PDA

View Full Version : the WHOLE collection

stillakid
04-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Just a question out of curiosity or perhaps envy.... :sleeping:

Does anyone here have their entire collection of Star Wars "stuff" out for display? Many of us have A LOT of stuff, most of it toys, but likely some other odds and ends in the mix too.

I for one have well over a thousand action figures plus all the vehicles, accessories, and playsets in addition to the books, masks, and every other random Star Wars "thing" that has caught my interest. But very little of my own collection is out for display. :( Perhaps one day I'll have a home large enough and I'll give in to my inner geekdom enough to dedicate the space necessary to display the massive armies and other display stuff that I want to have out. For me mostly. If others see it, cool. But mostly for me. :)

Anyhow, what about you? How much of your stuff is out to look at? 10%? 50%? 100%?

Neuroleptic
04-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I am proud to be able to say 100 percent. But that's only because I put everything I liked on one book shelf and sold the rest about a year ago. I'm much happier with it this way. I will be able to begin doubling it soon though, since I will be moving to a bigger house, and thus will be able to get more book shelves soon.

Slicker
04-13-2008, 03:57 AM
As everyone knows I have everything I own in storage but when I did have it displayed I'd say that I had approximately 60% of it out. That was about 6 years ago so if I had the same amount displayed now the corresponding percentage would be about 30%-40%.

Jargo
04-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't even know what I've got anymore. got two shelves worth displayed, cantina and jabba's palce and a ton of stuff in the loft. i gave a lot of space over to doctor who and muppets and invader zim. I simply can't remember whaty i gave to charity shops and what i kept. conservative estimate is about 15 percent of what i own is on display.

jedi master sal
04-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I used to have it all displayed...about 8 years go. Last time I had i all out was just after TPM. Some time in 2008 I started cataloging my collection. oved most of it into storage in 2005, IIRC. I had amassed so much stuff by then that it was taking up a third of my living room-all in plastic tubs.

While I love having my collection, I'm growing increasingly displeased about not having it displayed. This is one BIG reason why I really wouldn't mind if the line died off. The sooner the better, for me. Because, I just know myself enough that so long as Hasbro makes SW toys, I'll be collecting some portion of it.

As to how much is displayed now? Less than one tenth of one percent (maybe even less than that).

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I used to have everything displayed, but I've moved a few times in the last few years. That and the fact that I'm still in the slow procces of redecorating my colletor room, keeps me from displaying more than what I'ld like.

Once I get my room finished, I'll be able to display more of what I'd like including being able to sperate my SW stuff from some of my other collections. Plus I still have quite a bit that's in a storage unit in Vegas that I need to go get one of these days.

I'd say about 25% is displayed at this time.

DarthBrandon
04-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Not a chance in hell I would say, not enough space for the figures let alone the carded & boxed vehicles. I need a very large room (coming down the pipeline very soon) & lots of help to unpack & set-up this collection.

JediTricks
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
About 80%, with the other 20% being the entire TAC line (ran out of shelf space), the Hasbro 12" line, some of the ROTS vehicles, and extra figures and such.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=546) is what my collection looked like at the old house. Currently everything is in boxes, except for the new stuff I've gotten since the move. I really don't know when I'll be able to set it up again . . . we're waiting a while to finish the basement and then I'll be able to put it up, but I'll be at college anyway and not living at home except for summer. Eh I'll probably end up getting it all set up in the basement anyway.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I have all my books displayed (that's about 200 comics and trade paperbacks, plus 200+ novels [mainly paperbacks]), but very little else. I have a lot of stuff, so most of that ends up boxed, sadly.

bobafrett
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
I have probably 60 to 70 % of my collection displayed, But that number gets smaller as I need to make more space for my fiance.

DarthQuack
04-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I have all my books displayed (that's about 200 comics and trade paperbacks, plus 200+ novels [mainly paperbacks]), but very little else. I have a lot of stuff, so most of that ends up boxed, sadly.

I'd love to see pics of this if you get a chance to post them!

Anakin Palpatine
04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
50% loose displayed (most of my ships and army builders are not up) 10% carded or boxed (just my favorites) or what I have room for.

CaptainSolo1138
04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
The "hole" collection?:sur:

I have about 75% of my stuff displayed (90% of which are figures).

Rocketboy
04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I display my junk for everyone to see.

El Chuxter
04-16-2008, 04:26 PM
You can get arrested for that, you know.

DarthQuack
04-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Chux stop your double posting.

stillakid
04-16-2008, 04:51 PM
$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump!

http://www.priweb.org/ed/pgws/uses/plastic.html

You will probably be surprised to know that a plastic bottle is made from the same petrochemical as the fiber we call polyester!

All plastic products, many of the materials used to make the clothes you wear, or the carpet you walk on, plus hundreds of the other products we take for granted, are made from petrochemicals. As the name implies, a main ingredient in petrochemicals is oil.

mabudonicus
04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
The only pieces I ever "display" are scattered about on various surfaces after I get drunk enough to want to REALLY play with them all over the house- these displays get taken down the next day at the express request of my gorgeous Elf, and put back where they belong.

She REALLY doesn't like toys being displayed at all sadly. I have my own "room" but we are shuffling our whole house around so I don't yet have it set up, but once it's ready I have been building a couple of super-realistic terrain bases to set up somewhere with all my clones all over them, I figure if I want playsets I'll make them myself :D
:bored: Iso&Baws
Deuce is the one exception, he is allowed anywhere, anytime, full-clearance like

2-1B
04-16-2008, 05:33 PM
But why does Dengar have to hide in shame ?

I'm very pro-Deuce, I don't have to remind you of that...but Dengar was his costar on Danger Tube. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Holy crap Cae, I somwhow totally forgot Danger Tube with all the recent madness(crazy-based, not angry) in my life

I am having issues yet again trying to get my damn new system to accept video from my cam, so there's serious delays happening on "Take Care Sir!!!" but on the bright side I come up with new material every day, and thanks to your reminder I DO believe a screen-cap from the title sequence of Danger Tube should DEFINITELY be included
:bored: Iso&Baws
you WILL enjoy the next installment, I am positive

2-1B
04-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I was just thinking of creating a psychedelic vignette in which a washed up, unemployed, out of the spotlight POTF2 Dengar is sitting on his couch, watching himself on television in a TVLand Channel rerun of Danger Tube....halfway through the episode, his costar POTF2 2-1B breaks the third wall, turning to look at Dengar on the couch when Deuce starts to come through the TV screen like that creepy chick in The Ring. Only in this case, as Deuce '96 comes through the screen, he morphs into Deuce '08 and skewers Dengar to death with his new probe thingie...

What do you think, does it have potential?

I don't have all the bugs worked out, it's just a pitch. So I'm open to some revisions. I doubt I'll ever find funding for all the special effects though. :thumbsup:

stillakid
04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I was just thinking of creating a psychedelic vignette in which a washed up, unemployed, out of the spotlight POTF2 Dengar is sitting on his couch, watching himself on television in a TVLand Channel rerun of Danger Tube....halfway through the episode, his costar POTF2 2-1B breaks the third wall, turning to look at Dengar on the couch when Deuce starts to come through the TV screen like that creepy chick in The Ring. Only in this case, as Deuce '96 comes through the screen, he morphs into Deuce '08 and skewers Dengar to death with his new probe thingie...

What do you think, does it have potential?

I don't have all the bugs worked out, it's just a pitch. So I'm open to some revisions. I doubt I'll ever find funding for all the special effects though. :thumbsup:

What's he drinkin'?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
I'd love to see pics of this if you get a chance to post them!All ye had to do was ask! Room's a bit messy, but the books are accessible.