PDA

View Full Version : Who runs Jabba's Palace after ROTJ... ?

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Ditto as the above question... ???

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2002, 06:42 PM
According to the Tales from Jabba's Palace book, I believe it was either the B'Omarr monks or Bib Fortuna. I'm uncertian if further EU books have dealt with that issue.

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 09:59 PM
I read some of those Boba Fett comics a while back, and it seems that his brother, or cousin, or some other Hutt took over. I also vaguely remember something about the Monks taking over in SOTE:E.

hamsterboy
02-15-2002, 01:16 AM
I thought I heard Jabba's father took over.(could be wrong)

Rollo Tomassi
02-15-2002, 08:52 AM
The Monks took over the palace proper, the actual location. Jabba's father took over his crime syndicate. both EU stories are equally retarded.

El Chuxter
02-15-2002, 12:17 PM
There's a lot of different takes on this:

In the kiddie books that are more or less considered noncanonical now (Glove of Darth Vader, et al), a group of Ranats take over until they're ousted by Zorba the Hutt. After Zorba vanishes from continuity, no word.

According to several books, the B'omarr Monks took over. They'd been planning a coup for quite some time, and removed the brains of several of the palace denizens--including Tessek, Bib Fortuna, J'Quille, and Bubo.

In Battleground: Tatooine (which I thumbed through but haven't read), Bib's cousin comes and takes over. At the end, Bib convinces the monks to do a brian swap. So the cousin's in a spider droid, and Bib's in his cousin's body. He may still be in charge, since I don't think anything's been mentioned about it afterwards.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2002, 11:58 AM
I couldn't resist...

Originally posted by El Chuxter
There's a lot of different takes on this:

In the kiddie books that are more or less considered noncanonical now (Glove of Darth Vader, et al), a group of Ranats take over until they're ousted by Zorba the Hutt. After Zorba vanishes from continuity, no word.

Did they have to put out Space Cheese on traps to get them out? :p

According to several books, the B'omarr Monks took over. They'd been planning a coup for quite some time, and removed the brains of several of the palace denizens--including Tessek, Bib Fortuna, J'Quille, and Bubo.

I had an image of "Ghandi 2" from Weird Al's UHF.

In Battleground: Tatooine (which I thumbed through but haven't read), Bib's cousin comes and takes over. At the end, Bib convinces the monks to do a brian swap. So the cousin's in a spider droid, and Bib's in his cousin's body. He may still be in charge, since I don't think anything's been mentioned about it afterwards.

Bib: "I'll give you Brian Boitano for Brian Bosworth."
Bib's Cousin: "No, how about Brian Denehy for Brian Piccilo?"

Just kidding Chuxter! :D

GNT
02-18-2002, 01:52 AM
I thought Bib's brain was put into a jar of one of the B'omarr Monks?

master jedi
02-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by GNT
I thought Bib's brain was put into a jar of one of the B'omarr Monks?

I think that was a tale in the book 'Tales from Jabbas Palace.'

I think the monks put his brain in one of those spider things and then he had them put it back in his body.

Darth Ovori
02-18-2002, 04:23 PM
Hmmm... if all these stories are from EU then there really are stupid...