PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett

Son of a Sith
08-23-2001, 04:41 PM
Gonna go out on a limb here and throw something I've been thinking about to everyone, concerning Boba Fett. I was looking at the Selected Image of fellow Kiwi's Temuera Morrison and Daniel Logan together in what seems to be a cockpit setting. Now for all the talk of Boba Fett's involvement in AOTC, there's no casting credit that I've seen for Boba Fett, the talk of his involvement is cagey and everyone's assumed that the Selected Image of Fett and a Jedi (Obi-Wan? Anakin?) fighting is Boba Fett. I suggest this: what if the 'mysterious boy' (in the words of The Official Website) Daniel is playing is actually Fett Jnr? In other words, Boba Fett? That Jango is therefore Boba's father. And following that supposition, perhaps Boba inherits Jango's armour and appears fully formed in Episode III as the Fett we all know.

Feel free to disagree, or even better, put me straight on the official facts that I might've missed.

Cheers

bigbarada
08-23-2001, 04:50 PM
Spoiler: according to rumour Boba Fett is a cloned Jango Fett. Since we know that Temuera Morrison is playing Jango Fett then it is only safe to assume that the kid sitting next to him is Boba Fett.

Unconfirmed FACT: In an interview somewhere Morrison slipped and said that he was playing Boba Fett's father. (unconfirmed because I heard about the interview from my brother, and never read it.)

Confirmed FACT: George Lucas specifically said that Boba Fett would be in Ep2.

Jedi Clint
08-23-2001, 04:57 PM
I don't want to get into an E3 discussion in the AOTC forum, but I think your prediction about Boba Fett appearing as he did in the OT in E3 is quite possible. He is supposedly 12. Add a few years, and he could fill out the Fett costume that made the character famous - at least a similar version.

Son of a Sith
08-24-2001, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info!

JEDIpartner
08-24-2001, 01:05 PM
For as much as I hate going all E3 on you... Isn't E3 supposed to take place like 2 years after E2? That would make Boba Fett only 14 years old at that point... I don't see him being an adult there as (from what we know in E2) Jango asked them to make him a "normal" boy without all the accelerated development.

Jedi Clint
08-24-2001, 02:26 PM
JEDIpartnr,

I read a recent interview with GL. In it he mentioned Owen and Beru, and that we would see what they were doing 25 years earlier (not an exact quote). Jedi Tricks had a pretty good formula for working out the age of the twins. If I had to guess I would say they are 20 - 22. It seems to me, that leaves Lucas 2 or 3 years wiggle room.

derek
08-24-2001, 05:28 PM
this is pure speculation, but maybe the clones mature faster than the regular humans, thus the conveinence of growing a clone army. who'd want to wait 18 plus years for their soldiers to mature?

with this in mind, maybe boba fett will be full grown 2 years later in episode 3.

BenQuad
08-24-2001, 05:41 PM
I think we can be assured that we will see a very vengeful (and fully formed) Boba Fett ready for EP 3. So maybe JL will have to be creative with the age thing, but there must be a reason that he is only 12 in EP 2. (Other than marketing the film for children - again );)

Jedi Clint
08-24-2001, 05:57 PM
BenQuad,

So maybe JL will have to be creative with the age thing........

I didn't know Jett Lucas had that much decision making power. Then again..........

:D

Derek,

I was thinking along those lines for the army of clones (rapid aging), but I am not sure about Boba aging quickly. I think his age might have something to do with Palpatine's overall strategy for taking over the Republic, and the gap between TPM and AOTC.

BenQuad
08-24-2001, 06:00 PM
JC, I'm sure Rick will have given him permission. :)

The 'Xir
08-24-2001, 06:44 PM
A very long long time ago, I think 2 SSG forums back! I wrote a whole scroll, introduction, and outline for EpII! One of the things that I suggessted was that the DNA used for the clone army, came from Boba Fett!
Take into consideration, that Lucas will probably use the whole 'clones age faster' thing, because as Derek stated who wants to wait 18 years for their clones to mature before they can be used into the Army!
So, with this in mind, if BF were a clone he would probably age to death by the time Empire and RTOJ rolled around!
So, Either the DNA comes from BF, or it comes from Jango, and Boba is just his natural son! Or hopefully Lucas will come up with something totally different and wild and slap us all in the face! :eek:

Jedi Clint
08-24-2001, 07:17 PM
according to rumor, Boba is the test run for the cloning technology. Jango is the template.

If that holds true then perhaps after the successful test, they alter the DNA to create the quick-grow-super-soldier.

master jedi
08-24-2001, 10:27 PM
I've always thought that Boba was a super advanced clone.

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 12:00 PM
McCallum says the official timeline has:
Ep 1 32 years before ANH
Ep 2 22 years before ANH
Ep 3 20 years before ANH

Now, as for Boba, he HAS to have advanced aging since he's 12, unless the clone project started 3 years before Ep 1, which would make for a REALLY confusing plot device!

You know how Lucas made a bit of a boobery move with his "under 12 parsecs" line from ANH? I have the feeling that the clone issue will be the prequel equivalent of that. ;)

"I'm a clone! I'm attacking you!"

Obi-Don
08-25-2001, 01:57 PM
I was wondering if the stormtroopers are clones,which would make scense due the number of them,that might explain why they are so expendable.

bigbarada
08-25-2001, 02:06 PM
and so inept.

BenQuad
08-25-2001, 02:08 PM
We don't know for sure that the stormtroopers in the OT are clones. They could be just a regular enlisted army. Also, they may all be humanoid (obviously) but do they have to be human?

Son of a Sith
08-25-2001, 05:21 PM
I remember when I was a kid having a Star Wars manual - which had the Star Wars comic adaptation - that in the cast and character breakdowns suggested that Stormtroopers were clones.
It goes to show that even back then it was speculated about.

Jedi Clint
08-26-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
McCallum says the official timeline has:
Ep 1 32 years before ANH
Ep 2 22 years before ANH
Ep 3 20 years before ANH

Now, as for Boba, he HAS to have advanced aging since he's 12, unless the clone project started 3 years before Ep 1, which would make for a REALLY confusing plot device!

You know how Lucas made a bit of a boobery move with his "under 12 parsecs" line from ANH? I have the feeling that the clone issue will be the prequel equivalent of that. ;)

"I'm a clone! I'm attacking you!"

I knew you'd come through for me! :D I would like to discuss this further though. Lucas recent statement (see my earlier post) that E2 would take place 25 years before ANH. If that is true, then that would place E1 35 years before ANH. And if he then sticks to the timeline between E2 and E3, that would place E3 23 years before ANH. That is why I think the timeline might have changed a bit. In other words, it is my guesstimation that:

E1 takes place 35 years before ANH
E2 takes place 25 years before ANH
E3 takes place 20 - 22 years before ANH

I also have another theory that would place Boba's hatching before the events of TPM.

If Palp's master plan always included replacing the Jedi with an army, then perhaps the success of the Boba Fett project was what started his plan in motion. So Jango could have been cloned before TPM took place.

evenflow
08-27-2001, 09:01 AM
I am going to say that we will be seeing the Boba Fett we all know and love in Episode III. As for the Stormtroopers, I think they started out as clones. Then maybe it became like the services, you had to enlist?:confused:

JediTricks
08-27-2001, 09:56 AM
Clint, got a source on this interview? I haven't seen it, so I'm going by the most recent confirmed info I've got.

Jedi Clint
08-27-2001, 05:01 PM
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=8572"

The source link no longer works, but I saved it's text at the time. It is as follows:

The first film starts with the last age of the Republic, which it's getting tired. It's getting old. It's getting corrupt. There's the rise of the Sith who are now becoming a force. And in the backdrop of this you have Anakin Skywalker, a young boy destined to be very significant in bringing balance back to the force and the Republic. In the second film we get into more of that turmoil. We get into the clone wars. It's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Republic. It's sort of the beginning of the end of the Republic. It's Anakin Skywalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions, of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he's coping with. When we will get into the third film [EPISODE 3] where he's seduced to the dark side. In EPISODE 2 we get to go back to the homestead and we get to see Owen Lars and Aunt Beru 25 years earlier. "

I am still trying to find where they moved the story.

http://www.mothership.com/eon/news.asp?id=4166

It was at the link above.

JediTricks
08-28-2001, 10:02 AM
Thanks Clint. I'll have to watch the tape this is sourced from, but I am betting Lucas was using "twenty-five years" as a general term.

So who's gonna ask the SW.com Jedi Council this question? ;)

Jedi Clint
08-28-2001, 02:27 PM
Well, if you ever see one that answers:

In the behind the scenes look at Episode II, George said we would see what Owen & Beru were doing 25 years earlier. Does this mean "Attack of the Clones" takes place 25 years before "A New Hope"?

You know who asked it.