PDA

View Full Version : Making An Older (NJO) Han Solo from Indiana Jones (KotCS) figure

Tycho
05-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Today I saw the Indiana Jones figures for my first time. They're moderately interesting, but not superior in sculpt or likeness or anything. Actually, I'd describe them as "tolerable," and inferior. But the KotCS Indy is still recognizeable as Harrison Ford I guess (maybe because I know he's supposed to look that way?).

So would you put that head on a Star Wars body (and which one?) to make an older Han Solo?

Regarding Han in the days past Chewie's death, he's been illustrated on the few book covers as wearing all black. Off hand, I can't think of a body to slap the Jones head on to. Can any of you?

Would it look good popped on to one of the traditional Cantina Hans? It'd probably look decent, in my estimate. Han obviously likes dressing that way (white shirt, dark jacket or vest).

What Hasbro honestly might want to do though is make a new body for Han and use the older Harrison Ford head from the KotCS figure.

From NJO, we'd then have:

Luke (Jedi Evolutions)
Han (described here)
Leia (potentially the one from the Infinities Comic 2-pack w. Vader, and maybe add some gray to her hair)
Yuuzhan Vong (from the SW Tales 21 Comic 2-pack)
Kyle Katarn (from the SW Tales 21 Comic 2-pack)

Han and Leia would sort of be reaching, as one doesn't exist yet, and the other wasn't intended to be NJO.

In any event, then the best work towards more NJO figures could be done by single-carding a repaint of the Yuuzhan Vong so one can army-build, making Nom Anor, and the Supreme Overlord Shimra, and of course all 3 Solo kids and a Mara Skywalker Jedi. Other Jedi could follow, of course, as could an older Lando and his battle droids and so forth.

DarkArtist
05-04-2008, 06:58 PM
it's funny tycho i was thinking the same thing about using the KOTCS Indy's head on a VOTC Han Solo Body and seeing if it would work. as far as NJO images I was thinking that perhaps if you used the VOTC Han Cantina body and maybe the arms of the TAC Bespin Han or POTJ Han Bespin so that it looks like he is wearing a jacket instead of the vest.

Val Da Car
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
it's funny tycho i was thinking the same thing about using the KOTCS Indy's head on a VOTC Han Solo Body and seeing if it would work. as far as NJO images I was thinking that perhaps if you used the VOTC Han Cantina body and maybe the arms of the TAC Bespin Han or POTJ Han Bespin so that it looks like he is wearing a jacket instead of the vest.

I went after the Cate Blanchett character Irina Spalko. I see her working on the body of Juno Eclipse.

jedi master sal
05-21-2008, 08:35 AM
I went after the Cate Blanchett character Irina Spalko. I see her working on the body of Juno Eclipse.

That sounds so wrong on many levels, lol.

figrin bran
05-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I just tried KotCS Indy's head on VOTC Han and VTSC Han and unfortunately the neck posts are too large on the 2 Hans.

Tycho
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
What about TAC Wave 2 Gunner Station Han?

figrin bran
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
What about TAC Wave 2 Gunner Station Han?

I don't own that figure so I couldn't tell you.

Val Da Car
05-22-2008, 05:28 PM
That sounds so wrong on many levels, lol.

But it works oh so well...pics to come soon...as soon as the boy naps..

OC47150
06-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I just tried KotCS Indy's head on VOTC Han and VTSC Han and unfortunately the neck posts are too large on the 2 Hans.

Have you considered sanding the post down so it would fit? You'd lose some mobility with that, but I've had to do that with more figures. The ball joints are too big or the necks are too long.

figrin bran
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Have you considered sanding the post down so it would fit? You'd lose some mobility with that, but I've had to do that with more figures. The ball joints are too big or the necks are too long.

I can't really say that I considered it as it was more for Tycho's benefit that I tried this out. :D

OC47150
06-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I love that the heads on the newer figures easily pop off but the different size ball joints and necks drives me crazy.

I picked up a couple of loose ROTS Tarkins at a comic show yesterday, with plans of making generic Imp officers. The closet head that would fit on the Tarkin post, without any major changes, would be the clone trainee. And even then I might have to use a bit of glue.

I've also picked up a couple of extra A-wing pilots with plans to making a few more pilots, but again, the neck and ball joint are issues.

I do plan to make an older Han, but haven't gotten around to it.

Shatner's Basoon
06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Arrgh! please don't do it...! Speaking of someone desperate to find a VOTC Cantina Han...Loose or otherwise.....Hearing all this talk of head popping and torso re-arranging is making me go pale.....

If you have one to spare send it my way.......I'm sure we could sort something out......

DarkArtist
06-21-2008, 05:32 PM
found a pic of someone who has made a NJO family portrait of the Solo's using an KOTCS Indy head on a VOTC Han Body... the pic speaks for itself

Tycho
06-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow. Those customs are really bad!

If those are supposed to be the Solo kids, including Jaina and Anakin (far right), they have the wrong color lightsabers.

Meanwhile, Jacen does not have blonde hair, and Anakin never had red hair (he's of NO relation to Mara Jade of course!)

I don't know WHO the guy with the beard is supposed to be? Thracken Sal-Solo? He just does NOT need an action figure! (The character could only be cool in light of the Solo family history finally being documented back to Denn Solo and thus Thracken's lineage solidified (as well as Han's - and you know I want him to be a clone of his father's - Denn's son's clone).

Anyway, as to Han with the Indy head as a figure? It's hard to see from this picture if he is any good. The sculptwork for the Indy figure looks poor to begin with. The black jacket on Han is correct, but I would have gone with black pants as well. The bright blue does not look good at all! (those are probably the original Cantina Han trousers)

But someone can do better, I'm sure.

DarkArtist
06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow. Those customs are really bad!

If those are supposed to be the Solo kids, including Jaina and Anakin (far right), they have the wrong color lightsabers.

Meanwhile, Jacen does not have blonde hair, and Anakin never had red hair (he's of NO relation to Mara Jade of course!)

I don't know WHO the guy with the beard is supposed to be? Thracken Sal-Solo? He just does NOT need an action figure! (The character could only be cool in light of the Solo family history finally being documented back to Denn Solo and thus Thracken's lineage solidified (as well as Han's - and you know I want him to be a clone of his father's - Denn's son's clone).

Anyway, as to Han with the Indy head as a figure? It's hard to see from this picture if he is any good. The sculptwork for the Indy figure looks poor to begin with. The black jacket on Han is correct, but I would have gone with black pants as well. The bright blue does not look good at all! (those are probably the original Cantina Han trousers)

But someone can do better, I'm sure.

the pic is of Han Solo, Thracken Sal Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Luke Skywalker and Ben Skywalker. I know I mentioned it as the Solo family but it was a typo, it's was supposed to be the characters mentioned above.

sorry for the confusion everyone.

DarkArtist
06-22-2008, 07:22 PM
found another pic of just the Solo kids... not bad sculpts. also found another pic of just Jaina Solo. both pics found on EBAY

Tycho
06-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Those shots of figures look better. Still, original headsculpts, non-altered, would look best.

What'd they use, AOTC Pilot Padme's body for Jaina in the first pic?

It doesn't look bad.

Tycho
08-09-2008, 02:45 AM
So I bought the Crystal Skull Jones today and the new Legacy Sandstorm Han. The peg sizes don't match.

I wonder if the VOTC Han would work (for taking the Indy head on his shoulders)?

I may just return these. Not sure. I felt compelled to just "buy something" today. Foolish of me.

But I want a NJO Han Solo in his 50's. :rolleyes:

He really should be wearing all black though. But he didn't at the very beginning of the series, before Chewie died.

Still, that's 30 years after ANH and the guy hasn't figured out how to wear anything besides a white shirt and dark vest or jacket? I don't think Leia loves him for his sense of fashion.

OC47150
08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Still, that's 30 years after ANH and the guy hasn't figured out how to wear anything besides a white shirt and dark vest or jacket? I don't think Leia loves him for his sense of fashion.

No one ever said Han was a slave to fashion. He walks to the beat of his own drummer.