PDA

View Full Version : SA Rebel Pilot

Mister Roboto
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
First, we need a Dutch Vander sculpt, proper helmet, detachable hose, and a firing pocket rocket. Oh yes, this is a must. We can't let a perfect mold like that just be used once. Hasbro should use that body to make other pilots. A couple random background pilots from each of the OT films would be nice. But why stop there? How about a Walrusman, Duro, Greedo, or Ree-Yees rebel pilot? Add in a Hammerhead while they are at it, he made a good Jedi afterall. They could also use Hermie Odle's head on the SA Dutch Vander Body. He'd be looking straight up, so no one could get the drop on him! The Luke Rebel Pilot body is almost short enough compared to some of the POTF2 figures that Hasbro could an Ewok or Jawa head on it. Of course, since they aren't sculpting new figures, these should cost less than the main line.

They could all be part of a series of Battle Packs. The motley crew of Rebel Pilots versus a squadron specific TIE pilots painted different colors.

bigbarada
04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure where you've been, but Hasbro has been getting a lot of mileage out of that Dutch Vander body. Sure it's a nice sculpt, but the articulation is outdated and his arms are pre-posed in a bizarre way (I think "wonky" is the word that JT used for it). Then there's the fact that he's just too tall to represent your average Rebel.

So, I think that figure has run it's course, time to start fresh with an all-new sculpt.

As for your alien pilot ideas, sounds more like a customizing project to me not something that Hasbro should be wasting their money on. If Hasbro started churning out poorly-conceived, kit-bashed junk like this, then the entire line would tank in a hurry.

Even though, based on some of your suggestions, I can't help but think that this entire thread is some kind of joke. Hermi Odle's head on Dutch Vander's body? That's ridiculous.

Devo
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
When I saw the title I assumed this was a Gothiczartan thread. Have to say I'm assuming you're joking though I'm not completely sure. Correction, you are clearly joking in some parts whilst perhaps not so clearly joking in other parts.

Gothiczartan
04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I've been telling you that no more using the dutch vander body anymore because he has not ball jointed shoulders and elbows and no ball jointed neck and ankles.

if you want a SA pilot

a pilot needed to be ball jointed to neck to ankles!

Kidhuman
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Ball joint shoulders suck

bigbarada
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Ball joint shoulders suck

I'm not buying anymore new figures unless they have ball-joint shoulders. I think they are a must these days.

Kidhuman
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I stillthink they are horrid and no figure eeds ball joints on any limb. I want 6 points of articulation like the vintage days.

bigbarada
04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
I stillthink they are horrid and no figure eeds ball joints on any limb. I want 6 points of articulation like the vintage days.

Well, technically, there were only 5 points of articulation in the vintage days (none of the figures back then had swivel waists). However, I always remember thinking that GI Joe figures were better figures because they had more articulation. Although back then I didn't know it was called articulation, I just knew that my GI Joes could bend their knees and elbows and my Star Wars figures couldn't.

But that's really beside the point, because I don't think that Star Wars figures would be able to remain competitive today with only 5 or 6 points of articulation. Collectors would still buy them because they have the Star Wars logo, but they would lose a lot of appeal to kids who have lots and lots of choices in the toy aisle.

mabudonicus
04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
If they made a 2-!b Rebeal pilot, SA with detachable hose I'd probably get one
:bored: Iso&Baws
Seriously

Gothiczartan
05-01-2008, 08:36 PM
we can make a poll on what rebel pilots we like to see made

here is this link I got an idea from

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3176863&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3176863

that upcoming evolution set pilots ten numb figure, they can reuse it to create a human version of a b wing pilot by adding a new head sculpt with removable skull cap and helmet headset, also make a human female b wing pilot as well with new head and torso (breifly seen in ROTJ)

Kidhuman
05-01-2008, 10:18 PM
why use an alien sculpt to make a human figure? That makes no sense. Might as well use the Jabba mold to make Luke

mabudonicus
05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I actually rhink Pilot Luke's head on POTF II Admiral Acbar's body with maybe some fairly neutral arms would be kinda cool as a re-pack

Dengar in Storm Trooper disguise would be friggin sweet too, if he were in rebel pilot gear and SA out the wa zoo
:beard: Iso&Baws
what's wrong with a Luke-headed Jabba?? I bet it'll come to pass in the EU by 2018 :D

El Chuxter
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read, mabs. :)

Kidhuman
05-02-2008, 09:56 PM
It may e dumb, but people will buy it because Hasbro will make it an exclusive to SDCC and charge 3000 dollars for it and make every red cent off it possible. Scalpers will buy case loads. and hell, I will buy and Dengar figure. How about an SA 2-1B in pilot gear?

mtriv73
05-03-2008, 05:07 PM
It may e dumb, but people will buy it because Hasbro will make it an exclusive to SDCC and charge 3000 dollars for it and make every red cent off it possible. Scalpers will buy case loads. and hell, I will buy and Dengar figure. How about an SA 2-1B in pilot gear?

Would a droid even need to wear a flight suit?

Kidhuman
05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Would a droid even need to wear a flight suit?

Dont question the deuces motives. He will wear one and the variant will be with out one

mtriv73
05-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I wonder what helmet style he would choose? Obviously the Deuce could rock any of them. :laugh:

Kidhuman
05-17-2008, 04:04 PM
mabunodicus el chuxer is right that is really dumb, we are talking about SA pilots not dengar and ackbar. they already tried a new dengar.
i guess i wouldn't mind a new ackbar with ball jointed shoulders though. at least he fits in with the thought of pilots making their attack.

What new Dengar did they try? They tried rebel pilots also and they keep re-trying them. I wish they dont put ball jointed shoulders on them. I hate those things, bleck!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-17-2008, 04:38 PM
mabunodicus el chuxer is right that is really dumb, we are talking about SA pilots not dengar and ackbar. they already tried a new dengar.
i guess i wouldn't mind a new ackbar with ball jointed shoulders though. at least he fits in with the thought of pilots making their attack.

oh gothiczartan, you rascal :twisted:

Kidhuman
05-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Dont think, know for sure. They suck and make the figure too bulky

Gothiczartan
05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=173&itemid=11088

check this out!