PDA

View Full Version : Large Wing Tie Fighter

Jedi_Kal-El
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Below is a link to a report at GH about a white redeco of the large wing Tie Fighter.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=7150&zoneid=2

Probably not too exciting to some, but I thought I'd pass it along to anyone interested.

I bought the first version of the large wing Tie, but not the second. I might pick this up simply for the white deco.

Maradona
04-11-2008, 08:43 AM
And Hasbro finally packed in the better version of the Tie Pilot...

Anyone know when the next 2 for 1 sale is? $40 seems rather steep, as is sadly usual for TRU exclusives.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I remember the first version was $40 back in '05 when it was at Target, but yeah that's a bit steep these days. Heck will all that's coming out this year, I'll be surprised if too many people pick this one up.

Old Fossil
04-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I think I may be down for this one. Never got any of the other large-wing TIE offerings, for whatever reason. But this one has the retooled cockipit, larger wings, correct Pilot figure, and it's that cool white color I remember from ANH.

Yep, I've got to finagle a way to add this one to my small fleet.

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I've been wanting to get one of the large wing TIEs for a while, but I've been holding off in the hopes that we'd see this version come out. So I'll definitely be buying one of these.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I havent gotten any of these yet as the first time Target only got 4 in and I missed it. Then they have been TRU exclusives and I dont have one near me. Doubtful I will get this one also

Jedi_Kal-El
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
If you want one KH just LMK, and I can pick one up for you. I have a TRU 15 min from my house.

Dark Marble
04-11-2008, 11:25 AM
You know, this really stinks. First we see the AT-TE, than the Falcon, and now the white Tie. I need to get some money together and fast! I have the first two big wings and I have been patiently waiting for this one. Of course it has to be out now. I will pick it up if everything comes together.

Devo
04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Is a white TIE fighter even accurate? I've been wanting a large wing TIE fighter for ages, having missed the first 2 releases, but I really was hoping for a more realistic paint scheme. I don't remember them being white at all. :confused:

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Is a white TIE fighter even accurate? I've been wanting a large wing TIE fighter for ages, having missed the first 2 releases, but I really was hoping for a more realistic paint scheme. I don't remember them being white at all. :confused:

They were white (or a really light grey) in ANH. It's accurate.

Devo
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Hmmm. I have a feeling this one is going to discolour noticeably over the years.

Dark Marble
04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Have the original White Tie Fighters discolored badly? I don't have one but I didn't even think about that. I think it is cool to finally have all of the Ties out to end the debate. Everyone can get the flavor they want now Blue, Grey, or White.

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Have the original White Tie Fighters discolored badly? I don't have one but I didn't even think about that. I think it is cool to finally have all of the Ties out to end the debate. Everyone can get the flavor they want now Blue, Grey, or White.

I have a white TIE Fighter from 1978 and it's not discolored at all, but I've taken care of it and kept it out of sunlight as much as possible.

Banthaholic
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I got one today. It was $40 but I had a 15% coupon, so wasn't too bad.

Now I have a large grey, blue, and white. Next year I'll make sure to pick up the Shadow Tie

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I got one today. It was $40 but I had a 15% coupon, so wasn't too bad.

Now I have a large grey, blue, and white. Next year I'll make sure to pick up the Shadow Tie
Where'd you get that coupon?

I guess this TIE Fighter shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, but it is extremely odd how there was NO buzz about it beforehand.

Jargo
04-12-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm wishing I'd picked up the one I saw in TRU the other day. though i've a feeling it was grey not white. though this white one from the pics I've seen isn't really that white at all. Am i wrong or is it just a very light grey like it looks in photos?

Bosskman
04-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I have 2 of the Blue and one of the grey. I'll get a white as it is cool. I regret that I got the small wing white one though. Damn you residual completism.

Devo
04-13-2008, 09:55 AM
I'd have preferred the grey one. Don't suppose anyone knows any online stores that still have it?

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Last time I checked TRU.com about a month and a half ago, they still had the grey version on there. Not sure about now, but you could check, Devo.

Banthaholic
04-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Where'd you get that coupon?

I guess this TIE Fighter shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, but it is extremely odd how there was NO buzz about it beforehand.

I got it from the store a few weeks ago. It was a coupon for $5 off two weeks ago and one for last week at 15% off any item

Dark Marble
05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey,

Need some help with this one, I have called and kept in touch with the one Toys R US near me and they have not had or won't tell me when they have their Tie Fighters in. I would really like to get my hands on the new white big wing Tie and any help my fellow collectors could get me would be great!

I would compensate you for the Tie and shipping and I have loose figures and vehicles for trade. Please Help!!!

Devil King
05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I agree with most on this thread. I'll be picking this one up.

Blue2th
05-29-2008, 04:01 AM
I don't know. This vehicle kinda came out of the blue unanounced. I saw a few on the shelves, they lasted about two weeks, then dissapeared. I got one of the last two left at my local TRU. I have never seen them again. Like it was a very limited run.
I asked the manager if he would be getting them in again and he said they only saw the one shipment and were not likely to see them again.
I never saw them at TRU.com either.
Who knows, they might appear again, like TRU did with the Endor AT-AT.

Dark Marble
05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
That is what I was afraid of. I resorted to ebay and got a fair deal on one. They will probably show up in huge numbers in the next month or two, but I didn't want to take any chances on this one.

I was wondering if it was just my store or if everyone was having trouble with this one. What a pain...

Blue2th
05-29-2008, 02:11 PM
I think you were wise to get one now. With everything gearing up for The Clone Wars, I think other than the Millenium Falcon, most Star Wars OT vehicles are going to take a back seat for a while.
They may show up later, but if you remember the last large wing TIE TRU exclusive didn't hang around very long either. Now if we could just get a grey one (not blue or blue grey) with weathering and battle damage.

Dark Marble
05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I agree with you, I am thinking this is a little teaser until the Clone Wars hits. It was a weird release. Maybe a question for Hasbro in the Q&A's...

jedi master sal
05-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I think you were wise to get one now. With everything gearing up for The Clone Wars, I think other than the Millenium Falcon, most Star Wars OT vehicles are going to take a back seat for a while.
They may show up later, but if you remember the last large wing TIE TRU exclusive didn't hang around very long either. Now if we could just get a grey one (not blue or blue grey) with weathering and battle damage.

You're forgetting about the AT-TE.

To a lesser degree the V-wing and Homing spider will do well at retail.

Dark Marble
06-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Well I got my large wing white Tie in the mail and finally made it over to pick it up from the office on Saturday. This one takes me back to having my white Tie when I was younger, it is just so much better!

I am making this one the last Tie I ever buy. I have Blue, Gray, and White now. I think the bases are covered.

DarkJedi5
06-11-2008, 09:09 PM
These just showed up at my TRU in BIG numbers. I don't want one and I'm kinda hoping they're all out of the way for Juky 26th....

AmanaMatt
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
When Hasbro decided to release the white tie last year with the original small solar panels, I was bummed since I wanted to get the Large wing version, and here it is and I scored one!

I own the first large wing Tie and now this one - I love it! It totally harkens back to the Vintage line, and because of that, this is one of my fav vehicles Hasbro has ever done!

Devo
06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I still don't have a large wing TIE and I really want at least one but I don't think I can bring myself to buy a white one. To me they were never white in the films and I never had a vintage one to be nostalgiac over. If I end up with 2 I want it to be 2 of one colour - preferably grey. I just know I'd be kicking myself if I bought 2 whites and then they rereleased the grey one later on.

Dark Marble
06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I had two of the blue ones and two of the grey ones for a while and now I am down to one of each. The Blue, Grey, and White all look nice together.

Jargo
06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm not liking the exclusive tie fighter with rebel insignia on the wings and hobbie in imperial pilots uniform. just the hobbie figure with removable helmet would have sufficed. the insignia looks dumb on a tie fighter.

bkh0501
06-27-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree, it is a big waste of money. I like the paint scheme, and would get this if it were ~$25.