PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's Shadow Guard

jedibear
04-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Yeah, it's just a recycled Crimson Guard figure with all-black deco and a new "saber-pike" weapon, but it still looks pretty cool.

Did note (thanks to some eagle-eyed folks online) that the robe was on backwards and inside-out, but once corrected, it looks good. The left forearm pops off pretty easy, so gotta watch that.

I think this guy is more suited for display with Vader than the Emperor...let him keep the red ones... :)

GizorDellso
04-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah its a very nice figure.He looks really good on his stand next to my PS3 :razz:

Veers
05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I think the black version looks better than the red version.:thumbsup:

Neuroleptic
05-03-2008, 10:07 PM
My thought from looking at the picture is that I probably will pass on him when I see him.

I don't like the red lens or whatever it's called, and the pike looks like it would be next to impossible to use as a practical weapon. I mean, it would have to be around twelve feet long from the looks of it.

jedibear
05-04-2008, 02:52 AM
I don't know about "better" Veers...but I sure like it...alot. The red ones have a more regal look to them that works well, but these black-clad ones just look...very intense.

And Neuroleptic...your point is well-taken about the weapon, but...there is a certain ceremonial aspects to these guards that make it work. They are the Emperor's guards after all so mere appearance and intimidation are often enough when they are actually guarding their master...besides, they are armed with a more practical (if not "uncivilized" :) ) blaster pistol.

There's just something about them that screams "evil" and "Sith"...that's why I like them displayed with Lord Vader...

DarkArtist
05-04-2008, 06:50 PM
picked up 3 of these guys. i kept 2 with the robes and removed the robes from the third since the pic on the back of the card looks like these guys don't wear the robes.

still a great figure though

mtriv73
05-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I finally saw one in a store on saturday and bought it. I also picked up the pasty version of Mariss Brood since I had the pinkish colored one.