PDA

View Full Version : JEDI vs. ALIENS

stillakid
05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Not sure if this idea has ever been tossed around, but after seeing ALIENS again the other night, I wondered if there have been any comic books or EU that explore the possibilities of JEDI going up against ALIENS.

:ninja:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Not sure if this idea has ever been tossed around, but after seeing ALIENS again the other night, I wondered if there have been any comic books or EU that explore the possibilities of JEDI going up against ALIENS.

:ninja:

weird...I just watched ALIENS night before last too and ALIEN last night.

2-1B
05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Ephant Mon would pwn the Aliens.

stillakid
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Ephant Mon would pwn the Aliens.

I've always wanted pwn somebody.

preacher
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The muti comic, multigenerational crossover comic event called "Vector" is more or less an alien outbreak story along the same vein as Alien. So far it isn't very impressive.

stillakid
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
The muti comic, multigenerational crossover comic event called "Vector" is more or less an alien outbreak story along the same vein as Alien. So far it isn't very impressive.

I read words but didn't understand the message. :confused: Please elaborate.

JediTricks
05-09-2008, 05:13 AM
I've always wanted pwn somebody.
Wouldn't that be essentially white slavery?

preacher
05-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Vector is a story arc that Dark Horse Comics has come up with for the Star Wars EU. Its unique to other story arcs they've done in the past because it impacts four different comic books (Kinda like the way the Marvel Civil War story was told a year ago). there is one difference: Vector takes place during Knights of the Old Republic, Order 66, New Republic, and Legacy eras. The third issue of Vector takes place in Knights of the Old Republic. Supposedly the events during that time frame will have far-reaching effects during Order 66. On the face of it it sounds interesting except it would appear that the story arcs central "threat" is some sort of plague that mutates people into monsters. When I read it, what immediately popped to mind was the movie 28 days later. Typical outbreak formula. Sadly Vector is so far following all the usual plot devices from an outbreak story. Not much originality up to this point.

I think the comparison with Vector do an Alien crossover is valid because there are a lot of similarities.

Sorry for my jumbled explanation before.

El Chuxter
05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
That's what Vector is?

Wow. It's even dumber than I'd thought.

stillakid
05-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't that be essentially white slavery?

Not sure. I have to figure out what "pwn" means first.

2-1B
05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
If you ever do, let me know cuz I don't know either !

LTBasker
05-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Pwn - Higher meaning of the term "own" (meaning to win). Pwn means to achieve a victory against your antagonist in a glorious, spectacular, clever, awe-inspiring and/or humiliating manner.

Anyhoo, as far as I know there has never been a pitting of Aliens vs. Jedi, though theres Aliens vs. Predator (obviously), vs. Judge Dredd, vs. Batman, and vs. other various things I believe. It would be quite an impressive fight, and makes me wonder if an alien would achieve force ability by bursting from a Jedi?

stillakid
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
makes me wonder if an alien would achieve force ability by bursting from a Jedi?

Ooooh, wow! Cool idea. You've introduced a whole new level that I hadn't even thought about before. Hmmmmmm........

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Not sure. I have to figure out what "pwn" means first.
"pawn" is how it should be taken, despite the foolish young people who use the meme version as "own".