stillakid
04-13-2008, 10:08 AM
This is meant to be a thread dedicated to

A) who is going
B) where are you staying
C) what date will you be arriving in San Diego
D) what date will you be leaving San Diego
E) what dates will you be attending the convention
F) do you want to/plan to meet up with other SSGers or not? If so, when and where?

Simple questions. Shouldn't be any reason for long soliloquy's about how bad the parking is, whining about whatever, etc. Everybody already knows all of that. As they say, "Just the facts, Maam."

:)

Tycho
06-02-2008, 04:23 AM
I finally bought my tickets as I was waiting to hear if someone else from SSG was going to make it to California before I purchased the complete deal.

Ended up paying $15 more and getting 1 whole day (Sunday) less - not that I attend on Sundays anyway.

However, now I will NOT get the Preview Night pass for Wednesday, so Thursday will be my first day.

A) who is going

ME

B) where are you staying

at my home; I live in San Diego along the trolley route to the Con

C) what date will you be arriving in San Diego

see above

D) what date will you be leaving San Diego

I'm usually not on earth anyhow

E) what dates will you be attending the convention

Thu, Fri, Sat., 7-24 to 26, 2008

F) do you want to/plan to meet up with other SSGers or not? If so, when and where?

Yes. At the Hasbro Q&A, front rows if possible, on Friday ("Star Wars Day") at around 10 or 11am, and then for lunch over on the lawn by the San Diego Hilton just like last year - that was quite fun, meeting with everyone.

JediTricks
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I can't believe you missed the 4-day-pass window and ended up paying more to boot, and after all that nagging I put in no less!

And now you're stealing my lunch-on-the-lawn idea?!?

:p

Tycho
06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I can't believe you missed the 4-day-pass window and ended up paying more to boot, and after all that nagging I put in no less!

You know I was waiting to see if I'd take another member of SSG with me that had never been to Comic Con. That still could happen, but we won't be admitted to Sneak Preview Night and I can't say for sure what days that tickets will still be available for if that person confirms their plans.

I actually did not want to go for all 4 days for sure. It's rare that I go on Sunday - entirely dependent on the program of panels they're having.

And after the relapse of pain in my legs that I experienced today, which had me screaming like Han in his torture chair (I'm not joking either), I'm not sure I can run around the convention center like I used to. Friday is SW day and it's all in the same room, so that might've been a natural for me to attend - though I may have to leave early for dialysis. (Might also rework my medical treatment schedule that week if I can come down there really late on Saturday like I did last year. Then I'll stay for the full day on Friday.)

But when SideShow offered Aayla Secura 12", a figure I'd really been wishing they'd have up for order, that did it.

Also, I was going to come downtown to meet up with everyone and say "hello," anyway. I was even going to prepare a sermon on False-ComicCon-Enthusiasm, but I wasn't getting anywhere with it, so I had to embrace the opposite as the Truth after all. :thumbsup:

Side note: there's this really attractive girl that works at my pharmacy. I swear I know her, and she's especially friendly with me. She followed me out as I headed for my Jeep tonight, before returning to working. I think there's a strong possibility that I had her over as a guest in my old apartment building while I was in college. In any case, she's wearing an engagement or wedding ring, I think. "Adultery" is a 4-syllable word. I was just thinking.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah. Comic Con. I had to review Stillakid's instructions not to post an essay and just answer his question. Looks like I screwed that up, but no one had responded to him for like 2 months anyway. In any event, you asked a follow-up question, JT. You two are always going for rounds with one another anyway. I'm just going to claim (albeit correctly) that you started this!

Hey: who is that guy that's the face of all the Verizon ads and commercials? Why is he everywhere? Man, people are getting to know him like the Burger King!

Anyway, wasn't the eat-on-the-lawn-idea Steve's anyway? The snack grill idea was his at the very least, as Steve discovered that place when he was staying at the Hilton. Imagine that: he was only here because he started a Star Wars website and began covering the toy conventions. But if you think about it: if Lucas had never invented Star Wars, and Kenner had never launched a huge merchandise line for it, so that one day Hasbro could buy it, and Steve could make a website dedicated to it, none of us would know where to get the best Philly Steak sandwiches in San Diego. Now that's important!

figrin bran
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Anyway, wasn't the eat-on-the-lawn-idea Steve's anyway? The snack grill idea was his at the very least, as Steve discovered that place when he was staying at the Hilton. Imagine that: he was only here because he started a Star Wars website and began covering the toy conventions. But if you think about it: if Lucas had never invented Star Wars, and Kenner had never launched a huge merchandise line for it, so that one day Hasbro could buy it, and Steve could make a website dedicated to it, none of us would know where to get the best Philly Steak sandwiches in San Diego. Now that's important!

Yes! the sandwiches!!! I think I'll have them both days that I'm there. :D

JediTricks
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
You know I was waiting to see if I'd take another member of SSG with me that had never been to Comic Con. That still could happen, but we won't be admitted to Sneak Preview Night and I can't say for sure what days that tickets will still be available for if that person confirms their plans.I know, but my argument was "get it now if you need it later", and you didn't, so haw haw. Anyway, I may have a solution for you, which I just mentioned on the phone.

And after the relapse of pain in my legs that I experienced today, which had me screaming like Han in his torture chair (I'm not joking either), I'm not sure I can run around the convention center like I used to. Friday is SW day and it's all in the same room, so that might've been a natural for me to attend - though I may have to leave early for dialysis. (Might also rework my medical treatment schedule that week if I can come down there really late on Saturday like I did last year. Then I'll stay for the full day on Friday.)Hopefully by then the muscles will be dealing better.

Anyway, wasn't the eat-on-the-lawn-idea Steve's anyway? The snack grill idea was his at the very least, as Steve discovered that place when he was staying at the Hilton. Imagine that: he was only here because he started a Star Wars website and began covering the toy conventions. But if you think about it: if Lucas had never invented Star Wars, and Kenner had never launched a huge merchandise line for it, so that one day Hasbro could buy it, and Steve could make a website dedicated to it, none of us would know where to get the best Philly Steak sandwiches in San Diego. Now that's important!Steve introduced me to the sandwich place, I found the lawn as a pleasant place to sit near the convention center and the sandwich place, and it was my idea to tie that all together (Steve thought we could eat at the sandwich place, but it was a packed house). Also, I'm the one who discovered they had awesome philly cheesesteaks. :p

Yes! the sandwiches!!! I think I'll have them both days that I'm there. :DWhat days are you going? Where are you staying?

figrin bran
06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
JT, I think I'll just commute. I plan to be there Thursday and Friday or Saturday though I think I'll try for Clone Wars Midnight Madness here in LA.

JediTricks
06-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Woo. It's a hefty commute, my friends did San Diego to LA for Celebration IV and it was a bit rough on them. Gonna do car or train? Train is a little slow but it drops you right by the trolley station that takes you straight to the convention center.

figrin bran
06-03-2008, 12:53 AM
I'd be so tired on the drive back. The Amtrak wasn't so bad when I took it last year and if it's good enough for Kristen Bell, it's good enough for me. And then coming home, I could just take the Red Line from Union Station to our local station and then walk a few blocks home.

JediTricks
06-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I took the train there and back, and I guess you were also at the Fanboys panel. :D I loved when she said that.