PDA

View Full Version : Another Rumor List

Jedi_Kal-El
04-09-2008, 08:15 PM
A new list from RS that has a wave focusing on the Vector series including KOTOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, and Legacy.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Rumor_List_For_The_Legacy_Collection_113781.as p

Sinscia Fat'o
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Zayne Carrick from KOTOR...WOW. I hate the video games but i dig the comic series and this is one of those figures i've been wanting, so i would be all over this one.

Celeste Mourne (KOTOR) She's a new character but a cool character none the less, i would have rather been Zayne's Snivian side kick, but i'll take her...Just make her better than Maric Brood Hasbro!!

Darth Vader, Had to sneak one of them in on us...didn't they? If it's well done and not just a rehash or the BAF rumor is true i'll bite...

Luke Skywalker, I just hope they chose one of Luke's better outfits from the series, and not rehash something old here. This could be a good thing though...Never know.

Cade Skywalker, a new out fit you say? Wow of all the EU character still waiting to be made you give Cade two figures in one year? Must be expecting something big with our Bounty Hunting Force user? Again i'll hold judgement until i see.

Darth Krayt, A natural fit, and i expected him to show up this year in one shape form or another, and he's one of the few legacy character i actually want to see get made.

Tailsmen Holder, I've only read the first two issues of this Vector stuff...and well i don't know who or what this might be so...Next.

Rakghoul, A cool little army builder figure. I wouldn't mind this at all.

HK-47, I hate the video game, but the droid is a cool character and i think he would have done great by himself...but hey whatever hasbro wants to do here.

B-Wing and Tie Predators are a easy pass unless we get some sort of cool pack in driver or pilot...at least for me anyways. Great rumor list can't wait to see if it's true.

pegger
04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
What's a TIE predator?

I liked KOTOR (the game) - so if I want HK - I'm getting all of them.

Colour me a dumb -swearword not allowed-

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Meh, again, I hate rumors.

Banthaholic
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
As some one that is reading all 4 active SW comic series I'm excitied for one of these characters Darth Krayt, but the others.

The best they could think of out of Dark Times was Vader? Come on I demand a revote.

And Hasbro, the company that will not give us a Cloud Car, speeders or other Real movie vehicles that we want will go ahead and give us more EU ones? Keep in mind I actively read and enjoy these comics. It's as bad as telling us there is no interest in beasts anymore than releasing a EU Rancor.

To say the least I'm disapointed. Keep the comics in Comic packs were I buy them. What is lacking seriously is OT merchandise? But oh yeah their research shows kids don't prefer other things to OT, the same research team that green-lighted the ever so popular Star Wars chopper line.

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I have a hard time swallowing the idea of Vector figures.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a hard time swallowing the idea of Vector figures.

Especially when there are so many movie figures yet to be done.

Jargo
04-09-2008, 10:25 PM
TIE Predator (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/ae/Legacytie.jpg/800px-Legacytie.jpg)

HK-47 (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c1/Hk47.jpg)

RahkGhoul (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/a4/Vector26.jpg/410px-Vector26.jpg)

Sith lord Karness Muur (male Muur talisman holder) (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a6/Pointyearedman.jpg)

Darth Krayt (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/7/7c/Darth_Krayt.JPG/640px-Darth_Krayt.JPG)

Celeste Morne (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c5/Kotor28Vector4-FC.jpg)

Zayne Carrick (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/af/RaanShelZayne.jpg)

Cade skywalker alternate outfit? (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/81/Legacy_1_Broken_009.jpg)

Mad Slanted Powers
04-09-2008, 10:41 PM
TIE Predator (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/ae/Legacytie.jpg/800px-Legacytie.jpg)

Turn that upside down and it looks a bit like the Aerosmith logo.

figrin bran
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I want the HK-47 enough that I'll buy all the other organic meatbag figures.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-10-2008, 01:27 AM
HK-47 needs meatbags for targets.

ChrisLyne
04-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Firstly I'm really excited about this wave and the characters. I've enjoyed Vector so far and it's nice to know we're getting Krayt this year.

I'm guessing Cade is jacket-less with lightsaber, but it's possible he gets a new costume in the Legacy arc of Vector.

This is potentially the first TLC wave I'm getting all of (depending on the Luke and Vader).

However, I'm a bit annoyed at Hasbro's use of the EU waves this year. I can understand TFU, but CW had nearly a full wave last year and Vector's 8 figures could have been done in 4 comic packs. The main line is the ONLY place for novel and game characters so this just seems like a waste of spaces.

That said I really am looking forward to these figures and I can understand Hasbro wanting to tie into Vector.

jedi master sal
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Action Figures
Zayne Carrick (KOTOR)-Meh, I'll prolly buy him for background filler. Not interested in the actual character.
Celeste Morne (KOTOR)-Okay I DO like the look of this character. I'll buy it.
Darth Vader (Dark Times)-gawd, another Vader? This I wil prolly pass on.
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion)-It really is going to depend on sculpt and outfit. I'm on the fence with this one.
Cade Skywalker (Legacy)-on the fence here too.
Darth Krayt (Legacy)-Absolutely. I really dig the look of this character.
Male Muur talisman holder-hmm, on the fence but leaning towards yes. At the least he'd make good background filler.
Rakghoul (KOTOR)-maybe, but leaning towards no.
Build-A-Figure: HK-47 (KOTOR)-Oh HELL'S yeah. Not the problem becomes if he is indeed a BAF droid. Then I'll be forced to buy the whole wave. Honestly Hasbro just needs to have six figures to make a BAF HK-47. SO they can easily toss out Vader and Luke or even the obscure Talisman and Rakghoul figures.

Vehicles
B-Wing Starfighter with Pilot (Rebellion)-Definite purchase. Hopefully now we get the human pilot here.
TIE Predator with Pilot (Legacy)-sure, this is a cool enough vehicle. Though they remind me of flies for some reason. I'l get one for the novelty of it.

Jargo
04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
on the subject of the B-wing pilot, I'm pretty sure hasbro said recently that after the updated Ten Numb figure from the rebel pilots evo set they'd cast the body in red and we'd get that as the next B-wing pilot. I'm sure someone will say i'm wrong but i think that's the info that came from Toyfair.
What i find strange is that they redid ten numb in the first place. as he's not in the movie. Whereas the red suited Sullustan is. Why not do the red one for the evo set and a human pilot for the B-wing vehicle release?

Phantom-like Menace
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I guess I've added Sith Lords to the list of figures for which I'll get at least one incarnation of each (It'll only hurt when they make **** Lord Douche Caedus), so Krayt's an immediate purchase. Any Jedi on that list are immediate purchases. HK-47 was unspeakably awesome in KotOR, so I'm more than happy to get him. Of course, I guess in theory that means I'm getting all the rest too, so oh well.

El Chuxter
04-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Earlier, I wasn't complaining about the idea. I think a 10,000-year crossover is silly, but, if they want to tie in figures, more power to them. I just don't think they will.

The only one of these I'd even consider buying, on the off chance this is true, would be Luke, if it's a good resculpt of a necessary outfit.

Devo
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
:zzz: :bored:

I can't believe how much EU they're doing now. Its really not my thing but if it means i can skip a few waves I suppose thats alright. Seems like they're really chancing it this year. El Chuxter on second thoughts you do make a good point in your new thread. Hasbro are doing a heck of a lot of stuff they've previously been too afraid to try. I wonder whats changed from their point of view. Maybe we should put that in a Q&A.

pegger
04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Well - the movies are pretty well mined for figs. Even with the polls we're doing - many of the characters listed - I don't even know and had to look up. They have to come up with ideas. I'm not a huge EU lover - but when it makes sense, they can go for it.

jedi master sal
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
:zzz: :bored:

I can't believe how much EU they're doing now. Its really not my thing but if it means i can skip a few waves I suppose thats alright. Seems like they're really chancing it this year. El Chuxter on second thoughts you do make a good point in your new thread. Hasbro are doing a heck of a lot of stuff they've previously been too afraid to try. I wonder whats changed from their point of view. Maybe we should put that in a Q&A.

I'll second that. We should ask why Hasbro has finally decided to move more in the direction of Eu and large vehicles when it's been apprehensive to doing so in the past. And along that note, add in, does this mean we have a better chance of playsets, especially if those larger vehicles do well at retail?

bigbarada
04-10-2008, 11:15 AM
on the subject of the B-wing pilot, I'm pretty sure hasbro said recently that after the updated Ten Numb figure from the rebel pilots evo set they'd cast the body in red and we'd get that as the next B-wing pilot. I'm sure someone will say i'm wrong but i think that's the info that came from Toyfair.
What i find strange is that they redid ten numb in the first place. as he's not in the movie. Whereas the red suited Sullustan is. Why not do the red one for the evo set and a human pilot for the B-wing vehicle release?

I've kind of wondered that myself; but that doesn't mean that I'm not excited for the new Ten Nunb figure.

However, to me, if Hasbro can resculpt a character like Ten Nunb, who wasn't even in the movie, then EVERY background alien from ANH and ROTJ is deserving of a super-articulated resculpt.

Devo
04-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Well - the movies are pretty well mined for figs. Even with the polls we're doing - many of the characters listed - I don't even know and had to look up. They have to come up with ideas. I'm not a huge EU lover - but when it makes sense, they can go for it.

You can't say the prequels have been well mined - as it happens I don't really care about that fact but its true. Theres an endless supply of background characters in the prequels when instead Hasbro have been focussed on guaranteed sellers like all the clone variations and other 'aggressive' characters as they're fond of saying. I don't think Hasbro ever will delve into the prequels in the same way they do the Original trilogy - theres simply too much and too much that got too little screentime...and the likes of the Outlander nightclub scene can never be as iconic for them to bother with the background characters there.

As for the OT I would buy absolutely any character no matter how ridiculously obscure. I want to fill my dioramas and make every diorama as close to how it is onscreen as I can. That means getting every character down to the third Mos Eisley denizen from the right. I know Hasbro will never make a simple Mos Eisley denizen but the point is I'd actually buy it if they made it. So for me even the OT is far from well mined.

Devo
04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I'll second that. We should ask why Hasbro has finally decided to move more in the direction of Eu and large vehicles when it's been apprehensive to doing so in the past. And along that note, add in, does this mean we have a better chance of playsets, especially if those larger vehicles do well at retail?

I was thinking that too, but they'd probably respond that the AT-TE and Falcon work as a vehicle/playset combo while, for example, a Star Destroyer bridge built as an independent piece would just be a harder sell. A shame because looking at the detail they've put into the Falcon interior I imagine they could really pull off the Executor bridge with great accuracy. It really looks like the ready-made diorama I would have hoped for rather than a 'playset' comparable with what they put out in 1995/6.

jedi master sal
04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I was thinking that too, but they'd probably respond that the AT-TE and Falcon work as a vehicle/playset combo while, for example, a Star Destroyer bridge built as an independent piece would just be a harder sell. A shame because looking at the detail they've put into the Falcon interior I imagine they could really pull off the Executor bridge with great accuracy. It really looks like the ready-made diorama I would have hoped for rather than a 'playset' comparable with what they put out in 1995/6.

Speaking of ready made dioramas, how about a freakin' cantina set? I mean really...

For how many cantina patrons they've made, plus the straight and curved bar pieces and the fact that it's an iconic scene, this would be an awesome set. Seeing the detail of the Falcon leads me to believe that a Cantina would be not just doable, but done well.

pegger
04-10-2008, 01:51 PM
You can't say the prequels have been well mined - as it happens I don't really care about that fact but its true. Theres an endless supply of background characters in the prequels when instead Hasbro have been focussed on guaranteed sellers like all the clone variations and other 'aggressive' characters as they're fond of saying. I don't think Hasbro ever will delve into the prequels in the same way they do the Original trilogy - theres simply too much and too much that got too little screentime...and the likes of the Outlander nightclub scene can never be as iconic for them to bother with the background characters there.

As for the OT I would buy absolutely any character no matter how ridiculously obscure. I want to fill my dioramas and make every diorama as close to how it is onscreen as I can. That means getting every character down to the third Mos Eisley denizen from the right. I know Hasbro will never make a simple Mos Eisley denizen but the point is I'd actually buy it if they made it. So for me even the OT is far from well mined.

But honestly - what is the difference between the second smudge to the right in the 10,000th frame that you can only see for a micro-second...and an EU alien that looks cool?

bigbarada
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
But honestly - what is the difference between the second smudge to the right in the 10,000th frame that you can only see for a micro-second...and an EU alien that looks cool?

"Cool" is a subjective term and what's cool to one might be crap to another.

One of the reasons that I like the OT designs so much is because they just have a level of refinement to them that you don't see in designs thrown together for a comic book, cartoon or video game. Plus, since they have to actually be created as physical masks, puppets or models, then the designs need to be grounded in reality on some level.

Comic books and video games are put out on such short timelines that their original design work doesn't go through the same intensive refinement process that the OT films did. This results in many of the EU aliens and creature looking "unfinished." Either that or they look too much like creatures from other sci-fi sources or, even worse, are just a mish-mash of existing OT designs.

pegger
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
"Cool" is a subjective term and what's cool to one might be crap to another.

One of the reasons that I like the OT designs so much is because they just have a level of refinement to them that you don't see in designs thrown together for a comic book, cartoon or video game. Plus, since they have to actually be created as physical masks, puppets or models, then the designs need to be grounded in reality on some level.

Comic books and video games are put out on such short timelines that their original design work doesn't go through the same intensive refinement process that the OT films did. This results in many of the EU aliens and creature looking "unfinished." Either that or they look too much like creatures from other sci-fi sources or, even worse, are just a mish-mash of existing OT designs.

I hear you - and I really don't want to get into an EU vs Canon debate yet again - my point is Hasbro is basically down to obscure background characters that are barely visible and EU stuff. It doesn't surprise me that more EU figs are coming out. (just as it doesn't surprise me that more obscure background characters are coming out). And at the end of the day - for the casual collector or kid - a barely visible obscure character that is practicly invisible is the same as an EU fig.

Devo
04-10-2008, 02:46 PM
For me the difference is that the alien seen for a micro-second in the such&such frame of ANH has more justification by default having been in the film. A cool looking EU alien has no real context since it was never committed to screen and, to me, would stick out like a sore thumb in an actual canon-based diorama. Maybe its due to a lack of an imagination of my own but I just don't see the point in EU figures. Even if they're sourced from something visual like a graphic novel - Hasbro will never make enough to create a decent diorama. Then again if you don't bother with dioramas and you display each figure as though it is standalone, on its own merits, then I suppose this isn't necessarily a problem.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
For me the difference is that the alien seen for a micro-second in the such&such frame of ANH has more justification by default having been in the film. A cool looking EU alien has no real context since it was never committed to screen and, to me, would stick out like a sore thumb in an actual canon-based diorama. Maybe its due to a lack of an imagination of my own but I just don't see the point in EU figures. Even if they're sourced from something visual like a graphic novel - Hasbro will never make enough to create a decent diorama. Then again if you don't bother with dioramas and you display each figure as though it is standalone, on its own merits, then I suppose this isn't necessarily a problem.

I really don't know what to say here as I really hope this wave is true as i've really got into the whole Vector series, as it's one of three comics i now ready...it was thrity this time last year, but i've found myself reading the last two issues of vector close to about ten times a piece just because of the action and sequence of characterzation, if you read KOTOR #1 to now, then the character of Zayne is truly a great character as you can watch him really grow up. I take my hat off to dark horse for that series as it's the best written series i've read since Frank Miller's run on Daredevil. (Which is the best of all time hand's down!)

Though all this negative remarks should be at least thought about logically, and looked at with business sense.

What's left of the OT? Resculpts of main characters, and minor EU created back ground characters, which you guys got Yarna... Allow some of us to get characters we want, and be happy!! i didn't hear any one bash Hasbro for making Yarna, as much as i question the why factor of it...I'm happy for her fan's for the character being made.

Again I ask what's left of the OT? RESCULPTS! Of main characters and a few POTF2 era aliens are really all that's truly needed. Do I want a Jess figure SURE! Can I live if Hasbro never makes her...Yeah. Do I want Jedi Knight #2 from Yoda and 3 over from Mace in the arena scene...Sure do! But can i live without he/she/it? Yeah. I gurantee if you took the OT espically and really looked for depth of characters to make that could appeal to caual collectors,kids and us Uber people, you could make at most three waves of 6 figures. ROTJ having the most left to get from...and those my friends would be Jabba's people and ewoks...Bloody Ewoks.

Let's look at the PT, does it have Icons like the OT...No we have Obi Wan, who will be done before 2010...anakin...who we need like what a good TPM sculpt to be done with...Padme..Do we really need ALL of her dresses? Come on! Padme or Nomi Sunrider...Who's going to have more appeal? A broad in a peacock dress sporting a honey bun hair style or a lightsaber wielding jedi knight/master... Who's one bad Motha (Shut my mouth.) And we have the outlander club patrons...who are mostly human...and crew members. Do we need those, or do want Vong...because even the Mos Eisly scene is almost done. (And even i know that 99.8% of those characters will be made.) So they don't count in that question but even i would take a new EU style alien such as a real sith or a vong over a new duros, or a Talz...or whatever else is left for them to make.

My point is EU waves make more sense as there is more there to do and work with. Mandalorien Warriors, new aliens, new jedi, new troopers, and droids...what's left from our movies background people that kids don't care about. and if i had to chose...i would vote against. Kudos to hasbro for making this wave if it's true.

Jargo
04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
personally i don't want any sith or vong or jedi or bizarro troopers or stuff like the TIE predator. Darth Krayt looks like something from Conan the barbarian or Willow it has a zero star wars feel to the design. it's over designed and over the top.
I don't want that i want the star wars i was introduced to as a kid. as far as i'm concerned there are six movies and a possible tv show. if it wasn't live action i don't want to know. it's as simple as that. I like the look of one or two of the latest comic book figures but i won't buy them. I have no desire for them. I'll take every 'obscure' movie character you can throw at me though. point is they aren't obscure to me because i've been looking at pictures of the cantina aliens or jabbas palace aliens since I was a kid. they are ingrained in my mind. that's what I want as figures and I have no interest in anything outside of the two trilogies and depending on what it's like the tv show. the background characters and ships and places of the live action star wars is my EU. don't need or want anything else.

bigbarada
04-10-2008, 04:35 PM
personally i don't want any sith or vong or jedi or bizarro troopers or stuff like the TIE predator. Darth Krayt looks like something from Conan the barbarian or Willow it has a zero star wars feel to the design. it's over designed and over the top.
I don't want that i want the star wars i was introduced to as a kid. as far as i'm concerned there are six movies and a possible tv show. if it wasn't live action i don't want to know. it's as simple as that. I like the look of one or two of the latest comic book figures but i won't buy them. I have no desire for them. I'll take every 'obscure' movie character you can throw at me though. point is they aren't obscure to me because i've been looking at pictures of the cantina aliens or jabbas palace aliens since I was a kid. they are ingrained in my mind. that's what I want as figures and I have no interest in anything outside of the two trilogies and depending on what it's like the tv show. the background characters and ships and places of the live action star wars is my EU. don't need or want anything else.

I would echo these sentiments. Except I would add the two Ewok TV specials and the Droids and Ewoks cartoons to my list of wanted figures.

But I guess if Hasbro making "Darth Rob-Liefeld-Overkill" or Luke's grandkid will make it possible that we'll see a Chukha-Trok or Princess Kneesa action figure at some point in the future, then I guess I can live with it. Just don't expect me to buy any of them.

El Chuxter
04-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Hasbro would not make a Chukha-Trok figure.

A Chukha-Trok figure would make Hasbro.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Eh, I can't really get excited about any of these, except maybe Luke or Vader. I don't know how much longer I will buy the EU stuff . . .

bigbarada
04-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Hasbro would not make a Chukha-Trok figure.

A Chukha-Trok figure would make Hasbro.

Hasbro knows that any mistakes or inaccuracies in a Chukha-Trok figure would bring the wrath of Chukha-Trok down upon them. That's why they've been hesitant so far and they're still not sure if 13 years of making Star Wars figures has been enough practice for what will ultimately be their masterpiece.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Hasbro knows that any mistakes or inaccuracies in a Chukha-Trok figure would bring the wrath of Chukha-Trok down upon them. That's why they've been hesitant so far and they're still not sure if 13 years of making Star Wars figures has been enough practice for what will ultimately be their masterpiece.

Or maybe they have yet to find a sculptor that's up to the challenge.

Devo
04-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm not begrudging anyone their EU figures, indeed I see they're being very well done and can appreciate their appeal each on their own merits. I'm also relieved that not every wave this year is a must-buy for me. Between that new Falcon, those star wars figures I do plan on buying and my Hot Toys 1/6th scale figures theres going to be a lot of expenditure as it is.

I don't agree that there are only resculpts left to do for the OT. Theres still tonnes of unproduced aliens&spacers, some unproduced droids and required droid repaints and imperial and rebel personel that could be made to complete dioramas that some people have been building since the eighties...me since the nineties. The films are the originators of all this EU and I don't see why anyone should be dismissive of their continued toy potential.

The whole film VS EU debate, for me, boils down to the type of collector I am and what I do with my toys. I like everything I purchase to have a prior existing context, diorama potential - EU stuff doesn't have much context IMO. I find most of it uncompatible with my film-based dioramas. Of all my toy shelves it is those shelves where I've just got a bunch of figures lined up without any seeming 'belonging' to any particular scene that I find least impressive and which I intend for relegation to a box under my bed when the time comes that space requirements demand it. This would be the case with EU stuff - I find it all very random - and as I said in my other post - its doubtful that Hasbro will make enough from any one EU source to truly give it a tangible context...cool though the individual figures may be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I like everything I purchase to have a prior existing context, diorama potential - EU stuff doesn't have much context IMO.
I agree here. This is why I like the Comic Packs, though, since usually I have no idea where in the hell an EU character comes from (unless I check Wookieepedia). I would actually really like it if they kept EU figures to be only in the Comic Pack line.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-11-2008, 01:08 AM
I think the Cantina characters stand out more because that was an iconic scene and the camera actually was focusing on many of the characters, even if only for a brief time. Jabba's Palace characters were a little less memorable for me because they didn't focus on those as much. The camera was focused on the action of the main characters, so I wasn't paying as much attention to what was going on in the background.

The Outlander Club characters are even less memorable because it was so much more crowded and things went by much faster. Most of the characters were human or near human, so I mainly noticed the attractive women. Even then, I didn't really remember them. They didn't get my attention until I was researching for the figure poll.

I don't agree that there are only resculpts left to do for the OT. Theres still tonnes of unproduced aliens&spacers, some unproduced droids and required droid repaints and imperial and rebel personel that could be made to complete dioramas that some people have been building since the eighties...me since the nineties. The films are the originators of all this EU and I don't see why anyone should be dismissive of their continued toy potential.

The whole film VS EU debate, for me, boils down to the type of collector I am and what I do with my toys. I like everything I purchase to have a prior existing context, diorama potential - EU stuff doesn't have much context IMO. I find most of it uncompatible with my film-based dioramas. Of all my toy shelves it is those shelves where I've just got a bunch of figures lined up without any seeming 'belonging' to any particular scene that I find least impressive and which I intend for relegation to a box under my bed when the time comes that space requirements demand it. This would be the case with EU stuff - I find it all very random - and as I said in my other post - its doubtful that Hasbro will make enough from any one EU source to truly give it a tangible context...cool though the individual figures may be.

A lot of it is about the type of collector and what will sell. There are plenty of options available for movie figures, but based on reactions to some of them both in our polls and Rebelscum's polls, a lot of people aren't interested in a lot of them. Many people want still want resculpts of main characters, and those are also what is going to sell to the casual collector and kids. Many people want EU figures, and a lot of them will have a "cool" factor with kids when compared to background characters from the movies.

That being said, I'll buy both the obscure movie figures and the EU figures, many of which I'm not too familiar with because I've yet to read much of the comics and I've not yet got into the NJO era and beyond either.

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 01:34 AM
I guess it never really dawned on me that the Ewok films and Droids and Ewoks cartoons would be considered EU. So if that is the case, then there is a looooong list of EU figures that I would like to see made from those sources.

So, yes, I would rather have a Jann Tosh or Thall Joben before another ANH Han Solo figure. I guess that puts me in the same boat.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
One of the things that killed me in Diorama building was the fact that certain characters that were missing made the scene feel vacant or less than appealing...As fun and rewarding and visually attractive as diorama building is, it's a pain in the behind to get and keep going, because there's always a piece missing. Which is why i have abandoned this practice for now, and go for the book shelf by movie way of organization of my collection. I have my TPM shelf, my AOTC shelf, my ROTS shelf, two shelves of ANH, ESB, ROTJ and then i have my EU shelf...and i have my ultrarama with four different EU scenes either waiting to be made...or finished. So yes EU scene building is hard and often more frustrating but it is very possiable. As several Legacy era figures are coming, NJO ERA figures are coming, Dark Times, ETC...so it's not hard, just requires more waiting than Ot or PT themes.

And even I not a fan of anything Ewok other than a dead ewok...would rather see anyone from the Ewok or droids cartoon over another ANH Han!

I don't think the movies be it OT or PT will ever be gone from the line. I do think it will be scaled back a little by little as the line go forward. (And when I say PT i mean the PT movies...not the animation, or TV series.) It's a natural evolution of things, but it's Hasbro's dumb founded lack of reason for not making figures like Guri, Kun, Sadow, C'Both, Palleon, Leebo, ETC until now in this current era of the line were in...(And a lot of those figures aren't confirmed their just naturals to be coming next...)

Devo
04-13-2008, 10:50 AM
One of the things that killed me in Diorama building was the fact that certain characters that were missing made the scene feel vacant or less than appealing...As fun and rewarding and visually attractive as diorama building is, it's a pain in the behind to get and keep going, because there's always a piece missing. Which is why i have abandoned this practice for now, and go for the book shelf by movie way of organization of my collection. I have my TPM shelf, my AOTC shelf, my ROTS shelf, two shelves of ANH, ESB, ROTJ and then i have my EU shelf

Then I can understand to some degree why you are enjoying EU figures. They are good figures as far as I can see, Hasbro is really taking care in making them. They'll look good all lined up if thats your chosen mode of display. I chimed in in this thread because I saw 'new rumor list' and I hoped to see a few new OT characters, instead seeing more EU piled onto an already remarkably large list. I just prefer dioramas, mimicking onscreen scenes, and yes Hasbro is stringing us along - never allowing us to actually complete a scene giving us only one or two figures from any one scene per year. For me it doesn't take away from the fun of it, the satisfaction gets 'a little bit more' with every 2 cantina figures we get....and then you look at the lists of characters still unmade. A bit daunting, but I'm just glad such characters are being made at all - its one of the things that fascinated me about the vintage line before POTF2 started - all those characters who were barely onscreen managed to have figures made - and the modern line has by now far surpassed even that and I hope it continues to.....unless of course it just dies which won't be a terrible thing in terms of my financial and living situation.

DarthBrandon
04-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I've been slowing down on basic figures as of late, if something looks cool enough or captures my attention I'll most likely buy it, but I'm really not interested enough right now to get excited on any of these.

dindae
04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I like the comic series but I doubt I will get all of these.

Krayt - I will buy him. I don't care for his origin but as the main evil of the story I will pick him up

Cade - I'm not sure on this one. Since I will get the comic 2 pack I don't know if I want two.

Zayne - definate buy. I love this comic. I'm eager to get the main heroes.

Celeste - I don't think I will get this one unless the story line really grabs me.

Luke - I doubt it.

vader - no

talisman guy - no

rakghoul - no

RG-47 - played the game but for me I didn't really find it something I got involved in.

B-wing - pass

TIE Predator - pass

As a collector my focus is on the movies now. For me the OT is down to bit parts and split second characters. The PT has more since there are a some main character I would like to see resculpted but I don't want the depth of background characters that I do in the OT. As for EU I will pick up characters here and there but mainly looking for recurring characters that I have grown attached to.