PDA

View Full Version : Han & Luke Stormies confirmed for this year!!

sebillba
04-27-2008, 03:39 PM
"Galactic Hunter: We've heard rumblings several times of a Death Star Escape themed wave and/or Battle Pack in the Third Quarter. Is there any merit to this? (Obviously Hasbro knows we'd like nicely articulated Han Solo and Luke Skywalker as Stormtroopers, a revised Princess Leia, and some other third-reel goodness.) Are Original Trilogy fans going to be overlooked as The Clone Wars rage?

HASBRO: While there is an EpIV wave slated for the end of the year, there is no "Death Star Escape" theme to it (we're not sure where that rumor came from but it seems to be persistent on several fan sites - we have never, not even conceptually, had such a wave planned). However, we can indeed confirm that SA Stormtrooper versions of our heroes *are* finally coming as part of the EpIV wave along with some more surprises that will be revealed at Comic Con."

Beast
04-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Hopefully they'll do a new or modified sculpt for Luke's body. :)

I wonder if they'll include Lieutenant Shann Childsen in the wave as well.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/zs/anh/ltchildsen1.jpg

JON9000
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Hopefully they'll do a new or modified sculpt for Luke's body. :)

I wonder if they'll include Lieutenant Shann Childsen in the wave as well.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/zs/anh/ltchildsen1.jpg

Why, to make him a little shorter?

jjreason
04-27-2008, 05:35 PM
You jest, Jon, but it would be a nice touch. :)

Jedi_Kal-El
04-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I agree. Luke needs to be a little shorter for a Stormtrooper.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm just glad the whole escape from the death star wave got canned! I'm glad for the ANH wave, and it's cool to hear that Luke's getting a update to be a little shorter, but a whole wave to the death star is a little lame, as what else really needs to come out from that wave? Praji? Galactic Marine...That's about the stink of it.

bigbarada
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I agree. Luke needs to be a little shorter for a Stormtrooper.

All they would have to do would be to reduce the length of the bottom half of the torso and that should simulate a shorter Luke Skywalker fairly well. Since the Stormtrooper armor is universal, the length of the pieces themselves shouldn't change. It's the amount of space between the armor pieces that would be reduced.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I really doubt they'll change Luke's body. It's just gonna be the comic pack versions in normal colors, which is still fine by me.

Beast
04-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I really doubt they'll change Luke's body. It's just gonna be the comic pack versions in normal colors, which is still fine by me.
They already did the comic pack versions in normal colors.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2008, 07:30 PM
They already did the comic pack versions in normal colors.
The helmets still have red eyes, or something.

jjreason
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
All they would have to do would be to reduce the length of the bottom half of the torso and that should simulate a shorter Luke Skywalker fairly well. Since the Stormtrooper armor is universal, the length of the pieces themselves shouldn't change. It's the amount of space between the armor pieces that would be reduced.

Or the leg length. I'm sure they have at least 2 different lengths of stormtrooper thighs or shins by now - all they need is about 2 millimetres difference on a figure that size and everyone'd be happy.

Hell, the latest Commander Gree and Kashyyyk Clones have the right amount of height disparity, and they're supposed to be the same person. :(

Devo
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm glad for the ANH wave, and it's cool to hear that Luke's getting a update to be a little shorter.

It doesn't say that though. All they say is that SA versions are coming out. That could easily just be the comic pack versions on basic cards.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Funny thing is though.....I thought they were never going to release a carded Han in Stormie disguise.

El Chuxter
04-27-2008, 09:12 PM
That's just what I was thinking, JKE. Wasn't it just a week ago they said it?

Jedi_Kal-El
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM
That's just what I was thinking, JKE. Wasn't it just a week ago they said it?

I believe so Chux. Maybe they're getting sick of collectors bugging them, I don't know.

2-1B
04-28-2008, 12:43 AM
I'd rather they focus more on product for The Clone Wars.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2008, 12:00 PM

I already made my own from the comic pack heads and some of the new Stormtroopers that I didn't want from a case I ordered. :)

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 01:08 AM
All they would have to do would be to reduce the length of the bottom half of the torso and that should simulate a shorter Luke Skywalker fairly well. Since the Stormtrooper armor is universal, the length of the pieces themselves shouldn't change. It's the amount of space between the armor pieces that would be reduced.I did the math a while back but can't find the post. Anyway, the arm armor would have to be closer together making the arms shorter or he'd look a little apish, and the same thing goes for the legs or he'd be quite leggy. The reality is that they likely made Mark Hamill a custom suit of armor because he's shorter than average.

Personally, I don't think the stormtrooper body works all that well for Luke or Han, Luke's too short and Han's got a little more bulk in his than the regular stormie body looks like. But I'd take Han with that body well over Luke.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
It doesn't say that though. All they say is that SA versions are coming out. That could easily just be the comic pack versions on basic cards.

I know, but i'm holding on to a fool's hope here, as i don't want to buy figures i already bought just last year again for some lousey droid parts.

Desfiy
05-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Ok sorry to disappoint but in one of Q&A's on a different site they said they were going to do normal colors to the SA versions they already have out, so in other words there using the Marvel Star Wars representations of them just with normal colors, no shortening at all of Luke.

Now saying that Hasbro could change their mind again and shorten Luke, I am under firm belief Hasbro is very cunning or doesnt know what they are doing (I am going for the latter).

obi-dad
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately, this fits very well with their business model... first get us to buy these repaints, which saves them money from retooling and then within a couple of years they will create all new figures with the correct height (or at least one for Luke) and get us to buy it again.

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 02:23 AM
They actually said they wanted to design the figure with adjustable height plugs in the torso, but the factory who actually turns these things into real molds didn't go through with that.

obi-dad
05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
They actually said they wanted to design the figure with adjustable height plugs in the torso, but the factory who actually turns these things into real molds didn't go through with that.

I remember reading that in the answer to a Q&A now. Pretty sweet answer, since the factories don't get to answer.... I'm surprised they didn't stumble onto this answer before... why didn't figure x come super articulated? we sent the factory designs for a super articulated figure, but they decided on their own to replace the knee and elbow SA joints with cut joints. Why is the likeness for Amidala, Leia, Luke,etc so bad for figure x? You should have seen the figure we designed! It was a dead on likeness, but the factory went with a different head mold from potf2 era. What's up with the paint apps on figure x (ex jango is purple) we sent the factory the best color schemes yet, but they decided to go with their own colors... we personally think Luke looks good with pink hair... you know on a boring planet like tatooine, he had to go through a punk phase. :thumbsup: