PDA

View Full Version : Titaniums Cancelled?

Jangu Fett
05-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know what's going on? Are the Titaniums cancelled or what??? Both Target and WM are no longer carrying them and it looks like EE has cancelled the pre-order of wave 5. I thought Hasbro has said that a number of new ships were being released later this year??? If this was true, why would both Targets and WMs stop carrying them??? I think, this is something we need to ask hasbro at the next Q&A.

joshephe
05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
the indiana jones ones are still up and now have pictures. Also it is 2008 wave 4 that has gone missing not wave 5.

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't think the line is being discontinued, just the current SKU's/DCPI's are being discontinued. The Titanium line is supposed to get new numbers when all the Clone Wars toys are launched. It's the same situation for all of the other SW lines - basic figs, Galactic Heroes, etc.

Darth Duranium
05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm with josh and figrin on this one... I think they've pushed back Wave 4 and released the horrendous TCW repaint wave (and the Indys) instead.

It stands to reason, considering that the TCW theatrical release is coming up earlier than September (its original TV date) and the fact that we've seen a few Singapore and HK auctions of that TCW wave... no auction pics whatsoever of wave 4.

On the other hand, the TS have been gettin' mighty sparse at the mega-retailers lately... not a good sign at all. Some dudes at RS are just freakin' out! I can understand why...

I can't remember Hasbro cancelling a whole non-revision wave before either... and they'd be the last to let us know if TS was going extinct.

Meh. Back to the first hand: It seems that all SW lines are shrinking, shelfspace-wise. And I think that the TS line's doing ok... almost every time I buy a new wave at my Brick and Mortar store, the clerks tell me that the TS are "just flying off the shelves". New waves are usually gone in 2 days.

Frakk... I want that Basestar a.s.a.m.f.p!

Hey Jangu... if you ask Hasbro about this, be sure to ask them about some specific ship names if the line's not cancelled... might get an answer.

mtriv73
05-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Wave 4 isn't due out until June and several other online toys stores still have it available for pre-order (BBTS for one.) Maybe EE sold through what they had ordered and just took it off their website? As far as WM and Target go, we're overrun with wave 3 the last couple of weeks here at both places (TRU still has the last wave from last year coming in at an alarming rate.) I think the price increase is slowing down the speed they're moving (plus I really don't want any more repaints and I think many others feel the same way.)

joshephe
05-09-2008, 10:00 AM
the last two times i have bought titanium ships from a target their upc has not been found on record and the cashier had to type in the price.

Blue2th
05-09-2008, 01:43 PM
The Baron Fell TIE etc. wave has been hitting here everywhere. I did notice that EE doesn't have any future waves for pr-eorder. Hasbro better not cancel that BSG Basestar :(
Likely the SW will make room for the Indy Titaniums, and let's not forget there are Iron Man Titaniums also. You know how the retailers like to mix them all up.

Jangu Fett
05-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh, ok. That a relief, Iwas getting a bit worried. Thank for the info.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
the last two times i have bought titanium ships from a target their upc has not been found on record and the cashier had to type in the price.

the same thing happened to me, I tell them they are 4.99 because I dont want to pay an increase.

mtriv73
05-09-2008, 02:52 PM
the same thing happened to me, I tell them they are 4.99 because I dont want to pay an increase.

That's fantastic! I wish that worked up here.

Kidhuman
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Well you know how big C-Burg is and they know me for years there, so they take my word on everythng Star Wars. I know about ***** before they do most of the time

El Chuxter
05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
They did cancel the larger Transformers Titaniums, but are bringing two of the cancelled ones back as TRU exclusives (War Within Grimlock and Prowl). I'm not sure of the situation with the other Titanium lines.

Warstar
05-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Honestly I think the Titaniums are in trouble...

2 out of the 3 Wal-Marts I frequent in different parts of Montana have removed them from the shelves all together, and there's no space for the Indiana Jones ones, either! Both stores left their plan-o-grams up (with crudely drawn "DONE" scrawled on them) and even the master layouts have NO Titaniums at all.

The one Wal-Mart that still has them flexed them out- and there's STILL A BSG Colonial One sitting there with the Patrol Debacks and Grievous Starfighters...

Let's face it: we knew this would happen at some point. While Titaniums might fly off the shelves in some parts of the world they are- or were, rather- clogging pegs here and there.

I found ships from 2008 Wave 3 twice and I snagged them- I have yet to get or even see Amidala's new Starship and the T-16 from the wave.

I see that Wave 4 did get dropped from EE- anyone nab a pic of it before it was gone? Something tells me Prototypes will pop on Ebay soon enough.

Someone really needs to ask Hasbro what's up. And also ask about the price inscrease and lack of sales combination.

Darth Duranium
05-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's the rub, Warstar. The place where I buy them ("flying off the shelves") has cornered the market here cuz the major retailers (TRU, WM etc) have basically stopped stocking the new ones.

In this city of millions where I live, there's only a handful of places that even sell the new waves... this probably does not bode well for the TS. Here, anyway.

Toyfare might have been a death knell...

Damn... I hope they're freakin' wrong about cancellation... I love this line!

Hasbro's last word on the subject again:

In Fall, we will be doing a Clone-Wars inspired redeco wave for the 7/26 Clone Wars brand reset. After that, Titanium will have some exciting new vehicles, a total of twelve all new tools for the Fall including the Cloud Car, and some other surprises we will reveal at Comic Con. Going forward, we are determined to keep Titanium vibrant and exciting, with new tools drawn from movies as well as Expanded Universe.

I mean, check out this thread from RS! They look ready to roll to me... revised Wave 4?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3155491&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3155491

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 05:00 AM
I added the question to our Q&A voting thread, but to be honest, I think this is more about paranoia than rumors. There's an SKU change coming for every other SW line, I believe, so if this one has it too then that'd explain that. And the line is moving ok here in LA, every chain has 'em including a few of the new wave, and they move.

Darth Duranium
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh frack... I already posted the question yesterday, JT.

Oh frack, I've been rewritten. Curious. Well, I don't mind so long as we reach critical mass and it's answered! Or someone will spot something out there... maybe even in L.A. ("Home of the Bodybag" - Ice T). Wesside!

Glad they're selling well in other parts of da woild.

Further possibly relevant info from the Q&A:

Knowing that a major changeover was coming, and rather than chancing poor distribution that would frustrate collectors, we decided to delay the new toys that would have been hitting in/from May and beyond (including basic figures, comic packs, and battle packs) and slotted them into the Fall, making the Spring a little lighter, but making Fall even richer.

Hilarious Marketing 101 double-talk lingo from the genius minds of Hasbro. Methinks that it probably applies to Titanium wave 4, too.

Think I'll go take a crap and make my toilet even richer...

HEY FOLKS... VOTE FOR QUESTION 20 AND WE'LL GET THIS SUCKA ANSWERED!

Warstar
05-15-2008, 06:32 PM
I voted for Question 20- and yeah, I am paranoid. Hasbro's been known to cancel lines on a whim (Ultra's, anyone?) and then the last waves of those lines are tougher than hec to get (last wave of the 30th Anniversary Figures like the McQuarrie Rebel Soldier WITH COIN anyone?)

On the upside, I found 2 T-16's and a Naboo Cruiser at my local Target yesterday- so I have at least one of each new ship in 2008 Wave 3. PHEW!

On the downside, I am a package variant collector- and judging by all those photos from that Hong Kong seller that had stuff up on Ebay, it almost looks like Hasbro can't make up their minds what package design they want for those ships (which are probably 2008 Wave 5 or 6). I am also not looking forward to repacks...grr.

So yeah- some re-assurances about the Titaniums continuing will be nice.

By the Fall, more shelf space should open up anyway- the Spiderman Figures will probably be gone, along with Hulk and Iron Man. Depending how well Indiana Jones does (the figures are CLOGGING pegs out here), they might be gone too (though I kinda like some of them :-P)

Of course Clone Wars figures will be on the pegs by then, and I am sure the 3 3/4 line will be sized down significantly...

Hopefully the Titaniums won't go away (I'd like to see another 5-pack personally :-P)

Here's to hoping.:lipsrsealed:

Darth Duranium
05-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Yup, Warstar... all bets are off but it is reassuring to see some new product out there... shame it's only in Asia so far.

Glad you got the rest of wave 3... the Cruiser's pretty kewl, eh?

Here's a pic of Mystery Phantom Wave 4 for ya, as requested.

Looks like your next (last?) list will need major revisions! Titaniums usually come in US English-only packaging here but some are released in Tri-lingual packs... especially in Quebec. Damnable Frenchies! I rip 'em to shreds so I can't remember which goes with which.

The new white logo packaging looks pretty awful, methinks. Can't decide on a consistant design, I guess.

I'll keep an eye out for that McQuarrie figure for you... it sounds like you're in need.

Gotta go play GTA IV now to deal with my frustrations...

cloneemperor
05-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, I was talking to one of the managers at Chinook Hobby West in Calgary, Alberta today, and he told me that they had received an email from Hasbro informing them that the Titanium Series line had been canceled. He implied that it was the entire line, but the only ones he specifically mentioned were the Star Wars line and the Battlestar Galactica line. That sucks for me, cause now I have to go to eBay for 6 of the 7 that I still want. Number 7 was in the above stated mystery wave 4.

sergiurusu
05-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Hasbro now it's the moment: bring back Action Fleet and MicroMachines!! :thumbsup:

Blue2th
05-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Well, I was talking to one of the managers at Chinook Hobby West in Calgary, Alberta today, and he told me that they had received an email from Hasbro informing them that the Titanium Series line had been canceled. He implied that it was the entire line, but the only ones he specifically mentioned were the Star Wars line and the Battlestar Galactica line. That sucks for me, cause now I have to go to eBay for 6 of the 7 that I still want. Number 7 was in the above stated mystery wave 4.
Maybe they were talking about them being cancelled in the current packaging. According to Galactic Hunter's Q&A they are getting a new package.

Galactic Hunter: Can you give us a full rundown of what we can expect on July 26 So we loons can have an idea of how much scratch we will need that night? --From JediCrippler

HASBRO: It IS going to be a big day for Star Wars collectors! On 7/26, everything (with very few exceptions) in the new white and blue Clone Wars inspired line look will be available for sale for the first time. This includes everything from the all-new Clone Wars and Legacy/Droid Factory basic figures to the new Starfighter vehicles (V-19 and Spider Droid), Evolutions, and Battle Packs, all the way up to the Clone Helmet, new Ultimate Lightsaber, and AT-TE and Millenium Falcon. In addition, the "continuing" assortments like role play lightsabers and blasters, Saga Legends, Galactic Heroes, and Titanium will have new packaging and some will have new items to go with the carry forwards in new packaging (this is where MOC or MIB collectors will feel the pinch....we apologize in advance, but doing repacks is a necessity in our ongoing assortments). Some of the continuing assortments like comic packs, Star Wars Transformers Crossovers, and Unleashed 2" are trailing behind in the transition to the new packaging look. These will likely phase into the planograms a couple weeks later, although we are doing everything we can to get them there on 7/26. Finally, on 7/26, there will be a number of exclusives...details of which will be revealed as we get closer to the date. Whew!

Darth Duranium
05-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Sure wish the peeps had voted for "our" question about the cancellation of the whole TS line but noooooo! We get the usual assortment of: Will the 3 3/4" Ephont Man come with a blue jockstrap or a turquoise one? type of questions.

Yeah, I know the figs have been popular for 30 years but do they have to dominate every single frickin' Q&A?

What's the point of voting when the figs win out 99% of the time? So screw it, as far as I'm concerned. Not going to bother again.

With the death of AF and now possibly TS, there may be no reason to ask anything at all soon.

Back to the debate:

To further stoke the confusion, Hasbro sorta responded to a TS question in the last Q&A:

Dear Hasbro,
In the Titanium Series line, so far you've made the Attack of the Clones (AotC) Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring, and a normal Revenge of the Sith (RotS) Jedi Starfighter. In an upcoming wave we see that there will be a new RotS Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring, so are there any plans to make a larger AotC Jedi Starfighter, perhaps with added features such as landing gear?
Regards
Darth Windu

HASBRO REPLY:

That is an interesting suggestion and we'll pass it onto our team. We are always looking for ways to make the Titanium vehicles a new and better experience, especially for those "core" vehicles like Starfighters.
Thanks!

Why didn't the wingnut ask where the freakin' wave with the ROTS JSF went to? Duh. Hasbro didn't volunteer any useful info at all...

Blue2th
05-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm with ya DT. Though I like the figures too, I voted for your question.

Oh well. With limited space available now (do to a relative moving in) I only display my SW, BSG, Titaniums and some Action Fleet, along with many Furuta, and JL Star Trek.

I'm going to pull out more AF and display those at least.

I really don't think they will cancel or cut back the Titaniums (hope) but who knows what the future holds? Plans change.

JediTricks
05-27-2008, 04:27 AM
It already has 3 votes, that's a pretty good momentum (and I haven't even voted yet), so it's just about priorities. I honestly don't think the line is getting canned though, so it's not surprising that most folks don't think it is either - they don't put stock in a rumor they haven't heard.

BTW, last round's questions were some of the most solid we've ever sent in.

Darth Duranium
05-28-2008, 02:20 AM
3 votes is momentum? Hmmmm. Small gene pool.

No JT, my beef is not really with the SSG questions per se... it's just that 50+ 3-3/4" figure questions are asked every month by all the sites... what else could fig collectors possibly need to know? In general, the questions get pretty esoteric and nerdlish...

Then again, Darth Windu's TS question is totally lame... like we need more freakin' JSFs?

The SW figs are kewl (but grossly overpriced IMHO)... though I recently picked up the huge Octupurra Droid-like fig cuz it's great for AF scale.

That new Falcon rocks, too. Shame about the scary price.

Regarding the "cancellation": I've always thought that the TS line will continue but as time goes by I'm getting less confident that things are ok, despite the few eBay finds above.

EE has always had upcoming waves listed before, and the rumours seem to persist on a number of sites. The figs haven't vanished from pre-order, have they? Why only TS? Or has this affected the other Hasbro lines in exactly the same way?

I don't collect 'em so maybe someone knows... have future waves been cancelled?

Blue2th:
I only display my SW, BSG, Titaniums and some Action Fleet, along with many Furuta, and JL Star Trek.
I'm going to pull out more AF and display those at least.

Sounds like my (displayed) collection in a nutshell, bro.

And don't forget your Hallmark, Tomy, Romando, and Konami ships!

Damned Furuta Species 8472 bioship is too tall for my new shelving unit though... Frack! The only one! Surgery time...

BTW, anyone else disappointed with Indy IV like me? Mediocrity and Indy don't mix...

mtriv73
05-28-2008, 04:10 AM
EE has always had upcoming waves listed before, and the rumours seem to persist on a number of sites. The figs haven't vanished from pre-order, have they? Why only TS? Or has this affected the other Hasbro lines in exactly the same way?

I don't collect 'em so maybe someone knows... have future waves been cancelled?

No 3-3/4" figures and vehicles beyond what is currently out there is up for pre-sale at EE, Brianstoys, Hasbrotoyshop or anywhere. This even includes things we know are coming like the Falcon, AT-TE, animated style figures, droid factory figures, several battlepacks, and yes titanium. Hasbro is apparently trying to release the whole line at once with some magic roll-out on 7/26. I'm sure the e-tailers would love to have preorders available, because if we find it at retail first then why would we shop there?

A wave or 2 of titaniums, as well as waves of basic figures have been moved to the fall because ALL the SKU's are changing and they didn't want people to miss the last waves due to the under buying of final waves that always happens at retail chains. Think about the last wave of any year, they're always harder to find.

With a few exceptions, Star Wars titaniums sell through quickly and make Hasbro lots of money. They're not going to cancel them anytime soon, especially since they found out we'll pony up close to $7 each for them and we'll continue to buy ridiculous repaints.

JediTricks
05-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I didn't like Indy 4 either, I titled my review "Indiana Jones and the Letdown of the Year". :p

The truth is, the majority of SW collectors aren't buying Titanium Series, it has a much smaller fanbase, so it's hard for us, where we do the questions democratically, to drum up interest. The votes spread out a lot, so 3 votes isn't too shabby, sometimes there can be so many questions with 5 votes because of the spread. And I try to squeeze important questions in, last round we just had a lot of questions that were rock solid work (the round before was totally flat). The Q&A does get some Titanium questions - though as you point out, not all are golden - but it gets more Galactic Heroes than TS because more collectors are into it, unfortunately.

However, barring unforeseen management decisions under strict scrutiny, Hasbro isn't even legally allowed to lie to us in these answers that Titanium is still going, because these news outlets, no matter how small, are still news outlets that investors may get information from, and under SEC rules you cannot mislead investors that way.

Darth Duranium
05-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks Blue, Mtriv and JT, for weighing in... your opinions all seem pretty sound to me. Hmmm... may be time to up my meds, eh?

Mtriv... I wasn't aware that future 3-3/4" waves had been yanked as well... I'm relieved that this is the case cuz there's zero chance that the figs won't return. Did pre-order waves already on e-tailer sites disappear like TS wave 4, too? Or did the waves come out and nothing new was offered for pre-order?

I was aware of the 7/26 SKU thang but I didn't know that the other lines had been hit in exactly the same way... I do see at least a trickle of new 3-3/4" stuff at retail all the time.

Sadly, we'll pony up almost $8 a pop for our ridiculous repaint TS here... and our buck's over par with the greenback. When compared to a $1.49 Hot Wheels car or something, the TS would indeed seem to be very profitable for HS and LFL.

JT, your SEC comment was good to learn... it's good that Hasbro can't be intentionally deceptive. And deep within our hearts, we all know that multinational corporations are always truthful and upstanding... feel free to bow your heads in reverence.

Blessed is He that knoweth that Hasbro wouldn't tantalize us with ships like the E-Wing, Outrider, Basestar, Torrent, Reb Transport, and TIE Defender.... and then shelve the whole frickin' line.

Confidence is higher, thanks to all of your comments, though. Going back to Defcon Two. Hang in there, Warstar.

Yup, I know that the TS pale in popularity when compared to the figs... I think that's part of why I like them. And SSG has been pretty good in the Q&A's for TS... it's how I found SSG from the RS recap... but democracy will never weigh heavily in TS's favour.

If someone put up a Titanium-specific website and asked questions of Hasbro, I'd sure be hard-pressed to come up with 6 questions a month for Hasbro. We just usually wanna know what ships are coming up... and whinge about the repaints.

How about Indiana Jones and My Bored A-s-s Hurt For 2 Hours or Indiana Jones and the Uninspired Retread?

Blue2th
05-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks Blue, Mtriv and JT, for weighing in... your opinions all seem pretty sound to me. Hmmm... may be time to up my meds, eh?

Mtriv... I wasn't aware that future 3-3/4" waves had been yanked as well... I'm relieved that this is the case cuz there's zero chance that the figs won't return. Did pre-order waves already on e-tailer sites disappear like TS wave 4, too? Or did the waves come out and nothing new was offered for pre-order?

I was aware of the 7/26 SKU thang but I didn't know that the other lines had been hit in exactly the same way... I do see at least a trickle of new 3-3/4" stuff at retail all the time.

Sadly, we'll pony up almost $8 a pop for our ridiculous repaint TS here... and our buck's over par with the greenback. When compared to a $1.49 Hot Wheels car or something, the TS would indeed seem to be very profitable for HS and LFL.

JT, your SEC comment was good to learn... it's good that Hasbro can't be intentionally deceptive. And deep within our hearts, we all know that multinational corporations are always truthful and upstanding... feel free to bow your heads in reverence.

Blessed is He that knoweth that Hasbro wouldn't tantalize us with ships like the E-Wing, Outrider, Basestar, Torrent, Reb Transport, and TIE Defender.... and then shelve the whole frickin' line.

Confidence is higher, thanks to all of your comments, though. Going back to Defcon Two. Hang in there, Warstar.

Yup, I know that the TS pale in popularity when compared to the figs... I think that's part of why I like them. And SSG has been pretty good in the Q&A's for TS... it's how I found SSG from the RS recap... but democracy will never weigh heavily in TS's favour.

If someone put up a Titanium-specific website and asked questions of Hasbro, I'd sure be hard-pressed to come up with 6 questions a month for Hasbro. We just usually wanna know what ships are coming up... and whinge about the repaints.

How about Indiana Jones and My Bored A-s-s Hurt For 2 Hours or Indiana Jones and the Uninspired Retread?

They better not tease us with those ships you mentioned then not follow through.
It's happened before. I remember trying to get the last three Episode 1 die-cast ships was next to impossible. The Trade Federation Tank, Sith Infiltrator, Republic Cruiser and Sebulba's Podracer, which I managed to get eventually. Then I was really bummed out when pics of prototypes and more ships surfaced of what they had planned for the line before they cancelled it. Luckily they have made or re-issued most of those ships, like the Naboo Fighter, and a few others except Sebulba's Podracer to my knowledge.

Knowing that I have every Star Wars Action Fleet diecast and Titanium issued so far, makes me feel good.
Hopefully the line continues

I am still missing a few of the last regular Action Fleet Episode 1's however. Trade Federation Starship, Landing Craft, and Sith Infiltrator Alpha (I like the concept one better)

We still have yet to see the Landing craft in Titanium, and it's already appeared in the Clone Wars trailer. This line still has alot of possibilities left in it.

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
The question got enough votes, it was a solid #5 in the rankings, so I sent it in an hour ago.

Warstar
06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Glad to hear the Titanium question was put in.

I hope I can find another ROTS Pimp my ride JSF and a Star Skiff...

On another note, the Carnor Jax/Kir Kanos Star Wars Shop "Shared Exclusive" no longer is- I found 2 packs of them in a Wal-Mart in Mountain Home, ID on Friday, 5/30/08.

The original news release in 2006:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20060530.html

There is a difference between the new one and the old one, however- the visor holes on the helmets on the versions I found are clear- not red- like SWShop.com's version was.

Here's a link on Ebay to what the new ones look like (notice the clear eye slits):

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/ee/e0/eea0_1.JPG

Of course it looks like this was an expected release/change but no one has mentioned it?

figrin bran
06-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Glad to hear the Titanium question was put in.

I hope I can find another ROTS Pimp my ride JSF and a Star Skiff...

On another note, the Carnor Jax/Kir Kanos Star Wars Shop "Shared Exclusive" no longer is- I found 2 packs of them in a Wal-Mart in Mountain Home, ID on Friday, 5/30/08.

There is a difference between the new one and the old one, however- the visor holes on the helmets on the versions I found are clear- not red- like SWShop.com's version was.

Here's a link on Ebay to what the new ones look like (notice the clear eye slits):

Of course it looks like this was an expected release/change but no one has mentioned it?

Warstar, those JSF's are pegwarming here in LA. If you want, I can try to get one for you next time I'm out toy hunting.

cloneemperor
06-01-2008, 11:55 PM
At least Americans are lucky. The last wave I found on regular shelves in Canada was 2007 Wave 4. Any other items I have from after that I got for driving 2.5 hours one way to the only store I know of who orders from Hasbro US. But I guess I'm used to that. Despite Hasbro insisting that us Canadians would be able to get the last 3 waves of figures on shelf, I had to resort to eBay to get them.

JediTricks
06-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Of course it looks like this was an expected release/change but no one has mentioned it?Actually, it was heavily mentioned before it came out.

At least Americans are lucky. The last wave I found on regular shelves in Canada was 2007 Wave 4. Any other items I have from after that I got for driving 2.5 hours one way to the only store I know of who orders from Hasbro US. But I guess I'm used to that. Despite Hasbro insisting that us Canadians would be able to get the last 3 waves of figures on shelf, I had to resort to eBay to get them.It's not luck, it's the buying power of the country which causes Hasbro to send more product to our shores, and our retailers enough confidence to order more and put them on shelves. It's also why US prices are lower than European prices (yes, I am aware Canada is in North America :p), the US buys in far greater bulk so they get priority pricing. Unfortunately, Hasbro kind of ignores the Canadian market when it comes to most of the SW lines that aren't the main one, and that in large part is Quebec's fault demanding French printing on packaging, otherwise Hasbro probably would divert more US product to Canadian shores.

mtriv73
06-11-2008, 07:41 AM
I know this probably belongs in the internet just found or other than SW toys forums, but it makes sense here too so here goes...

HTS has the Indiana Jones titaniums (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=633) up for sale now. Use sprreq8 for 10% off or just join AAA in California like JT for the same deal.

Edit: not only is this in the wrong forum, I managed to put it in the wrong thread as well. (Never post before the coffee kicks in.) If a mod wants to move this, feel free.

Darth Duranium
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks a lot for forwarding the TS questions, JT... glad to finally have a semi-definitive answer from Hasbro. Looks like it was asked by another site as well, but not as detailed a response for them... here's SSG's reply:

Hasbro: The line is changing over to a new Assortment number, so that's probably what happened. The 12 new vehicles are just in the Fall lineup alone. The line will continue through 2009 at this point - we are moving full steam ahead and do not have any plans to shut it down. There are a couple new Battlestar ships and then that'll be in for that sub-series; our license expires at the end of the year.

So we're golden through 2009, anyway... whew!

Y'know, Hasbro could have done a better job of keeping us in the loop and giving us a heads-up about Mystery Phantom Wave 4 and the shrivelling stock thang. "Probably what happened" will have to do. It looks like wave 4 never made it out at all. I expect we'll see the TCW repaints first... maybe at CC.

Shame about the end of the BSG licensed moulds, though... this means that they're gonna get even more expensive in the after-market, for those (not me!) that ain't got all of 'em yet. The BSG ships were, IMHO, among the best in the series and contained very little plastic, unlike say, the crappy T-16.

But a "couple new" BSG ships this Fall, huh? Besides the Basestar, this could be very interesting. The Cylon Heavy Raider seems very likely 'cuz they promised that one earlier... I guess that leaves only a few likely choices.

I'd guess that we might see a BS Valkyrie, a Colonial shuttle, a Stealthstar, a Resurrection Ship, or maybe a Guardian Basestar. That Cylon Resurrection Hub looked amazing (from last week's penultimate show)... plus it blows up real good. Yee-haw. I doubt that the "rag-tag" fleet will be touched but you just never know... maybe we'll see Starbuck's Sanitation ship...

Clonemperor, I feel your pain, Brutha. In Canada, it seems that the TS are getting pretty sparse on the big-box retailer's shelves... in Toronto the situation is similar and I have to drive across town to get 'em at Brick and Mortar joints.

Hasbro Toy Store is supposed to be available in Canada soon... so maybe eBay will get even less love from us. There are a couple of Canadian e-tailers that stock TS but they seem hopelessly slow to sell new stock when compared to EE, Brianstoys, and the US mega-retailers. If the Silver Snail (in Toronto) ever got off their arses and included TS on their website, they'd clean up 'cuz they always have loads of new TS in stock... in-store.

I agree with JT... volume buys made by US mega-conglomerates do result in lower pricing for our American buds... but a generous hosing by Canadian retailers on the exchange rates seems to be the main culprit, IMHO. The French packaging issue is very minor... very few TS ships that I buy at retail have bi- or tri-lingual packaging and most are identical to the US version. Quebec will be different, of course.

Well, at least if we get sick up here, we won't have to mortgage the house or sell the kids off for scientific experiments. Unless they richly deserve it.

And if you think we're getting shafted, strap on your Depends and check out the pricing in Japan, the UK, and the rest of Europe...

TooWanBee
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
What do you guys make of this? I had preordered 2008 Wave 4 several weeks ago. I got this email this morning.

BBTS - 3" Titanium 2008 Wave 4 - Set of 6 Discontinued

Hi - Hasbro has just informed us that this item has been discontinued and will not be produced. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have cancelled all preorders and removed the item from our site.

Thanks
bigbadtoystore

mtriv73
06-25-2008, 10:57 AM
First off, welcome to the forums. We all hope to see you around often and look forward to your contributions.

It means they're coming out under a different SKU on July 26th or later this year and rather than having them under-ordered by mass retailers making them all a royal pain to find we'll have plenty of cylon basestars and the others later this year. Hasbro is not going to go to all the cost of tooling etc. for a successful line and then just drop them. Most of these don't last long on the shelves.

TooWanBee
06-25-2008, 11:25 PM
First off, welcome to the forums. We all hope to see you around often and look forward to your contributions.

It means they're coming out under a different SKU on July 26th or later this year and rather than having them under-ordered by mass retailers making them all a royal pain to find we'll have plenty of cylon basestars and the others later this year. Hasbro is not going to go to all the cost of tooling etc. for a successful line and then just drop them. Most of these don't last long on the shelves.

Perfect. Hey thanks for the reply. I love these ships. I only started collecting last year. This will help me with my collecting. I'm so glad to find this forum.

TooWanBee
06-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Here are pictures of my current 3" collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70714584@N00/?saved=1

mtriv73
06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Here are pictures of my current 3" collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70714584@N00/?saved=1

Nice collection except I saw no Battlestar titaniums. I'm not sure we can have you in these forums after all. :razz:

I do like your DeTomaso Pantera. My Dad had a white 1972 one of those when I was growing up. You felt like you were doing 100 when you were driving 55 (Not that he ever drove 55 in it-unless it was going to or coming from some higher speed.)

JediTricks
06-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Dang, that's a big layout, I don't think I even have that much flat space in my house! :D Very cool collection.

Warstar
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Nice collection! :D

Missing any?

I have an Orange JSF and a Naboo Royal Cruiser on the way to open.

Bring on July 26th!

I'll post pics of the Titanium wall when I update :)

TooWanBee
07-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Nice collection! :D

Missing any?

I have an Orange JSF and a Naboo Royal Cruiser on the way to open.

Bring on July 26th!

I'll post pics of the Titanium wall when I update :)

I'm sure that I'm missing some. But from the 2005-2006 line I'm only missing the Gold X-Wing (San Diego CC) and Imperial Shuttle with window variation. Am I right about there being two different tints to the windows?

I just discovered your list a few months ago and started collecting the older 3" stuff including the X-Ray ones but they are quite expensive.

TooWanBee
07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Nice collection except I saw no Battlestar titaniums. I'm not sure we can have you in these forums after all. :razz:

I do like your DeTomaso Pantera. My Dad had a white 1972 one of those when I was growing up. You felt like you were doing 100 when you were driving 55 (Not that he ever drove 55 in it-unless it was going to or coming from some higher speed.)

Ha. No I only wish I had a real Pantera. I only have one BSG ship that came with a set. I have a few extra SW ships still packaged. I lost track of what I had and ordered a few doubles by mistake.

I wish I could get my hands on some plastic stands for those that don't have stands but Hasbro told me it wasn't possible.

TooWanBee
07-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know where I can find out more about what Titanium Series is coming out this year?

Thanks,
Jerry

Darth Duranium
07-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi TooWanBee,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've pretty much caught up... and obviously, collecting TS has gotten completely out of hand. Well, you're in good company.

Warstar's list (sticky) is probably the best list out there to see if you're missing anything. I added an appendix, too. Seems you're also into the lines that are similar to TS.

What's this no BSG Titaniums thing Mtriv points out... you do realize that you might be scorned, lashed and then deported by the TS forum community for this serious infraction, don't you? Well, we'll let this matter ride.... for now.

Does anyone know where I can find out more about what Titanium Series is coming out this year?

This is probably one the best sources for info on the TS but you've asked the million credit question... noone (except Hasbro) knows due to the upcoming brand reset/new sku issue... just read back through the forum for all the gruesome details.

It looks like the next wave will be a horrible TCW repaint wave, judging by the very few early ones that have washed ashore in Asia. The BSG Basestar wave (4) went completely AWOL. But really, who the frak knows?

There's only one Imperial Shuttle in Titanium so far... the 5-pack one's the same as the single pack one. There are packaging variants, though. And there are the 3" AF Alpha, ROTS, Xray, and JC Penney Imperial shuttles too. It never ends...

I'd try eBay for the stands if you need a lot. Personally, it's the blue ones that I dislike the most.