PDA

View Full Version : Mustafar Panning Droid Review

Engineernerd
05-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, I never thought I would find this one.

But, a quick note first. I didn't have anything new on the site last week for a good reason. I was in the ER. I've been fighting with a kidney stone for about a month, and it won. Tuesday, I had surgery to break it up.

When I finally left the house to on Thursday, just to get out, I found the panning droid. A ray of hope in a really painful week.

What did I think of this accessory like figure?

Check it out here:
http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/Mustafar_Panning_Droid.asp

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

plasticfetish
05-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Oh god... kidney stones. I'm so sorry.

-----

Great review! I keep passing on this figure, and even though I tend to buy pretty much any droid that I find, this one just isn't doing it for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Nice review, as always. But I wanted to point out that it is indeed possible to position the bucket in front of the droid and connect it to the base, and also to have the bucket in front with Anakin standing on it at a more level height with Obi-Wan (he can also stand on it just fine without the bucket). It just takes a bit of fiddling, but it works.

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Yeah, the panning droid does have more range of motion that lets it drop down, I think most folks don't even notice that both sets of arms are articulated. Also, the head on my panning droid is not askew that I can tell. I actually like this set way more than I expected to, but the scale issue is pretty bad on both.