PDA

View Full Version : To Crease or Not To Crease, that is the question

SithDroid
02-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Does anyone here ever worry about how the cashier at the checkout is going to handle your SW figures when you bring them up to the counter?

I for one try to choose the best possible card, (for collecting reasons), and am always scared that the cashier is going to grab it and mangle it up. I only really started getting paranoid about this when one time I spent about 20 minutes going through a huge amount of SW figures at TRU (remember when you could actually find a SW section at TRU), and took my figures to the counter. The lady then, not assuming that I am a collector, hello lady I'm in my twenties and I'm buying SW figures, who are they for my children?, yeah right take a look at my babyface, she grabbed them by the top and put a large crease right on the card. Luckily I only bought one set, so these were the ones I eventually opened and got better ones on the card later to replace these. But until this day I always cringe when I see them grabbing my figures. Sometimes I just want to say, "here let me scan that for you." Does anyone else ever worry about this, or is it just me?

boss nass
02-14-2002, 11:10 PM
your not alone i too feel this way i hate it when they just throw it in a bag to get mangled or if they try putting the figures in the same bag as other items. I allways have them put the figures in a seperate bag :frus:

GNT
02-15-2002, 01:27 AM
I always scan the figures myself,they have no problem with it,try it on your next visit :)

evenflow
02-15-2002, 06:27 AM
I used to worry, but now they know me so well at Toys R' Us they take extra care with the figures. Very pathetic sounding, but yes they know me at the stores.

Turbowars
02-23-2002, 08:03 PM
I really thought I was the only one, it almost like a obessive-compulsive thing, anyways if the cashier has a hand held scanner I hold the figures in my hands with the bar code facing them and I bag them myself. If they have to scan it on the counter I tell them to be careful and not to bend the cards. I don't care if they think I'm crazy, it's my money. :crazed:

jw_bryant
02-24-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
I don't care if they think I'm crazy, it's my money. :crazed:
exactly. if they dont likt it, dont buy your figures there. simple as that. : |

2-1B
02-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Today I decided to overpay at Target for the Amanaman, and I worried about this same issue while taking him to the register. It's been my experience that when handing carded figures to the cashier instead of letting them touch the conveyor belt, he or she gets the idea that I am being careful. :)

Beast
02-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Today I decided to overpay at Target for the Amanaman, and I worried about this same issue while taking him to the register. It's been my experience that when handing carded figures to the cashier instead of letting them touch the conveyor belt, he or she gets the idea that I am being careful. :)
Sorry to hear that you had to pay 16.99 for Amanaman Ceaser. That really sucks, but it is a nice figure...regardless. Yeah, I will often physically hand them the figures as well. Since I've seen the condition of some of those conveyor belts. Ewwww. I've never had to much trouble with the people at the register with action figures, now DVD's are another story. Think they could slam the cases against that de-magnitizing strip a few more times. :( :frus:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-24-2002, 01:14 AM
I paid 15.99, now I feel like I got a deal! :crazed:

Oh, the horror of those conveyor belts :cry: The worst experience I had was a time when the top half of the card was clinched all the way up to the blister, only to have the belt keep chuggin' along underneath.

Obi-Don
02-24-2002, 06:02 AM
I guess this would be a problem for those who keeps thier figures carded. But, for me I always open mine so I don't worry as much. I don't see no problem in telling the casher to handle with care. It is your money.

SithDroid
02-24-2002, 02:54 PM
I've never had to much trouble with the people at the register with action figures, now DVD's are another story. Think they could slam the cases against that de-magnitizing strip a few more times.

I agree JJB. I worked in a viedo store for 4 years and I always made sure that when I demagnetized the strip inside the DVD that I did it with care. What makes me super angry is when they start to demagnetize it and then leave it on the magetic strip while they take your cash. Don't some of these stupid imbeciles know that those magnets can destroy what is on the VHS and DVD's? I swear, sometimes I just want to demagnetize it myself. Why do they hire these :crazed: people?

LTBasker
02-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Cause they come in swarms. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2002, 04:28 PM
One time at a TRU, I bought 4 figures at one time, and the cashier was carefully putting each one into its own bag. I was shocked (in a good way), but told her one bag was enough. So there are nice workers out there. Be nice and politely ask them to please be careful with them, and as long as you don't sound sarcastic or pushy, I think most employees would do it.

Beast
02-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
One time at a TRU, I bought 4 figures at one time, and the cashier was carefully putting each one into its own bag. I was shocked (in a good way), but told her one bag was enough. So there are nice workers out there. Be nice and politely ask them to please be careful with them, and as long as you don't sound sarcastic or pushy, I think most employees would do it.
Yeah, most of them are really good about it. Since most realize that collector's don't want their cards all mashed up after taking all the time back at the rack to pick out perfect cards and figure paintjobs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jw_bryant
02-24-2002, 05:02 PM
magnets wont harm CD's or DVD's, but they sure will harm VHS's.