my area haven't gotten re-shipped on this at all. I've only seen it at a couple Walmarts and a couple TRUs since 26 July!

I am going to try and use different versions of the figures (since they make so many) with an effort to wait for the Millennium Falcon battle pack since it comes with more gear and cargo to put in the BMF

Are they really putting one of these out?? What's in this???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Check it out, JP. (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29070) Old figures and old accessories.

Old Fossil
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Check it out, JP. (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29070) Old figures and old accessories.

They should've included Chewie's torch and goggles from the ESB Echo Base scene, which came with the POTJ Chewbacca "Mechanic" figure.

Blue2th
08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
If you are going to do some ESB stuff on the Falcon you also might need Bespin Luke. Anybody remember the Saga "Bloody stub variant?"

JEDIpartner
08-26-2008, 12:12 PM

Wow!! How did I miss that??? Well, it's not a terrible set. It looks like it comes with the asteroid scene gas masks. I wonder if those boxes have little lids on them or if they are solid pieces. Hmmmmm...

Tycho
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
It's a battle pack that's actually useful. What do you know?

In any event, I never would have guessed I'd be buying another Falcon, nor I'd be needing these figures, but here they are (again) and I actually need them (again). :rolleyes:

But like I was ever actually NOT going to buy that Falcon? Right.

mtriv73
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow!! How did I miss that??? Well, it's not a terrible set. It looks like it comes with the asteroid scene gas masks. I wonder if those boxes have little lids on them or if they are solid pieces. Hmmmmm...

If they're straight repacks, they have lids. I'd actually like to see 3 battlepacks like this, 1 specific to each movie.

Tenric78
08-26-2008, 01:19 PM
I pretty much stopped buying a lot of Star Wars figures, but I find it funny that the ones I need for the Falcon all came out during the period when I was buying doubles, so I have the bloody stump Luke and the Mechanic Chewie... I'll have to thank myself in the past for spending all my money.

TheDarthVader
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
I still have not purchased a falcon, although I will definitely get one eventually. My vehicles and motorcycle have been costing me too much money (maintenance and repairs). But I see that the Falcon has already gone on sale at walmart (125). Not too shabby. Maybe I will wait and see if it goes down more or ever arrives at Sam's Club. =)

Tycho
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
If they're straight repacks, they have lids. I'd actually like to see 3 battlepacks like this, 1 specific to each movie.

ANH: Luke Tatooine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2.

ESB: Leia Bespin Escape, Luke Bespin Duel, Lando Baron Administrator, C-3PO holding leg. R2 will have to be bought separately.

ROTJ: Lando General, Nien Numb, Endor Trooper 1, Endor Trooper 2

They're doing 4 figures per battle pack now, instead of 5.

ANH is obviously done. ESB could have a lot of options, but one thing they could do is re-package the BMF with Bespin Han and an ESB Chewie - maybe even one day updating the movie dialogue to focus more on those other movies.

ROTJ is limited because barely any filming took place in the Falcon.

Jargo
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
ROTJ battle of Endor Gold squadron Leader (Millennium Falcon):
General Lando Calrissian (pilot)
Nien Nunb (co-pilot)
Colonel Airen Cracken (Gunner) http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/22/CrackenEndor.jpg
Lieutenant Blount (Gunner) http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/0e/Lieutenant_blount.jpg

Devo
09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Finally saw this at retail in Ireland so I 'think' I cancelled my preorder with BBTS which will end up more expensive than the 199euros its on sale for here.

How does one cancel a preorder at BBTS? I went into my account and changed the quantity of BMF to zero then updated page - it now says I have no products on preorder. Is that enough or do I need to email?

JetsAndHeels
09-03-2008, 07:57 PM
My local Wal-Mart still has an entire pallet of these that seem to have been untouched. And to think I drove an hour one way (to Raleigh) on 7/26 and never found one, only to have an entire display of them 5 minutes from my apartment...which is where I ended up getting mine.

DarkJedi5
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Read about a guy on some otheR Site from Norman Ok, that bought three of them for more than 75% off, paid $32.50 plus tax.... I wish I lived in Norman.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
But why in the absolute hell would anyone need three of them?

DarkJedi5
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Cause if you sell one of those on eBay for even $50 less than it is on shelf, you've paid for the other two.

mtriv73
09-04-2008, 04:16 AM
How does one cancel a preorder at BBTS? I went into my account and changed the quantity of BMF to zero then updated page - it now says I have no products on preorder. Is that enough or do I need to email?

That's all I've ever had to do to cancel an order with them.

TheRealDubya
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Cause if you sell one of those on eBay for even $50 less than it is on shelf, you've paid for the other two.

Not only that, but even if this thing does end up being a retail dud for Hasbro, it will still be one of the greatest toys ever built, and 20-30 years down the line someone, somewhere will pay top nickel for them. And he will have gotten them for peanuts, relatively. If I saw these for $30+ on clearance, I'd get 4 or 5.

Ando
09-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I emailed the wife about this earlier today with a note saying, "don't worry, I only need the one you bought me" and she said if I found them for that price, she wouldn't care how many I bought!

If nothing else, they'd make a helluva good Christmas gift for $30+ each.

Tenric78
09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
That was a total fluke, because they were scanning at 150, but they were in the clearance aisle (from what I read). The person that helped him marked them down all the way to 30 bucks. I'm guessing he talked to one of the most retarded department managers ever. That had to be at least a stern talking to with management.

Devo
09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I now finally have this in my possession. My its a beauty.

Hasbro would be happy to know I paid 199.99euros - about USD285.00 according to XE converter

No point in saying much about it. What hasn't been said. A superb, could be slightly better* but only just, toy.

*due to no corridor into cockpit and from what I can tell it doesn't have that awesome Hyperdrive malfunction sound from ESB - which no incarnation ever has had. Is it copyrighted or something?

jjreason
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Mine's tucked away for my Christmas present, but I saw a custom painted one today (done BEAUTIFULLY - this was NO hack job) and it literally could have been used in the movie. Absolutely unreal - I'm SO happy with the new scale.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I now finally have this in my possession. My its a beauty.

Hasbro would be happy to know I paid 199.99euros - about USD285.00 according to XE converter

No point in saying much about it. What hasn't been said. A superb, could be slightly better* but only just, toy.

*due to no corridor into cockpit and from what I can tell it doesn't have that awesome Hyperdrive malfunction sound from ESB - which no incarnation ever has had. Is it copyrighted or something?
Which sound? There's a failure sound that sometimes plays when you push the engine start-up button right behind the cockpit; I don't know if you were talking about another sound.

Devo
09-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Its the sound that I'm pretty sure is heard each of the 3 times the hyperdrive doesn't work in ESB - I can only remember the dialogue from 2 of the scenes but here they are:

Leia - "they're getting closer"

Han - "Oh yeah? Watch this"

Malfunction

Leia - "watch what?"

Han - "I think we're in trouble"

C-3PO - "If I may say so sir, I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged - its impossible to go to lightspeed"

and then again when it fails on Lando-

Leia - "all the coordinates are set, its now or never"

malfunction

Lando - "....they told me they fixed it. I TRUSTED them to fix it. ITS NOT MY FAULT"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Ah, well, I don't have the DVDs with me (I'm at college). Are you sure it's not the one from the button I mentioned? I'm not remembering differences between the two.

Devo
09-04-2008, 11:35 PM
No the only sound I've discovered that could be even remotely confused with what I'm talking about is the sound that occurs before they escape from hoth - while they're still at echo base - so it isn't the hyperdrive. In the film the 'lets hope we don't have a burnout' line of dialogue announces it and Leia follows up with 'some day you're going to be wrong and I just hope I'm there to see it'. Incidentally I'm glad that sound is on it. I've just been hoping for years that one day they'd put in the classic mechanical sounding engine failure (each time heard from the cockpit) - and it just boggles my mind why its been left out in every toy - just like the TIE fighter wail.

Theres another engine sound on the toy activated by those buttons you mention but thats more an engine stutter - not even something I remember from any of the films.

Tycho
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Dude: It's way past the time we should have a TIE Fighter that makes that fly-by scream noise, as well as the rattlesnake laser cannon sounds.

That's 2 buttons, darn it! Two lousy buttons (or one - with the sounds alternating or something). Use the oldest mold from the vintage era for room for a battery compartment if you have to. Trade the mold's authenticity for the sound's. Let fans decide which one they want to buy.

But make an electronic TIE fighter already!

Blue2th
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Saw the BMF at one Walmart today for $100. I had no problem paying full pop for this, but I guess they are not moving fast enough in some parts.

The Build-a-Droid 2-pks were at $5.

DarkArtist
09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm hoping to get this for my Birthday this year. i might treat myself as pick it up. I've been trying to cut back on spending every week on new products( which for me is easy since I've haven't found much on the shelves - no sign of Wave 3 or of the rest of the comic packs).

so hopefully on 11/4 I'll join the ranks of the proud owners of the BMF

mtriv73
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
IF TRU still has it when I go back today, I'm going to get mine finally. I have a 20% off coupon from the sunday paper but I have to bring someone over 50 with me to use it. Luckily my Mom is taking care of my son today and agreed to meet me out there when my wife gets home from work. $128 isn't as good as the $100 or even $32 some folks have been finding them for at WM's, but we hardly ever get stuff on clearance around here.

DarkArtist
09-20-2008, 02:36 PM
well after waiting and holding out for awhile i was surprised today that my wife wanted to go to TRU to start Christmas shopping for some of my nieces and nephews she surprised one step further and bought me the BMF for my birthday. WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

she is truly the greatest wife ever. the other day i thought she'd freak when i said I spent about $120 on Wave 3 and Wave 2 of the Legacy and Clone Wars (a few doubles for troop building) and she smiled and said that's alright, you deserve it. I'm telling you I'm truly one of the luckiest guys in the world.

haven't had a chance to open the Falcon yet but I'll be checking out the ship tomorrow.

Tycho
09-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Happy Birthday Dark Artist!

Old Fossil
09-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Happy birthday, Dahk Ahtist. May the hair on your toes never wither.

DarkArtist
09-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys. this has go to be one of the best presents ever along with the Imperial Shuttle for Christmas and back when Jedi was in the theaters ('83) when Santa left me 5 boxes full of Star Wars figures along with an X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.

this is sort of a pre-birthday gift since my birthday is actually in November, but she said I can open it early and have some fun. She truly is the best ever:love::love::love::love:

cookiemonster
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Congrats DA and early Bday wishes, Mine is on Wednesday of this week.

And god knows what I am getting, but I think if I had told my wife I had spent 120.00 on wave 3 and wave 2, I would be in hospital now, lol.:thumbsup:

Ando
09-22-2008, 10:40 AM
My wife was good to me this summer, too. She got me the BMF for my "half birthday" (something I came up with when we first started dating so I'd have an excuse to buy her presents...) and the AT-TE for our first anniversary.

I know what it feels like to get random (pre holiday/birthday) gifts and how special it is.

DarkArtist
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Congrats DA and early Bday wishes, Mine is on Wednesday of this week.

And god knows what I am getting, but I think if I had told my wife I had spent 120.00 on wave 3 and wave 2, I would be in hospital now, lol.:thumbsup:

thanks Cookie,

my wife is actually alright with me spending money on Star Wars as it is really one of the few things I collect (along with some Lego, Batman, GI JOE and the soon to be defunct Indiana Jones line).

we had a small fight after Midnight Madness because I dropped about $400 but after I explained that I haven't purchased anything since February of 2008 she was somewhat alright with it. we decided a set limit per week / month and if I don't find anything in that price range I can use the new months budget plus the old month's to buy stuff.

well now the only thing left is the AT-TE (hopefully Santa can fit it in his sleigh) and the comic packs as well as any future waves (plus a few extra clones for troop building). so I'm thinking that I'll be able to save some dough till about early November unless Legacy 4 and Clone Wars 3 comes out early.

DarkArtist
09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
ok so after opening and playing (yes playing with it) i think the only flaws that I can see with the BMF are the Landing stuts (constantly falling off) and the fact that the gaming table is hard to fit a decent sized Chewie, Threepio, R2, Obi Wan and Luke and Han all in that Compartment without making it look so cramped.

besides that it's a master piece all around. I'm still in awe over the size.

AmanaMatt
09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I hope this is selling well; if not, this will be the swan song for larger scale ships/playsets!

pay full price, darn it! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
10-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I hope this is selling well; if not, this will be the swan song for larger scale ships/playsets!

pay full price, darn it! :thumbsup:

I think it is selling well as I have been to about six stores in the last 4 days and haven't seen it sitting on any shelves or discount isles. same goes for the AT-TE (which makes me nervous as i haven't seen one since Midnight Madness).

hopefully this is a good sign and Hasbro continues to give us true scale vehicles (however i think that if i buy anymore or ask for anymore big vehicles like this she may brain me.)

obi-dad
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
ok so after opening and playing (yes playing with it) i think the only flaws that I can see with the BMF are the Landing stuts (constantly falling off).

Hey DA, didn't see your comment when you first made it, but I've read multiple comments on multiple sites about this issue and that they all discovered that the feet aren't interchangable and if you put the correct ones in the correct spots, then they stay on good. Don't know how they determine which ones go where, but I hope that helps.

DarkJedi5
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I have the same problem and some one told me that some go right and some go left if you look at the plastic. It was kind of "duh" adivce. Some of them just won't fit in the wrong spot but most of them are pretty much identical. If there is a way to tell exactly where each leg goes let me know.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 01:53 AM
None of the legs on mine fall off, they stay on fine until they are twisted or nudged sideways, which is not that uncommon while picking it up, but I would rather have to replace them now than be bummed when they snap off inside the ship altogether.

BTW, I have a real problem with mine - I can't display it from the back, I'm just too enamored with the front. :p The front displays the lowered boarding ramp as well, so there's not much chance that's going to change anytime soon, but I do so love the engine look. Maybe I'll just buy 1 more. ;) (Ok, not really)

Lazer Brain
10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
i have been thinking on how i want to display my ship too. one option was in the stair well of my house there is a way to mount a plex shelf at the top so that as you are walking up the stairs you see the bottom and when you get to the top of the stairs you can look at it from the top, but it will take some more convincing to the wife. the other spot i have is in the computer room , and i have some mirrored plex i was going to put a table in the corner and add the mirrors so you can see all sides, but i will have to rearrange the room. so, for now it sits in the bedroom wating for its new home.ah its easier to play with there too.
later

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 03:36 AM
I bought this:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20114755

It's metal mesh on both levels, the lower level could theoretically be used for the Falcon and the top used as a table as there is enough clearance, but I just have the Falcon on the top of mine because it's the right thing to do and it was inexpensive. (The bottom level currently has the Power FX X-wing and the POTF2 A-wing).

And I put it just beyond the foot of my bed. And no, I'm not kidding. Yeah, that's why it pays to not marry. ;)

AmanaMatt
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I think it is selling well as I have been to about six stores in the last 4 days and haven't seen it sitting on any shelves or discount isles. same goes for the AT-TE (which makes me nervous as i haven't seen one since Midnight Madness).

hopefully this is a good sign and Hasbro continues to give us true scale vehicles (however i think that if i buy anymore or ask for anymore big vehicles like this she may brain me.)

Hope you are right! :p

Blue2th
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I bought this:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20114755

It's metal mesh on both levels, the lower level could theoretically be used for the Falcon and the top used as a table as there is enough clearance, but I just have the Falcon on the top of mine because it's the right thing to do and it was inexpensive. (The bottom level currently has the Power FX X-wing and the POTF2 A-wing).

And I put it just beyond the foot of my bed. And no, I'm not kidding. Yeah, that's why it pays to not marry. ;)

Looks like a good idea. I like the lower level for other things. You could get some poster board over the mesh if you wanted to put a lot of figures there.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Actually, the mesh is small enough that you can get figures to stand on it, I have a stormtrooper on mine under the Falcon.

Tycho
10-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Lazer Brain, I like the idea of the stairway landing for displaying the Falcon.

Indeed, when I can buy the home of my dreams, I want to have that kind of option myself. I'm not sure what I'll put there, but the Millennium Falcon is an excellent choice!

JediTricks: I can list so many more reasons not to marry :D

But in this thread, I will just compliment you on your selection of a cool table.
With your choice to display Rebel Alliance ships on it, the table is quickly becoming representative of an Alliance carrier, like Home One for example. While Stormtroopers are very cool, replacing them with Mon Calamari soldiers and Rebel Pilot figures (like from the new Evolutions sets) might turn that table into the perfect diorama! Don't forget a Gonk Droid!

JediTricks
10-16-2008, 12:50 AM
But in this thread, I will just compliment you on your selection of a cool table.
With your choice to display Rebel Alliance ships on it, the table is quickly becoming representative of an Alliance carrier, like Home One for example. While Stormtroopers are very cool, replacing them with Mon Calamari soldiers and Rebel Pilot figures (like from the new Evolutions sets) might turn that table into the perfect diorama! Don't forget a Gonk Droid!Thanks, it's a good table, can't go too wrong for the price or the look, it's clean. My thinking was basically to put all the Alliance vehicles down there, but the Y-wing's legs don't keep it upright, and it and the B-wing are further out of scale. Home One was kinda what I was going for, but no room for the Imperial Shuttle.

Devo
10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
The Falcon has obviously been popular out my way - There was about 4, now they're all gone, I bought one of them. The AT-TE seems to be sitting still. Methinks theres either adult collectors in my area I don't know about or impulse buyers who thought it just looked too cool to pass on - or....or kids prefer the original films over the prequels:thumbsup:

Karl Gone Gin
10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Evening everyone.
Where in live in Blighty, the BMF doesn't seem to be shifting at all.
All the TRU's have the same number on the shelves, (they have even reduced the display size in the one nearest me), Woolworths still have it, and Toymaster still have it.
With any luck they'll reduce the price after Christmas so I can pick up another one, after the grief I had with the one time fit mandibles on my first one I want a perfect unopened one as well.
I have mine on display on top of my unit in the front room so I constantly get to see the bottom of it rather than the top.
And to be honest , the bottom bugs me.
Anyone else think those "boxes" underneath, particularly at the front are too big? Well too deep really. It makes the bottom look a bit ugly.
And also why didn't they "weather" the bottom? There are lots of dirt/rust and laser bolt marks on top but not a thing underneath.
Oh, and I think the radar looks a little small compared to the scale of the rest of it.
Still love it though. I have Chewie, Han (bespin prisoner) & Leia (hoth outfit) in the cockpit, the Han that came with it in the gunner chair & Luke (T-16 model version) and Ben (no cloak) at the training ball.
I need a decent 3PO & R2

bigbarada
10-18-2008, 11:32 PM
I need a decent 3PO & R2

Seriously, the best Threepio is the recent "Ewok Diety" version. It's as close to perfect as we're probably going to get with a vacu-metalized Threepio figure.

My favorite Artoo is the 2006 Saga Hoth Artoo. It's the VOTC mold, but with weathering, so it's the best version of OT Artoo out there.

JediTricks
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
The boxes on the underside are oversized, it was the only way to get a play area into this thing, there's not really enough room at scale. The cockpit is oversized as well, but that's the price one pays for a figure-ready Falcon. The boxes don't bother me too much, they're on the real ESB version just not as tall, mine is set only a couple feet off the ground so I don't have to look at them too much.

The radar dish is a little small for perfect scale, but I don't think it's more than 15% off, it's good enough for what I want from it. Heck, any bigger and that hinge it's on wouldn't be able to support it at all, it barely does now.

I'm sure they didn't paint the bottom because of budget, they put all their money into the top thinking kids wouldn't look at the underside too much.

The mandibles IMO could be modified to not be 1-time-only fit, you could either bend out the teeth in the receiver or round off the peg's lip. I didn't want the mandibles removed on mine though so I just snapped them in.

Tycho
10-23-2008, 06:50 AM
With the economy turning the way it's been, I don't know if these big ticket toys will do as well as Hasbro wanted them to, over Christmas.

That being the case, I'm starting to lose faith that I'll see my Jabba Sailbarge one day (or even a Turbotank).

Old Fossil
10-23-2008, 07:16 AM
With the economy turning the way it's been, I don't know if these big ticket toys will do as well as Hasbro wanted them to, over Christmas.

That being the case, I'm starting to lose faith that I'll see my Jabba Sailbarge one day (or even a Turbotank).

No doubt, no doubt. 2009 and 2010 are probably gonna be slim pickings re: new SW stuff, especially bigger ticket items. The BMF and the AT-TE might be our last hurrah for a few years.

Val Da Car
11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I found a WM with the Falcon on special for $128.....I figure I had better get it now before they are gone.

Ando
11-05-2008, 10:20 AM
That's a great price!!!

JON9000
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Seriously, the best Threepio is the recent "Ewok Diety" version. It's as close to perfect as we're probably going to get with a vacu-metalized Threepio figure.

My favorite Artoo is the 2006 Saga Hoth Artoo. It's the VOTC mold, but with weathering, so it's the best version of OT Artoo out there.

Yeah, I think we've gotten the greatest 3po possible. I think R2 could still get better.

Val Da Car
11-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I went to shop at Kohl's website and saw the BMF there for $179.

Saturday was some wacky earlybird promotion so it was $143 and once you added it to the cart it went down to $122.

My wife had a 30% coupon in a flyer that come to the house when you use your Kohl's charge card.

This took the price to $85 + tax and free shipping.

Once the BMF arrives it will be a gift for my nephews...maybe.

Ando
11-11-2008, 10:01 AM
That's a great score on the BMF! Good job!

Tycho
11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone found that Falcon Crew 4-pack (Luke, Ben, 3PO, R2)?

I was waiting to get that to crew my ship since I don't really have figures for it since I'd never anticipated buying this product.

DarkJedi5
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Haven't seen that one yet but I have seen the Endor Bunker set once at retail. But for the most part it's still the two Hoth sets and the two Clone Wars sets. Hopefully those will sell through soon and we'll get back to the newer sets.

Val Da Car
11-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Was there a discussion on the Best of the Best figures to hang out in the BMF?

ANH

Obi Wan - Hologram
Luke - 30th
Han - VTSC
Chewie - VTSC
R2 - I have no idea
C3 - Ewok Diety
Leia - Early Bird?

ESB

ROTJ

Tycho
11-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Was there a discussion on the Best of the Best figures to hang out in the BMF?

I think so. But I'll go at it again - Tycho

ANH

Obi Wan - Hologram ??? - I think the one in the BattlePack will be just fine. I believe with softgoods, he'll be able to sit. The Ben figure from 2000's POTJ collection was not bad though.

Luke - 30th - I think the figure that came out in 2006's SagaII is the one in the upcoming BP. The articulation is there, but the VOTC one has too many torso joints. He looks odd and his shirt fits him oddly. The 30th in the TAC. You don't mean Phil Collins, do you? Ugggh. That figure was never to my liking.

Han - VTSC - the one included is pretty grand. I always liked the CommTech Han too - simple but effective. And if you mean the 2004 VOTC figure, that one looked great.

Chewie - VTSC - the Chewie packed-in is good.

R2 - I have no idea - I always liked the larger size of TPM Artoo with the rockets that came out of the wrong compartments. Maybe because he was bigger, he stood out nicely, in my opinion. I'm not sure what other R2 would be my favorite for the Falcon. It's inappropriate, but the Dagobah R2 was nicely done.

C3 - Ewok Diety - Agreed. His bending knees make him a great 3PO figure.

Leia - Early Bird? Not sure. I liked the Princess Leia Collection figure of the Senator from 1998. She might have done well with more articulation, but she looked pretty good.

ESB

Han Bespin could use an all-new sculpt. I hate to admit it. But he mustn't have a puny waist and legs!

Chewie's POTJ Mechanic figure is pretty good.

Leia's POTJ Bespin Escape figure is nice but could use more articulation and less pre-posing.

C-3PO stands pat with the Ewok Diety.

Lando's POTJ figure is better than his VOTC figure, I think. But the POTJ figure doesn't have as much articulation.

Luke Bespin had 2 good runs with the Saga Sculpt that was recycled for SagaII. (Battle Damaged and Clean)

ROTJ

The 2006 Endor Rebel Troopers came full circle having the articulation to sit-in as members of the Falcon's crew.

Lando General still needs a good figure sculpt with a normal-sized holster and a softgoods cape.

Nien Numb could stand a resculpt I guess. We haven't seen that figure since 1997. But I'm not in the market for him.

The Sandstorm Figures from the cut scenes on Tatooine of Han, Luke, and Chewie are cool. Let's see Slave Leia with protective coverings, and I think Lando Skiff from 2004 works alright. R2D2 could get one with his arcwelder (that he shoots Salacious Crumb with).

Val Da Car
11-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Tycho Thank you...

For ROTJ (ten) Nien Numb from the Evo set could be a good substitute

Devo
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Chaps, you know how we all love the BMF? And how of course we should...but..but..*shifts uncomfortably*..does anyone else really really wish it had an actual corridor leading to the cockpit? For me that one omission holds it back from being The Absolute Perfect Toy Creation. I don't care if it wouldn't have enough height for the figures - it would have looked cool! - with the Falcon wall decor (see the passageway that leads to the main hold) continued properly up the corridor - leading to a working door, even if it'd be too narrow for a figure to get through. I think its a huge pity that theres just a solid wall where the corridor should be. If it'd had a proper corridor plus the proper hyperdrive malfunction sound from ESB (the more obvious one heard immediately after every hyperspace attempt) this thing would have got twenty out of ten in my book. Without these I kinda sorta have to give it just 9/10.

DarkJedi5
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, of course I would love it to have the hallway but because it wouldn't support the four passanger cockpit, I can deal. It always bugged me that the cockpit couldn't fit all the characters like in the movies. The hallway wouldn't be where any "action" takes place so I can live without it.

Tenric78
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, of course I would love it to have the hallway but because it wouldn't support the four passanger cockpit, I can deal. It always bugged me that the cockpit couldn't fit all the characters like in the movies. The hallway wouldn't be where any "action" takes place so I can live without it.

Agreed. It would look okay, but it would be hard to fit a figure through there anyway if it was going to have any structural stability. It would be more of a hatch than a hallway. Maybe someday when someone invents a new kind of plastic we can get a hallway in our Falcons...

JediTricks
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Chaps, you know how we all love the BMF? And how of course we should...but..but..*shifts uncomfortably*..does anyone else really really wish it had an actual corridor leading to the cockpit? For me that one omission holds it back from being The Absolute Perfect Toy Creation. I don't care if it wouldn't have enough height for the figures - it would have looked cool! - with the Falcon wall decor (see the passageway that leads to the main hold) continued properly up the corridor - leading to a working door, even if it'd be too narrow for a figure to get through. I think its a huge pity that theres just a solid wall where the corridor should be. If it'd had a proper corridor plus the proper hyperdrive malfunction sound from ESB (the more obvious one heard immediately after every hyperspace attempt) this thing would have got twenty out of ten in my book. Without these I kinda sorta have to give it just 9/10.Kind of, but it'd be really short, you couldn't access much of it, it wouldn't have any play value beyond a door (don't get me wrong, I love working doors on vehicles and playsets), and it'd negatively impact the structural integrity of the cockpit. So if my choice is a smaller cockpit with less features for a working door and short hallway, I'll stick with what we got.

There are a number of sounds and lines of dialogue I would have liked to have seen. There's no proper "jump to hyperspace" sound, which annoys the crap out of me since it's on the OTC Falcon. No drop-down repeater cannon sound. It's missing the alternate quad-cannon sound. I also think the hyperspace light doesn't quite cut the mustard the way the OTC version did. But the BMF is still really awesome the way it is.

Tycho
12-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Leia and Lando's voices were omitted.

They could have at least 1 line of dialogue (or more).

LTBasker
12-09-2008, 07:32 AM
I got the BMF for my birthday and of course immediately opened that sucker. I'm still amazed at the size of the thing, although I'm a bit depressed from opening it. I figured it would be awhile until I got one and I could prepare a proper area for it, for now though I have no space to appropriately display it. I guess it will just have to wait on my dresser...which it dominates, and then some.

The stickers were fun, I always have a hard time with them and some areas were quite problematic. I've never used tweezers for them before but decided to give a try ,and fortunately this helped with many tight areas. I focused the most on well-seen areas, though, not worried about the areas you would have to be analyzing the thing in order to see them.

This behemoth is quite fun to mess around with even without figures, it has so many features that you can spend quite a bit of time fiddling with them. For me, one of the best parts about any toy is moving parts, especially realistic details, so the landing ramp is definitely one of the best parts ever. I never did like the ugly shell of a ramp on the old version, and generally opted to have it shut even when it was landed. Pretty much every feature I enjoyed on the old Falcon has been reinvented into something much more modern and exciting.

The cockpit is quite surprising in the tiny details they decided to put in it, even the little of floor detail they added. I'm having some trouble with the canopy, though. The plastic band squeeze it out of shape a bit so it won't fit perfectly, and the hinges need to be flared out in order to keep the canopy on. Since I don't pay too much attention to the cockpit, however, I'm not too worried about it. The rear landing gear are also problematic as they're easily prone to falling out if lifted. The forward one snapped in and has stayed solid though?

The electronics are actually a bit on the disappointing side. Although I love that the recordings are pretty clear as I can't stand it whatsoever when recordings are put on a toy and they sound like absolute crap. I feel the sounds are a little on the loud side, but I suppose to a kid it might be more enjoyable. One thing I was hoping, not really expecting, but still hoping for was a way to have the lights on without any sounds and to keep the lights on like the DST TOS Enterprise. The dejarik table, headlights, engine lights and ramp lights I would love to be able to leave on for as long as I wish for them to be on.

However, there is one thing that does greatly disappoint me. It really seems to have a ton of unused space in which they could have added more features. At the very least, I think they should have offset the batteries a bit towards the rear left-side, and made that empty room into the maintenance room from ESB where Han and Leia have their special moment. It would also be a good spot for an elevator access.

Aside from the previous mentioned desires, other additions I would make:
-"Repair" areas with removable panels on the mandibles
-A faux hallway to the cockpit (it would only go about an inch in) to add to the appearance
-Disguised button that can be pushed down in order to quickly deploy the underside cannon

Although, one of the most immediate changes I would make isn't even to the ship itself. Rather, it needs things to interact with! I would like some sort of mobile maintenance thing with some hoses so Han can properly work on it. And they really need to revisit that cargo ship concept that Kenner had in the mini-rigs day where the cargo ship would dock inbetween the mandibles. It really is quite a grand piece that needs some accenting like that.

Devo
12-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Kind of, but it'd be really short, you couldn't access much of it, it wouldn't have any play value beyond a door (don't get me wrong, I love working doors on vehicles and playsets), and it'd negatively impact the structural integrity of the cockpit. So if my choice is a smaller cockpit with less features for a working door and short hallway, I'll stick with what we got.

There are a number of sounds and lines of dialogue I would have liked to have seen. There's no proper "jump to hyperspace" sound, which annoys the crap out of me since it's on the OTC Falcon. No drop-down repeater cannon sound. It's missing the alternate quad-cannon sound. I also think the hyperspace light doesn't quite cut the mustard the way the OTC version did. But the BMF is still really awesome the way it is.

I'd have taken a short hallway over none at all - size matters not - every other interior is scaled down so sure we could expect the corridor to be scaled down aswell. And a working door is one piece of play value more than we got by making it a solid wall. As for access - theres not much access to the 'not particularly canon' storage area next to the medical bay either or any feasible space for Han to climb into the escape pod so I don't think that need be taken into consideration. Structural integrity is the only reason I can see for why we couldn't have the cockpit corridor. I wonder could it be customised? Not that it matters - I certainly couldn't do it.

As for other sounds and dialogue, these would have been cool but I guess we can't have everything (can't think of any Falcon specific lines from ROTJ):

'This bucket of bolts is never gonna get past that blockade' - 'shes got a few surprises left in her sweetheart'

'sir, the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field etc etc' - 'never tell me the odds'

'if I may say so sir, I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged - its impossible to go to lightspeed'

Proper hyperdrive malfunction sound (can't believe they didn't put this in)

*hyperdrive malfuntion* followed by '..they told me they fixed it!...I trusted them to fix it! ITS NOT MY FAULT!'

Would have liked the full sequence of dialogue 'R2 come back at once! You don't know how to fix the hyperdrive - Chewbacca can do it'

The quad cannon sound from ROTJ space battle (the one we have sounds more like a torpedo launch)

Devo
12-09-2008, 08:49 AM
However, there is one thing that does greatly disappoint me. It really seems to have a ton of unused space in which they could have added more features. At the very least, I think they should have offset the batteries a bit towards the rear left-side, and made that empty room into the maintenance room from ESB where Han and Leia have their special moment. It would also be a good spot for an elevator access.

Although, one of the most immediate changes I would make isn't even to the ship itself. Rather, it needs things to interact with! I would like some sort of mobile maintenance thing with some hoses so Han can properly work on it. And they really need to revisit that cargo ship concept that Kenner had in the mini-rigs day where the cargo ship would dock inbetween the mandibles. It really is quite a grand piece that needs some accenting like that.

Well I didn't wanna sound like I'm complaining too much but yeah there is unused space which when you look at the ship as a whole seems like a lot.

I know they wanted to add play value with the escape pod so I can understand it being there but I personally could have done without it in favour of extending the main hold - there just isn't enough room for Luke to feasibly swing a lightsaber without cutting someone in half. And the maintenance room you're talking about could have been put in via that side of the ship too. Again I know hasbro are making a toy here and not a diorama. I'd love to have the skills, means and knowhow to customise these things into it myself.

Good point on the mini-rigs. It'd be nice to get vehicle energisers for our fleets with attaching hoses etc. That along with other hangar bay stuff - ladders, floor lights, cranes&overhead gantries etc.

JediTricks
12-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I got the BMF for my birthday and of course immediately opened that sucker. I'm still amazed at the size of the thing, although I'm a bit depressed from opening it. I figured it would be awhile until I got one and I could prepare a proper area for it, for now though I have no space to appropriately display it. I guess it will just have to wait on my dresser...which it dominates, and then some.Congrats on the get! Make space now, it's worth it.

The rear landing gear are also problematic as they're easily prone to falling out if lifted. The forward one snapped in and has stayed solid though? You may have the wrong gear in the wrong spot, if they fall out when lifted then they're almost certainly in the wrong spot. I had the same problem with mine until I realized they needed to be moved around, now they stay in when lifted and put back, they only pop out when moved laterally (which is fairly common when putting it back :p).

The electronics are actually a bit on the disappointing side. Although I love that the recordings are pretty clear as I can't stand it whatsoever when recordings are put on a toy and they sound like absolute crap. I feel the sounds are a little on the loud side, but I suppose to a kid it might be more enjoyable. They had to use movie sounds, not source tapes, so they're pre-mixed and have music and sound effects over them. I know what you mean about it not being so great, but for me it's not so bad, I'm more annoyed by the omissions of certain sounds and lines.

One thing I was hoping, not really expecting, but still hoping for was a way to have the lights on without any sounds and to keep the lights on like the DST TOS Enterprise. The dejarik table, headlights, engine lights and ramp lights I would love to be able to leave on for as long as I wish for them to be on.Yeah, I agree on that one, that's how I felt when I first set it up.

I'd have taken a short hallway over none at all - size matters not - every other interior is scaled down so sure we could expect the corridor to be scaled down aswell.Not in height, in length. It'd only be about a figure's arm's-length, 2" at the most.

MASTER_JEDI
12-13-2008, 04:30 AM
I got this friday from amazon for $99:). It's already back up to $110 though. Heres the link guys..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013TO94U

Devo
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Not in height, in length. It'd only be about a figure's arm's-length, 2" at the most.

If you ask me thats an argument against there being any structural worries in putting in a corridor - since it would be that short. Although I disagree - looks to me like it could be longer. Either way I'd take it over what we have.

JediTricks
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
The cockpit itself is long, the hallway still has a context after all. There's also several electronic systems (2 lights and a button) to deal with. It'd be wobbly and twist easily without a central core, it might even snap off since there's nothing else holding the cockpit to the ship, so the interior would have to be strengthened with crossbeams which would then have to be covered with an interior piece, it'd then be very narrow. It'd be a lot of additional tooling and assembly, would probably add $25 onto the pricetag... all for a very short hallway that doesn't have a lift-off ceiling so it's difficult to access. I'm not saying I wouldn't want one, I'm saying I can understand why they put their budgeting into other features and let this one go.

bigbarada
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
The Falcon must be selling well, because my Wal-Mart got a whole new shipment of them in. I'm almost tempted to pick up another one.:)

Tycho
12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
What would you do with 2 or more BMFs?

I own 3 original size Falcons.

1) Escape Docking Bay 94
2) Arrival at Cloud City
3) SOTE: Escape Coruscant

I am transfering the Escape Docking Bay 94 crew to the BMF because most of the on-board dialogue is from that crew in ANH.

I'm keeping all my original size Falcons and hope to make a New Jedi Order (Expanded Universe) crew on the first one that will no longer be from ANH.

No. 2 and 3 above are hung from fishing wire when they are displayed as I want them to be.

I suppose you could hang the BMF, but it's 3 times the price of the OMF and I'm not sure I want to chance that to my skill at drilling hooks into the ceiling. On top of that - the BMF is a lot heavier. Sure, some fishing line is really industrial strength. People catch sharks and swordfish with it.

But I think 1 BMF is enough. On top of that, I want to display it on a flat surface so you can look into scenes created inside its holds.

I displayed each of my OMFs so you could see inside them - even the hanging ones - but I didn't have THAT many figures in them. By comparison, in the BMF, I'm going to have multiple Han Solos etc:

The gunwell
The smuggling compartment
The main forward hold (lightsaber training, chess challenge)
The cockpit

So that's:

4 Han Solos
3 Chewbaccas
3 Luke Skywalkers
2 Obi-Wan Kenobis
1 R2D2
1 C-3PO

But I might use the storage area and medical bay:

1 Bespin Han, 1 Hoth Leia, 1 C-3PO
1 Bespin Luke, 1 Bespin Escape Leia

It just might be getting a little too crowded in there. The ship is huge otherwise. To just use 1 of each character on board is crazy. In "Star Wars reality" that ship was meant to have a crew beyond just Han and Chewie, but Lando won her in a bet and lost her that way, too. None of the Falcon's late owners had money to hire a proper crew.

Chewbacca spent his vacation pay in The Star Wars Holiday Special.

bigbarada
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
I didn't bother to look at the price the other day, but I just realized that these Falcons at my Wal-Mart are selling for only $99.

Sooooo, does this mean that Hasbro has turned a profit on these vehicles and can now sell them at a lower price? OR does it mean that they're not selling well at all and Hasbro is taking a loss just to clear out the back stock?

obi-dad
12-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I didn't bother to look at the price the other day, but I just realized that these Falcons at my Wal-Mart are selling for only $99.

Sooooo, does this mean that Hasbro has turned a profit on these vehicles and can now sell them at a lower price? OR does it mean that they're not selling well at all and Hasbro is taking a loss just to clear out the back stock?

That means the retailer (in this case WalMart), not Hasbro, is willing to reduce their profit (or possibly take a loss, but I doubt it) to clear out some of these. Similar to what Target does a few days after getting a new exclusive, they clearance them out.

bigbarada
12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
That means the retailer (in this case WalMart), not Hasbro, is willing to reduce their profit (or possibly take a loss, but I doubt it) to clear out some of these. Similar to what Target does a few days after getting a new exclusive, they clearance them out.

Well, that's just the thing, this appears to be a new shipment. There have only been two of the Falcons on the shelves since September and now suddenly 6 more have shown up. Unless they've been sitting in the back of the store all that time.

Devo
12-15-2008, 06:43 PM
These seem to be selling well in Ireland - at my local anyway. Theres loads of AT-TEs left but from what I could see today no more BMFs. Kids have some sense. OT vehicles are far more iconic.

TheDarthVader
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I am still holding out on the BMF until it hits $79.99 or lower. =) Me smart.

mabudonicus
12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
MAYBE Hasbro is smart enough to calculate roughly how many people will pay whatever price they slap on it (with whatever "justification") and that number got surpassed- now they just want to move units to the average public. Maybe the bellcurve has hit the skinny bit ya know??
:beard: Iso&Baws

Oyes they got the people who would pay ANYTHING first

DarkJedi5
12-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Some one said it earlier; it's the stores that drop the price, not Hasbro. Retailers mark item up and if they want/need to really move product then they cut into that depending on how bad they want to move it. This is WalMart/Target/TRU trying to get people to buy big ticket holiday items.

bigbarada
12-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Some one said it earlier; it's the stores that drop the price, not Hasbro. Retailers mark item up and if they want/need to really move product then they cut into that depending on how bad they want to move it. This is WalMart/Target/TRU trying to get people to buy big ticket holiday items.

Actually the MSRP is set by Hasbro and that was $150. Wal-Mart is not going to mark a toy up $50, especially on an item as risky as the BMF. They have to get permission from Hasbro before they are allowed to reduce the price.

obi-dad
12-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Actually the MSRP is set by Hasbro and that was $150. Wal-Mart is not going to mark a toy up $50, especially on an item as risky as the BMF. They have to get permission from Hasbro before they are allowed to reduce the price.
Well, considering I don't work in retail, I really can't claim to have any knowledge here, but MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. I don't believe they need Hasbro's permission to charge whatever they want. They could double it or charge half. They've already bought the product from Hasbro to pass on to the consumer. So, it's their's to do what they want.

That would be insane if major (or even smaller) retailers had to contact all the manufacturers every time they had a sale to ask permission to reduce the price.

Blue2th
12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Oyes they got the people who would pay ANYTHING first

The faithful lemmings drinking the koolaid. :)

El Chuxter
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Simple. With the economy the way it is, people aren't as willing to buy big toys for Christmas, and retailers don't want to take up space with them if they're not selling. That's why the Falcon is $99 at some places. And why the $300 Kota the Triceratops has dropped as low as $99 in some stores as well.

Move the big stuff that ain't selling, and put in small stuff that will sell. It's basic retail economics.

bigbarada
12-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, considering I don't work in retail, I really can't claim to have any knowledge here, but MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. I don't believe they need Hasbro's permission to charge whatever they want. They could double it or charge half. They've already bought the product from Hasbro to pass on to the consumer. So, it's their's to do what they want.

That would be insane if major (or even smaller) retailers had to contact all the manufacturers every time they had a sale to ask permission to reduce the price.

That's not the way it works, because retailers and manufacturers need to cooperate with each other. If Hasbro continually loses money because Wal-Mart decides that they only want to charge half of Hasbro's suggested prices, then Hasbro is going to stop shipping toys to Wal-Mart. Also, if Wal-Mart is stuck with a large Hasbro item that won't sell, then they will have to reduce the price or they simply won't have shelf space to order other Hasbro products.

So, it's kind of a 'you scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours' type of relationship.

obi-dad
12-17-2008, 02:26 PM
That's not the way it works, because retailers and manufacturers need to cooperate with each other. If Hasbro continually loses money because Wal-Mart decides that they only want to charge half of Hasbro's suggested prices, then Hasbro is going to stop shipping toys to Wal-Mart. Also, if Wal-Mart is stuck with a large Hasbro item that won't sell, then they will have to reduce the price or they simply won't have shelf space to order other Hasbro products.

So, it's kind of a 'you scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours' type of relationship.

I was assuming Wal-Mart (Target, KMart, TRU, etc) buys the product from Hasbro and the retailer charges what the want (usually close to the MSRP). If they (the retailer, say WalMart) wants to sell the Falcon at $200 and they sell, then that's big profit for WalMart. If they want to give them away (buy 5 SW figures, get a free Falcon), then WalMart loses money. Either way, Hasbro gets their set amount of money based on the price they sold the Falcons to the consumers at. If I buy comics from one shop, and then charge twice as much to somoene else, or charge half as much to someone else, the place I purchased the comics from gets the amount I paid them, regardless of what I turn around and sell them at. I can't believe Hasbro's profit/loss depends on what the retailer sells them for, since Hasbro has already sold their product to the retailer at a given price.

DarkJedi5
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Granted I worked in a small, family business, but that's exactly how our store ran. We would buy product from the manufacturers, mark it up to whatever we thought it would sell for, and tweak the price up or down depending on how fast or not it was moving. We sold a lot of product that had a retail price printed right on the packaging, if we didn't like the price, we'd just put a price tag over it. The way bigb describes it it sounds like how a pawnshop works; you give them your stuff to sell for you and they take a cut when the item finally gets sold. I just can't see Hasbro doing business like that. I look at the Target battle packs where some Targets were selling them at $62.99 and others at $69.99? Did each of those stores have to let Hasbro know how much they were planning to charge for the set before hand?

mtriv73
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
..And why the $300 Kota the Triceratops has dropped as low as $99 in some stores as well.

Where have you seen a KOTA that cheap? I was going to pick one up for my son today for Christmas thinking $249 was a good deal at Costco.

El Chuxter
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Last Thursday, he was a "deal of the day" at TRU. I think he was about the same price Friday at amazon.com.

Currently, Costco has a $110 off instant rebate, bringing it to $139.99 if your Costco still has them in stock.

bigbarada
12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, I had a cool experience with my BMF today. I had it out on my coffee table this morning when Matt came over, to put some updates to the website, and he brought his 2 1/2-year old daughter along. When she saw the Falcon, she instantly recognized it as being from Star Wars and she squealed with glee every time Matt or I pressed one of the buttons and made it light up. When I showed her the inside of the ship, she immediately grabbed my Chewbacca figure and started trying to put him behind the chess table. But she didn't seem to like having the ship opened up as much, because she kept asking me to put the "lids" back on.:)

Anyways, I just thought it was really cool how recognizable the toy is to a kid who wasn't even born until after Ep3 came out. Just further proof that the magic of the original Star Wars never goes out of date.

Ando
12-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, I had a cool experience with my BMF today. I had it out on my coffee table this morning when Matt came over, to put some updates to the website, and he brought his 2 1/2-year old daughter along. When she saw the Falcon, she instantly recognized it as being from Star Wars and she squealed with glee every time Matt or I pressed one of the buttons and made it light up. When I showed her the inside of the ship, she immediately grabbed my Chewbacca figure and started trying to put him behind the chess table. But she didn't seem to like having the ship opened up as much, because she kept asking me to put the "lids" back on.:)

Anyways, I just thought it was really cool how recognizable the toy is to a kid who wasn't even born until after Ep3 came out. Just further proof that the magic of the original Star Wars never goes out of date.

I had a similar experience when I first got my BMF. My sister's family came over to check it out (her husband and I are both HUGE SW fans) and I had their son/my nephew lay on the couch so I could do a size comparison. He's 3 years old and is as tall as the BMF is long (small for his age). When he saw me bring it out to the living room, he looked up and said "oh, we play?". He recognized it because he got the GH version for his birthday and just loves it.

He also likes The Empire Strikes Back just like his dad and me.

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 06:21 PM
As to the question of what I'd do with multiples, I'd probably give them away as I would want to share the happiness I enjoy from mine with others.

Actually the MSRP is set by Hasbro and that was $150. Wal-Mart is not going to mark a toy up $50, especially on an item as risky as the BMF. They have to get permission from Hasbro before they are allowed to reduce the price.Hasbro cannot tell a retailer what to charge for an item, they've said as much, it's against the law. They can suggest a price, and the pricing is dictated in part by how much the retailer paid Hasbro for the unit, but ultimately the retailer can do whatever they want - if they want to sell them for a penny, that's up to them.

Anyway, Walmart is selling them probably at a thin gross profit margin for $100, probably taking a net loss after all costs are taken into account, but since the thing takes up tons of shelf and warehouse space, they want to make sure they keep them moving. So it's a good loss leader and it makes sense to keep it moving even at low pricing, but unless Hasbro lowers the cost to the retailer, you'll probably either see WM drop the Falcon after the holiday or raise the price back to the original level.

So, it's kind of a 'you scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours' type of relationship.Hasbro was VERY clear with me when they thought we were suggesting such a thing (we weren't, I made sure to clarify that I was referring to specific costs passed to the retailer which affect their pricing, but it required an extra bit of conversation because Hasbro wanted to make sure they were protected). What you suggest there is collusion, and Hasbro is adamant they are not colluding in or have any part of price fixing. Hasbro offers the item to the retailer at a specific price (like anything of this nature, the pricing is on a sliding scale depending on quantity ordered) and the retailer can then do with it whatever they wish, anything from selling at a loss to burning it to jacking up the price to stupid levels a la Kmart.

Hasbro of course considers the natural order of the market, as does Walmart, so buyers request that certain things do or don't get offered to fit their business practices, and Hasbro makes sure to be careful that they don't burn their retail partners with product they cannot move, but anything beyond the natural behavior of the market would not be lawful.

Anyways, I just thought it was really cool how recognizable the toy is to a kid who wasn't even born until after Ep3 came out. Just further proof that the magic of the original Star Wars never goes out of date.That's pretty rad, especially the part about putting the shell parts back on!

bigbarada
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
As to the question of what I'd do with multiples, I'd probably give them away as I would want to share the happiness I enjoy from mine with others.

Hasbro cannot tell a retailer what to charge for an item, they've said as much, it's against the law. They can suggest a price, and the pricing is dictated in part by how much the retailer paid Hasbro for the unit, but ultimately the retailer can do whatever they want - if they want to sell them for a penny, that's up to them.

Anyway, Walmart is selling them probably at a thin gross profit margin for $100, probably taking a net loss after all costs are taken into account, but since the thing takes up tons of shelf and warehouse space, they want to make sure they keep them moving. So it's a good loss leader and it makes sense to keep it moving even at low pricing, but unless Hasbro lowers the cost to the retailer, you'll probably either see WM drop the Falcon after the holiday or raise the price back to the original level.

Hasbro was VERY clear with me when they thought we were suggesting such a thing (we weren't, I made sure to clarify that I was referring to specific costs passed to the retailer which affect their pricing, but it required an extra bit of conversation because Hasbro wanted to make sure they were protected). What you suggest there is collusion, and Hasbro is adamant they are not colluding in or have any part of price fixing. Hasbro offers the item to the retailer at a specific price (like anything of this nature, the pricing is on a sliding scale depending on quantity ordered) and the retailer can then do with it whatever they wish, anything from selling at a loss to burning it to jacking up the price to stupid levels a la Kmart.

Hasbro of course considers the natural order of the market, as does Walmart, so buyers request that certain things do or don't get offered to fit their business practices, and Hasbro makes sure to be careful that they don't burn their retail partners with product they cannot move, but anything beyond the natural behavior of the market would not be lawful.

Thanks for the explanation, I stand corrected. So, if I buy another Falcon from Wal-Mart at $99, then I'm only hurting Wal-Mart's profits and not Hasbro's? Hmmmm, :twisted: it might be worth picking up another one then.

There were actually about ten Falcons at my Wal-Mart when I went there yesterday. So I wonder if they took some from Wal-Marts who weren't able to sell theirs and relocated them to stores where they sold pretty well?

That's pretty rad, especially the part about putting the shell parts back on!

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool also. Especially since that's the way I like to display the vehicle.

JediTricks
12-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the explanation, I stand corrected. So, if I buy another Falcon from Wal-Mart at $99, then I'm only hurting Wal-Mart's profits and not Hasbro's? Hmmmm, :twisted: it might be worth picking up another one then.Exactly, Hasbro's made their bank, so WM is the one eating any potential losses. If those losses add up to too much, it will hurt Hasbro and us in the long-run by WM having less faith in that type of product and ordering less next time, but that's only theoretical.

There were actually about ten Falcons at my Wal-Mart when I went there yesterday. So I wonder if they took some from Wal-Marts who weren't able to sell theirs and relocated them to stores where they sold pretty well? Seems like that'd be expensive, they probably increased shipment orders because your store shows increased sales on similar toys and they want to move more product out of their warehouse while the season is ripe. That's not to say "repack" isn't done, it absolutely is, but this would be the wrong time for that, it'd be better right after the holiday buying season.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool also. Especially since that's the way I like to display the vehicle.Me too. It blows me away when kids who weren't even around for the first of the prequels still make great OT choices, just shows how much that stuff resonates true.

bigbarada
12-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Seems like that'd be expensive, they probably increased shipment orders because your store shows increased sales on similar toys and they want to move more product out of their warehouse while the season is ripe. That's not to say "repack" isn't done, it absolutely is, but this would be the wrong time for that, it'd be better right after the holiday buying season.

Well, these Falcons are moving like hotcakes at my Wal-Mart now. They had about ten of them when I went there last Tuesday and I went back yesterday and there were only three left. Pretty good for a small rural town whose main industry is grain farming.

We had a big ice storm here today, but I want to try to make it out there again tomorrow just to see if there are any left. Seems like $99 might be the magic number for these.

JediTricks
12-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Dang, that is a good mover for the area. What about AT-TEs though, they selling those or are they stalled?

Devo
12-24-2008, 09:18 AM
AT-TEs don't seem to be doing all that well in my local in ireland. I'm surprised because kids do seem to love the modern vision of star wars with the prequels and CG show - it may not bode well for large prequel vehicles in the future if the AT-TE - probably the most aggressive looking, army compatible vehicle in the PT and Clone wars that hadn't yet been made as a toy can't sell.

Until relatively recently I would have bought it but my decision to quit PT toys nipped it in the bud. Though I was very tempted by the Padme evolutions set yesterday - excellent figures - of a really crap character but excellent figures nonetheless.

bigbarada
12-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Dang, that is a good mover for the area. What about AT-TEs though, they selling those or are they stalled?

They've had one AT-TE that's been sitting on the shelf for about two months and it hasn't moved at all.

In fact, this store seems to have "jumped ship" on the whole Clone Wars line. They sold through all of their figures and now they don't even have any pegs devoted to CW figs anymore, only Legacy and Saga Legends.

DarkJedi5
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I wish the stores in my area did that!

bigbarada
12-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, the last 3 Millenium Falcons are sold and the last AT-TE is gone, along with all the A-Wings, $20 vehicles, Battle Packs, and just about every figure except for one smashed-bubble Yarna and one Breha Organa. There's one CW Gunship left, but other than that nothing but role-play lightsabers, a couple of Clonetrooper helmets and Titaniums.

JediTricks
12-24-2008, 03:53 PM
The Clone Wars figures are selling very well here this christmas season, but I haven't noticed the AT-TE selling or not around here. I can't wait to hear what Hasbro has to say about these.

Tycho
12-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Hasbro will only say what's good political spin to encourage their share-holders (probably). Off the record, (by record, I mean industry trade journal or something), they might comment in our Q&A or at a convention event that the AT-TE DID or DID NOT perform well, and the large vehicles WILL or WILL NOT continue for that reason.

Meanwhile, I took my Han Bespin Torture out of his embrace of pain for a while and posed him standing on top of the BMF. He looks cool. You know how Luke posed by the moisture vaporator on the farm, and the Tatooine wind blew his hair? Han Solo can also have his moment like this - right on his beloved ship, using this figure. I may even take a photo of this. But he looks pretty cool.

THE Slayer
12-26-2008, 12:40 AM
I just got this for my bday! I LOVE it! It reminds me of being 5 again!

Tycho
12-26-2008, 04:38 AM
Happy Birthday Slayer - from one December B-day to another.

And yup: glad you love the Falcon. It IS a great toy!

THE Slayer
12-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Happy Birthday Slayer - from one December B-day to another.

And yup: glad you love the Falcon. It IS a great toy!

Thanks for the bday wishes!
I used to be on this site all the time. But things happened, however I am glad to be back! :)

I want to hang mine from my ceiling but the only spot I really have is above my bed, and I have a fear of things hanging above my bed!

Tycho
12-27-2008, 01:58 AM
I don't think the BMF is really for hanging. You can keep the older Falcon and hang it. The BMF gets some other special display place.

DarthBrandon
12-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't think the BMF is really for hanging. You can keep the older Falcon and hang it. The BMF gets some other special display place.

Agreed,

Scene specific like a Hoth hanger, Death Star space station or even on Tat from ANH.

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Hasbro will only say what's good political spin to encourage their share-holders (probably). Off the record, (by record, I mean industry trade journal or something), they might comment in our Q&A or at a convention event that the AT-TE DID or DID NOT perform well, and the large vehicles WILL or WILL NOT continue for that reason.We're on the record, Hasbro knows this, that's why some of their answers are cagey. If an investor such as yourself read their answers here and your investment choices were altered by their answers, and then it turned out their answers were knowingly false, they could be in trouble with the SEC. They can massage the truth, but they cannot falsify it, they cannot even strongly hint at something that is not true. I don't expect the vehicles to be treated as a failure, they are moving and were budgeted for possibly soft sales anyway.

El Chuxter
12-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Less than $100 (though not by much) at every Target I went to today. Still not low enough for me. On the off chance it makes it to $50, I'll find a way to make room for it. Otherwise, it's still too big.

Phantom-like Menace
12-29-2008, 02:03 AM
At $150 I wasn't going to get it, not because it was too expensive per se, but mostly because I'd already gotten two AT-TEs and really wasn't as excited by the BMF.

At $100 . . . I went ahead and snagged one. I'm fairly happy with it. I've only had it for a few hours and really haven't had time to enjoy it, but it is pretty cool. I'd definitely say go for it at this price.

bigbarada
01-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Less than $100 (though not by much) at every Target I went to today. Still not low enough for me. On the off chance it makes it to $50, I'll find a way to make room for it. Otherwise, it's still too big.

I'd highly recommend buying it. I don't think you will regret it. Even if you do, Wal-Mart has a 90-day return policy on toys, so you could just take it back.

I have it as the centerpiece of my living room, it just sits on the coffee table in front of my couch (but I have no kids or pets, so I can get away with that).

The longer I own it, the more I love it. It's actually completely replaced the original Falcon toy in my mind (I was never too satisfied with that one, even as a kid). Of course I could nit-pick a few things that I wish would have been done differently:

1. The storage compartments stick out too far on the bottom, but I understand that was for the playability factor. And it actually bugs me less and less as I get used to the toy. Plus it always amazes me just how much stuff you can cram inside those compartments.
2. I wish the cockpit would stay shut when the toy is turned upside down, but as this was never intended to be flown around the living room, so I can forgive that.
3. Ideally, it would have a hallway between the main compartment and cockpit with working doors. Even though it wouldn't really be functional, it would give a nice feel of continuity to the toy; but it's fine without it.
4. All the buttons, levers, and missiles which are visible on the outside of the ship where kind of an annoyance at first, but I've grown accustomed to them; so they don't bother me at all anymore.
5. Finally, my only real remaining nit-pick about this toy is the canopy for the cockpit. I wish it was molded in solid plastic with the clear parts as a separate piece (like the vintage Falcon); because the cockpit lights tend to shine through the painted areas and makes what should be solid "metal" appear translucent. However, if this continues to bother me, I might just paint the interior of the canopy myself to help give it a more opaque appearance.

DarthBrandon
01-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Love the BMF Falcon, by far one of the best purchases I've made on Star Wars merchandise. I picked up a second AT-TE for $50.00 dollars at the local comic shop, so it kinda makes up for the full price I spent on the Falcon.:pleased:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2009, 01:47 PM
I still haven't seen any of these of the AT-TE since Christmas, which seems to be a good sign for the future of the big ships.

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I have it as the centerpiece of my living room, it just sits on the coffee table in front of my couch (but I have no kids or pets, so I can get away with that).

I did the same thing, but mine is not exactly in the center of my living room. I placed it on a small table right in front of my couch, on the left side of my room. I like having it where I can see it...it was made to be admired.

The longer I own it, the more I love it.

Very true!! For something that had a $150 price tag at its release, I have had ZERO buyer's remorse.
It is by far my favorite vehicle in my collection, and one of my top 5 favorite pieces in my entire collection (including figures, playsets, etc). The AT-TE would have to get some special consideration as well. I hope Hasbro keeps giving us larger scale vehicles like these. If they keep up the quality, I will keep spending.

DarthQuack
01-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Anyone seen this on clearance at all? I'm perhaps looking for one...

Jargo
01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I was going to get one. but ultimately decided not to. I don't like the interior and I'm not paying that amount of money for a big lump of plastic that just sits around gathering dust.
I think if H make the sail barge I'll buy that but I don't see myself buying any vehicles anymore.

obi-dad
01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Anyone seen this on clearance at all? I'm perhaps looking for one...

I thought Walmart & Walmart.com had it for $99 before Christmas. I don't know if it's still that price, but I definitely haven't seen it any lower.

Major Karr
01-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Target was/is clearancing them out...I found one for $34.98.

DarkJedi5
01-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Target was/is clearancing them out...I found one for $34.98.
You must be joking. Under $35?!

Ando
01-21-2009, 10:13 AM
You must be joking. Under $35?!

Not a joke.

I heard this rumor, too. So I clipped the UPC from what's left of my Falcon's box and scanned it at Target. $34.98 was the clearance price. Good luck finding it, though.

This one moved real fast and people didn't talk about it until after the fact (for what seems like obvious reasons).

Tycho
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't get Target. I also would not be surprised if they don't just order more in and return the ship to it's full price.

Or perhaps Hasbro will change the packaging and / or / only Target will change the SKU for the new year, and the ship will be sold for $150 again.

But it's possible that Hasbro already made the money it wanted to on the development of this ship (I'm sure Mark Breadeaux got his paycheck), and Target finds it more cost-effective to clear shelf-space. Toys R Us will not though and I could see any left-over ships from 2008 actually gather dust there and stay priced at their $160 tag for the item. But their business model is different from Target AND if Toys R Us is making the right move, those that still want a Falcon will have to buy from them, as Target (and maybe Wal-Mart) will not be regularly carrying the item.

It might be restocked at full price (new SKU or new packaging, too) for Easter though.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I was going to get one. but ultimately decided not to. I don't like the interior and I'm not paying that amount of money for a big lump of plastic that just sits around gathering dust. It must be rough being all dead and black inside. :p

Jargo
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
probabably about the same as being a habitual pedant. :p

Kidhuman
01-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I finally got one for 60 bucks at WM on clearance.

Tycho
01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Please play with it and then share your experience with the rest of us.

Very soon it will be time for a snack and then to take a nap, before....fingerpainting!!!

Later I may practice with my training wheels.

Mvader91
01-27-2009, 07:59 PM
I finally got one for 60 bucks at WM on clearance.Whhhhaaaaaattttt!!!!?:razz:Nice good for you brother!:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
01-28-2009, 04:30 AM
Kid, can you keep an eye out for another one for me?

Kidhuman
01-28-2009, 04:55 AM
If I see anohter one, I will hook it up DQ, but its doubtful.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
That is an awesome deal, KH. Congrats!!

Fired up the Falcon this morning before leaving for work...I just wanted to hear the sounds and see the lights.

Still loving this toy!!

TheDarthVader
01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
I still have not been able to find a clearanced falcon. =( I have been patient so far...if anyone finds one at a good price, please buy it for me and I will pay you.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find a clearanced one besides WM or Target?

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
probabably about the same as being a habitual pedant. :p
You're right, I should back off the rules more often. I'll start by purging all your posts for no reason, that sound more relaxed? ;)

Jargo
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah, it's not as if you have double standards already, or anything like that. And it's not like you ever post a bunch of depressingly negative missives. Heaven forfend.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
You have a problem with me? You can PM me, or complain to Steve, or post it in the Comments/Suggestions/Problems forum, but enough of this, you've sidetracked this thread long enough with those shots at me.

And speaking of this thread, I find it ironic that you call me negative when my take on this thread's subject has been positive all the way. I think the Falcon rules.

AmanaMatt
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok, lets get this thread positive again:

Anyone that paid less than full price for this marvelous toy is a Sith master!!!!! :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I still have not purchased a falcon. I want one badly!! I hope I can still find one under retail, and then my patience will be vindicated.

DarthQuack
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm still holding out for one as well....really don't wanna drop $160 on this baby.....the TRU near me had a bunch in stock, but no price drops at all. The WM's aren't stocked with any either near me.

Tycho
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm proud to have paid full-price for mine and showed the retailers (Wal-Mart in my case) that selling large Star Wars vehicles was profitable so that I can plan on purchasing a Turbo Tank and hopefully one day soon: Jabba The Hutt's Sailbarge!

mtriv73
02-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I would have gladly paid full price if I wasn't moving a month after it was released. Luckily for me, the price wars started just as I was ready to pick one up. I thought $120 was a great deal for something as awesome as this toy. Even my 18 month old son plays with it every day. I had to hide all the missles and small parts but he loves working the ramp, shooting the guns, and making it "talk."

There is so much detail and fun built into this thing that I might have even paid $200 for it. (I'd want a dirty paint wash over the whole thing for that though.) The point is, if you find one and can afford it, buy it. You won't be dissapointed. And if you can get it for less than MSRP you should be even happier with it.

Maerj2000
02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I was seeing these at Wal Marts on clearance for $100, if any of you guys are still looking for this, I'd suggest start in there.

It is an awesome vehicle, I was about misty eyed when I saw that ramp come down for the first time and it made the sound. Ahhhh....

The thing I've been having trouble finding is the big AT-TE. I know I was readin gon here that it went on clearance for around $20 but I didn't see anything like that where I live. The Clone Wars stuff seems to be pretty popular in this area.

Darth Awgmon
02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
A few walmarts here in TN have lowered the Falcon to $64. Not many stores really had any left to clearance around here. Can't even find an AT-TE here at regular price.

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I paid full price and have no remorse whatsoever. The BMF is by far the coolest vehicle/ship that I own!!

Kidhuman
02-12-2009, 06:18 AM
I wanted one when it came out, but couldnt swing it with the kids going back to school and needing supplies. Then came Christmas time. I got lucky and found one for 60 bucks at WM 2 weeks ago.

Mirtez
02-17-2009, 10:35 AM
If anyone can find the BMF for $60. please let me know... the walmarts and targets and TRU's around me have no more and I am looking for one.. If anyone knows where I can get it please let me know. I live in VA around DC

Thanks

Slicker
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm hoping that I can find a BMF and an AT-TE at the local stores when I get home to Michigan.

Val Da Car
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
there is a Kmart by me that has one marked down to $128 but I haven't stopped there in while....maybe it has gone lower.

Slicker
03-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I actually completely forgot to check at my TRU or WM. I'll have to be sure and scope 'em out next time.

Val Da Car
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I did see them at TRU but I know in my area they have been clearanced out at WM & Target something fierce.

Slicker
03-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Then I'll have to make a pilgrimmage to TRU and WM tomorrow.

Daryl VayDar
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Y'know Slick, there was a Meijer here in G.R. that had the AT-TE for $50 about a week ago, and another that had several BMF's(not sure of the cost). If your area is dry, I can swing by those places to check if they're still around.

Slicker
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh, carp!!! I totally forgot that I was in Michigan therefore they have Meijers!!!! Thanks for the idea. I LOVE Meijer!

Daryl VayDar
03-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I checked on these guys, and the AT-TE's are all gone, there are a handful of BMF's...at the low low price of just 159.99- ouch!

Slicker
03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Ouch is right. I checked one of my local Meijer stores and they didn't have any of the AT-TE's or BMF's.

TheDarthVader
03-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I am afraid to say that I never found one on clearance. So I might have to do without the most important ship ever made. :( I can't go over $90 for this falcon. Oh well. No stores around me have any more BMFs in stock.