PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info about X-Ray Fleet!

JediGoofy
04-11-2008, 04:02 AM
Hi folks,

few days ago I was checking the old Galoob's "Star Wars Micro Machines Master Product Listing" and I found something I really did not know before: in the "Star Wars X-Ray Fleet" listing, besides the 7 collections I already knew there is another line saying "Retailer Special: Death Star/Imperial Shuttle"!!! :shocked:
(see the attached file)

As far as I know there is actually an X-Ray vehicle not included in the 7 collections, that is the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium with X-Ray detail included in the "Trilogy Gift Set" (a JCP special from '96), but I never heard about an X-Ray Death Star! :eek:

There is no mention of this "retailer special" in the only MicroMachines listings I know: the Lee's Toy Review #118 and the Dixieme Planete issue about MM and AF. :dis:

Do you know anything about this "retailer special"? Is it maybe an unproduced item? Or does exist somewhere a shiny, transparent Death Star, showing the main reactor at its core? :crazed: (maybe in the same hidden room with the Holy Grail :classic: I should forward this to Indiana Jones, maybe :) ).
If you know something please let me know. (it would mean my X-Ray collection is not complete! :ko: how can I live knowing this? :crazed: j/k of course ;) )

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I believe this wasn't produced, it was planned and then canceled when Galoob stopped supporting the unpopular X-rays line.

JediGoofy
04-14-2008, 04:29 AM
I believe this wasn't produced, it was planned and then canceled when Galoob stopped supporting the unpopular X-rays line.
I know the X-Ray Fleet was not a success. :sad:
Well, I always loved that line. I think it is an original concept :) and I like to display the X-Ray vehicles near their Die-cast counterparts, it is like to se a cross-section of the vehicle. :pleased:
It can be objected the inside details were quite confused, but I like very much the white snowspeeders you can see inside the X-Ray AT-AT :shocked: and they were confirmed by the Incredible Cross-Sections book! Amazing! :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I thought the line was very clever, but I just didn't buy many of 'em, simply wasn't priced or timed right I guess. In retrospect, what you do would have been WAY more popular - package the X-ray ship next to the painted version instead of another X-ray ship.