PDA

View Full Version : Show of hands: who is and isn't getting the AT-TE and/or Falcon?

El Chuxter
04-17-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm starting two almost identical threads here, to keep them out of the respective AT-TE and Falcon threads.

I'm not saying the AT-TE looks bad. Quite the opposite. It looks like one of the best toys of all time. (But not as cool as that Falcon.)

That said, I'm not buying it. Maybe if KB has it for $40 next year, but definitely not for $100+.

If it had come out two or three years ago, no question about it, it would be mine. Now, though, I'm no longer a completist and recognize that I haven't got the room right now for such a piece, and there are other things I'd rather (and should) spend my money on.

I'm not asking for debate in this thread. Just chime in if you're not planning to get the AT-TE.

El Chuxter
04-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm starting two almost identical threads here, to keep them out of the respective AT-TE and Falcon threads.

I'm not saying the Falcon looks bad. Quite the opposite. It looks like one of the best toys of all time.

That said, I'm not buying it. Maybe if KB has it for $40 next year, but definitely not for $150+.

If it had come out two or three years ago, no question about it, it would be mine. Now, though, I'm no longer a completist and recognize that I haven't got the room right now for such a piece, and there are other things I'd rather (and should) spend my money on.

I'm not asking for debate in this thread. Just chime in if you're not planning to get the Falcon.

JediTricks
04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure, at this point I'm leaning towards "not getting it" just because it's never really been THAT important to me, my biggest interaction with it is in SW Battlefront II and that's just blowing it up with mines.

Jargo
04-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm definitely positively unswervingly not getting this awful vehicle. it's ugly and I like it not.

stillakid
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
From the pix I've seen, it look very boring and too clean. Sure, it walks, but big deal. And I barely remember it from any of the movies. I assume it was in AOTC but I really can't be sure of that.

It's a big ol' YAWNer which makes me wonder why Hasbro would choose that to ever make, much less now and much less so costly.

If there was a reason to buy it for me it would be to satisfy the "completist" inside, though even that desire has slowly drained away for a variety of reasons.

Ji'dai
04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
No, I'm not getting one. I really dislike the prequels and have absolutely no interest in collecting vehicles from those movies. I doubt I'd get one even if I saw it on deep clearance (such as the POTF2 AT-ATs that hit $10 at one point).

Devo
04-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I just don't know. One day I want to, the next I don't. Its a prequel vehicle which goes against it by default. As El Chux said, had it come out in 2002 I most likely would have bought it.

Old Fossil
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
It's cool and all but I can't even bring myself to buy an AT-AP. No room for it, no place for it in my diminishing shelf displays. I think kids will love it, though.

I will make room for the BMF, though.:yes:

Neuroleptic
04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I will not be getting this. Even once I move and my wife lets me expand my shelf space for my collection, I will not have the room for it. On top of that, the cost alone will keep me away. Unless I have stumbled across a large amount of money, it is rare that I buy something for more than $20.00 U.S.D. for star wars now that I'm married.

I just can't justify it, especialy since the price of gass just shot up 10 more cents in my area.

I do however, think it's going to be awsome to see one in person. As for it being too clean, a little work with a graphite stick and some acrylic metalic colors dry brushed here and there along edges and maybe some rust can make a huge difference if you know what you're doing.

I say, for those who can afford it and have the room, go for it.

Unfortunately, I have neither.

figrin bran
04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm not 100% set on buying one nor am I 100% set on not buying it. With the great number of clones that I own, it's likely that I will get one. But only one.

General_Grievous
04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm not buying it because I don't collect vehicles anymore. But if I did, I'd be all over it.

bigbarada
04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Matt's son is a big Star Wars fan and his birthday is in August. So if I can find one, I'll buy one for him as a birthday present. Or a Christmas present if I find one later on. I don't plan to buy one for myself at this point, but I haven't completely ruled it out either.

2-1B
04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
You buy your boss's kid gifts ?

bigbarada
04-17-2008, 10:26 PM
You buy your boss's kid gifts ?

Well, he's more of a friend than a boss.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-17-2008, 11:17 PM
*Raises hand

I will not be purchasing the at-te *shrugs

Phantom-like Menace
04-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm leaning toward not buying it.

A lot of people flat refuse to buy the AT-TE because it was in the prequels. I personally see no reason to get this just because it was in the sequels. Which movie or series of movies it was in has absolutely no bearing on what I will and won't buy.

If the AT-TE weren't coming out, I might want to get the Falcon. As it is, I'm planning to get two AT-TEs. I've got maybe eight characters who would populate a Falcon, and they'll fit in the Vintage version. But I've got hundreds of clones that demand something more substantial than an AT-AP.

I would have preferred to see a Vintage Falcon-scale Outrider instead of an upscale Falcon.

bigbarada
04-18-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm leaning toward not buying it.

A lot of people flat refuse to buy the AT-TE because it was in the prequels. I personally see no reason to get this just because it was in the sequels. Which movie or series of movies it was in has absolutely no bearing on what I will and won't buy.

If the AT-TE weren't coming out, I might want to get the Falcon. As it is, I'm planning to get two AT-TEs. I've got maybe eight characters who would populate a Falcon, and they'll fit in the Vintage version. But I've got hundreds of clones that demand something more substantial than an AT-AP.

I would have preferred to see a Vintage Falcon-scale Outrider instead of an upscale Falcon.

To refer to ANH as a sequel to Episodes 1-3 is almost an insult to one of the greatest films of all time. It's the original film, everything else is a sequel to it. While the events of TPM, AOTC and ROTS take place before the events in the imaginary Star Wars storyline, they are still sequels. In fact the term "prequel" didn't exist until the 90s and it's actually just a shortened form of "pre-sequel."

I've noticed this disturbing trend among a few fans of the PT or EU, in that they can't just accept that the aspect of Star Wars that they like is inferior to the original Star Wars film, so they try to downplay the importance of ANH in order to bring it down to the level of the Prequels or your average EU storyline.

Most of my favorite elements of Star Wars come out of Return of the Jedi. A film that I have no problems declaring as the worst of the original trilogy. I feel no conflict with liking Ewoks and A-Wings and Skiff Guards, while recognizing that ANH outclasses ROTJ as a film in every way (except in the technical aspects).

As much as I think the prequels are inferior films, I'm still considering buying an AT-TE because I like the vehicle. It's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicle designs. I don't have to try to convince myself or the rest of the world that AOTC is the greatest film of all time in order to appreciate that vehicle. AOTC is a horrible film, but that AT-TE is still cool enough for me to seriously consider dropping over $100 on.

I still plan to buy both vehicles this year.

figrin bran
04-18-2008, 01:10 AM
I simply don't have the space for the Aluminum Falcon so I'll most likely pass on it. At least the AT-TE looks like it might be able to fit on some of my shelves. The Falcon, however, would probably not and even were I to hang it from the ceiling, it still takes up too much space in my cozy little apartment.

mark2d2
04-18-2008, 01:48 AM
With that awesome Falcon coming out, no way!

But in truth, even if the Falcon was not expected to be landing everywhere in toy stores near you, I would still not get the AT-TE. Not in a million years. The plain and simple truth is that the vehicle kinda just bores me. Oh, sure, it's a great toy. Hasbro has done all they can with it and more. . . But at the end of the day, I barely remember noticing this in the movies, plus the clones are not exactly a focus of my collection. Again, Hasbro has done some outstanding work here, it's just not for me, you know? That said, I do think it will sell a-okay as there are lots and lots of collectors who have a different point of view than me.

sebillba
04-18-2008, 03:34 AM
Easy pass for me. It does look cool, but I don't really buy vehicles, especially one so clone orientated. (I do want the Falcon though.)

Kidhuman
04-18-2008, 05:53 AM
I have space for one large ehicle right now. I already have a Falcon, so I am going with the AT-Te. Sure the Falcon is great. If it is released later on in the year and not around the AT-TE release, then I will think about it.

jjreason
04-18-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm very likely a "no" on the Falcon mainly due to space. I'd pretty much have to leave it boxed.

I really hope it does sell well though, for all those people that really want new, bigger vehicles like a Sail Barge. These two will either be the dawn of a new era - or the death knell for big items in the Star Wars line.

DarthBrandon
04-18-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm very likely a "no" on the Falcon mainly due to space. I'd pretty much have to leave it boxed.

I really hope it does sell well though, for all those people that really want new, bigger vehicles like a Sail Barge. These two will either be the dawn of a new era - or the death knell for big items in the Star Wars line.

Shame of you jj, I expect more from a fellow canuck.:D No worries I'm buying two, so it will make up for yours. I'm pretty sure once you see it, you'll buy it; it kicks ar%e big time & you know it.

jedi master sal
04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm buying a Falcon and at least 3 AT-TEs.

It's not just that it's the Falcon, but it's the Falcon many of us have always wanted and more. I'll be happy to have this. I'll prolly keep one of the old ones I have and give away the other older one.

jedi master sal
04-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Wow all the love lost on the AT-TE.

Well, I'm not buying one....I'm buying three-at least. I might buy 2 more if they go on sale. It has excellent play features, is big, gives me something to display with my myriad of clones, etc. I'm not concerned with it being to clean in nature. I can always dirty it up if I so choose.

For it's size and play features I think it's totally worth $100. Granted if you're a prequel hater, or just plain don't like the design of the AT-TE, then by all means don't get it. I just hope that means it's that much easier for me to get the ones I want.

Cane_Adiss
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately, I will more than likely not be buying one of these. It is way too costly, and if I decide to buy a large vehicle like this it would be the new Falcon first. I would like one of these eventually tho, I just don't have the money right now!

Cane_Adiss
04-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Ill have to see it before I buy it. Thats alot of money for me to spend on one toy! I'm happy collecting basic figures.

mabudonicus
04-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Definitely not for pretty much every reason everyone else with a "no" stated and more
:bored: Iso&Baws
no vehicles for me

mabudonicus
04-18-2008, 10:32 AM
No here too, the thing looks awesome but I could never se myself buying such a gigantic toy, I have the 90's die-cst one and it is more than enough Falcon for me
It truly IS awesome tho, I'd like to see it in person and kinda play with it once maybe, just press all the buttons etc

Rocketboy
04-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Nope. Doesn't look that special (especially with that price tag).

bigbarada
04-18-2008, 10:53 AM

I don't think it's that, it's just the nature of how these two threads have been set up. By only wanting to hear from the people who are NOT going to buy these toys, it gives the illusion of a unanimous lack of collector support for both. Thus, making them both appear as if they will be dead in the water before they even get out of the starting gate.

I think it would have been better to make these as polls with simple 'yes,' 'no,' 'undecided' choices.

joe-da
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Possibly not, since I already have 2 versions they've already released (plus the carrying case version). I may get one to keep in the box just in case one day I regret passing it up.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Well, I'm not buying one....I'm buying three-at least. I might buy 2 more if they go on sale. It has excellent play features, is big, gives me something to display with my myriad of clones, etc. I'm not concerned with it being to clean in nature. I can always dirty it up if I so choose.

For it's size and play features I think it's totally worth $100. Granted if you're a prequel hater, or just plain don't like the design of the AT-TE, then by all means don't get it. I just hope that means it's that much easier for me to get the ones I want.

Yes, WE KNOW ALREADY! :crazed:

Sinscia Fat'o
04-18-2008, 12:25 PM
To refer to ANH as a sequel to Episodes 1-3 is almost an insult to one of the greatest films of all time. It's the original film, everything else is a sequel to it. While the events of TPM, AOTC and ROTS take place before the events in the imaginary Star Wars storyline, they are still sequels. In fact the term "prequel" didn't exist until the 90s and it's actually just a shortened form of "pre-sequel."

I've noticed this disturbing trend among a few fans of the PT or EU, in that they can't just accept that the aspect of Star Wars that they like is inferior to the original Star Wars film, so they try to downplay the importance of ANH in order to bring it down to the level of the Prequels or your average EU storyline.

Most of my favorite elements of Star Wars come out of Return of the Jedi. A film that I have no problems declaring as the worst of the original trilogy. I feel no conflict with liking Ewoks and A-Wings and Skiff Guards, while recognizing that ANH outclasses ROTJ as a film in every way (except in the technical aspects).

As much as I think the prequels are inferior films, I'm still considering buying an AT-TE because I like the vehicle. It's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicle designs. I don't have to try to convince myself or the rest of the world that AOTC is the greatest film of all time in order to appreciate that vehicle. AOTC is a horrible film, but that AT-TE is still cool enough for me to seriously consider dropping over $100 on.

I still plan to buy both vehicles this year.

As a fan of the EU and the PT to certain degree i feel your statement was and is very narrow minded. I have nor will i ever say the events in ANH are less than important than anything that happened in the either PT or EU. (Nor have i read any one else saying that.) I have and will say figures from a dozen other story lines outside the OT are more important in this day and age... than another Cantinia Alien, Ewok, or Jabba's henchmen. To say the story telling in ANH dwarfed everything else that has star wars slapped on it is funny. The PT in it's horriable story telling at least had better plots, more devolped characters, and let's face it the dialoge in the prequels is a lot better than anything in ANH. Even Carrie Fisher asked George who talks like this? (If George would have just taken his time and actually showed the plots of the PT unfold instead of just expecting us to catch on, or read a dozen other sources to be in the know, the PT would have been the end all be all...Geoge just made a very bad mistake that none other like him ever done...he expected to much from his fan's...)

A horriable trend i've seen in OT Movie purists is the fact that everything that isn't ANH, ESB, or ROTJ is rubbish...and in fact people are entitled to their opinion, but it's sad when you hear very little to make the holy three the end all be all of the saga.

My biggest problem with the falcon is of course the price tag and the size, but i do plan on buying it, though the AT-TE is another one of those wow i wish i could get that but were would i put it at? Sorry to go off topic.

LTBasker
04-18-2008, 12:33 PM
If I had the money, and the space to spare then I would buy 3 Falcons and use one as a playset, one would stay boxed, and the third would be hung up. Unfortunately, I may not even get a single one. Granted, $150 for a single one would probably be feasible, especially if I cut back on figures, but I really have no space for it. I may attempt to get it anyways though, hoping for that one day that I can rip it open, and display it as a nice collection-room centerpiece.

LTBasker
04-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I'd kind of like to get one, but if I buy either of the two large vehicles it will be the Falcon. As with the Falcon, space is just as expensive as the pricetag, so I really don't know if it would be worth buying. Maybe if I ever have a collection room where I can use a pooltable as some sort of field that it can sit on with Gunships "flying," and AT-RTs marching beside it. :crazed:

bigbarada
04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
The PT in it's horriable story telling at least had better plots, more devolped characters, and let's face it the dialoge in the prequels is a lot better than anything in ANH.

Ooo-kay! :rolleyes: If you can actually convince yourself of that, then more power to you.

I never said that ANH is the be-all, end-all of the Star Wars universe (now you're the one being narrow minded), I just said it was the original from which everything else is born from and overall the best of the films.

Without the success of ANH as one of the biggest film phenomena of all time, there would be no ESB, ROTJ, prequels, or your beloved EU. That's not an opinion, that's a historical fact. If you weren't alive back in 1977-79, then you really have no way of comprehending the impact that one film made. Plus, the fact that it achieved all of this through mostly word of mouth and almost no studio hype makes it even more of an amazing accomplishment.

So, show some respect, boy.:p

Droid
04-18-2008, 02:04 PM
The PT ... had better plots, more devolped characters, and let's face it the dialoge in the prequels is a lot better than anything in ANH.

You have got to be kidding.

The prequels had better plots? Taxation of trade routes, power to keep people from dying?

More developed characters? What do we know about Obi-wan from the prequels? He is crabby, then contrite, then crabby, then a superhero that can do anything. Does ANYONE understand what Anakin's motivations were or why he turned evil? Padme starts out well and then falls in love with Anakin only after she finds out Anakin killed Tuskens and is furniture in Episode III. And what character solely in the prequels did we really learn anything about over the course of the films or see grow? Mace Windu? He could have just been called "crabby Jedi". Jar Jar was just "goofy fish".

Better dialogue. "I love you." "I know". "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."

"Sandstorms are very... very ... dangerous." "I love you, truly, madly, deeply." See Anakin's dialogue by the fire in Episode II. Who is quoting the prequels? Who?

Maradona
04-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I get the feeling both of these higher end vehicles will be around for quite a while. Remember the 80s glory days when the previous year's line was always available the next year? That had to be some form of incentive for Hasbro and Kenner to invest in the tooling of larger vehicles/playsets given they would only be sold during one shopping season. Hasbro needs to return to this model in order to justify their costs, if in fact they are as prohibitive as they claim. Instead of budgeting one year's cost for several smaller scale toys, they could combine two years worth of budgeting to create the larger scale vehicle so many crave.

As for these, I think many who are on the fence will have plenty of opportunities to reconsider if they so choose. While I want to support Hasbro's super sizing efforts, I long for the day that these reach the clearance aisle. Until then, I'll probably only get one. I still fondly remember the stacks of $30 AT ATs at KB back in the 90s. Those were the lean years of college before I could effectively troop build, so I regretted having paid full price for it.

Droid
04-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I would have bought this Falcon years ago, but have drastically cut back on what I would buy. I'll pass.

I will likely only buy figures from here on out. Maybe a new skiff, sandcrawler, or the Sail Barge.

I doubt I'd even buy the Cloud Car.

It is just too big. I had the Queen's starship before I sold it and it was a space nightmare.

But the Falcon looks great and I hope people buy it.

jedi master sal
04-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Yes, WE KNOW ALREADY! :crazed:

Heh heh. Good.

I've repeatedly seen No's from certain forumites, so I thought it only fitting that I keep offering my Yea's to counteract the bad karma. (Or what I perceive to be bad karma.)

Mvader91
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Typically in the past, the larger vehicles almost always end up on clearance. 10.00 for an AT-AT, 25.00 for Royal Starship. I will take my chances. timing is everything!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Heh heh. Good.

I've repeatedly seen No's from certain forumites,

And...?

so I thought it only fitting that I keep offering my Yea's to counteract the bad karma. (Or what I perceive to be bad karma.)

Bad karma for what though? It's already coming out. Where is there bad karma to be found in someone not buying something? I think what is happening is that people are taking this millenium falcon/at-te, getting/not getting a bit too personally. Why on earth would anyone care, besides conversational reasons, who buys which one, both or any?

I'm really trying to figure out all this bickering over these two toys that's been going on and for the life of me, I don't understand why it matters STILL, who buys which one, both or none!? And why people are trying to point out what they perceive to be the better one in hopes of changing people's minds on what they want to buy. It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

Can't we just focus on the coolness of these things and let people make up their own minds for their own reasons on which ones they want to buy. It's not like anyone here designed them, so there's NOTHING personal to take from someone not liking one or the other or preferring one over the other. It's alot of money to spend for most folks and I think a choice has to be made. So be it.

A powerful man once said "This bickering is pointless."

mabudonicus
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM

Yesss, then he said "Evacuate?? In our moment of triumph??"

And you know the rest of the story ;)

He died LARGE cos he was too overconfident :D

Devo
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't care that it'll require an entire shelf to itself forcing me to rehome 3 other vehicles and a legion of figures, I don't care if it costs 200Euros as I'm totally desensitised to being ripped off living as I do in Ireland...it will be mine. Its a Millenium Falcon toy as we have always wanted.

According to my currency converter $150.00 is less than a hundred Euros - if only I could get it for that.

Big Barada - "As much as I think the prequels are inferior films, I'm still considering buying an AT-TE because I like the vehicle. It's one of my favorite Star Wars vehicle designs. I don't have to try to convince myself or the rest of the world that AOTC is the greatest film of all time in order to appreciate that vehicle. AOTC is a horrible film, but that AT-TE is still cool enough for me to seriously consider dropping over $100 on."

This is exactly what the part of me that does want the AT-TE keeps saying...to be honest if I happen to see it at retail when it comes out I will more than likely buy it. And if I buy that then I have to buy the homing spider droid and if I buy that I'll have to buy tonnes of tri-droids and if I buy those.....Dammit!!:frus:

Neuroleptic
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
And...?

. . . Didn't said powerful man die in a great big BOOM! ?

I do agree with Deox. Though I think it's an interesting topic to see who plans to buy it. I think most would buy them if they could though.

I think the bad karma he's refering to is probably that if they don't sell enough of the AT-TE or the Falcon, then they will probably be the last big vehicles we see for a long time, if not EVER.

So in that sense, I personaly hope they both sell well. It'd be nice to see a few big things on the shelves, even if I will probably almost never be able to aford them.

Neuroleptic
04-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I won't be buying the falcon. I had a hard enough time finding out where to put my AT-AP when I got it, so this puppy would simply be too big. Plus the price tag will keep me away more than anything else.

To those who can get it, More power to yah!

I just have to be happy with my AT-At and Imperial Shuttle. They'll probably be the only big vehicles I will ever own. I may only get two or three more vehicles ever again since even after I expand, my space for my collection is kept intentionaly small (Max two book shelves)

TheDarthVader
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Because of money, I am going for the Falcon over the AT-TE. If I had more money, I would get an AT-TE.

Droid
04-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Easy pass for me. I wouldn't buy another prequel vehicle ever, unless there was a packin figure I really wanted, even then I would probably pass. I sold most of the prequels vehicles I had.

I think this thing is less cool than that AT-AT and I sold my AT-ATs a while ago.

plasticfetish
04-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Somehow I'm starting to think you guys can start an OT vs. PT argument in a thread about anything.

Q: "What do you like better, grape jelly or strawberry?"
A: "why... I'm astounded that you would compare grape jelly to strawberry! Everyone knows that the OT is better and The PT sucks!"

:crazed:

Seriously guys... stay on topic and relax.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Somehow I'm starting to think you guys can start an OT vs. PT argument in a thread about anything.

Q: "What do you like better, grape jelly or strawberry?"
A: "why... I'm astounded that you would compare grape jelly to strawberry! Everyone knows that the OT is better and The PT sucks!"

:crazed:

Seriously guys... stay on topic and relax.

That's funny, but true , PF.

Can't we all just get along.

jedi master sal
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
. . . Didn't said powerful man die in a great big BOOM! ?

I do agree with Deox. Though I think it's an interesting topic to see who plans to buy it. I think most would buy them if they could though.

I think the bad karma he's refering to is probably that if they don't sell enough of the AT-TE or the Falcon, then they will probably be the last big vehicles we see for a long time, if not EVER.

So in that sense, I personaly hope they both sell well. It'd be nice to see a few big things on the shelves, even if I will probably almost never be able to aford them.

bing bing bing. Exactly. I'm afraid that Hasbro may be seeing to many no responses from collectors here and other forums. It's going to make them ancy about sales. If sales don't follow through, then yep, no chance for a Sail Barge or Turbo Tank or whatever other large vehicle you might want in the future. And I have no doubt they'd use it as an excuse to not do playsets.

I don't care about specifically WHO buys, but rather how MANY buy.

I'd rather not see or here the NOs at all. I'd rather send a positive message to Hasbro that we like what they've done are are looking forward to it. Those that won't buy due to space or just plain not liking the AT-TE or are OT purists fine. I'm just asking for those folks to tame it down. The no responses have been overwhelming here on SSG. Those who are going to get either/both of these have to be more than double as vocal to counteract the nos. It's one reason I keep saying how MANY I'll be getting. I'm buying 4. 3 AT-TEs 1 Falcon

I love both designs and the toys look awesome. I've been waiting for 6 years for the AT-TE and much longer for an Ultimate Falcon. And yes, I don't like people raining on my parade so to speak.

bigbarada
04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
bing bing bing. Exactly. I'm afraid that Hasbro may be seeing to many no responses from collectors here and other forums. It's going to make them ancy about sales. If sales don't follow through, then yep, no chance for a Sail Barge or Turbo Tank or whatever other large vehicle you might want in the future. And I have no doubt they'd use it as an excuse to not do playsets.

I don't care about specifically WHO buys, but rather how MANY buy.

I'd rather not see or here the NOs at all. I'd rather send a positive message to Hasbro that we like what they've done are are looking forward to it. Those that won't buy due to space or just plain not liking the AT-TE or are OT purists fine. I'm just asking for those folks to tame it down. The no responses have been overwhelming here on SSG. Those who are going to get either/both of these have to be more than double as vocal to counteract the nos. It's one reason I keep saying how MANY I'll be getting. I'm buying 4. 3 AT-TEs 1 Falcon

I love both designs and the toys look awesome. I've been waiting for 6 years for the AT-TE and much longer for an Ultimate Falcon. And yes, I don't like people raining on my parade so to speak.

Exactly, I think these threads are misleading. Like I mentioned earlier, they should have been polls, this way people who plan to buy one or both of these toys can have an equal say.

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I'm not trying to start a debate, or sabotage the line, or mislead Hasbro. I was just honestly wondering from the discussion in those threads if anyone else was planning to pass.

I think if Hasbro isn't lying when they say they read boards, they'd notice only a small number of people are posting in these threads, and sal's "I'm buying fifty of each" more than makes up for it. :p

stillakid
04-19-2008, 12:24 PM
\

I'll start by saying that when I first heard the word "AT TE" I wondered what the heck that even was. It's a boring vehicle for a bad movie. The only thing that might motivate me to buy it would be that I'm a "completist" at heart for Star Wars toys.

Even then, I likely will wait until the thing is clearanced.

That said, I agree that a poll of some sort would be more useful in case those who care (Hasbro) pay any attention to forums like this. Clearly there are some collectors who will buy anything in addition to those who really like the toy and the kids who still get excited by Star Wars Prequels despite the crappy stories. They'll eventually learn, but for now, they're excited. :)

I personally wish that Hasbro would've taken more time to create a better Death Star and Star Destroyer, in that those two vehicle/playsets would ultimately be more popular and thus sell better. If this AT-TE tanks, it will only serve to suggest to Hasbro that "big vehicles don't sell well." That couldn't be further from the truth because recognizability has a very significant role in marketing and sales.

The only things the AT TE has going for it is that is is motorized and has the Star Wars logo on the box. Maybe with those two things, it'll sell well enough that Hasbro won't give up on "deluxe" items and real Star Wars fans will eventually get the most popular items (Star Destroyer, Death Star, Sail Barge) that they are asking for. :fingerscrossed:

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow, I wasn't going to get as mad as Deoxy got (remind me never to p*** you off), but I just wanted to know if I was the only person here not getting these.

I think Hasbro reps could figure out that a minority of folks are saying they'll pass. Even those people are saying they'd like to get it, or at least that it looks really frigging cool. I also think that your "I'm not army building anymore, so I'm only getting thirty" will make up for the rest of us. :) (I'm kidding. I know you're only planning to get 29.)

Bosskman
04-19-2008, 01:55 PM
The AT-TE isn't motorized as far as I know. I'm still getting one though. It is everything anyone could ask for in such a vehicle. Anyone who complains that this thing is getting made is a fool. If you don't want it - and there are many legitimate reasons why people don't want it (don't collect vehicles, don't collect prequel stuff, don't like the prequels, don't have the room or money, etc...)- then don't buy it, but don't say that it's not worth making or harp on anyone for getting it because this and the falcon are exactly the type of thing many of us have been waiting for for years. Seriously, people moan over and over around here about Hasbro not giving us what we want and then when they do, people still keep griping. This is getting so freakin' old.....

plasticfetish
04-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Yep. I though when you said, "I'm not asking for debate in this thread. Just chime in if you're not planning to get the Falcon." in the first post it was pretty clear. ;)

...and as for me, $150 is a lot to spend. Though I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't have a glut of older Falcons sitting around, and though I'd LOVE to get this thing, I'm really gonna have to be amazed by it when it comes out. There are about 1000 real-world adult type things that I could/should do with that money... not that I wouldn't rather ignore them all, and buy a giant plastic space ship instead.

stillakid
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
and buy a giant plastic space ship instead.

A "plasticfetish" kinda guy wouldn't be able to turn a giant plastic space ship down. :yes:

plasticfetish
04-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Trust me, it wouldn't be an easy thing to pass up. It's just that I'm looking at it thinking... it's not only expensive, but it's gonna be huge. Maybe I can put legs on it, and use it as a coffee table.

Devil King
04-20-2008, 01:05 AM

I'm not saying the Falcon looks bad. Quite the opposite. It looks like one of the best toys of all time.

That said, I'm not buying it. Maybe if KB has it for $40 next year, but definitely not for $150+.

I'm not asking for debate in this thread. Just chime in if you're not planning to get the Falcon.

I wouldn't say it was one of the best-looking toys of all time. The landing gear still only comes up to Han's knees.

I am NOt going to buy it.

Phantom-like Menace
04-20-2008, 01:18 AM
I want to say this much in support of Sal's post:

Whether or not we agree or disagree that there is overwhelming negativity in this thread, there can be an overwhelmingly large amount of pointless negativity throughout the board. I made this case recently and the sharks started circling, so I have to at least lend some support here.

bigbarada
04-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I want to say this much in support of Sal's post:

Whether or not we agree or disagree that there is overwhelming negativity in this thread, there can be an overwhelmingly large amount of pointless negativity throughout the board. I made this case recently and the sharks started circling, so I have to at least lend some support here.

Well the whole point of this thread is negativity, so it should come as no surprise.

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I will not purchase an AT-TE at its time of release because I know I will not be able to afford it. I have much more interest in getting the Millenium Falcon, which I plan to save about $15-20 per paycheck so it will not be that big of a hit to me financially when it comes out.

I do think the AT-TE looks to be a very cool toy...however with my budget and living expenses I really have to make sure that I buy only what I really want. I do the same thing with figures, so I have to make sure to be extra careful with items like vehicles.

El Chuxter
04-20-2008, 02:54 PM
If I'm asking who's not getting something, and make a point to say how nice I think it is, how exactly is that nega....

Never mind.

2-1B
04-20-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm not buying this stupid AT-TE, nor am I buying that crappy Falcon.

I don't find myself wrestling with having to pick one over the other, I choose neither because they are overpriced plastic toys that aren't worth the space OR the money OR the movies they were in, PT or OT they are still crummy toys. Rubbish.

2-1B
04-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not buying this stupid Falcon, nor am I buying that crappy AT-TE.

I don't find myself wrestling with having to pick one over the other, I choose neither because they are overpriced plastic toys that aren't worth the space OR the money OR the movies they were in, OT or PT they are still crummy toys. Rubbish.

bigbarada
04-20-2008, 10:03 PM
If I'm asking who's not getting something, and make a point to say how nice I think it is, how exactly is that nega....

Never mind.

No, but it clearly opens the door for unnecessarily negative and ignorant comments like this one:

I'm not buying this stupid AT-TE, nor am I buying that crappy Falcon.

I don't find myself wrestling with having to pick one over the other, I choose neither because they are overpriced plastic toys that aren't worth the space OR the money OR the movies they were in, PT or OT they are still crummy toys. Rubbish.

2-1B
04-20-2008, 10:11 PM
What's so ignorant about it ? :confused:

Phantom-like Menace
04-20-2008, 11:47 PM

Never mind.

If this is in response to me, I didn't say whether or not I thought this thread was negative, and I don't care to.

Whether I agree with what Sal said in whole or in part, and again I'm not saying either way, less to be coy and more because I find it funny at this point, there was enough to it that could have come straight from my mouth that I would feel like a heel to let him hang alone.

CaptainSolo1138
04-21-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm not buying this stupid Falcon, nor am I buying that crappy AT-TE.

I don't find myself wrestling with having to pick one over the other, I choose neither because they are overpriced plastic toys that aren't worth the space OR the money OR the movies they were in, OT or PT they are still crummy toys. Rubbish.
That's an ignorant statement.:rolleyes:

2-1B
04-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Not as ignorant as your ignorance about how non-ignorant it actually is. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Alright Caes and Cpt Solo, play nice. I don't want to mod either's posts, but I will.

CaptainSolo1138
04-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Alright Caes and Cpt Solo, play nice. I don't want to mod either's posts, but I will.
'Tis all in fun, Sal.

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Okay, enough with the bashing back and forth. The very title of this thread allows for people to disagree. I don't see where I was calling anyone person any particular name. If anyone took it that way personally, then it must ring true for yourself, but I didn't direct it towards anyone specific.

BigB's poll idea is great and we should have this to allow for equal representation of both.

So this and the similar Falcon thread will be closed and a "poll" put in their place. If JT wants to set up a true poll in the polling section, even better. For now the poll will just be a regular thread. Then anyone who wants to sound off if they are getting either, both or neither can.

Please understand that the there are readers on these forums that are either casual readers or new to the site. It's bad precedent to set for what could be construed as negativity on anyone's part.

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 11:19 AM
'Tis all in fun, Sal.

True enough, but the negative vibes that it gives off to the casual reader may not seem in jest.

With respect to all who've posted in this tread, it will now be closed and a new "poll" thread started in it's place to show will get both, either or neither of the AT-TE and Falcon.

Please understand that the there are readers on these forums that are either casual readers or new to the site. It's bad precedent to set for what could be construed as negativity on anyone's part.

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Okay, the vibes and some specific posts coming from the other threads regarding these two vehicles has prompted me to post this unoffical poll (as mentioned by Big Barada-need to give credit to him for the initial idea).

First things first, please post if you are getting the AT-TE, the Falcon, Both or Neither.

Then feel free to say why you are or are not for them.

Please keep it civil folks.
I do also want everyone to understand that this thread was made to give EVERYONE a thread to respond to. Yea or Nay it fine. Whatever your reasonings for buying/not buying no worries. Just be kind to you fellow forumites.

Thanks.

-Sal

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 11:25 AM
So it's obvious by my frequent posts, I'm getting both vehicles.

3 AT-TEs
1 Falcon

Big and expensive yes.
Great designs and ships many of us have been waiting for for years, absolutely.

Admittedly when I get these, I'll open them up to look at, then they'll most likely go right back in the box and be stored until such time as I can display them. Yeah, that is kind of pathetic, but it's just my current situation. Otherwise, I would gladly display them and eventually will.

Droid
04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Neither.

Wouldn't get any prequel vehicle again unless there was a really great figure packin, and even then the odds are low. Maybe I'd buy more pod racers. I sold most prequel vehicles I have.

Would buy the Falcon if I didn't already have two of them. I am not going to rebuy any vehicle I already have unless they made a bigger sandcrawler or skiff. I would likely pass on any more vehicles unless there was a great figure packin. I probably would pass on the Cloud Car now. I would be really torn on whether or not to buy a Sail Barge.

I think both are great toys though I think the Falcon cockpit should be connected to the rest of the ship (which I guess it still could be).

Old Fossil
04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Millenium Falcon -- YES!!!

AT-TE -- no.

CaptainSolo1138
04-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Neither.

I have a Falcon already and the AT-TE is alright, but my interest in SW is such that I have a hard time justifying purchasing the odd figure here and there any more.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Just the Falcon now.

Devo
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Definitely YES to the Falcon.

Possibly probably/Probably possibly to the AT-TE

TheDarthVader
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
1 or 2 falcons only. I don't collect any non-sith related prequel vehicles.

DarthBrandon
04-21-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm picking up both of these (X2)

DarthQuack
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Depending on when it gets released and how my funds are, I will consider getting the Falcon, I have never purchased one and this one looks to fly circles around the previous releases, time will tell.

mtriv73
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Probably both, but I'm a lot less excited about the at-te since I saw the new falcon. If I skip one it will be the at-te.

Since I don't plan on buying any of the animated style figures, I may end up getting both just to keep myself in the habit of throwing money away on plastic toys.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I'll be getting both.

Val Da Car
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
AT - TE x2 (80% likelyhood)
BMF x1 (20% likelyhood) probably until I see it

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Probably both, but I'm a lot less excited about the at-te since I saw the new falcon. If I skip one it will be the at-te.

Since I don't plan on buying any of the animated style figures, I may end up getting both just to keep myself in the habit of throwing money away on plastic toys.

Heh, great post.

Hmm, while I'm lovin' the AT-TE, I will admit my interest has dimished ever so slightly for it. I'm still getting the ones I initially planned on, but that Falcon is awesome.

El Chuxter
04-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I've said a few times, they both look beautiful, and there's no question that, two or three years ago, I'd have bought both in a heartbeat. However, given the size and the cost, at least in light of the economy and my storage issue, I'd have a really, really tough time justifying my buying one, much less both.

If either winds up on clearance, I might reconsider, but I don't think that's especially likely.

I do have this feeling they'll both be re-released several times, so anyone who passes on them in 2008 will have more opportunities to get them. The tooling costs will probably require several releases to make a real profit.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I do have this feeling they'll both be re-released several times, so anyone who passes on them in 2008 will have more opportunities to get them. The tooling costs will probably require several releases to make a real profit.

I doubt anyone can really dispute that. You know the AT-TE is probably going to get at least two or three repaints. The Falcon will at the very least get a different set of pack-in figures upon re-release.

stillakid
04-21-2008, 03:02 PM
The completist in me always has the urge to get it all.

However....

The Falcon is an automatic. No questions asked. It's nice to see them redo this classic ship as the X-Wing and the TIEs have been done too. The day(s) Hasbro reworks the iconic Star Destroyer and Death Star in this manner will put the icing on top of the cake as far as collecting toys goes. Once those all sell well, it will also be nice to see them tackle other ships in some way, like the Sail Barge (to accompany the Skiffs) and the Tantive IV.

The AT-TE (is that the spelling?) is a big question mark for me. I barely remember it from the movies and the name itself leaves me wondering what the heck it is. And it looks huge and expensive, both traits that aren't that attractive right now considering the movie its from, what I'd likely do with it (store it), the money I'll be spending on the Falcon (above), and the state of the overall economy right now ($3.85/gallon). MAYBE I'll get this just to have a more complete Star Wars toy collection, but more likely I wait until the price drops. If it doesn't or I miss the boat, I don't feel like I'll be missing out on much. Chances are, in the years to come, there will be more than a few of these available as people begin to divest themselves of their overgrown collections and it's likely safe to assume that unknown Prequel items will be the first to go.

plasticfetish
04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Falcon: Maybe.
AT-TE: Maybe.

Dark Marble
04-21-2008, 03:05 PM
If everything goes to plan I will pick up both.

Jargo
04-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Falcon only.

Not interested in any clone war military vehicles. I hate clonetroopers. hate the designs the concept and that the damn things have become like the sole focus of the entire star wars saga. I hate their lousy vehicles. I hate their stupid weapons. i hate their damn Jango heads.

when the world is a dead planet and nothing but a barren dried up husk, the surface will be littered with clonetrooper figures. like a sea of them. winds will strip away layer after layer of the planet crust and there revealed will be layer after layer of clonetrooper figures. They will fill valleys, pack out caverns, form mountains and white plastic forests. they will choke the very life from this earth.

And that's why I won't be buying the AT-TE. Thank you and goodnight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I'll be getting one of each.

Maradona
04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
At full price, I will buy one of each to support the release of 80s style big vehicles. I do this in the hopes that large size vehicles become standard practice for Hasbro AND that it makes them consider re-releasing the large GI Joe vehicles/playsets from the golden years.

But if I ever find them in clearance aisles, I'd get another Falcon for my classroom and maybe 3 more AT-TEs.

SplFrcsCWO
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm in for at least 1 of each.

Bosskman
04-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Falcon: Yes
AT-TE: Yes (maybe 2)

Toys like this are the reason I collect.

stillakid
04-21-2008, 06:10 PM
when the world is a dead planet and nothing but a barren dried up husk, the surface will be littered with clonetrooper figures. like a sea of them. winds will strip away layer after layer of the planet crust and there revealed will be layer after layer of clonetrooper figures. They will fill valleys, pack out caverns, form mountains and white plastic forests. they will choke the very life from this earth.

Eons from now, our ancestors will be able to hike to the bottom of Clone Canyon reveling in the glorious multi-colored hues. Mules will carry mail to the dwellers at the bottom as curious vacationers snap photos and look (no touching!) at the strata which takes them back in time through the epochal tale which was known as Star Wars collecting.

Jargo
04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
"Eons from now, our ancestors"

now class, who can tell me why that's funny? :p

Kidhuman
04-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I am getting the AT-TE, unsure on the falcon

Kidhuman
04-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Since this thread is just the same exact as the one that was closed, I am going to merge all three of them and open it back up.

Snowtrooper
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
AT-TE:yes
Falcon:yes

Although space is going to be an issue, it will probably work out dollar wise to get both since it looks like I'm going to be spending much less on regular figures this year. Also, I don't want to miss the boat on these if Hasbro deems them to be failures and never produces large vehicles again.

stillakid
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM

now class, who can tell me why that's funny? :p

Oops! :embarrassed: Ya know, it definitely felt funny when I wrote it. :blushing:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Falcon = yes
At-te = no

Tycho
04-21-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm buying 2 AT-TEs and 1 Millennium Falcon.

Darth Cruel
04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
It will be the same for both. Positively 1 of each. About a 90% certainty of 2 of each, as I will almost certainly get one of each for my son. I have to lure him back to the Star Wars side from the Transformers side. If I like them enough after my son opens his...I will get one of each to open for me.

After all of that. I can almost assure the public that I already like them enough to get mine to open as well. So likely 3 of each.

Battle Droid
04-22-2008, 09:05 AM
AT-TE: Definately!
Falcon: Undecided.

joe-da
04-22-2008, 10:52 AM
AT-TE: Definately!
Falcon: Undecided.

Me, too...

jamesbondo07
04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
AT:TE Yes
Falcon Yes

dindae
04-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Getting both.

plasticfetish
04-23-2008, 01:00 AM
If I like them enough after my son opens his...I will get one of each to open for me.That plays a lot like my situation to be honest. As much as I'd like an AT-TE, I know my son would enjoy it about ten times more... so if we get one, it'll be his. (If I ever see another on clearance, I'd get it for myself.) The Falcon is another matter. He ended up with my OTC Falcon (how could I resist?), so I'd love to have one of these new ones to display.

...of coarse, I'd also like to spend that money on a clean vintage Falcon instead. :Ponder:

JediTricks
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I do have this feeling they'll both be re-released several times, so anyone who passes on them in 2008 will have more opportunities to get them. The tooling costs will probably require several releases to make a real profit.While I'm sure Hasbro wants several releases, with something this large I would not count on it, that's not how Hasbro's business model has ever worked with large items, they generally release it for between 2 and 6 quarters, then it goes away. We never saw the Naboo Royal Starship re-released, and the Imp Shuttle & AT-AT didn't get re-released for quite a while despite being mostly paid-for tools. No Fambaa re-release (granted, it sucks), no playset re-releases. The largest ship we've gotten re-released from modern tooling has been the Republic Gunship and that's only a $30/$40 vehicle.

now class, who can tell me why that's funny? :pI almost sprayed my keyboard with the swig of water I was downing when I read that, awesome catch! :thumbsup:

Oops! :embarrassed: Ya know, it definitely felt funny when I wrote it. :blushing:I didn't think anything of it till Jargo caught it.

stillakid
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM
...of coarse, I'd also like to spend that money on a clean vintage Falcon instead. :Ponder:

I still have mine with the box....keeping it mostly for nostalgiac value. Maybe one day I could consider parting with it....

DarkArtist
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
put me down for one of each. would love 3 of the AT-TE but I think my wife would disown me....

Tycho
04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh. I can explain it:

"Eons from now" would be our descendants.

"Eons ago" would be our ancestors.

But if history repeats itself, this may not be a mistake. People on this website might be de-evolving while we type!

plasticfetish
04-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Maybe one day I could consider parting with it....If I have any money left after renovating my (freezing cold) 98 year old house, I'll see if you're still "considering." :)

darth_robb
04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I plan to pick up both. My main problem is where to put them once I obtain them. I am pretty much out of space especially for large items.

Adam
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Planning on getting both.. I'll figure out what to do with them later. :P

AmanaMatt
05-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Falcon only for me....been waiting for this since 1995...

Veers
05-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I am not picking these ups.

Veers
05-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Falcon only for me....been waiting for this since 1995...

I think the made the Falcon about two times since the POTF line.

AmanaMatt
05-10-2008, 04:24 AM
I think the made the Falcon about two times since the POTF line.

Sorry. No, they have not. Re-releasing the vintage mold is not the same as this all new one

DarthQuack
05-10-2008, 06:34 AM
I can't seem to find pictures from the AT-TE, I just forgot where I saw them.

Tycho
05-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Steve's Toy Fair coverage has a lot of AT-TE pictures.

Try refreshing the main page a few times as well, and you should get a link to AT-TE pics.

I've been considering NOT buying the Falcon. That I don't have room or need for another one is starting to register with me. I'll still "need" 2 AT-TEs though.

Eh. We'll see. I really DO want the Falcon. So I'm still likely to buy it.

AmanaMatt
05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
The falcon is my dream ship at this point, since we have now gotten the correct scaled Ties...

mark2d2
05-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Okay, the Falcon is a must buy for me. It is seriously just too cool. And I have never picked up a modern Falcon as it just never grabbed me. The interior is so. . .Blah. The light-up OTC engines almost snagged me, but then after I played with my friend's son's toy, well, it was cool, but the interior still irked me. Now --- at long last --- a truly AMAZING dream version is about to be a reality. I can't wait!!!

The AT-TE is a pass for me. It looks pretty cool and all it's just. . . well, I'm just not that into Clones. . .

obi-dad
05-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Okay, the Falcon is a must buy for me. It is seriously just too cool. And I have never picked up a modern Falcon is it just never grabbed me. The interior is so. . .Blah. The light-up OTC engines almost snagged me, but then after I played with my friend's son's toy, well, it was cool, but the interior still irked me. Now --- at long last --- a truly AMAZING dream version is about to be a reality. I can't wait!!!

The AT-TE is a pass for me. It looks pretty cool and all it's just. . . well, I'm just not that into Clones. . .

100% my thoughts, though I didn't pick up the Vintage Falcon, but one of the remade vehicles.

Darth Cruel
05-13-2008, 04:00 PM
<-----Raises hand.

I AM!

I am one of the people who either is or isn't getting the Millenium Facon and/or the AT-TE!

Obsession is Nute
05-16-2008, 11:44 PM
That would be a no on both accounts. The last vehicle I bought was the Imperial Shuttle. I just do not have any more room and dusting has literally become a nightmare that I do not keep up with.

If they released the Nemoidian shuttle, Jabba's sail barge, or the desert skiff, I would buy those, but that would be it.

I wish they would bring back the action fleet. Those were perfect sized!!!

Obsession is Nute
05-16-2008, 11:48 PM
The AT-TE looks really cool, I will admit. Not feeling the blue laser turrets, though.

bigbarada
05-17-2008, 02:49 AM
The AT-TE looks really cool, I will admit. Not feeling the blue laser turrets, though.

That's just a prototype, the turrets won't be blue on the actual toy.

Old Fossil
05-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I think I may be changing my mind about getting the Falcon. Besides the $150 price tag, I have no idea where I'd put the thing.

Tycho
05-24-2008, 06:19 AM
I felt like you do, Old Fossil.

Now I'm readjusting my position on it again, thinking that just maybe I'll make it into a New Jedi Order display and save it to one day be able to put Jaina and Jacen Solo, along with their parents, Luke, Mara, and the droids, all on the ship.

That makes a tight window for the EU time in which I can also still include Chewbacca on the ship. But it's also Chewie's ship, so I've got to include the Wookiee in the crew!

Desfiy
05-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Well I am planning on getting the BMF but not the AT-TE, I have no use for the AT-TE or need for it, if they had brought out two OT vehicles then I would be getting both.

stad
06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm not only getting both, I'm (somehow) getting at least a couple of each! Especially the AT-TE, I might have to do 3 on that one, but that may be pushing it. I'll figure out exactly where I'm going to put them all after the fact!

Veers
06-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I am getting both. Love the vehicles. Go tired of all the different Jedi Starfighters that was being released.

bigbarada
06-15-2008, 11:14 PM
I think I may be changing my mind about getting the Falcon. Besides the $150 price tag, I have no idea where I'd put the thing.

I think I'm in the same boat, I've decided to pass on getting the AT-TE and there is a good chance that I will pass on the Falcon as well too.

Seeing nothing but prequel and EU figures in stores (along with a few OT rereleases), has gotten me a little burned out on Star Wars right now. Maybe things will change when I start seeing new OT product in stores, but as of now my Star Wars collecting is on hold indefinitely.

obi-dad
06-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Well I am planning on getting the BMF but not the AT-TE, I have no use for the AT-TE or need for it, if they had brought out two OT vehicles then I would be getting both.

Got tired of all the different Jedi Starfighters that was being released.

Amen, brother, Amen!

Blue2th
06-16-2008, 10:12 AM
I will be getting at least one of both.

The way I see it is the BMF is a vast improvement over the last one, done by the same designer. I have already sold a POTF2 Falcon in anticipation of this one. If I have to sell more stuff, hell or high water I'm getting one. From what I've seen of the Falcon it exceeds my expectations. What's not to like?

I've always liked the AT-TE since I saw it in AOTC. What's not to like about it?
way back in the day, I've plopped down plenty of cash for Star Wars vehicles:
AT-AT: $100
Naboo Royal Cruiser: $100
Endor AT-AT: $100
Imperial Shuttle: $60 ( I forget what I paid for the first re-issue, but it was more)
Not to mention all the $20, $30, $40, $50, vehicles over the years.

I see no difference except maybe $50 to $60 more for the BMF.
Sure a lot of people are short on cash these days, so quit buying other toy lines and focus on getting enough money for these. Hasbro is already giving us a break by not releasing much SW product.

Thank goodness I never got into those overpriced pieces of blocks you put together to make jagged facimilies of Star Wars ships with their little blocky characters called Lego. People have been paying way over $150 for the Falcon and most of the other vehicles for years!

All I know is I've participated in these forums for years, reading posts on what large vehicles need to be made and agreeing that they do need to be made, and reading "Hasbro would never do that" now that they are listening to the fans some don't want to buy. I support Hasbro's decision to at least try the big vehicle market out, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

jedi master sal
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
...All I know is I've participated in these forums for years, reading posts on what large vehicles need to be made and agreeing that they do need to be made, and reading "Hasbro would never do that" now that they are listening to the fans some don't want to buy. I support Hasbro's decision to at least try the big vehicle market out, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Amen, brother, Amen!

pegger
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
After seeing the box - I am SO getting one.

jedi master sal
06-17-2008, 10:32 AM
After seeing the box - I am SO getting one.

You mean after having the box IN YOUR HANDS!...

Lucky enough to have gotten that far with it.
Man I can't wait to get this!

obi-dad
06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I live in a small apartment now and basically for that reason haven't opened many of my recent vehicle or figure purchases. However, I don't think I'll be able to keep this one boxed up... I can't wait to "rip" this box open (no, of course I won't really) and check this bad boy out. I'll probably even have to open some and find some of my older figures. I haven't seen blast shield Luke in quite awhile, but I'll have to look for that one as well.

jedimastergeorge06
06-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Im getting both....
falcon and the at-te.

I just have to find out where im going to put them in my room...they are so big especialy the falcon.

bigbarada
06-19-2008, 12:08 AM
All I know is I've participated in these forums for years, reading posts on what large vehicles need to be made and agreeing that they do need to be made, and reading "Hasbro would never do that" now that they are listening to the fans some don't want to buy. I support Hasbro's decision to at least try the big vehicle market out, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

I'm actually scaling back my collecting significantly this year though. And I'm not talking about jedi master sal's version of scaling back, I'm talking about really scaling back.:p

If not for the upcoming Legacy Vader, Yarna, the new A-Wing and a couple of other figures, then I could actually say that I've quit collecting Star Wars altogether.

In fact, I'm so burned out on Star Wars right now that even the BMF Falcon and the AT-TE isn't enough to get me excited again. Maybe if news of the Falcon was just now starting to leak out there, then I'd be getting excited; but it's already starting to feel like old news and after buying up so much vintage stuff over the last year, I have to seriously ask myself if I want to spend $150 on yet another SW toy.

plasticfetish
06-19-2008, 12:58 AM
If I could ride that Falcon to work, instead of paying $4.30 a gallon for gas, I'd probably be a little more enthusiastic. ;)

jedi master sal
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm actually scaling back my collecting significantly this year though. And I'm not talking about jedi master sal's version of scaling back, I'm talking about really scaling back.:p

Hey! I cut my budget in half. That's $3k I'm saving! That's a serious scale back,

:yes: :thumbsup:

obi-dad
06-19-2008, 11:52 AM

If not for the upcoming Legacy Vader, Yarna, the new A-Wing and a couple of other figures, then I could actually say that I've quit collecting Star Wars altogether.

In fact, I'm so burned out on Star Wars right now that even the BMF Falcon and the AT-TE isn't enough to get me excited again. Maybe if news of the Falcon was just now starting to leak out there, then I'd be getting excited; but it's already starting to feel like old news and after buying up so much vintage stuff over the last year, I have to seriously ask myself if I want to spend $150 on yet another SW toy.

You're scaling back, but one of the few things you're buying is another red (maroon?) A-wing? Is there anything different on this from the last 3 releases (not counting that odd green one)? I would think anyone willing to spend $20-$30 (whatever the price is) for the A-wing would be willing to spend the extra to get the BMF (unless space is the consideration). I'd much rather see a retooling (& larger) AT-ST, AT-AT or a dream vehicle like Jabba's Sailbarge instead of another A-wing.

Blue2th
06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm thinking that to display mine, to build a corner shelf up high, maybe hang mirrors above it to see down inside, take it down a few times and play with it on a coffee table or whatever. The other thing is to make a four string fishing line harness ( I do this for my huge Ultimate Soldier airplanes) and hang it from a hook. Now that would be something to see in flight with a space background.:yes:

Dark Marble
06-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I am also scaling back my collection and I really don't see collecting too many vehicles beyond the falcon. But, the falcon will be mine! I have been waiting for this since I was 7 and if it is the last Star Wars thing I ever collect so be it. After 10 years of collecting and 27 years of being a Star Wars fan, I can end on this.

But I don't blame anyone who might pass on this. $150 is a lot of scratch to drop on a toy. And how much can any one absorb? I am selling my vintage AT-AT, Y-Wing, and my Clone Wars Command Gunship just to have the money and room for this bad boy...

dindae
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I must confess that my excitement for both ships is wavering. This is largely due to my intrest in collecting in general is at a low. I'm definately curious to see how my mood will shift if at all when I start seeing stuff in store. I was really impressed seeing the side by side comparison of the new and old falcon.

DarthQuack
06-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I must confess that my excitement for both ships is wavering. This is largely due to my intrest in collecting in general is at a low. I'm definately curious to see how my mood will shift if at all when I start seeing stuff in store. I was really impressed seeing the side by side comparison of the new and old falcon.

I agree, I'm on the fence about actually purchasing it....although I've never bought a falcon before, so what better time to pick one up.

pegger
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM

I felt the same way - till I held it in my hands. Now I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on one (again)

Luuuuuuke
06-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm definitely not getting these, especially the Falcon. I'm pretty much all about clone troopers now. Besides, they're way too overpriced. I'd rather spend $150 on a Medicom clone trooper than $199 on a Millenium Falcon. (Even though both are overpriced, technically).

I'm like dindae--my interest in collecting is kind of low. I can't even motivate myself to hit stores.

bigbarada
06-19-2008, 06:20 PM
You're scaling back, but one of the few things you're buying is another red (maroon?) A-wing? Is there anything different on this from the last 3 releases (not counting that odd green one)? I would think anyone willing to spend $20-$30 (whatever the price is) for the A-wing would be willing to spend the extra to get the BMF (unless space is the consideration). I'd much rather see a retooling (& larger) AT-ST, AT-AT or a dream vehicle like Jabba's Sailbarge instead of another A-wing.

Well, there've only been three releases of the A-Wing: 1985 Droids line, 1997 POTF2 line, and the 2002 Saga line (which was the ugly green one). There have been no other releases aside from that. So this one will be the fourth release and most movie-accurate release of the vehicle in the whole history of Star Wars toys.

Anyways, it's not just the more accurate paint scheme on the A-Wing, it's the highly improved pilot with the correct helmet. Something I've been waiting for for years now.

In any case, I don't really get your argument that if I'm willing to drop $30 on another A-Wing, then I should be willing to drop $150 on another Millennium Falcon. We're talking about a $120 difference here!

Although I would love to see new versions of the AT-ST and AT-AT as well.

JediTricks
06-19-2008, 06:28 PM
You're scaling back, but one of the few things you're buying is another red (maroon?) A-wing? Is there anything different on this from the last 3 releases (not counting that odd green one)? I would think anyone willing to spend $20-$30 (whatever the price is) for the A-wing would be willing to spend the extra to get the BMF (unless space is the consideration). I'd much rather see a retooling (& larger) AT-ST, AT-AT or a dream vehicle like Jabba's Sailbarge instead of another A-wing.They redesigned the cockpit on the new A-wing:
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00294.jpg
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/report.htm

bigbarada
06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
They redesigned the cockpit on the new A-wing:
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00294.jpg
http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/report.htm

Nice! :thumbsup: The colors on the vehicle look much more vibrant than that drab POTF2 release. I wish we could get a closer look at the helmet that the pilot is holding.

The only minor disappointment is it looks like they didn't redo the chest box on Arvel, it's the same one that was on Tycho last year which wasn't really movie accurate, but hopefully they at least got the helmet right.

dindae
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I felt the same way - till I held it in my hands. Now I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on one (again)

I suspect I will have the same reaction based on past experience. Heck I remeber back in 95 when I thought I would only buy R2, 3po, Luke, and Vader.

I'm like dindae--my interest in collecting is kind of low. I can't even motivate myself to hit stores.

I didn't think there has been a reason to hit if you wanted to.

obi-dad
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I didn't think there has been a reason to hit if you wanted to.

Well, until last week, I just picked up the WalMart exclussive BD 2packs, but probably will be returning half of them. I don't care enought abut C-3PX to build him if I have to buy another Watto, Plo-Koon, Kit and the ugly astromech paint jobs that come with them. I'll have to seriously look at them again, but I'm not sure I'll be able to complete a single BD figure... well, maybe the ones that come with the Legacy figures.

Tycho
06-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm with you Obi-Dad. I could care less about that Build A Droid stuff. I'm not going to even try to get all the pieces, and yet I'm sure to have duplicates of some parts from figures I buy multiples of - like if the Quarren Soldier has droid parts (I'm not even paying attention because I don't care - I just want 3 Quarrens).

So it will be a coincidence if I amass all the parts to build any of the droids.

It's a smart marketing idea on Hasbro's part - but I am just the type who's too smart to fall for something like that. I know. People hate a smart-arse. But I'm used to it. I've had to deal with that all my life since early on when I discovered I was a genius. It's a mixed blessing.

Blue2th
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, until last week, I just picked up the WalMart exclussive BD 2packs, but probably will be returning half of them. I don't care enought abut C-3PX to build him if I have to buy another Watto, Plo-Koon, Kit and the ugly astromech paint jobs that come with them. I'll have to seriously look at them again, but I'm not sure I'll be able to complete a single BD figure... well, maybe the ones that come with the Legacy figures.
I saw these the other day and have since been back to look at them again, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to buy them yet. The paint apps just seem not quite there for me.
I did read Adam Pawlus' review over at Galactic Hunter, and it kind of made me at least have a formed opnion about them, and what differences they have with previous versions if any of the figures. Though I'm still not commited quite yet to buying them.
Here's the link if you're interested:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=7295&zoneid=2

obi-dad
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
It's a smart marketing idea on Hasbro's part - but I am just the type who's too smart to fall for something like that. I know. People hate a smart-arse. But I'm used to it. I've had to deal with that all my life since early on when I discovered I was a genius. It's a mixed blessing.

I hear ya, brother. It's a blessing and curse that some of us have to live with. But we just have to take it one day at a time. :D