PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 49

JediTricks
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on May 2nd. Keep in mind that your votes in round 48 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1320); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=613382#post613382).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to mid-September, will early TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
- At Toy Fair in both New York and now Australia, from the Padme Amidala Legacy Evolutions set, the Revenge of the Sith Padme figure is shown without her japor-snippet necklace that she wore in the film with this costume, Anakin even makes a point of it in the movie, making it a fairly integeral aspect to this character and an odd item not to include. Will this be a separate accessory included with the final product?
- What are the chances we could get a Comic Pack set of Siri Tachi in "Zora" disguise and Obi-Wan in "Bakleeda" disguise from Jedi Quest? It gets you a new character and a core character which helps sell it, but in a new look which adds action figure credibility and is spawned right from the series.
- With a wave pushed out of this year making way for another repaint wave, does this give Episode I fans a chance to buy some figures in 2008? There's the oft-requested Holographic Nute Gunray, or perhaps a different color variation to the Post-OTC Queen's Handmaiden (Rabe) figure. This could compliment nicely next year's Ep 1 wave that you've already confirmed, so, what do you say?
- With 2 of the finalists in the most recent Saga Legends fans choice poll being from the Battle of Geonosis - Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor - might Hasbro consider releasing a second Battlepack focused on the Geonosis Arena battle containing those 2 figures? Pablo-Jill could use some actual leg articulation and this would be a good time to add it to the figure, you could also include a retooled Nikto Jedi (his actual name is Fi-ek Sirch) since he was in the scene but the figure was nearly unarticulated, and of course the prerequisite core characters that each Battlepack needs. This would make a nice counterpart to the first Geonosis Battlepack, plus it'd get some popular figures re-released.
- A while back, we asked about the possibilities of pre-orders on the HasbroToyShop website, your response was enthusiastic and passed along to the HTS team, but since then there has been no change to that matter. Since that time, gas prices have soared to nearly double, making it far more difficult for collectors to hit their local retailers day in and day out to find the newest Star Wars figures. With this in mind, might we see a preorder system on HTS any time soon? If not, why not?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

highlander3000
04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Will Transformers/Star Wars Commander Cody be repainted into Commander Gree? I think the colors would look really nice on that toy.

Banthaholic
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
JT,
I just noticed the former question # 17 (see below) was delted since you said it was similarly answered by Hasbro, do you know what the answer was? I couldn't find anything by looking at last weeks around the web answers.

With a wave pushed out of this year making way for another repaint wave, does this give Episode I fans a chance to buy some figures in 2008? There's the oft-requested Holographic Nute Gunray, or perhaps a different color variation to the Post-OTC Queen's Handmaiden (Rabe) figure. This could compliment nicely next year's Ep 1 wave that you've already confirmed, so, what do you say?

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 06:53 PM
1, 3, 6

Those are the only ones that really interest me right now.

Darth Cruel
04-12-2008, 01:14 PM
1,3,5,7,10, and 11.

I actually asked question number 4 at last years Comicon. I was referred to a gentleman (I can not remember his name) whom I was told was the guy who decides on who gets what exclusive. After everything was said and done and the conversation was completed. It seemed to me that he pretty much makes up the criteria as he goes along.

He told me that in order to get an exclusive, the retailer has to support all of the toy lines that Hasbro sells.

I asked hime if Wal-Mart, TRU and Target sell ALL of the lines that Hasbro makes and he basically told me no, but close enough.

Then I mentioned that Entertainment Earth certailny does not and he told me that they sell the few lines that they do in such large quantities that they are "close enough" as well.

He also told me that the choices of exclusives are not the retailers'. He offers them an exclusive as a reward and they eithe axcept or decline. But they have no choice in the matter as far as what eclusive they get.

JediTricks
04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Question 13 added.

Will Transformers/Star Wars Commander Cody be repainted into Commander Gree? I think the colors would look really nice on that toy.I'll have to think that one over, it's a little too specific for us, but we don't have many SWTF questions lately.

JT,
I just noticed the former question # 17 (see below) was delted since you said it was similarly answered by Hasbro, do you know what the answer was? I couldn't find anything by looking at last weeks around the web answers.

With a wave pushed out of this year making way for another repaint wave, does this give Episode I fans a chance to buy some figures in 2008? There's the oft-requested Holographic Nute Gunray, or perhaps a different color variation to the Post-OTC Queen's Handmaiden (Rabe) figure. This could compliment nicely next year's Ep 1 wave that you've already confirmed, so, what do you say?They said it was a Clone Wars era wave and kid-targeted:

Rebelscum.com: In a recent Q&A session with our friends over at Jedi Defender, it was revealed that there will be another wave of Saga Legends repacks in the fall, featuring kid-targeted characters from the Clone Wars era. Without giving away the figures in this line, I'm wondering which characters you have listed as "kid-oriented", meaning are there in fact specific characters that are primarily targeted towards kids? If so, who are they? Also, which characters do you consider targeted towards collectors?
On a similar note, are there any characters that are "must haves" when you are setting up a line for the year? Presumably the ones listed above would fall into this category, but are there any others that are shoo-ins?
Hasbro: Kid-targeted figures include heroes and key villains (characters like Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, R2-D2, General Grievous, etc) as well as core troopers and key droid opponents. In general these are figures that kids want in order to play out the major battles, which are also figures that we have a strong history with as "outperformers" because kids select these before anything else.
Since these are re-releases, with no changes, we consider these releases to be kid-targeted, even though collectors may be interested in the troops, or to some extent, the change to a new line. We don't have room in the Fall assortment to offer any collector-targeted Saga Legends as we did for the 30th line (based on voting). It's possible we could add that later for 2009, but for Fall '08 it will be all hands on deck to get the hero potential on shelf as quickly as possible for the movie and TV series.
And now I see I missed the part about it being another Saga Legends line, I had thought they meant LIKE a Saga Legends line rather than actually being one. Sorry about that, 50 questions per round to collect, it gets confusing. I'll re-add it.

Battle Droid
04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
5 and 13 for now.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
8, 9, 12, and 13

Sinscia Fat'o
04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
13, 12, 9.....for now.

Banthaholic
04-13-2008, 05:05 PM
And now I see I missed the part about it being another Saga Legends line, I had thought they meant LIKE a Saga Legends line rather than actually being one. Sorry about that, 50 questions per round to collect, it gets confusing. I'll re-add it.

It's all good. I read the around the web summary here at SSG, and I was trying to figure out what I missed so I reread them, so good to know I haven't lost it even more than I already have :)

12 and 12 for me for now

bigbarada
04-14-2008, 01:03 PM
New question:

There's really no nice way to put this, but the 2005 Ep3 Wookie figures were all pretty horrible across the board. Limited detail, limited articulation and bogged down with action features. Seeing as how you've revisited and updated the Kashyyk Clonetroopers, is there a chance that we will start to see some all new, improved Wookie figures, without the action features, to fill out that scene?

Sinscia Fat'o
04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
New question:

There's really no nice way to put this, but the 2005 Ep3 Wookie figures were all pretty horrible across the board. Limited detail, limited articulation and bogged down with action features. Seeing as how you've revisited and updated the Kashyyk Clonetroopers, is there a chance that we will start to see some all new, improved Wookie figures, without the action features, to fill out that scene?

In agreeance! We need new Wookies that don't blow!

bigbarada
04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
New question:

Let me try to reword that first part:

When word first got out that Ep3 was going to feature Wookies battling on their home planet, many longtime collectors were excited about the possibility of building armies of Wookie warriors. Some of us had been looking forward to this since the 1970s. However, the actual Wookie figures offered in 2005 were a disappointment, to say the least. Limited detail, limited articulation and bogged down with action features; they were a huge step backwards from the standard set by VOTC Chewbacca just a few months earlier. Seeing as how you've revisited and updated the Kashyyk Clonetroopers, is there a chance that we will start to see some all new, improved Wookie figures, without the action features, to fill out that scene?

JediTricks
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
12 and 12 for me for nowYou can only vote for a choice once per round, can't vote for 12 twice.

New question:

There's really no nice way to put this, but the 2005 Ep3 Wookie figures were all pretty horrible across the board. Limited detail, limited articulation and bogged down with action features. Seeing as how you've revisited and updated the Kashyyk Clonetroopers, is there a chance that we will start to see some all new, improved Wookie figures, without the action features, to fill out that scene?All we get now are the fat sneak preview Wookiee which has no action features and tons of articulation and detail. I personally don't like that figure much, but it doesn't fit any of your complaints. I want to add the question, but I think we need a better complaint to back it up, and I don't want it to just be "fatty mcwookiee is too specific, not unique enough", it's not a solid enough reason. Thoughts?

bigbarada
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
fatty mcwookiee

:D

As far as articulation is concerned, I was hoping to basically ask for every Wookie to have no less than the VOTC Chewie articulation: ball-joint shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, head, swivel wrists and the multi-segmented torso that we saw on that Chewie (along with the Saga Ultimate Wampa).

I like the fur sculpting on the VOTC Chewie better also. It's more randomized and less uniform. The Sneak Preview Wookie seems to be just basic shapes with some hairlines cut in; but there is no hanging fur or overlapping fur like we see on Chewbacca.

I don't feel that the preview figure is really that good even by 2005 standards, but the tough part is figuring out how to word that without leaving an "escape hatch" open and allowing Hasbro to duck the question by claiming that the Sneak Preview Wookie is good enough for a few more releases (which it's definitely not).

Banthaholic
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
You can only vote for a choice once per round, can't vote for 12 twice.

Sorry about the typo should have read 12 and 13 for now...

JediTricks
04-15-2008, 03:37 PM
:D

As far as articulation is concerned, I was hoping to basically ask for every Wookie to have no less than the VOTC Chewie articulation: ball-joint shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, head, swivel wrists and the multi-segmented torso that we saw on that Chewie (along with the Saga Ultimate Wampa).

I like the fur sculpting on the VOTC Chewie better also. It's more randomized and less uniform. The Sneak Preview Wookie seems to be just basic shapes with some hairlines cut in; but there is no hanging fur or overlapping fur like we see on Chewbacca.

I don't feel that the preview figure is really that good even by 2005 standards, but the tough part is figuring out how to word that without leaving an "escape hatch" open and allowing Hasbro to duck the question by claiming that the Sneak Preview Wookie is good enough for a few more releases (which it's definitely not).Yeah, that's where I am too, there's nothing GREAT about that Sneak Preview figure, but it's almost as articulated and sculpted as VOTC Chewie so it's immediately what they'll retort with. It does have some hanging fur, and except for the elbows and ankles is as articulated as Chewie, so they'd just say "different tastes" and kill it. LMK what you come up with.

Sorry about the typo should have read 12 and 13 for now...No prob, I actually figured that's what you meant and had already counted your vote for it when you resubmitted it.

El Chuxter
04-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe add a mention that the headsculpt looks suspiciously like the 1995 Chewbacca figure with a few braids thrown on.

JediTricks
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
It's based on a LFL design, so I'm not going to point out its inaccuracy because it'll just get thrown back in my face that it's not. But you do make a good point, this figure is way beefy, it's more like a bigfoot than a Wookiee.

Devo
04-15-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree that the wookie figures are lacking. Originally I was planning to collect them but their suckiness put me off. But I've since decided I needn't have been concerned anyway since the scene in the film is so short and decidedly un-iconic IMO that its not worth trying to put together a diorama for it anyway. All that spending for vehicles and characters that appear onscreen for about 3 seconds in, IMO, an overall poor film? A scene that featured chewbacca for no worthwhile in-universe reason.

Cane_Adiss
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
1, 5, 10, and 13 for now.

I agree that the wookiee figures from ROTS sucked overall as far as articulation goes (except for the preview figure, which I agree that its sculpt is lacking and the accessories sucked big time) but they are not high on my list of wanted redos only because ROTS sucked overall and the Kashyyyk scenes weren't very memorable. I'd prefer never before done aliens first.

Cane_Adiss
04-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Here, I thought of a new question:

Since two of the finalists in the last Saga Legends Poll were Jedi from the Battle of Geonosis (Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor) would Hasbro consider releasing another battlepack focused on this battle containing these two figures? And perhaps you could include a rehashed Fi-ek Sirch (giving him a better articulated body, as he's the last basic Saga Jedi figure that hasn't gotten super articulation treatment) plus of course a few core characters/ villains. This would make a nice "sequel set" to the first Geonosis battle pack, plus it would be of interest to many collectors.

RENDAR LIVES
04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I vote for 6,9,11 and 12

In a recent issue of SWI I saw a Stormtrooper commander for TFU line. Is this figure an exclusive or something?

El Chuxter
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I think it may have been asked before, but how about the possibility of pre-orders and "one of every figure" from hasbrotoyshop.com? I really think gas costing about four times what it did seven years ago is going to put a serious hurting on their sales in stores if they don't get with the times.

Currently, there are no options for reserving out-of-stock items or for pre-ordering upcoming items on hasbrotoyshop.com. Given the skyrocketing cost of gasoline, which makes it tougher for many collectors to search for figures the way they did even a couple of years ago, is there any chance of Hasbro reconsidering this policy? It's likely that, with gas projected to break the $4/gallon mark this summer and continue rising, more and more collectors (and parents) would be willing to pay shipping charges instead of having to buy more gas (for what is often a fruitless search). If so, is there any possibility of starting a "one of every figure" program for more collector-oriented lines, especially Star Wars, but including the Transformers, GIJoe, and Marvel lines as well?

JediTricks
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Here, I thought of a new question:

Since two of the finalists in the last Saga Legends Poll were Jedi from the Battle of Geonosis (Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor) would Hasbro consider releasing another battlepack focused on this battle containing these two figures? And perhaps you could include a rehashed Fi-ek Sirch (giving him a better articulated body, as he's the last basic Saga Jedi figure that hasn't gotten super articulation treatment) plus of course a few core characters/ villains. This would make a nice "sequel set" to the first Geonosis battle pack, plus it would be of interest to many collectors.Normally it'd be too specific, but I'll give it a shot since we're a little low on questions and just hope Hasbro doesn't give us a "shrug" answer. First though, I need to know if you think Pablo-Jill should get some leg articulation, that's what I felt when I rewrote the question thusly:

With 2 of the finalists in the most recent Saga Legends fans choice poll being from the Battle of Geonosis - Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor - might Hasbro consider releasing a second Battlepack focused on the Geonosis Arena battle containing those 2 figures? Pablo-Jill could use some actual leg articulation and this would be a good time to add it to the figure, you could also include a retooled Nikto Jedi (his actual name is Fi-ek Sirch) since he was in the scene but the figure was nearly unarticulated, and of course the prerequisite core characters that each Battlepack needs. This would make a nice counterpart to the first Geonosis Battlepack, plus it'd get some popular figures re-released.

I vote for 6,9,11 and 12

In a recent issue of SWI I saw a Stormtrooper commander for TFU line. Is this figure an exclusive or something?
They answered that last round:

Hasbro: This figure, a Stormtrooper Commander, will indeed be released as part of an upcoming promotion dealing with The Force Unleashed. As the game was delayed, so too was the promotion. Details have still yet to be announced or finalized, but the figure should be out around the time the game is released.

JediTricks
04-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I think it may have been asked before, but how about the possibility of pre-orders and "one of every figure" from hasbrotoyshop.com? I really think gas costing about four times what it did seven years ago is going to put a serious hurting on their sales in stores if they don't get with the times.We got this answer on Sept 1st:

SSG: Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.
Hasbro: We're looking at ways to facilitate this, but there's no solution in place. It comes down to how many different versions of our basic figure waves we can produce and make sure wires don't get crossed at our warehouse level. The operational execution is critical... it would be bad to send these heavy collector-targted waves to mass retail, even if by accident. If we can solve that, we could probably so something like you suggest.
And that was based on this answer way back on June 9th, 2006:

Rebelscum: Will there ever be a subscription service/one-of-every-figure club/opportunity for fans to purchase convention exclusives, possibly through hasbrotoyshop.com? Whatever happened to the subscription program announced at Celebration III?
Hasbro: The 501st San Diego Comic Con figures will be available on HasbroToyShop.com, but it's not possible at this time to set up the type of large-scale subscription service that I know you're referring to. Maybe down the road.

El Chuxter
04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Okay, so eliminate the part about the "one of every figure" and just address pre-orders and reservations. Like I said in another thread, any search that involves more than one store now means at least $5.70 in gas whether I find anything or not, and I cannot be the only person in this situation. Hasbro risks everyone who doesn't have a lot of stores right in their backyards dropping a lot of their toys for lack of availability.

Cane_Adiss
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Sounds good to me! Although I doubt Hasbro will bite onto the idea of resculpting Pablo's odd legs just for one battle pack release. Fi-ek seems a little more reasonable, as they could use legs/arms of another jedi that are similar to Fi-ek's. (Perhaps he could include an offwhite color softgoods robe so it will better match his basic figure release.)

Oh, and I'm gonna comment on something here that maybe could be turned into a question. The Commander Sev figure that just came out has a headsculpt EXTREMELY similar to the POTF2 Weequay figure. And the sculpt doesn't really resemble Sev's picture on the package either. In my mind, that means that Hasbro will probably use Sev's head for an upcoming updated Weequay hunter figure. Hasbro's using the old trick of killing two birds with one sculpt here a-la J'Quille and Tanus Spijek.

Gothiczartan
04-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I have a question.

will be any figures of star wars characters based on the ewoks adventures tv movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/

JediTricks
04-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Question 14 added.

I forgot, on Nov 3rd we asked them about HTS preorders:

SSG: Is there any way that HasbroToyShop.com could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new Star Wars product on the site. And could HasbroToyShop.com's ordering system be augmented with an active preorder system on all items listed as "coming soon"? Currently they cannot be preordered if they're still listed as "coming soon". And/or how about an email-notification system on "coming soon" and "out of stock" items? All the pages say now are "check back soon" which isn't too handy, especially for high-demand items that sell out quickly once they go online.
Hasbro: These are good suggestions and we've passed them on to the HasbroToyShop.com team. As for product availability, Star Wars has been challenging this year because of contuinued high demand for many assortments... a lucky problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.

Sounds good to me! Although I doubt Hasbro will bite onto the idea of resculpting Pablo's odd legs just for one battle pack release. Fi-ek seems a little more reasonable, as they could use legs/arms of another jedi that are similar to Fi-ek's. (Perhaps he could include an offwhite color softgoods robe so it will better match his basic figure release.)They don't really need to resculpt Pablo's legs, if they can find him regular legs & waist from another figure that fit him, that'd be fine too. That's why I left it vague as "could use some actual leg articulation", they can decide resculpt or parts-steal.

Anyway, question added, vote counted.

WE NEED MORE VOTES!!!

Cane_Adiss
04-24-2008, 09:13 AM
They don't really need to resculpt Pablo's legs, if they can find him regular legs & waist from another figure that fit him, that'd be fine too. That's why I left it vague as "could use some actual leg articulation", they can decide resculpt or parts-steal.

Actually, they would need to resculpt his legs. If you look closely, you'll see that he has a unique "bowlegged" physiology. You wouldn't be able to "borrow" legs from another Jedi for this guy.

JediTricks
04-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Voting has been extended a week. Which is fine because we need more votes and better questions.

Actually, they would need to resculpt his legs. If you look closely, you'll see that he has a unique "bowlegged" physiology. You wouldn't be able to "borrow" legs from another Jedi for this guy.
Ugh, those look ridiculous, I thought that was just a dopey action pose.

sebillba
04-26-2008, 07:38 AM
He's an Ongree (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ongree), which is an amphibious species, so naturally they gave him frog's legs. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
04-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Is the one I posted about hasbrotoyshop.com, minus the "one of every figure" question, in the running? I think, given gas prices and the dwindling economy all around, it's a fair question to ask (or revisit).

Cane_Adiss
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Here's another question:

Should Hasbro revisit the original Clone Wars cartoons for a future figure wave, would you consider a wave based around the Cauldron gladiator pit episode? There are several interesting character/ droid designs such as Grunda Dolma (a female Aqualish!), Jasper McKnives, Krutch, L8-L9 and Dooku's as-yet unnamed guide. Plus it would be a good opportunity to bring Dooku and Asaaj Ventress figures back to the basic line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Here's another question:

Should Hasbro revisit the original Clone Wars cartoons for a future figure wave, would you consider a wave based around the Cauldron gladiator pit episode? There are several interesting character/ droid designs such as Grunda Dolma (a female Aqualish!), Jasper McKnives, Krutch, L8-L9 and Dooku's as-yet unnamed guide. Plus it would be a good opportunity to bring Dooku and Asaaj Ventress figures back to the basic line.
I can guarantee you they'll say they're focusing on the new Clone Wars show for now and won't get back to the old one for a while.

Battle Droid
04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
New question,

Will you be rereleasing the AAT that appears in the new Clone Wars cartoon in the blue and gray colors?

El Chuxter
05-01-2008, 07:38 AM
JT, I don't mean to harp on it, but can the question I posed earlier be considered without the "one of every figure" portion? I have pretty much zero luck locally, and gas prices have pretty much eliminated the days of driving around hunting for toys. I know I'm not the only person in the country affected by this. I honestly think that with better offerings and options on their site, they could attract a lot of customers who previously didn't shop online. (And, besides, to list all sorts of cool stuff that customers can't order seems like a big "F You!")

Currently, there are no options for reserving out-of-stock items or for pre-ordering upcoming items on hasbrotoyshop.com. Given the skyrocketing cost of gasoline, which makes it tougher for many collectors to search for figures the way they did even a couple of years ago, is there any chance of Hasbro reconsidering this policy? It's likely that, with gas projected to break the $4/gallon mark this summer and continue rising, more and more collectors (and parents) would be willing to pay shipping charges instead of having to buy more gas (for what is often a fruitless search).

Gothiczartan
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
could add a question about if there will be figures based on the tv movie?

I don't know if I remember posting this before, if so, post a link.

JediTricks
05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Question 15 added.

Is the one I posted about hasbrotoyshop.com, minus the "one of every figure" question, in the running? I think, given gas prices and the dwindling economy all around, it's a fair question to ask (or revisit).Fine, i'll add it, but don't be surprised if it goes nowhere like it did last time. Oh, and now you owe me 5 more votes, don't cop out. LMK what changes you want to the question I wrote up from yours, but it better come with those 5 votes. :p

Here's another question:

Should Hasbro revisit the original Clone Wars cartoons for a future figure wave, would you consider a wave based around the Cauldron gladiator pit episode? There are several interesting character/ droid designs such as Grunda Dolma (a female Aqualish!), Jasper McKnives, Krutch, L8-L9 and Dooku's as-yet unnamed guide. Plus it would be a good opportunity to bring Dooku and Asaaj Ventress figures back to the basic line.Oct 26th, ActionFigs.com:
With the new Clone Wars line coming up, will you be going back to the original series to make figures for characters who didn't get them, whether or not they appear in this new CGI series? Figures like Holographic Sidious on walking mechano-chair, Scuba Troopers, Space Clone Troopers, Plo Koon in armor, IG Lancer Droid (perhaps with its swoop bike), General Oro Dassyne all would make good candidates from the first series.
When the new series comes out, our attention and focus will shift to that one exclusively and we will not likely be doing any more figures from the first Clone Wars series. It doesn't mean we won't look for opportunities from some of the very cool figures you mention, but it becomes much less likely.

New question,

Will you be rereleasing the AAT that appears in the new Clone Wars cartoon in the blue and gray colors?If they hadn't recently re-released the AAT in other colors, I'd consider it even though it's specific, but since they did and it's not hotly sought-after, I'm not ready right now to include it.

could add a question about if there will be figures based on the tv movie?

I don't know if I remember posting this before, if so, post a link.
March 30th, '07:
Rebelscum.com: Has Hasbro ever considered making action figures from the TV live-action Ewok Adventures? Many fans would like an updated Wicket (with prominent pupils, as seen in the first Ewok Adventure), as well as the main protagonist Cindel Towani, and the fan-favorite from the second movie, Teek. He even cameos in Star Tours.
Hasbro: We have to admit that we haven't taken a look at Ewoks (or Droids) for some time but as these are out there on DVD, and fans are showing very high enthusiasm for Ewoks (and Droids) lately, they do merit another look to see if there's a way to bring some of them to life. Right now there are no specific plans for tie-ins, but you never know. Thanks for the suggestion.
August 3rd, '07:
TheSithEmpire.net: Considering that lately we've been seeing a lot of action figures from Expanded Universe series and movies, such as Clone Wars and now Boba Fett from the Holiday Special what are the chances of seeing characters from the two Ewok movies, such as Mace, Terak, Teek, Cindal, ect.? Despite significant screen time in the movies, these characters have never gotten an action figure.
Hasbro: This is a good line of thinking and it has merit, but we do not make any plans right now. We wouldn't rule it out as something we could get to in the next few years.

By the way, thanks to everybody so much for not voting, that's extremely helpful. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-01-2008, 08:34 PM
My votes:

1 any geezers?
3 roleplay?
4 exclusives?
7 tfu rerelease?
12 obscure comic 2pack reference #7,020
15 HTS preorders?

Gothiczartan
05-01-2008, 08:51 PM
did anyone add a question about a new tatooine skiff from ROTJ?

Kidhuman
05-01-2008, 09:22 PM
did anyone add a question about a new tatooine skiff from ROTJ?

if it isnt there, then it didnt get added. Try reading a thread to find out once and a while

El Chuxter
05-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Gracias, JT. Even if it goes nowhere, I think it's important to hammer in to them how gas prices are all but eliminating "the hunt" for a lot of people.

1--old timers
6--pegwarmers
10--Cruisemissile revisited (I really love the concept of the thing)
11--japor snippet
13--TPM figures
15--preorders

Kidhuman
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15,

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted... all 9 of you.

I'll tally up the votes now and send off the questions.

Here's what we're asking this round:

Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
With a wave pushed out of this year making way for another repaint wave, does this give Episode I fans a chance to buy some figures in 2008? There's the oft-requested Holographic Nute Gunray, or perhaps a different color variation to the Post-OTC Queen's Handmaiden (Rabe) figure. This could compliment nicely next year's Ep 1 wave that you've already confirmed, so, what do you say?
With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to mid-September, will TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
What are the chances we could get a Comic Pack set of Siri Tachi in "Zora" disguise and Obi-Wan in "Bakleeda" disguise from Jedi Quest? It gets you a new character and a core character which helps sell it, but in a new look which adds action figure credibility and is spawned right from the series.
A while back, we asked about the possibilities of pre-orders on the HasbroToyShop website, your response was enthusiastic and passed along to the HTS team, but since then there has been no change to that matter. Since that time, gas prices have soared to nearly double, making it far more difficult for collectors to hit their local retailers day in and day out to find the newest Star Wars figures. With this in mind, might we see a preorder system on HTS any time soon? If not, why not?
At Toy Fair in both New York and now Australia, from the Padme Amidala Legacy Evolutions set, the Revenge of the Sith Padme figure is shown without her japor-snippet necklace that she wore in the film with this costume, Anakin even makes a point of it in the movie, making it a fairly integeral aspect to this character and an odd item not to include. Will this be a separate accessory included with the final product?

Look for the new round of voting soon.