PDA

View Full Version : What I missed...

sith_killer_99
04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, it's fair to say that I have been on a long hiatus from Star Wars collecting.

Let's see, in July 2006 I left Fort Knox. I spent the next 4 months in school and had little time to collect, though I did manage to buy some stuff. Then from October to February I was very busy with pre-deployment stuff and spending time with the family. Then In march 2007 I deployed and have been in Afghanistan since. I will be headed home soon.

I have noticed some real gems out there. The re-release of the Dark Trooper, Biggs Darklighter, Ultimate Galactic Hunt variants, etc.

So, just out of curiosity, what do you all think have been the best new releases over the last 1 1/2 - 2 years?

JON9000
04-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I guess that limits things to the tail end of SAGA and the 30th AC and the Legends line.

Best:
McFett
Tantive IV Battlepack
Hermie Odle
SA Fett repack
Death Star Trooper
Biggs (pilot- I'm disappointed in Tosche Biggs, although glad to have him)
Jawa & LIN
Onith & Helrot (the bar!)
CZ4, Umpass, and Hermie
Han torture
Tycho
:deuce:
Eps III and II clones
501st clone (SA)
Biker Scout
$50 Shuttle
Target Ultra Battle Packs
The VTSC releases were all pretty strong

For the end of line SAGA figs, the only one I liked was Nabrun Leids and Kabe. A simple paint job made a world of difference for a "background" guy.

That may look like a lot, but considering the crush of product in 30th AC, it is a relatively small list.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
You could also read through the poll threads in the polls section. We had wave by wave favorite and least favorite polls for the TAC line. There was some discussion there about the merits (or lack thereof) of the figures.

I was most interested in the concept figures, vintage style figures, and the comic packs. I was also able to build up my Episode II clone army a bit with the Saga Legends SA clones.