PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Titaniums

Blue2th
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
EE is listing upcoming Indy Titaniums http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40565B

Wave 1

Rocket Sled
Jungle Cutter
Biplane
Cargo Truck
Persian Tank

Wave 2

same as wave 1 with 3 more added:

Mutt Wilson on Motorcycle
Flying Wing
Indy and Henry Jones on Motorcycle

Looks like there are 3 from the new movie, and the others I recognize from the old movies.

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Can you say "another failed Titanium 3-inch line" boys and girls? Good find though.

figrin bran
04-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Can you say "another failed Titanium 3-inch line" boys and girls? Good find though.

I wish they'd get around to doing GI Joe vehicles and they probably will for the movie but I was thinking more along the lines of RAH.

I wonder when the Big H is going to realize that having every boy's action toy subline as an offshoot of SW sublines isn't a great way to keep your lines very fresh, innovative and dynamic. Galactic/Robot/Adventure Heroes, Titaniums, Mighty Muggs, Comic packs...it's all just a money grubbing formula to Hasbro.

JediTricks
04-29-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't understand their behavior with Titaniums, everything but SW & BSG that they've thrown at it has done poorly, yet they keep trying even though the pricepoint is now outrageously high.

I would have liked to have seen some iconic and cool RAH vehicles in the Titanium line, but now it feels too late.

Darth Duranium
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
That listing's been up for a while on EE... still no pics, though.

I'd think that this line might do ok... (1) I'd never bet against Indy and (2) Hasbro's stuck to vehicles instead of teeny figurines. TF and SW sold well but the others keep dem peggies toasty warm.

Wonder if they'll de-Nazify the Flying Wing like Disney did... it's the only one I want, for now.

Rocket sled, huh? Very interesting...

I don't see a Pan-Am Flying Boat on there...

Blue2th
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
I will definitely get the Flying Wing. It'll most likely be de-Nazified.
Depending on how good the sculpts are, I'd like to get the biplane, tank and truck.
In this scale I wonder if Hasbro can even get as nice military vehicles that some other companies have been doing for years. Though the truck and flying wing are unique to the Indy films and weren't ever seen in production of actual vehicles.
If I'm not mistaken the biplane was a British Gypsy Moth painted in Nazi colors.
The tank looked like a WWI British tank also, though both may have had some small cosmetic modifications.

That rocket sled could be cool maybe.

I'd like to see the Pan Am Clipper also, as well as a zeppelin. Who knows maybe a submarine.

Darth Duranium
04-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah! A zeppelin would be awesome! But I'll be disappointed if they de-nazify that one, too. Won't look the same... the whole point, IMHO. Such gutlessness about a couple of swastikas, huh?

It'd be cool if you could flip a tiny Nazi out of the zeppelin's gondola onto a pile of tiny luggage... a first for the TS.

I'll wait and see... I might not be able to resist... it is Indy after all.

Maybe the Rocket Sled is a jet-powered wheelchair for 97 year-old Indy.:eek:

Blue2th
05-01-2008, 01:02 AM
We could be getting the Biplane floatplane from Raiders of the Lost Ark though, but then would they would have to call it a "floatplane" ya think?

Jangu Fett
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Here's some pics of 3 Indy Titaniums, from NYTF Indy Presentation.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/tf2008/Hasbro/IJpresentation/Slide20.JPG

sergiurusu
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM
My answer to this is simple: bring back Action Fleet and MicroMachines!:yes:

Jangu Fett
05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Amen. I've been hoping for that, since Hasbro canceled both lines. If they do decide to bring either back, I think it'll be the Micro Machines. Seeing as the SWTF are pretty close to the AF.?.? Still hoping for this.:yes:

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Dagnabit, I can't not like that truck with Indy dangling off the back.

joshephe
05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
EE has pictures up of them now.

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I think I'll get the Cargo Truck and Jungle Cutter at the very least.

figrin bran
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Hasbrotoyshop is taking preorders for the Flying Wing, Biplane, Jungle Cutter, Rocket Sled, Cargo Truck and the Tank.

mtriv73
06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
they're in stock now at HTS.

JediTricks
07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Saw the Indiana Jones Titanium Series vehicles today, specifically:
ROTLA Cargo Truck
LC Biplane
LC Motorcycle w/sidecar
LC Mark VII Tank
KOTCS Mutt's Harley
KOTCS Jungle Cutter

All come with the same flat dirt base, on the front is a black painted IJ logo with painted letters. Picked up the Tank, Motorcycle with sidecar, and Cargo Truck.That's wave 2 apparently, as Mutt isn't in wave 1, so I guess I missed the Rocket Sled (no big loss) and Flying Wing (noooooo!!!!!) as well. Packaging is on-par for Titaniums, the front has artwork themed around the vehicle, the back has a bio and vehicle line art (the bio and line art are in IJ style though, thankfully).

The tank has really cheesy wheels under the body, between the treads, the main body is metal but the treads and sides are plastic, so it seems like this is more plastic than it actually is. Paint is a little sloppy but generally decent. The side guns pivot like in the movie, and the turret rotates on top. The main gun is a bit smaller than I remember it. It's a B or C entry I suppose, I like it, don't love it.

The motorcycle seems pretty accurate, and both Indy and Henry are removable, they even bothered to paint their faces (neither of which we usually get on the minifigs with the SW Titaniums). The bike is very nice and accurate, the tires rubber, the front end steerable. The sidecar is glued on but that's ok. The paint is a little different green than I would have chosen, but it's not that far off; they were a little dubious in their choice of weathering in some spots but not others. This one is mostly metal. A good entry.

The Cargo Truck has only 2 faults, the color is too green, and the windshield is solid black for no apparent reason. Otherwise, this is spot on, and the dangling Indy is very cute (though I suppose his white string should be brown). All the wheels turn (take that, Clone Turbo Tank!) and the canopy is removable - no idea why Hasbro has a love for that "gimmick". Inside the canopy is the Ark's cargo crate, it's sculpted to the floor but painted, very slick - they have a plastic tray in there so the canopy won't crush I guess, it fell out and I didn't know WHAT it was till I tracked it down. A good amount of metal as well, and another fine entry.