PDA

View Full Version : Mustafar Panning Droid

Darth Cruel
04-22-2008, 07:28 AM
I just opened this figure and I must say I rather like it. If it is good for nothing else...it is an EXCELLENT display for the Obi/Ani fight.

Edit - This figure may just make me buy an extra of the Obi-Wan and Anakin figures for it. But I will surely go for the ones that Target put out with the Lava reflection on them.

DarkArtist
04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I like the figure just wish the lava platform was bigger so both figures can really fit on it. I know they both do but the platform was bigger in the movie. as far as the droid goes, could have been made with a stronger plastic but overall a good addition to the line of figures.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree that the figure should've been made of a sturdier plastic, but it's nice that we got these. They aren't much in the way of figures as they were originally supposed to be pack-ins for the Obi-Wan and Anakin figures, which are both amazing in the amount of articulation they have.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I agree that the figure should've been made of a sturdier plastic, but it's nice that we got these.

That can be said for several figures these days. Aside from the Panning droid, the Tri-Droid also comes to mind for having weak plastic legs.

That being said however, I do like the Panning droid, and it looks great with my Obi, and Ani posed fighting on it.

I will add the fact that the one I purchased is the only one I've ever seen on the pegs.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
That can be said for several figures these days. Aside from the Panning droid, the Tri-Droid also comes to mind for having weak plastic legs.

That being said however, I do like the Panning droid, and it looks great with my Obi, and Ani posed fighting on it.

I will add the fact that the one I purchased is the only one I've ever seen on the pegs.

Yeah... the Tri-Droid is a let-down in some ways 'cos of the rubbery legs. They bend as it is. I don't even want to think about what will happen when the house is a couple degrees warmer in the summer!!!!

You're not the only one! I've never seen the panning droid on the pegs at all. I got mine on-line. I've seen every other figure from that wave in multiple numbers but never that one.

El Chuxter
04-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Honestly, I saw this and laughed and laughed and laughed that Hasbro wanted $7 for it.

Battle Droid
04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
It's better than another Darth Vader for $7.

El Chuxter
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Point taken, but it is akin to selling the moisture vaporator by itself for $7. This really should've been a pack-in split between the Vader and Obi-Wan figures, as was originally planned.

dr_evazan22
04-25-2008, 01:22 PM
I haven't been able to get my droid to 'clip' onto the platform like the package says. Have you guys had any luck?

And I agree with that Tri droid... @$#%@#!!! Almost makes me swear off any battle-type droids. Its just ****ing away good money. What's worse, for me anyway, is I like the repaint that will come in the Battle of Mygeeto BP, which I'll most likely get if I can find it.

sebillba
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I haven't been able to get my droid to 'clip' onto the platform like the package says. Have you guys had any luck?

I couldn't work that out at first either, until I looked at the pics on RS.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TAC0808panning2.jpg

dindae
04-25-2008, 04:48 PM
I like it a lot. I need to figure out a way to display one with Anikan riding on it. I agree that it is probably not the most exciting $7 package for kids I was really happy with it. The only improvement would be if they made the platform bigger or made it so you buy two and put them together.