PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Luke?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Before the dark times, before the resculpts and variants, there was the Kenner Star Wars line. Simple, yet enjoyable. There were a few figures that had different outfits, Luke included, of course. Which of these is your favorite and why?
Luke Skywalker (yellow or brown hair)
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Fighter Pilot
Luke Skywalker Bespin Fatigues
Luke Skywalker Hoth Battle Gear
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight Outfit
Luke Skywalker Imperial Stormtrooper Disguise
Luke Skywalker Combat Poncho

Huh? HUH? :rolleyes:

SithDroid
02-14-2002, 10:47 PM
I was always partial to Luke Bespin. I just thought he looked cool.

boss nass
02-14-2002, 10:51 PM
ill go with bespin also

Vlad
02-15-2002, 01:41 AM
Definitely Jedi Knight - he had the awesome cloth robe. Not to mention he had the most movie-like weapons of the lukes. He was the only luke of the vintage line to come with a green or blue lightsaber.

Beast
02-15-2002, 02:12 AM
My favorite would also have to be Luke Skywalker: Bespin Fatigues. Yep, I'm a sucker pretty much for figures from Empire. Always loved this outfit, it was definatly better then Luke's ANH outfit. Most of the other vintage Luke's were pretty good also, but I think I would have to say in order of best to worst:

1. Luke Skywalker: Bespin Fatigues
2. Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight Outfit
3. Luke Skywalker: Hoth Battle Gear )
4. Luke Skywalker: Combat Poncho
5. Luke Skywalker: Imperial Stormtrooper Disguise
6. Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Fighter Pilot
7. Luke Skywalker: Original (yellow or brown hair)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-15-2002, 02:18 AM
Luke Skywalker Bespin Fatigues just because I like it more than the others :)

evenflow
02-15-2002, 06:08 AM
My favorite has to be Jedi Knight Luke . He has a lightsaber, a gun, and a cloak. WHat more could you ask for.

LusiferSam
02-16-2002, 09:23 AM
As a kid I like Bespin Luke better. But now its Jedi Luke. He has a cloak, green (or blue) lightsaber, and the he make a grab for in the movie. That and I have always like ROTJ better then ESB.

Rollo Tomassi
02-16-2002, 11:07 AM
I think LusiferSam meant to say (type?) "...the gun he made a grab for in the movie..."

I choose Jedi Luke as well. That cloth cloak STILL rules.

sith_killer_99
02-16-2002, 05:00 PM
Yep, my vote goes to Jedi Luke as well.

hamsterboy
02-17-2002, 01:11 AM
Bespin Luke for me. After seeing the original for three years,it was great too see a different outfit.

Creger5150
02-17-2002, 06:00 AM
Bespin Luke for me too. But with Blond Hair. I hate the brown hair Lukes!!!

marsboy
02-17-2002, 06:48 AM
X wing Luke saw the most play time but I think Bespin Luke was my favorite

Bel-Cam Jos
02-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Bespin Luke is in my top 3 all time, in the Kenner line. The outfit is my favorite in the films (even better than Fett's!), and it came with two weapons :eek: ! I liked the "brown" hair Lukes better, though, even though it was more of a tan than brown.

Fixer
02-27-2002, 08:51 AM
Bespin Luke for me. After seeing the original for three years,it was great too see a different outfit.

Absolutely right. He was finally out of his farm-boy togs. Plus he had a separate "real" lightsaber! Whoo-hoo! Man, it was a happy day when I ripped that sucker open.

bigbarada
03-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Hard choice...........hmmmm.......Bespin Luke or Jedi Luke????

choices, choices.....

Oh well, cloth accessories always give a leg up on the competition so I pick Jedi Knight Luke.

2-1B
03-08-2002, 06:51 PM
I also narrow it down to Bespin and Jedi . . . I'll take the Bespin version, I guess I just have sentimental reasons - I didn't have the Jedi version as a kid but that Bespin Luke sure got a workout.

Re: Hoth Luke, he didn't come with a lightsaber, did he? He should have :)

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Re: Hoth Luke, he didn't come with a lightsaber, did he? He should have
He had a shoulder strap rifle (the same as Rebel Commander and I think AT-AT Commander).

Figures with light sabers:
Darth Vader [red]
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi [blue]
Luke Skywalker [yellow]
Luke Skywalker: Bespin Fatigues [yellow]
Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight Outfit [green or blue]

I believe that's it.

jblodgett
03-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Definitely Bespin Luke. I remember when one of the kids at my school brought Bespin Luke and Hoth Han up to school one day-- before ESB came out- and I was just in awe of both of those figures.

To this day, Bespin Luke remains my favorite figure- both in the vintage and in the modern line.

In fact-- at one point in time I actually LOST my bespin luke. And- being that the movies were over- I could never find another one. So I wrote to Hasbro and explained my predicament- and believe it or not they wrote me back, told me to call them collect, and for $7 or so (seemed like a fortune back then) I got another Bespin Luke. Granted, he didn't come on a card or anything- but it was a happy day when he arrived in my mailbox.