PDA

View Full Version : DELAYED Captain Rex SNEAK PREVIEW Premium Figure

Warstar
05-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Being that I live in Bozeman, MT, where you have to send your cards and proofs-of-purchases to get the Captain Rex figure, I am probably one of the first people to receive this notice.

The postcard I received today, May 1st, stating the delay reads as follows:

"Dear Clone Wars Figure Requestor:

We have received your redemption request for the Clone Wars 2008 Captain Rex collectable figure. Due to an unanticipated production delay, we will be unable to ship the figure(s) to you until the last week of July, 2008. If you don't want to wait until then, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund by calling our toll-free customer service number, (800) 327-8264. Customer service hours are M-TH 8:30am-5:30am; Fr 8:30am-12:30pm. If we do not hear from you by July 1, 2008, we assume that you have agreed to this shipment delay. Please DO NOT call the toll-free number unless you want to cancel your order. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay."

The card has the Clone Wars logo on it that looks like the one on the offer on the packages and it was sent from right here in town (PO Box 10760 Bozeman, MT 59717).

If I could scan this in I would- however you will all be receiving the notice soon enough BUT-

You heard it from me, first :D

Ephantmon
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Somehow this doesn't surprise me

bigbarada
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
So you'll be able to buy the figure in stores before your "preview" version arrives?:D

figrin bran
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't mind the wait but...they cashed my check already!

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 04:18 AM
So you'll be able to buy the figure in stores before your "preview" version arrives?:D
Excellent point, that sucketh mightily!

DarkArtist
05-03-2008, 08:32 AM
i'm not surprised. i figured hasbro would under estimate the demand for the figure and push the release back. the same is happening with GI Joe figures, hasbro seriously dropped the ball on that line. i haven't seen a new figure on the pegs since the wave with Snow Job and Gold Destro.

also look at the last wave of Saga Legends...these guys are extremely hard to find and comic shops are charging $20 a figure.

the problem is that hasbro has yet to figure out how to give enough product so that everyone has a chance of finding them on the pegs and not oversaturating the figures of the main heroes like Anakin, Kenobi, Luke etc.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey, sell your postcard on eBay for $7 plus postage (wait until after May 12 when stamps go up to $.42), and you'll make a cool TWO CENTS PROFIT! Take that, Hasbro! MMMOOOOOWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :pleased:

Now this offer shall be henceforth known as... Captain Wrecks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I got the postcard yesterday. I don't really care; I can wait a while longer.

OC47150
05-03-2008, 06:54 PM
For someone like me, who hasn't mailed the rebate in, why do it if the figure is going to be released enmasse at the store?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-03-2008, 06:58 PM
For someone like me, who hasn't mailed the rebate in, why do it if the figure is going to be released enmasse at the store?
The deco is supposedly "clean" while the wide-release one is "dirty," and the cardback has a fold-out scene like the 1998 EU figures' ones did.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
The deco is supposedly "clean" while the wide-release one is "dirty," and the cardback has a fold-out scene like the 1998 EU figures' ones did.That smells of "variant" to me. :upset: Which wouldn't be too bad... if it arrives. I have two ordered: one with check a-cashed, one pending.

Thunderbird
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh well, not that big of a deal. Funny thing is I just let some freinds know today that I should be getting these any day know. I guess I break the news to them tomorrow.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2008, 09:18 AM
No postcard for me as yet, but I did notice that now both my checks've been cashed. But I suppose we have to put this in perspective: it took a full TEN YEARS for the clone army to be developed, so a teeny tiny delay on a clone (much smaller size, though) is bound to occur. :p

This also calls for a parody song, by Captain Wrecks In Effect:

"All I wanna get-get-get is my figure
Just send the fig!
All I wanna get-get-get is my figure
Just send the fig!
Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, 1-2-3-4 (figs)
Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, 1-2-3 (figs)
Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, 1-2 (figs)
Check, Hasbaby, check, Hasbaby, cashed."

Bel-Cam Jos
06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I got my postcard yesterday. Love the quality control on the wording:

"Dear Clone Wars Figure Requestor" (am I some sort of super villain? Here to destroy the city is... Requestor! With the power to delay shipments and reduce quality of products! ... am I being labeled as a "requester," I assume?)

"Captain Rex collectable figure" (A thank a know whit they ire tilkang ibout; spell it "collectible" please)

Also a couple extra space bars were typed in between words.

Yes, I am aware that I am nitpicking. But that's because I'm a tad frustrated. :upset:

El Chuxter
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I think "collectable" is becoming acceptable to the masses due to common usage.

However, I'm with George Carlin: "F*** common usage!"

OC47150
06-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Isn't spell check a great tool...to use!!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-21-2008, 11:59 AM
So, should we start eagerly waiting for this one in the mail now that it's close to the end of July? :frus:

Thunderbird
07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
My first one came in today. I think I still have a few more coming, I still need to send off for some more just to use up some of my old UPCs.

SplFrcsCWO
07-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Can you send in for more than 1 figure per entry?

figrin bran
07-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Can you send in for more than 1 figure per entry?

No, I'm pretty sure it's 1 figure per order form.

I actually received 1 out of the 2 Rex figures that I sent away for. The timing was very interesting, of course. While hitting a few stores this morning for a regular Rex, I was even wondering when it might arrive. It kind of defeats the purpose when you get the regular version before the preview version, which will be the case for many collectors.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2008, 09:36 AM
No, I'm pretty sure it's 1 figure per order form.

... It kind of defeats the purpose when you get the regular version before the preview version, which will be the case for many collectors.But you can order more than one, as figrin bran mentioned; they just have to be on separate forms. Check the Classifieds here at SSG, or PM any Forumites who have psoted that they have extra forms and UPCs. :thumbsup:

Well, I saw no Rex's yesterday, at the 4 stores I tried. I wonder if the mail-aways would have a "1st Day of Issue" sticker on them, or ANYTHING that makes them more "special" than the store-boughts.

Thunderbird
07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Mine didn't, It's just a clean version and has a different gun. The package does open into a 3D display, the regular version doesn't.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I've been gone since Wednesday, and he was in the mail when I got back. So, that was timed just right as I went and got the other version in the store today.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I got mine the morning of July 25, so it was a nice little sneak peek at the things to come. I'm actually really diggin' this animated line, especially the clones.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I got mine the morning of July 25, so it was a nice little sneak peek at the things to come. I'm actually really diggin' this animated line, especially the clones.Sneak peek? Like a catalogue? And yeah, I've liked the cartoony looks (this R2 is the best R2-D2 ever made, IMHO).

Mine didn't, It's just a clean version and has a different gun. The package does open into a 3D display, the regular version doesn't. I'd forgotten about the display. There's the difference then... if you keep it sealed.

Thunderbird
07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
You actually have to open the back for the display. I just 5 more in the mail today and opened one. I like the display, not as detailed as the older EU figures, but still very cool IMO.

TheRealDubya
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Just got a Rex delivered to my office. Very cool figure.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Haven't opened the figure yet, but interesting that when I find a Capt. Rex in the stores (only got it since it had the "1st day" sticker), I come home to find the mail-away jammed in my mailbox (I thought of Stan Lee with The Thing on The Simpsons). I'll wait until my second one arrives to open one of 'em. You get different guns and a cleaner armor, so I guess they are "different" figures after all. :rolleyes:

And yes, he does look old.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I suppose since it's mailed in a sealed box, Rex's card doesn't have as much tape and glued blisters on it (which made him easy to open). This is a great clone figure: kilt holsters hold the guns well, the "wear" look is great for the rifle/blaster, and his helmet fits well without looking goofy. Just an FYI, this card doesn't seem to fit inside a Star Case very well, at least without damaging the packaging. Worth the wait? I don't know about that, but it is a cool fig.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 03:44 AM
I got 2 of this figure, and to be honest, I don't remember ordering 2. The figure is alright, like all the animated clone bodies it's a little lanky and tall. I hate how the armor looks without its grime though, I saw the basic version today and it's a world of difference.

1 of the 2 I got was horribly mangled at the top of the box, the other only slightly mangled (whoopee?). I like that they didn't make the pop-up display cardback sealed on all sides, it's perforated at the top and then just a little tape on the sides. But ultimately, this is a "meh" set to me, came too late and is underwhelming.

jonthejedi
08-03-2008, 05:41 AM
This promotion was a joke...plain & simple. August, and nuthin' in my mailbox. Should have sent the card back. So much for a sneak-preview figure!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I got 2 of this figure, and to be honest, I don't remember ordering 2. The figure is alright, like all the animated clone bodies it's a little lanky and tall. I hate how the armor looks without its grime though, I saw the basic version today and it's a world of difference.

1 of the 2 I got was horribly mangled at the top of the box, the other only slightly mangled (whoopee?). I like that they didn't make the pop-up display cardback sealed on all sides, it's perforated at the top and then just a little tape on the sides. But ultimately, this is a "meh" set to me, came too late and is underwhelming.I preferred the clean one. Sad that "only slightly" disappointed is a preferred feeling. :rolleyes: If it had come out on time, it'd have been much better to me. I might have been more excited about the release, instead of "meh," too.

tagmac
08-03-2008, 07:20 PM
I got mine yesterday and was very disappointed. I thought for sure it was gonna be a "realistic-style" version of the figure, but instead the only difference between this and the one in stores is the cardback that opens up into a background scene. At least for me it's still a "different" figure, as I'm not collecting the cartoon figs, but it definitely was not what I was expecting.

JediTricks
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
The other difference is the larger weapons.

cookiemonster
08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I am glad I didnt send off for it, lets see if memory serves me right on this one - New Clone Wars Captain Rex just send of 4 proofs of purchase (so what theres like 27.96) and also send in 6.99 for a Free Figure (love to know how this figure was free), ok fair enough you may have wanted the other figures that you bought but how many of you were trying to get multiples of this figure.

Or you could have waited and paid 6.99 and not bothered wasting the time to get the figure, lol.:whip: