PDA

View Full Version : News from HBO

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Well, I was speaking with the BO rep last week and got some good news and bad news for us HBO TV lovers

Bad News

The Deadwood movies have been scrapped. They will not be done. The actors have moved on to other projects.

The Wire is done officially. They will not bring it back at all under any circumstances.

Good News

Flight of The Concords is back next year

Big Love is back next year

Curb your Enthusiasm is also coming back again. I thought this one was gone. He swears it is not.

David Milch is working on another project. He said it was one of two things, one being a 70's style psychedelic cop show. I dont remember the other one

Also the guy who did 6 feet under is doing another show.

I know of the shows is starring Anna Paquin. I dont remember if it is one mentioned or one I didnt mention and forgot. I am thinking the one from the guy who did 6 Feet Under

Hopefully that makes a few of us happy. I know I am looking forward to Flight, Big Love and Curb(if true). Milchs' show sounds pretty sweet also.

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Any news on The Pacific? Its the same crew that did Band of Brothers. I think its supposed to come out in September of '09.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-09-2008, 09:10 PM
No Deadwood movies??? I spit on HBO!!! They should have just kept it going for one or two more seasons, and given it the ending it deserved.:mad:

JimJamBonds
04-09-2008, 09:21 PM
While I would have loved for the series to continue it did stop at a 'goof place' if you think about it.

jjreason
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
It wasn't a feel good ending, that's for sure, but NO ONE will ever be able to claim that it overstayed its welcome.

I miss Deadwood - so much so that I'm going to buy the whole series on Blu-Ray if they decide to put them out in that format.

2-1B
04-09-2008, 10:22 PM
"I'd like the ball scores a little more f***in' prompt."

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
If you talk to that guy again, tell him we're all sending him some poop.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
If you talk to that guy again, tell him we're all sending him some poop.

Tell him I said the big wigs at HBO are **** Suckers(ala Mr. Woo) while you're at it.

JimJamBonds
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
It wasn't a feel good ending, that's for sure...

If you know the history of Deadwood it wasn't a feel good story.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
If you know the history of Deadwood it wasn't a feel good story.

I have several books on Deadwood and no it wasn't a feel good story. Alot of what is in the show is fiction too, but it was a darned good show anyway. Alot more to it than what they ended it with though.

JimJamBonds
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I have several books on Deadwood and no it wasn't a feel good story. Alot of what is in the show is fiction too, but it was a darned good show anyway. Alot more to it than what they ended it with though.

I agree 100%.

El Chuxter
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
As a narrative, it's too obvious that they expected a Season 4. There were way too many dangling plot threads left unresolved. And a good deal more history to delve into.

Did you know that, after a couple of failed marriages and a daughter or two, Calamity Jane wound up as a "dancer" (euphemism for prostitute) in Al Swearengen's place? Neither did I.

Kidhuman
04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
They had already wrapped up season 3 and couldnt go back wen season 4 was scarpped. Milch got P.O'd because they moved Deadwood back to start Big Love and it threw the filming time off on it with the actors doing other things and Milch starting John from Cincinatti. They aired Big Love after the Sopranos that season to try and steal ratings from Desperate Housewives.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-11-2008, 07:53 AM
As a narrative, it's too obvious that they expected a Season 4. There were way too many dangling plot threads left unresolved. And a good deal more history to delve into.

Did you know that, after a couple of failed marriages and a daughter or two, Calamity Jane wound up as a "dancer" (euphemism for prostitute) in Al Swearengen's place? Neither did I.

There are alot of really good sites online devoted to Deadwood. One of which list the differences between what happend in the show compared to how it happend for real. There's also alot of really good books you can read on the subject. In fact, there's one that David Milch wrote himself shortly before the series was cancelled.

JimJamBonds
04-12-2008, 04:29 AM

Yes.... yes I did. :D