PDA

View Full Version : eFX's new Stormtrooper Helmet

JediTricks
04-15-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=1415

Price is pretty much where the other line left off, not really surprising.

Looks like a pretty decent replica, and I like that they got the bubble lenses right, it was beginning to feel like no prop replica helmet would ever totally get that right.

Jayspawn
04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm glad they're making them. Easy pass for me as I'm content with my MR helmet.

Cant wait to hear about their future products though.

stillakid
04-16-2008, 12:42 AM
WHEN will somebody make a legitimate ROTJ Vader Reveal mask? THAT's been what I really want for a long time. The lame ROTS version doesn't count.

timtk115
04-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Looks like my armor FX helmet that I have at home, which only cost me $500 for the complete Stormtrooper costume from wookie cantina a few years ago. $400 is a little steep for something that looks just like my armor FX helmet.

Jayspawn
04-17-2008, 11:20 AM
$400 isnt a bad price at all though. Yes its a little cheaper if you buy it with a full set of armor -but you kind of have to for a color match.

Even though I got a discount with MR -it was worth every penny.

timtk115
04-17-2008, 12:03 PM
It is a good looking helmet, the best I've seen made besides the original props. A little expensive, but compared to other options out there like SDSProps (Shepperton Design Studios) who claim to be making helmets from the original molds there ANH Hero helmet is $800, ANH Stunt helmet about $700, and the cheapest priced-battle spec helmet just under $500, and there probably not able to ship to the US since Lucasfilm sued them.
And I don't even know what it'd cost to just get a Armor FX helmet kit, but then you'd have to put it together and if your not a good kit builder it might be a challenge for some people.
And brings me to my next question, I wonder what they will be made of? The Clone trooper helmets were fiberglass. It will probably be made of a polyplastic styrene like the original Stormtrooper helmets.

eFXAmy
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone!

Long time no see!

As you can see, eFX is up and running! It has been a very exciting few months for us planning and designing our upcoming line of Star Wars collectibles. I can't really talk about it yet but you will find out soon enough and I can promise you will not be dissapointed! :grin:

I am glad to see that you all have heard about about our Stormtrooper helmet! As many of you know, Master Replicas was unable to finish their full run of this product. The edition size was supposed to be 2,500 but they were only able to produce a little over 1,000 before their license expired resulting in the cancellation of about 500 pre-orders.

Lucasfilm became aware of this issue and discussed it with us to determine a way to help out the fans and fix this short fall. Rather than see disappointed fans facing high prices on e-Bay, etc., Lucasfilm granted eFX special permission to make additional helmets at this time, even though it was not part of our original product plan.

The Stormtrooper helmet will be available for pre-order on May 5th. It is a very, very limited run of 500 so be sure to get your order in early if you want one. I don't think they are going to last long.

If you haven't done so already, please take a minute to register on our website at www.efxcollectibles.com (http://www.efxcollectibles.com) so you can receive our email updates about this product and all of our exciting upcoming products as well.

It is great to be back as a proud member of the eFX team. I have missed talking with all of you. If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Amy L. Blanchard
Customer Service Manager
eFX Inc.

Exhaust Port
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
So as a prop helmet are they set up to be worn or is the inside empty requiring the buyer to fit it with foam and what-not to make it sit on your head right?

eFXAmy
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi Exhaust,

The padding is already in there so you can wear it.

So as a prop helmet are they set up to be worn or is the inside empty requiring the buyer to fit it with foam and what-not to make it sit on your head right?

JediTricks
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Amy, thanks for keeping us in the loop, and congratulations on this move! :thumbsup:

That's really interesting, I didn't realize this was due to the canceled orders, that's cool that eFX and Lucasfilm were able to make this happen.

bigbarada
04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

Long time no see!

As you can see, eFX is up and running! It has been a very exciting few months for us planning and designing our upcoming line of Star Wars collectibles. I can't really talk about it yet but you will find out soon enough and I can promise you will not be dissapointed! :grin:

I am glad to see that you all have heard about about our Stormtrooper helmet! As many of you know, Master Replicas was unable to finish their full run of this product. The edition size was supposed to be 2,500 but they were only able to produce a little over 1,000 before their license expired resulting in the cancellation of about 500 pre-orders.

Lucasfilm became aware of this issue and discussed it with us to determine a way to help out the fans and fix this short fall. Rather than see disappointed fans facing high prices on e-Bay, etc., Lucasfilm granted eFX special permission to make additional helmets at this time, even though it was not part of our original product plan.

The Stormtrooper helmet will be available for pre-order on May 5th. It is a very, very limited run of 500 so be sure to get your order in early if you want one. I don't think they are going to last long.

If you haven't done so already, please take a minute to register on our website at www.efxcollectibles.com (http://www.efxcollectibles.com) so you can receive our email updates about this product and all of our exciting upcoming products as well.

It is great to be back as a proud member of the eFX team. I have missed talking with all of you. If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Amy L. Blanchard
Customer Service Manager
eFX Inc.

**coughcough**pleasemakeaBikerScoutPistol!**coughc ough**

Anyways, this helmet looks pretty sweet, and I'm seriously considering buying one.

sergiurusu
06-19-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm getting an eFX stormie helmet for sure!! :yes:

sergiurusu
06-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Some pics of the stand and plaque

Jayspawn
06-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Looks great! The helmet is the exact same version as MR's -but you cant go wrong with either of them. I'm glad they went with the plaques again -very classy, nice design. I prefer the MR plaque stand though.

sergiurusu
06-21-2008, 02:09 AM
eFX Amy said their helmets will be painted better especially on that frown where the MR one had very sloppy paint apps. On the other hand if you look closely the plaque can slide in and out of the plaque stand

bkh0501
06-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I definite must have, but I'd like to put together a C-3PO costume first.

eFXAmy
07-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

The big day is almost here! We are very excited to be launching our website and our Stormtrooper Helmet next week. I hope you are all excited as well.

I wanted to let you know that I will be around this weekend to answer any questions you may have about the ST Helmet and the ordering process.

The eFX team wishes you all a very happy and safe Fourth of July.

Amy

sergiurusu
07-04-2008, 12:24 PM
All the best Amy!:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
07-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Great to hear Amy! Thanks again for the update! I'll be passing on this helmet as I got the MR Stormie.

But I'm excited about the future releases, so all the best!

Jayspawn
07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Well sergiurusu, did you get a Stormie helmet? Would look great with your Bonehill signed plaque displayed below it.

sergiurusu
07-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah I got it, not directly from eFX, but from an European distributor. Will have to wait until August to receive it though, but still shipping costs are way lower than the FedEx offered for international customers

Jayspawn
07-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Good to hear. I think you'll be very satisfied. I love my MR version. I'm just waiting for the glorious day when I can have everything displayed.

eFXAmy
07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
We have some good news for Canada residents. We can now offer you Ground Shipping from Fed Ex which is much more economical. You can get the Stormtrooper Helmet with a shipping rate of $42.95.

If you decide to order, please email me at customerservice@efxcollectibles.com with your order number and full name so I can be sure we adjust your shipping charges before we charge your card.

Amy

sergiurusu
07-11-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm going to display it with this custom plaque too

sergiurusu
08-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Finally I got my eFX stormtrooper helmet. :) Special thanks to Bryan and Amy at eFX! The helmet is awesome, I really love the new stand and plaque much better then the old MR ones and very elegant. As for the helmet itself it is AMAZING! Very detailed and I love the wonkiness that comes with this splendid replica.

Hope soon eFX will make an Original Trilogy Darth Vader helmet, that would be great to get together with Stormie helmet.

Jayspawn
08-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Congrats on your new Stormie Helmet! Glad you like it too -I love my MR Stormie (although it is in storage until I can build my Ultimate display room)

I hope eFX does the ANH Vader helmet, as it has unique characteristics compared to the others. Hopefully they got some other unmade helmets in their brainstorm.

sergiurusu
08-30-2008, 03:47 AM
I remember reading somewhere (StarWarsHelmets site think) that MR planned a ROTJ full reveal Vader helmet. Hope eFX will do this :thumbsup:

As for my display room, it will be finished when moving to the new house at the end of this year. I'm going to make 5 curios/display cabinets, 2 will be on a wall and the rest on the opposite wall. Each one will be about 2 meters tall and about 1 meter wide. The depth and distance between shelves will be about 35 cm in both cases if I remember correctly - so there will be a lot of space to display stuff, especially 1/6 figures and statues. I'm going to make the shelves out of wood, not glass, because they will be sturdier this way and will hold the heavy items (like GG statues). And of course they will have glass doors to protect the collectibles inside.

Jayspawn
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Thinking about getting the MR CE Stormtrooper Helmet. Its relatively inexpensive, not going for too bad a price on Ebay.

sergiurusu
09-03-2008, 01:41 AM
The MR CE Stormtrooper helmet is quite cool. Nice for display (even together with the LE or eFX), not expensive, great quality and excellent for trooping.:thumbsup: