PDA

View Full Version : Falcon and AT-TE - how will you display yours?

Devo
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
A grand ol' excuse for me to jabber on about how I'm going to have mine displayed.

Well, I expect the Falcon is going to be so big as to dominate the entirety of one of my big deep shelves. I think my jedi council may end up being a casualty. Ideally I could have it in the open and on a table like some will do but I don't have that space - so my modes of display will be limited.

I'm going to keep it with open top, raised canopy and boarding ramp lowered so that all features and figures can be seen and demonstrated. So I'm going to need one of my vertically high shelves. I doubt I'll be able to incorporate it into any existing diorama such as Echo base since to do so would be to evict snowspeeders. Its likely then that I'll still be using POTF2 there.

The BMF will be displayed purely on its own merits in this case, although I'll try to fit some contextable figures around it and at the boarding ramp to either create a limited Death Star hangar display, Docking bay 94 or Yavin base. (stormtroopers, imperial scanning troopers, ANH Vader, imp.officer/Jabba, Han&Chewie, Boba fett, Greedos/Han&Chewie with 'reward' cargo and X-wing Luke)

For the interior my plan is to work in as many different film scenes at once that I can with exception of ROTJ as there was really only one part of the Falcon seen in ROTJ, the cockpit, and I've already designated that for ESB:

Cockpit - Smuggler Lando and Chewie, since I have no other context for smuggler lando it makes sense to use the cockpit for the ESB closing scene

Main hold - ANH dejarik scene and all relevant characters

corridor - ANH smuggler compartment scene&relevant characters

medical bay - ESB scene with a saga bespin Luke and Bespin escape Leia

The problem with my display is that unless I have it mounted on a rotatable platform I won't be able to see the Falcon from all angles and I'll have to take it off the shelf anytime I want to look at everything or set the ship up in an alternative, non-permanent diorama - the kind of multi-ship diorama I sometimes do when I have the time that takes up the floor of my bedroom - and must therefore be dismantled before a day is out. I do love my hangar bays.

As for the AT-TE....if I buy it...This will probably be squashed in somewhere, a very compacted diorama - so compacted it won't be worth calling a diorama - more like an assemblage of Geonosis contexted figures&vehicles in no particular battle set-up, likewise to be taken down occasionally to be set up in one of my temporary floor dioramas. But I certainly have a number of excess AOTC clones to fill it with, figures I otherwise don't know what to do with.

And thats me. What about everyone else?

DarkArtist
04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
thinking of putting an EU version of Order 66 with the AT-TE, or perhaps the blast of Obi Wan with Boga , Kenobi, Cody and a few clones. I have a mini holo emperor for Cody.

as far as the Falcon, I think I might just display as you first see it with Luke, Obi Wan, Han, Chewie, Threepio and R2 "What a piece of Junk." or maybe with the stormtroopers "Stop that Ship Blast Him"

bigbarada
04-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I have an old, round kitchen table that has just been used to store empty boxes for the last couple years. They're microwave and TV boxes so they're pretty big, but I'll dump them all since I dont' use them and dedicate the tabletop to the BMF Falcon. I don't have any big plans for dioramas but will probably dedicate the entire vessel to recreating the Mos Eisley Hangar Bay if anything.

I don't have any clear plans for the AT-TE as of yet.

stillakid
04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't know... I'll have to see the Falcon first, but I suspect that if I display it anywhere for now, I'll have to hang it from the ceiling.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I currently don't have much of anything on display, but these pieces will need to be displayed well.

I'll likely have the AT-TE in a Geonosis set-up along with most of the other Republic and Separatist vehicles. I bought several more AOTC Clones last year (and got one today, actually), so they will stand around it and look awesome. :D I really don't think I'll get more than one AT-TE due to both the cost and size.

The only Falcon I used in my diorama set-up at my old house was for Mos Eisley; well, it was on the ANH shelf and Han, Jabba, Boba Fett, and poncho Luke were nearby. But like some others, I would like to do the "what a piece of junk" scene. I'll likely keep it closed while it's displayed. However, due to its size, I don't even know if it will fit on one of my shelves. That will be interesting to see but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Maybe I'll get a cheap end table to put it on.

Snowtrooper
04-18-2008, 10:17 PM
For the interior my plan is to work in as many different film scenes at once that I can with exception of ROTJ as there was really only one part of the Falcon seen in ROTJ, the cockpit, and I've already designated that for ESB

I plan on doing this, although at this point I'm not sure which ones I will do.

The AT-TE I plan on cramming as many clones into it as I can.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I already have shelf room for the AT-TE. By the time they both come out, I should have things arranged enough to have space for the Falcon too. Not quite sure which figures I'm going to use yet for each.

Old Fossil
04-18-2008, 11:17 PM
I have an old, round kitchen table that has just been used to store empty boxes for the last couple years. They're microwave and TV boxes so they're pretty big, but I'll dump them all since I dont' use them and dedicate the tabletop to the BMF Falcon. I don't have any big plans for dioramas but will probably dedicate the entire vessel to recreating the Mos Eisley Hangar Bay if anything.

I have pretty much the same thing in mind. I plan on using several of the ridiculously large number of Saga Legends Sandtroopers I've picked up over the last year or so to make it scene-specific for the "Stop that ship! Blast 'em!" sequence, with Han caught by surprise on the Falcon's ramp.

Jargo
04-19-2008, 07:11 AM
I've got no space and no idea what to do with it but it's one item my partner actually likes so i've not got a fight on my hands over having it out on display. I'd kinda like to have it on the wall at an angle like it was stuck to the side of the ISD. got a spot in my living room where there's a horrible picture. guess i'd just make a couple of brackets to hold it in place and have it on the wall above the tv.

or i might just stand it on end next to my bed or hang it in the stairwell with a big wing tie fighter on its tail.

i just don't know.

Kidhuman
04-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I dont know yet.

JON9000
04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I need to see how close the landing gears are together. It would be nice to put it on top of my two-drawer file cabinet in the office/spare room. The AT-AT and GG Slave Leia will have to find a new spot!

Heck, I don't even mind just keeping it boxed standing straight up on the top of my toy shelf. It's a pretty boring spot right now, with four white office boxes filled with loose toys and six tackle boxes with loose figures. The only thing cool there is Sideshow PF Leia.

jedi master sal
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
for the Falcon, I'll prolly display it with a myriad of scenes:
Luke training with Obi watching
Han at his tech station
Chewie and the droids at the Dejarik table
Han in the gunner station
Leia tending to Luke in the medical bay
Han, Chewie, C-3PO and Leia in the cockpit ala asteroid chase scene
Han going up the boarding ramp
Chewie making repairs topside of the ship

As far as the AT-TE goes, since I will be buying three here are how I plan to display them:

Geonosis:
This will be placed in my big diorama. Surrounded by clones as well as the CIS army coming towards it. I'll make it look like a missle from a hailfire droid is coming towards it. Laser fire all around

Utapau:
While the clone army engages the CIS, this AT-TE will be positioned to take aim at Obi-wan on Boga. Many clones will be near this AT-TE

Felucia/Extra:
This one will be used fo various display. Primarily Felucia. However, I want to do some fun things with this. First will be to make it look like the clones are cleaning it. Various rags, hoses and other car wash type cleaning equiptment will be in the clones hands. It's just something for fun.

stillakid
04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I've been thinking about how to best display the AT-TE.

I'm thinking that mine will best be displayed in the box on a shelf at the local Target or Toys R Us. That way, more people will get to see it! :)

But it will be for a limited time only as TRU will eventually need the shelf space for better toys from better movies. :)

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 02:03 PM

I'm thinking that mine will best be displayed in the box on a shelf at the local Target or Toys R Us. That way, more people will get to see it! :)

But it will be for a limited time only as TRU will eventually need the shelf space for better toys from better movies. :)

Awesome.

I don't understand why every home doesn't have this response.

Turbowars
04-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I'll probably hang the Falcon and if I get an AT-TE, it go on top of a Detolf. And when my cousin comes over he'll play with them. Then again they might just stay in their boxes for the time being.

bigbarada
04-20-2008, 02:53 PM

Great idea! I've decided that's exactly how I'm going to display my entire Force Unleashed collection.:thumbsup:

I think I've come up with a new idea for displaying my Falcon, if Hasbro makes super-articulated figures of Bespin Han and Hoth Leia, then I think I might dedicate the vehicle to an ESB set-up. Most likely the inside of the Space Slug. Although I'd have to find a way to get the airmasks for the figures and a few Mynocks.

Ji'dai
04-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Didn't you ever get a POTF2 Mynock Hunt cinema scene? The Han, Chewie, and Leia figures all had masks and it came with a mynock too. Then there was the '03 SAGA Mynock Hunt Chewie resculpt that came with a mask and a transparent, rubbery mynock with suction cup mouth.

bigbarada
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Didn't you ever get a POTF2 Mynock Hunt cinema scene? The Han, Chewie, and Leia figures all had masks and it came with a mynock too. Then there was the '03 SAGA Mynock Hunt Chewie resculpt that came with a mask and a transparent, rubbery mynock with suction cup mouth.

I remember those and I used to have them, but I sold off my whole collection back in 2002 and I think I gave that Chewbacca to my nephews at some point between 2003-2005. So I don't have any of them anymore; but I'm pretty sure they'd be easy to track down on Ebay. I'll wait until we see a new Bespin Han and Hoth Leia though.

dindae
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I haven't completely decided. But due to the size of both vehicles they will likely find a home on top of my display cabinets. The AT-TE will be displayed with the Spider Droid with a buch of clones shoved in it. The Falcon will likely be by itself. I will likely do the delete ROTJ scene since I will get the figures and have no other use for them and then throw other figures inside to make use of the various features. I won't be able to see the figures inside while it is on the cabinet so the fact that the figures inside not matching the display outside won't bother me.

Tycho
04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
In terms of diorama designs / plans, JediMasterSal is very close to being my twin! So I'll quote him to begin with:

for the Falcon, I'll prolly display it with a myriad of scenes:
Luke training with Obi watching
Han at his tech station
Chewie and the droids at the Dejarik table
Han in the gunner station
Leia tending to Luke in the medical bay
Han, Chewie, C-3PO and Leia in the cockpit ala asteroid chase scene
Han going up the boarding ramp
Chewie making repairs topside of the ship

As far as the AT-TE goes, since I will be buying three here are how I plan to display them:

Geonosis:
This will be placed in my big diorama. Surrounded by clones as well as the CIS army coming towards it. I'll make it look like a missle from a hailfire droid is coming towards it. Laser fire all around

Utapau:
While the clone army engages the CIS, this AT-TE will be positioned to take aim at Obi-wan on Boga. Many clones will be near this AT-TE

Note I'm getting 2 AT-TEs while he's getting 3. Therein lies the only difference with these.

With the Falcon, I've been seriously considering doing what he's suggesting. The othe option I like is putting only the Sandstorm figures on board, and hoping they act on their plans to make Leia, and that I find an appropriate Lando to add to the scene. That huge ship will seem rather empty with only 7 figures aboard her though. But "the real Millennium Falcon" was rather empty most of the time in the feature films.

Blue2th
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Think I'll display the Falcon like JMS, with as many mixed scenes the Falcon appeared in, and that really isn't a whole lot of figures on the inside, but alot can be put around the outside.

Though I like the Utapua scene, I think I will more than likely do a Geonosis scene, because of all the enemy vehicles that are already made, or will be made. It just makes for a bigger battle diorama. I might mix it up though.

stillakid
04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm going to repaint mine in psychedelic Sixties colors, cover the practice droid ball with mirrors and fill the place with the hottie action figures from the Star Wars Universe. It'll be the IT party of the galaxy. :smoker:

Tycho
04-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Yarna dancin' on the chess table - right Stilla? ;)

stillakid
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Yarna dancin' on the chess table - right Stilla? ;)

There's somebody for everybody. :love: