PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Invades Deal or No Deal

Dar' Argol
04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
That's right folks, Monday, April 28th Star Wars takes over Deal or No Deal. In one section the models are all dressed in Slave Leia costumes. In the following bit a platoon of Stormtroopers carry the cases out. And I believe the Banker is replaced by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Vader. And I think I saw Chewie standing with the contestants family.

Just wanted to drop a note about it . . .. I'll be watching.

bobafrett
04-24-2008, 06:53 AM
I read about this elsewear, put assumed it had already been posted here. I'm hoping I can remember to watch seeing as about the only TV I really ever see is Cubs baseball.

JEDIpartner
04-24-2008, 09:28 AM
NO DEAL.

I hate this show.

jedi master sal
04-24-2008, 11:28 AM
DEAL, I like the show, but LOVE the idea of 26 hot women scantily clad as our beloved Leia in "slave" outfit. It's hat I would have asked for had I been a contestant on the show. Someone just beat me to it.

CaptainSolo1138
04-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm sure it'll be real classy, with Howie "Ord" Mandell telling contestants to "use the force" every time they pick a case.

I would be embarrassed to watch it.

El Chuxter
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
George Lucas is officially a prostitute now, isn't he? I'll bet you can find him spreading gonorrhea for ten dollars a pop down at the docks.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-24-2008, 02:57 PM
George Lucas is officially a prostitute now, isn't he? I'll bet you can find him spreading gonorrhea for ten dollars a pop down at the docks.

Just now? Hasn't this been the case for sometime now?

Oh, wait you said officially......my bad.:D

Dar' Argol
04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
You see, my son loves to watch that show. Well, at least he stops fussing when he sees the models . . . like father like son. And what better way to ingrain Star Wars on his young impressionable mind then 26 scantly clad "Slave Leia's"?? I mean they say that young kids remember better when they have it told to them in 3's . . . so I figure 26 times is even better.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM

LOL! My partner said something to that effect but not as profane the other day! I think it was, "Is there nothing George Lucas will say 'no' to?"

If George Lucas were a teenage girl, he'd have been knocked up several times before he graduated from High School! :laugh:

Dar' Argol
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm watching right now . . . .lol

DarthQuack
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Me too, Carrie Fisher has seen better days.

CaptainSolo1138
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Me too, Carrie Fisher has seen better days.More like "years". How awkward of a check was that to earn? And what was up with Chewbrutha?

Rocketboy
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Good God that was the dullest things I've ever seen.
I was a bored as Carrie Fisher looked.
That was one goofy lookin' Chewbacca and Darth "Look at me shake my fist every two seconds" Vader was almost as irritating as Howie Mandel and that lame forced suspense they try and pull off too expand the length of the show.

At least the slave girls looked good.

Dar' Argol
04-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I actually thought Carrie looked better then recent times I've seen her. Maybe that's just me. I was very impressed when the Troopers came out in formation. That was pretty cool. Of course the Slave Models was awesome . . some looked better then I have seen before. At least Howie didn't make any lame Star Wars jokes.

But more then that it was just good fun. Any one of us would have been thrilled to be there on stage, no matter what you say here. It would have just been plain awesome and fun more then anything.

On a side note, the first contestant . . .. her "personal banker" . . . .that was a very large tall man . . I thought they brought out Jabba for a moment. Matter of fact my wife asked if that was his costume . . . lol

mtriv73
04-29-2008, 08:26 AM
I gave up on the show after about 30 mintues. It just moves toooo sloooow.

jedi master sal
04-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I like the show in general anyway, so it being a SW special added to it for me. Some corny references but nothing too over the top I thought.
Carrie did look better than past years, IMO.

The models as Slave Leia looked...well do I really even need to comment there.

Dar, I completely agree with you. Anyone of us would have been juiced to be there. SW episode aside, that's some serious money to have a chance to win.

One thing though, the second contestant said he had maybe 400 toys and saw the movies 20 times each. What? Okay, maybe he might seem like a huge fan to "outsiders," but come on, there are more than that in figures even if you only get one of each. And what's up with 20 times...Cripes I saw the OT more than that during it's original run in theaters, let alone all of the VCR and DVD veiwings.

Ooh, when Howie mentioned the guy had been to conventions, I'm glad no jokes were made there. Though I wish the guy would have said which one(s), even if just to say "Celeration" or SDCC. We would have known.

Still all in all a neat episode. I tried to record it to my computer, but for some reason couldn't get it to work right. So I suppose it will be YouTube for me if I want to see that show again.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2008, 08:04 PM
I realized that I now need to be aware of my SW comments making me out to be more of a dorkus minorkus than I already am. I was impressed with the troopers' ability to open those cases in the unis; not so easy to do in those gloves, plus standing in place (minus commercial breaks) for a while. Vader's "voice" was pre-recorded, rather than a vocie changer on-set, I believe, because the lady set him up for some good responses, and some were not related to her statements. I'd have put Rebel or Imperial emblems on the cases; eBay would've make a killing off those collectibles. :greedy:

[edit] Might be time to move this to the TV section, perhaps SW:TV, mods?

bobafrett
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I rather enjoyed it. I got a little teary eyed seeing the Stormtroopers coming up with the cases. Recorded it on VHS tape, since I'm not technologically savy. My Fiance' and I stepped out for a bite to eat, and came back shortly after the second contestant had started his round.

One stupid thing I did was text for the now model. Six times before I read about the dollar charge per text message. I was trying to win the $10,000, but someone in a town not to far from me won it.

Tonysmo
04-30-2008, 01:11 AM
whats a VHS?

:) kidding..

I saw it. I thought it was pretty cool. The troopers looked bada&& coming down, and I thought Carrie looked okay. It did get a little hokey through-out, and yeah her personal banker couldve passed for a hut.

- and I too on the 2nd round thought to myself when the guy said 20.. what? 20? your either lying to save face, or you really arent THAT much of a fan. ...and being that the show was FOR geeks.. ( if you will, no disprespect,, but we are what we are.. ) he shouldnt have been lying..

I for one would have loved to be on the show for that.

Dar' Argol
04-30-2008, 06:48 AM
I rather enjoyed it. I got a little teary eyed seeing the Stormtroopers coming up with the cases.

Teary eyed??? Man I had chills run up my back when they came out. And the comment about watching each about 20 times threw me a bit . . . and yeah . . Vader's voice did seem a bit pre-recorded . . . which kinda doesn't make sense, how could they know the amount they should offer . . . All in all I enjoyed it. Nice to still see Star Wars making is way into the populous.

Lord Malakite
04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
[edit] Might be time to move this to the TV section, perhaps SW:TV, mods?
Deal Howie.

OC47150
04-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Recorded it on VHS tape, since I'm not technologically savy.

For the record, I use my VCR on a daily basis. Can't live without it.

Watched the last half-hour. It wasn't bad. But who was the bad guy giving the contestant advice? I would've told him to shut up. He got on my nerves.

I like to watch the regular editions and guess which girls have real and fake boobs. :thumbsup: Low-cut dress = fake.

2-1B
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I loved it, but how cringeworthy and cheesy was that? The girls looked great in the Leia costumes but those Stormies were really goofy with how they walked like robots, so I didn't like that. Carrie Fisher looked bored and embarrassed to be there but in need of a paycheck. Plus there were the odd moments of her hanging on the husband and others I love how they got the main actress from the movies to come out for the girl's segment, then for the dude they have a remote control R2 and a guy in a Chewbacca suit. Not exactly an even trade. Also I loved how Chewie's mouth was not articulated and the way he very humanly clapped and pumped his arms. Reminded me of Teen Wolf.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I actually thought Carrie looked better then recent times I've seen her. Maybe that's just me. I was very impressed when the Troopers came out in formation. That was pretty cool. Of course the Slave Models was awesome . . some looked better then I have seen before. At least Howie didn't make any lame Star Wars jokes.

But more then that it was just good fun. Any one of us would have been thrilled to be there on stage, no matter what you say here. It would have just been plain awesome and fun more then anything.

On a side note, the first contestant . . .. her "personal banker" . . . .that was a very large tall man . . I thought they brought out Jabba for a moment. Matter of fact my wife asked if that was his costume . . . lol

I thought Carrie looked good too. Not like the trainwreck I have seen her on other recent appearances.

The show itself while visually stimulating, was anticlimatic. Howie didn't seem enthused as the contestants did and that means a lot to a gameshow. The fact that the girl in the first half picked an utterly low amount, we knew that pretty much the guy in the second half was going to win it all since the odds were overwhelmingly in favor that he get a higher amount.

But yes, Lucas needs to realize that his franchise is losing integrity by the minute.

JediTricks
05-09-2008, 05:13 AM
The word "sucked" is thrown around a lot...