PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives

Darth Cruel
05-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know what all of the Exlusive 3 3/4" figures from Hasbro will be and if there are going to be pre-orders for them?

I know that one is the Darth Vader with Holographic Sidious. Is that SWS', or Hasbro's?

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 01:46 AM
I think that's Hasbro's but I could be wrong. They also have a Gree Mighty Muggs.

Blue2th
05-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Usually they go on sale during SDCC online at either HTS or SW Shop. I'll be keeping my eyes open at both. That's how I got mine last year. It would be good to know where and who is carrying what.

Other than the Vader which I want to get, I'd also like to know which GI Joe 25th Ann. figure will be.
Last year's was a pretty cool Pimp Daddy Destro.

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 02:59 AM
The GI Joe figure is going to be this Cobra Commander figure (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/GIJoe/08_SDCC/SDCC08__scaled_600.jpg)

Blue2th
05-08-2008, 03:30 AM
The GI Joe figure is going to be this Cobra Commander figure (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/GIJoe/08_SDCC/SDCC08__scaled_600.jpg)
Thanks figrin :thumbsup:
Well, that doesn't look as exciting as last year, but it sure fits a theme this (election) year. "Vote for me Cobra"

Darth Cruel
05-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I would not mind if everyone steered clear of having 3 3/4" action figures for exclusives this year. I am really burnt out on going after them.

But figure the odds. At least they are getting easier to get. And they are a lot cheaper if you wait.

Darth Cruel
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I think that's Hasbro's but I could be wrong. They also have a Gree Mighty Muggs.

I think you are correct. And this is why:

In this week's Q-n-A, The Hasbro Rep mentions a basic-carded "Stormtrooper Commander" (possibly the Stormtrooper with the blue deco that pics circulated of some time ago). And they mentioned that it's release is being controlled by Lucasfilm. So I am guessing that to be the SDCC exclusive from starwarsshop.com.

Sinscia Fat'o
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Pimp Daddy Destro was awesome last year, as it was the coolest exclusive from hasbro in my opinion. Even though i really liked the Luke Concept as well. The Storm Trooper shouldn't be a exclusive as it should be mass retail because it's a bloody storm trooper...exclusives should be rare collector figures not something that would actually sell. Any word on IJ Comic con exclusives?

Darth Cruel
05-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Pimp Daddy Destro was awesome last year, as it was the coolest exclusive from hasbro in my opinion. Even though i really liked the Luke Concept as well. The Storm Trooper shouldn't be a exclusive as it should be mass retail because it's a bloody storm trooper...exclusives should be rare collector figures not something that would actually sell. Any word on IJ Comic con exclusives?

It's not my fault. If Hasbro is telling the truth about Lucasfilm having the distribution on that figure, I can only guess that it will be an exclusive. Either for the Con or starwarsshop.com.

What is "IJ"?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2008, 07:41 PM
IJ = Indiana Jones

I thought the Stormtrooper Commander might be more along the lines of a pre-order type thing, like the Battlefront Biker Scout was a few years ago, but I don't really know.

Darth Cruel
05-16-2008, 02:10 PM
IJ = Indiana Jones

I thought the Stormtrooper Commander might be more along the lines of a pre-order type thing, like the Battlefront Biker Scout was a few years ago, but I don't really know.

Could be. That still leaves me wondering what the sws exc. will be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Here is a boxed picture. (http://www.yakface.com/2008/Disturbance.jpg) That's cool, but extremely out-of-scale.

El Chuxter
06-06-2008, 10:38 PM
The head should be, what, three times that size?

Blue2th
06-07-2008, 12:50 AM
There is dialog, but does the holo Emperor light up also?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-07-2008, 01:47 AM
There is dialog, but does the holo Emperor light up also?
I don't think it does. The only electronic aspect seems to be Vader's base with the sounds.

Blue2th
06-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't think it does. The only electronic aspect seems to be Vader's base with the sounds.

I suppose that's ok, but it would have been cool. He is up in the air in ESB so I guess it would be kind of hard to do. Still he's transparent so he's going to gather some light.
I do have a couple extra of those Target Star Trek transporter series bases that light up that I used for the older holo figures.

Vader looks like he's going "da-da" in the package with his arms outstreched.

JediTricks
06-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I think this looks pretty meh. The Vader is in a goofy pose, and above the hologram, and his base is very thick. Gonna be hard to get excited over this one now.

Kidhuman
06-09-2008, 06:42 AM
JT can you hook me up with the Doctor Who exclusives?

JediTricks
06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't know what the limit on them is, PM me and we'll discuss it further.

Darth Cruel
06-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't know what the limit on them is, PM me and we'll discuss it further.

JT - If you take any pics of me THIS year, at least say hi. You get a pass for last year. I figure you didn't know my face.:D

bkh0501
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
JT - If you take any pics of me THIS year, at least say hi. You get a pass for last year. I figure you didn't know my face.:D

From your signature, it made me think that it's better to be like a slot machine.

JediTricks
06-28-2008, 07:05 PM
JT - If you take any pics of me THIS year, at least say hi. You get a pass for last year. I figure you didn't know my face.:DYeah, I think that is a good excuse, ya know? ;) When did I take your pic last year? It couldn't have been at SDCC, I didn't take any pics, it was insane there, and by Friday I didn't even know MY face. :crazed:

Darth Cruel
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I think that is a good excuse, ya know? ;) When did I take your pic last year? It couldn't have been at SDCC, I didn't take any pics, it was insane there, and by Friday I didn't even know MY face. :crazed:

LOL...Actually, I think it was celebration. You got me from behind taking a picture of 2 fans. They were an adult dressed as a Rebel Fleet Trooper and a child dressed as a Stormtrooper.

JediTricks
07-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Oh, you were on that busy corner outside in the morning, probably. Haw! Not the only person that happened with, actually!

obi-dad
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
LOL...Actually, I think it was celebration. You got me from behind.

You guys should take this to PM's instead of this thread. :D

Darth Cruel
07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
You guys should take this to PM's instead of this thread. :D

Oh, crap! I meant to change the title of the thread to "San Diego Comic Con Exclusives or talk of getting pictures taken of you by SSG staff at conventions". Mods, can you take care of that for me?:D

Has anyone seen any pics of the Thire exclusive? I am curious as to whether it is from the cartoon or EIII.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, crap! I meant to change the title of the thread to "San Diego Comic Con Exclusives or talk of getting pictures taken of you by SSG staff at conventions". Mods, can you take care of that for me?:D

Has anyone seen any pics of the Thire exclusive? I am curious as to whether it is from the cartoon or EIII.
Well, there's this Senate Security Clone Trooper (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1214338854,96884,), which as you can see is animated-style.

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I was looking at the list of HTS exclusives on the Comic-Con website (http://comic-con.org/cci/cci08_actionfigs_2.php#tag_hasbro) today, and it struck me that this was a lot of "junk" rather than the cohesive quality that last year's exclusives enjoyed. I'm not blaming Mighty Muggs for this, but I suspect that line has made someone in exclusives development a little lazy and it carried through to everything.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, there's this Senate Security Clone Trooper (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1214338854,96884,), which as you can see is animated-style.

That is likely it.

officialpix.com is calling it Commander Thire. They are giving them out at the breakfast on Friday of the Con. I am sure that is the one they meant.

I can happily do without this piece. I am not a fan of the animation they are using for this cartoon.

Blue2th
07-03-2008, 02:26 AM
I was looking at the list of HTS exclusives on the Comic-Con website (http://comic-con.org/cci/cci08_actionfigs_2.php#tag_hasbro) today, and it struck me that this was a lot of "junk" rather than the cohesive quality that last year's exclusives enjoyed. I'm not blaming Mighty Muggs for this, but I suspect that line has made someone in exclusives development a little lazy and it carried through to everything.
Looking at all this stuff, there is not a whole lot I'm interested in.

The HTS stuff: GI Joe Cobra, maybe Vader and Holo head, that's it.

None of the other non Hasbro stuff is even interesting to me, except Aayla which I ordered. Maybe the Cylon, though he's probably way over-priced, like the one I got two years ago.

JediTricks
07-03-2008, 04:52 AM
The "Frakkin' Toaster" toaster (http://comic-con.org/cci/cci08_actionfigs_3.php#tag_nbcuni)is funny as hell, if I could afford another $70 I'd totally buy it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't like how Vader's base is connected to the Emperor, that's weak.

jedi master sal
07-04-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't like how Vader's base is connected to the Emperor, that's weak.

Yeah exactly. There's a rectanglular (or should we say WRECKtangular) notch about 2 inches wide at the front bottom of the Emperor where the base fits in.

Hello HASBRO!!! Have you even SEEN this scene?? The Emperor is HIGHER up the Vader. You didn't need to make such an obvious NOTCH, in the front no less. It could just as easily sat on the base without having to be attached. Chances are it's going to sit on our shelves anyway. It's not like it needed to be secured in place.

Gawd, I was a little excited to buy this before, knowing that I'd lift the Emperor holo higher to better reflect the scene. But now seeing that notch just kills this for me.

Man I hope GG makes a holo Emperor bust. That's the only way I'm recreating the scene. AND GG's will be bigger and more in scale with the figure...

I'm not getting suckered into this one just because it's a SDCC exclusive.

Very disappointing Hasbro.

obi-dad
07-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I've seen an image of just the Emperror (and no notch). Possibly, they have a separte piece to "plug" in when not on the base? That would be better, but being that it's "holographic", then the seems would have to be obvious. I definitely will have to see more images before buying. I could have lived with the size issue (it's how you use it), but if there really is the big notch out of it with no way around it, then I'm passing too.

JediTricks
07-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't like how Vader's base is connected to the Emperor, that's weak.TOTALLY agree. What the hell, Vader's looking DOWN at the hologram? Bad bad bad!

Yeah, that huge notch is right under the hands, no way to fix that: http://comic-con.org/cci/cci08_actionfigs_2.php#tag_hasbro

General_Grievous
07-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know when the Disturbance in the Force set goes on sale at HasbroToyShop.com?

General_Grievous
07-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Anyone?.....Bueller?.....Bueller?

EDIT: Never mind. I got the answer through the Hasbro slideshow panel. It goes online 7/28.

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I bought a total of 2 Lobos, 3 King Greyskulls, 1 Ninth Doctor Who, 2 Timecrash Doctor Who sets, 1 Locker Room Hellboy, 2 black-suited Cobra Commanders, 1 blue-suited Cobra Commander, and 4 Snake Eyes/Timbers.

How much of that was for me? Just one Cobra Commander, one Snake Eyes/Timber, and one Lobo.

Man, am I a sucker. :)

figrin bran
07-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Chux, Lobo is available on Mattycollector.com (Mattel's new and long, long overdue online sales site) right now for $25. :p

Maybe I should give you my shopping list next year? haha.

El Chuxter
07-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Mattel's booth only took me about ten minutes total, including the time taken to go upstairs and get a ticket. One of the Greyskulls was for a friend who got the bronze variant and didn't want it, and the other two (and other Lobo) were for people at the booth who just didn't want to walk upstairs and come back down. Even with the poorly communicated change to a ticket system on Saturday, their act was far more together than Hasbro's.

Besides, it's the Main Man. I wasn't about to risk not getting that bastich--especially when he comes with Dawg! :)

Tycho
07-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Hasbro's SW Team gave me a T-shirt celebrating the BMF Falcon.

It says on the front: "In Space: Size DOES Matter!"

On the back is a picture of the silhouette of the Millennium Falcon and it says "MF 2008."

I saw another version of the shirt that said "My Millennium Falcon is bigger than yours." That's what I thought I got until I unfolded my shirt today.

I don't know how many variations Hasbro had printed up. Mine is a gray shirt. The "bigger than yours" one I saw at the Con was black.

DarkArtist
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
placed my order for the "Disturbance in the Force" set. can't wait to get it. been looking forward to seeing up close since the first photos were leaked

swabie2424
07-30-2008, 03:49 AM
Hey... do any of you guys want free SDCC Hasbro exclusives?

Then stop by GalacticBinder.com and enter!

We're giving away a Gree Mighty Mugg and a Disturbance in the Force set. You can enter once per day as usual. While others "flip" we just keep giving stuff away.....

http://www.galacticbinder.com

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I got the "My Millennium Falcon is bigger than yours" shirt directly from Hasbro's hand, which was awesome. It's white though.

Picked up 2 GI Joe Snake Eyes & Timber, 1 Disturbance in the Force, 1 Nemesis Prime, 2 Hellboy II Hellboy, 1 blue-suit Cobra Commander, the SDCC-exclusive poster (http://drmcninja.com/news.html) of Dr McNinja vs Dracula (signed by Dr McHastings himself!), and with my very last $3, the SDCC-exclusive variant of Go-Go Changeformers signed by artist/co-creator Aaron Farmer (I really didn't expect anything but a comic for a $3 purchase, so I was stunned when he signed it... twice due to his wonky first pen).

1 of those SE/Timber sets, Nem Prime, 1 of the Hellboy figs, and blue-suit CC were for friends - in fact, CC was a lucky accident, the line for HTS was a disaster due to them letting exhibitors in when doors opened, and I got bumped. A friend picked up my wares for me, but just as he was about to check out I ran into Deoxy and Turbo, who wanted CC. My friend didn't get the message in time, but he somehow thought I wrote CC on my list (not at all) and bought it, so it went to Deoxy who really wanted it (Turbo only sorta wanted it).

SE/Timber, Hellboy, and Disturbance of the Force were all impulse buys largely based on their inexpensive nature.

I hit the Mattel booth on Saturday and Sunday, both times easily strolling in and able to buy whatever the hell I wanted, they had pretty much everything, but the pricing on Lobo and King Ripoff were just infuriating. Actually, it was the news that the MOTU line entirely would be $20 that just pushed me over the edge, Grayskull's packaging at least turned into the castle and had lights and voice, but $30 for something I wasn't sure I wanted was too much.

I also ended up passing on the Dr Who wares as I was low on funds and unimpressed with what they had (luckily, Chux had picked up a set for someone who asked me to get 'em for him, so I was at least able to keep the $50 that would have cost me - I dropped $60 on parking that show so that recouped that).