PDA

View Full Version : Juno Eclipse

jedibear
04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Juno Eclipse...the SW FU version of BG's Starbuck...is an alright figure, kinda on the rubbery side and won't stand well unassisted, but she does look well displayed with other Imperial Officers. The removable cap is a nice touch...

Here's a shot....

El Chuxter
04-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Starbuck? Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? Starbuck is a dude.

bigbarada
04-14-2008, 12:34 AM
I liked the Empire better when it wasn't an equal opportunity organization. :rolleyes:

Jedi_Kal-El
04-14-2008, 03:30 AM
Starbuck? Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? Starbuck is a dude.

He means Kara Thrace. :p

:)

El Chuxter
04-14-2008, 08:21 AM
You're speaking Swahili to me.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
i really liked this figure, while it's not the best over all figure from the wave it's great when posed with other officers, i just hope they don't go back and start re doing all of the other imps. with removeable caps, as it's cool but not all of them need it...

Jedi_Kal-El
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
You're speaking Swahili to me.

Wouldn't be the first time we've spoke in tounges my friend. However I will eloborate that you're not wrong in saying Starbuck is a dude. I don't consider Kara Thrace "Starbuck". That's just her callsign. However, as far as the Juno figure goes I don't think she looks a thing like Thrace, and while there is a BSG figure of Thrace coming out in July, I still doubt there will be much resemblence. Just my opinion.

jedi master sal
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
i really liked this figure, while it's not the best over all figure from the wave it's great when posed with other officers, i just hope they don't go back and start re doing all of the other imps. with removeable caps, as it's cool but not all of them need it...

No offense, but I hope they do AND with this improved articulation to boot.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
No offense, but I hope they do AND with this improved articulation to boot.

I have to agree with you on this one Sal. There are alot more Imp officers who are more deserving of SA, and removable caps. Perhaps they'll use the upcoming Thrawn body. Would be a cheap move, but I wouldn't complain too much about it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Why would the Imperial officers need more articulation? For the scene where Ozzel killed fifty rebels with his bare hands? Oh, wait . . .

Juno is the only basic TFU figure I have (along with the Secret Apprentice set) and she's pretty good . . . maybe I'd be more excited if they didn't JUST release her as Deena Shan a few weeks beforehand. It's kind of a cop-out how they didn't use the head shown on the Deena Shan card but used the same for both . . .

bigbarada
04-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Why would the Imperial officers need more articulation?

So they can do things like sit down and get choked by Vader for their disturbing lack of faith.

I'm all for SA Imperial Officers.

jedi master sal
04-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Why would the Imperial officers need more articulation?

Well besides using them for customs to have sitting Death Star conference room officers (Tarkin, Motti, etc.), there are also officers sitting at the communications and gunnery stations on the bridge of Star Destroyers. They are also seen walking with Vader, scrambling around when the second Death Star is about to be blown up, etc.

There's plenty of reason. Heck if the Imp gunner and Imperial trooper are SA then why NOT the Imp officer?

Just makes sense and even more so now that there are TWO female SA Imp officers. Granted same mold, but different paint schemes.

I still would like to have SA Imp officers in their signature grey or olive or black uniforms. Though I want the grey and olive ones first since the black one is out now but with limited articulation.

DarkArtist
04-17-2008, 08:25 PM
i like Juno Eclipse. I have about 3 of her and 3 of the Lt Shan. thinking of army building them.

I have to agree I would love to see some of the Imp Officers in the SA format, starting with new sculpts of Tarkin, Ozzel, Motti, and Jerjerrod. would also just love to see some generic Imp Officers in both the Grey and the Black Uniforms.

jedi master sal
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
i like Juno Eclipse. I have about 3 of her and 3 of the Lt Shan. thinking of army building them.

I have to agree I would love to see some of the Imp Officers in the SA format, starting with new sculpts of Tarkin, Ozzel, Motti, and Jerjerrod. would also just love to see some generic Imp Officers in both the Grey and the Black Uniforms.

I've got the same amount. I'm not army building them, but using them for customs instead. And I agree completely about getting SA Imp Officers, both in grey and black as well I'd like the olive uniforms. There is so much potential for reissues with one mold and several rank changes/uniform color changes/head swaps. It would be relatively inexpensive for Hasbro to do and yet reap some great profits from.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Eh, well, the current Imperial Officers are pegwarming around here like mad. (Maybe everyone wants more articulation. :D ) I wouldn't really need any updated character-specific officers for dioramas, except maybe for a modern-style Piett. It could be nice to see ones with knees but they've got nowhere to sit so I could go either way.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
A modern style Piett would be my first choice for the next Imp to be released. He has decent screen time in two of the films, but we have yet to get an update of him. I don't mind the officers that came in the Death Star Briefing set, but I agree with Sal that it would be nice to be able to make them sit.

DarkArtist
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM
I so want a new Piett. I have been wanting an update of this figure since he originally came out in the old POTF line. at the time the figure was good, but now with the new articulation of figures Piett is long overdue. would also love a better likeness Jerjerrod (boy did Hasbro blow it with that sculpt)

Neuroleptic
04-19-2008, 06:35 PM
I have Lt. Shan and she's probably one of my favorite imp officers. I plan to get Juno Eclipse since I realy want another black uniform imperial officer to pilot my shuttle.

That is, IF ANYTHING for TFU EVER freaking shows up here! Walmart's shelves are full of LAST YEARS first and second wave (mostly clone trooper marines) with a small mix of one or two of last years later waves, and Target's shelves have been 100% empty for about two months now for star wars figures.

Talk about slim pickings.

I also may get the jump trooper and space trooper, and maybe the new jedi for TFU too. But like I said, they aren't stocking ANYTHING here for some reason. Only things new this year I have seen are the AT-AP (which I'm glad I got because I haven't seen it since) and a small ammount of this years Order 66 figures.

Old Fossil
04-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I bought this figure last night. I am pleasantly surprised to find that it's a very sturdy figure, dispite the thin-ness of the limbs and joints.

I think my other black-uniformed Imperial officers are a bit daunted by her.:laugh:

Phantom-like Menace
04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I think my other black-uniformed Imperial officers are a bit daunted by her.:laugh:

She's definitely poised to be the Ice Queen of my Imp officers.

Devil King
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I liked the Empire better when it wasn't an equal opportunity organization. :rolleyes:

Amen to that.

Neuroleptic
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I was able to get Juno last night (target finaly restocked!) and I am happy with her. Mostly, I got her and the comic pack of the same mold simply because they are better articulated imperial officers, and for a little variety to my "Empire shelf".

While I like them, I hope we don't see Hasbro start turning out millions of female officers because these two sold well. These two are enough for me.

Also, even though we don't see too many women in the empire or new republic military, (ok . . . we see none) I don't find it impossible to emagine there are a few.

After all, the empire is largely based on Nazi germany, and the germans did have women in there ranks during world war two. At least six were tried for various war crimes that I know of. One example: Irma Grese.

As I said before though, I don't want to see female imperials become a trend.

DarkArtist
05-02-2008, 08:26 PM
hey for those of us who want more Imperial Females - the new Marion Ravenwood figure's head fits on Juno's Body as well as the new Scarlet figure from the 25th GI Joe series.

Old Fossil
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
hey for those of us who want more Imperial Females - the new Marion Ravenwood figure's head fits on Juno's Body as well as the new Scarlet figure from the 25th GI Joe series.

I might get excited about that, if all the Marion Ravenwood figures I have seen did not have eyes like a deranged sea bass.