PDA

View Full Version : Bigger bubbles = More Garbage?

Lman316
02-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Not necessarily. There are probably not a lot of people who care, but I did hear some complaints that these bigger bubbles will just add to your garbage and just add more waste to the world.
Well, I wrote to Hasbro about it yesterday, and received a response today. It turns out that all their plastics are 100% recyclable. So, the cards can be recycled and now we know that the bubbles can (and apparently always could) be recycled.
Not really a big deal, but I just thought I would share that.

General Veers
02-14-2002, 05:42 PM
I don't open my figs, so I don't have that problem:D ;)

Starfig873
02-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Well that's cool that they even bother with that. Though I must admit, my family doesn't recycle whatsoever, so it's not a problem either way. But I promise I'll start when I have a place of my own....err..yeah..

Battle Droid
02-14-2002, 07:53 PM
I open all my figures, but I also keep the cards & bubbles.

GNT
02-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by General Veers
I don't open my figs, so I don't have that problem:D ;)

Not yet,nothing lasts forever!

JediTricks
02-15-2002, 05:39 AM
Sure, they can be recycled into garbage-can-fillers. ;) I suppose they can be recycled, but I'd be REALLY shocked to hear this plastic is used in ANYTHING else once it's thrown out.

I still submit that having all that extra empty space in the bubble will look like you're getting less toy, a la Ultimate Soldier XD.

yaddle yodas love pu
02-15-2002, 09:24 AM
I think the bigger bubbles are just a trick to make you think you are getting a lot more than you really are. When you see R2 you think: "My, what a large figure this is, well worth the $7!" Then you opne it, and see, its just a teeny, tiny figure and the huge packaging was just a lot of empty plastic and air. Good trick Hasbro.

speedermike
02-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Hey Lman 316, thanks for that info. I really feel sick sometimes when I see the amount of trash I throw away after opening toys. It's really the only time that I envy carded collectors.

At least now it can be thrown in with the recycling.

I think that the big bubbles do point out the smallness of some figs, but it's alwasy been like that.
I remember buying a vintage Jawa as a kid and wondering why he was the same price as a Chewie or Vader.
So, some bubbles give you less (R2) and some more (Padme Arena).

Turbowars
02-19-2002, 10:31 PM
Hasbro's full of crap and so are thier bubbles!!!!!!!!

Sidiously Darth
02-19-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by turbowars

No Turbowars, tell us how you really feel.:p

sith_killer_99
02-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Ew, the bubbles will be filled with crap?

:p

LTBasker
02-19-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by turbowars

Have you seen the R3-T7 bubble? It being full of anything would be a plus, that thing is emptier than a bottomless side hole within a bottomless hole. :D

InsaneJediGirl
02-20-2002, 04:03 PM
Orginally Posted by speedermike
At least now it can be thrown in with the recycling.

It depends if it can be thrown in the recycling.My area
only takes type 1,2,3,and 5 plastics.:rolleyes:

Lman316
02-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Well, I tried it on Monday. I put a significant amount of bubbles into the recycling bin and they took all of them.
I don't know that all recycling programs are the same, but I know that some people would be able to do this.
I don't know - I just wanted people to know abou this, but it doesn't seem like anyone really cares. But again, I just wanted to share it.

Paul-Kenobi
02-20-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
I open all my figures, but I also keep the cards & bubbles.

As do I ;) :) :D :cool:

Jayspawn
02-21-2002, 12:24 PM
It's good that they can be recycled. I open some of my figures and those bubbles can really add up to a lot of space.

2-1B
02-21-2002, 01:49 PM
I'm not concerned because the larger blister packs burn almost as quickly as the smaller ones :)