PDA

View Full Version : Boogars and How They Communicate With You

Tycho
04-25-2008, 11:55 PM
There are messages that your boogars are sending you.

I'll translate some common phrases:

"Eat me!"

"Flick me!"

"Stick me on the wall, please."

"Shssh. Put me in this other person's salad, Mate."

Listen quietly and you may be able to hear your boogars talking to you.

El Chuxter
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
I was going to respond to this, but thought better of it.

Tycho
04-26-2008, 12:40 AM
When I'm bored, I can think of the dumbest things to post.

Then I may give someone else a laugh, or what they post in response might give me a laugh.

In any case, it is 10:45 at night here, PST, and the fridge is empty and I haven't had dinner. I fell asleep so I didn't go shopping earlier, as I'd planned. But that would be too boring.

So I posted something totally whacked, hoping I'll generate equally whacked responses to it, that I'll take with me for the laughs that I'll need to get me in and out of the grocery store.

Nope. After college you don't have a huge posse of friends around. They move and it's great when they can come and visit, as did one of my best friends last weekend. But right now, I am all by my lonesome, and I might go to a bar by myself and order some food where I can be social. Of course I can always stalk girls in the grocery store :thumbsup: But while I'm hungry, I don't feel like seeing a movie by myself or going to the bookstore (maybe later).

But you never know: someone might post something funny about boogars and I'll have a laugh before I leave the house.

So "pick your response" carefully. ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2008, 01:29 AM
The correct spelling is "booger".

That reminds me of that episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. I think it was the pilot. Johnny Fever had lost a job because he said "booger" on the air. So, when WKRP switched to playing rock & roll, he ended his introduction by saying, "Oh, I almost forgot, fellow babies....BOOGER!"

Jedi_Kal-El
04-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I was going to respond to this, but thought better of it.

I'm with you on that note.

DarthQuack
04-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Booger was great in Revenge of the Nerds.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-26-2008, 10:20 AM
My boogers often tell me that they will show up in my nose at the most inopportune times and lo and behold, last night after meeting some friends at a bar, I went to use the facilities and saw two pieces of snot sitting at the base of my nostrils.

Time to jam a pencil up my nose to teach those boogers a lesson. :upset:

Tycho
04-26-2008, 10:45 AM
That was an interesting story Lowly Bantha Clearner.

I'd think pencils are preferrable to ball point pens, because the wood used to make pencils might be more absorbant of the liquid-runny type of boogers. For the dry and flaky ones, it doesn't so much matter.

We've now achieved some good advice for those of you who wish to pick their nose with a foreign object. How about that? This thread is becoming very useful.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2008, 11:19 AM
The problem with pencils is the possibility of getting splinters.

El Chuxter
04-26-2008, 12:27 PM
As a small kid, I picked out a huge booger (y'know how kids get monstrous ones) and shoved it up my little brother's nose. My mom was wondering how he got such a frigging huge booger, until my laughter led her to figure it out.

Tycho
04-26-2008, 01:59 PM
That was very funny Chux. A great use for both a booger and a little brother!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-03-2008, 11:50 AM
As a small kid, I picked out a huge booger (y'know how kids get monstrous ones) and shoved it up my little brother's nose. My mom was wondering how he got such a frigging huge booger, until my laughter led her to figure it out.

Thus refuting the old adage, "You can pick your friends," and "you can pick your brother" but "you can't shove slimy boogers up your little brother's nose." :laugh:

bobafrett
05-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I remember in junior high, I was sitting in geography spinning a globe, and this girl sitting across the table sneezed, and a large green booger came out, hit the globe, and spun off onto my white button down shirt. I was totally grossed out, and when I got out of school, I took the shirt off and walked home with it at arms length away.

She did apologize, and did clean her nose debris off my shirt.

Right now my boogers are crusting around the nostrils as I have a cold or something like that.

Tycho
05-04-2008, 02:53 AM
That was a great riccochet shot on the girl's part.

While I am sorry about your shirt, the girl should have gotten some kind of award for that strike: like the Geo-GlobeSnotters MVP award or something.

That's really amazing when you think about it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I'm bored and somewhat lonely tonight, so that was a major highlight.

I just returned from the grocery store and Wal-Mart where I saw the Indiana Jones figures for my first time. Actually, one of the Lego sets from Raiders was more impressive (where the golden fertility god statue was from the beginning of the movie). I'm going to go post about Indiana Jones stuff now.