PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Obi Wan Questions

Ulic
05-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Hello, I just joined the site, and I couldnīt find the "introductions forum" so I am posting here, one of the main reasons I joined is because I read that I could find some info on the Rancho Obi Wan, as for many collectors, it is one of my lifeīs dream to visit, and this summer a friend is in California for an internship and he offered shelter and transportation in order for me to visit the museum, except... I dont really know what the protocol is for visiting, I mean, does one just show up and ring the bell and say "Hey, can you show me your museum?". Any information on this subject will be most helpful. Also since this is my first post I just wanted to say Nice to meet you all. Hopefully you guys can help, thanks.

Ulic-Quel-Droma

jedi master sal
05-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Hello, I just joined the site, and I couldnīt find the "introductions forum" so I am posting here, one of the main reasons I joined is because I read that I could find some info on the Rancho Obi Wan, as for many collectors, it is one of my lifeīs dream to visit, and this summer a friend is in California for an internship and he offered shelter and transportation in order for me to visit the museum, except... I dont really know what the protocol is for visiting, I mean, does one just show up and ring the bell and say "Hey, can you show me your museum?". Any information on this subject will be most helpful. Also since this is my first post I just wanted to say Nice to meet you all. Hopefully you guys can help, thanks.

Ulic-Quel-Droma

First welcome to SSG.

If you want to visit the Ranch, it's a good idea to contact Steve Sansweet first. You wouldn't want to show up and not be allowed in.

Second that I know of he doesn't often give "tours." It's not a public display.
In fact the trend has been that he'll have collectors pay a visit, but only if they will help in cataloging his collection. (I've seen this three times, so there is precedent). So, I'd say if he allows you to go, be prepared to work.

You can always go to starwars.com and find the documentaries of his ranch. Maybe not the same as being there, but it will give a more than a glimpse and is free (well except I think you need to have a hyperspace membership.

I wish you luck in your quest. I have zero desire to see Rancho Obi-wan, but that's just me I suppose.

Ulic
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
I thank you for your welcome, and for the info. I have watched the videos, and they actually increased my desire to see it with my own eyes. And I am sorry to keep on asking, but, you wouldnīt happen to know how I can contact Steve Sansweet would you? I apologize if I seem to be somehow disregarding your comments, which I am not, but I really want to see this through ītill the end, let it be my visit to the Rancho or my complete failure.
And once again thank you jedi master sal for your comment.

El Chuxter
05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
The only way I'd know to contact Steve Sansweet would either be writing or e-mailing him in care of Lucasfilm (or possibly the Star Wars Insider), or going to one of the conventions where he does a presentation and hoping he "mingles" with fans. I'm not sure what your chances would be, though.

If you know someone who works at Lucasfilm or a subsidiary, you might have a better shot. Even then, though, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure from what you've said so far if you're under the assumption SirSteve is Steve Sansweet. It's not an uncommon assumption, but it's not correct. I've seen them both at the same time and place, so unless there are Skrulls involved, they're definitely not the same person. ;)

jedi master sal
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
I thank you for your welcome, and for the info. I have watched the videos, and they actually increased my desire to see it with my own eyes. And I am sorry to keep on asking, but, you wouldnīt happen to know how I can contact Steve Sansweet would you? I apologize if I seem to be somehow disregarding your comments, which I am not, but I really want to see this through ītill the end, let it be my visit to the Rancho or my complete failure.
And once again thank you jedi master sal for your comment.

Let me check, I have his e-mail address, IIRC from awhile back. If not him I know I have Mary Franklin (editor of Bantha Tracks and Events Manager for LFL). I could ask her for proper protocol regarding this.

Tycho
05-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Skywalker Ranch.....Rancho Obi-Wan.

They aren't going to have anything on me when I open Hacienda de la JarJar! and it's fraternal partner, the House of the Mouse (Droid). :crazed:

In fact, in the latter, I will have crazed Star Wars fans with glossed-over eyes, helping me open my mint, sealed action figures in closed off rooms with poor ventilation! Then the figures will be transported from the House facility to the Hacienda where I'll have kidnapped JediMasterSal and have him chained to the BMF Falcon on one arm and SideShow's Jabba The Hutt Throne Environment on the other, forcing him to build me Clone Wars dioramas!

Visitors will be allowed to purchase snacks to feed Sal while he works.

Then I will have another room where I've captured JediTricks. He'll be on display as himself, surrounded by Jocasta Nu action figures - piles of them! AND - did you ever wonder what happened to all those 2006 Lushros Dofine action figures that used to clog up the pegs at your store? (evil laugh!)

Finally, visitors will be offered a treat, as Stillakid will also be settled into the Hacienda, but he won't need to be chained or locked up. No, he will be free-roaming throughout the property with a megaphone with which he'll be utilizing to go on about all his quaint topics he likes to discuss. He will have a dedicated computer lab where he'll be continuously logged in on several different machines to the largest fan sites where he can busy himself posting his opinions everywhere with cordless, ergonomic keyboards!

Upon leaving, visitors will be asked to complete MadSlantedPowers' survey of the next Top 985 choices for Star Wars character key chains that you'd like to see never-sell in a Target near you. We've started a petition for a Wilrow Hood key chain that patrons will be offered a chance to sign. :thumbsup:

Why would anyone want to waste their time at Steve Sansweet or George Lucas' houses?

jedi master sal
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Skywalker Ranch.....Rancho Obi-Wan.

They aren't going to have anything on me when I open Hacienda de la JarJar! and it's fraternal partner, the House of the Mouse (Droid). :crazed:

In fact, in the latter, I will have crazed Star Wars fans with glossed-over eyes, helping me open my mint, sealed action figures in closed off rooms with poor ventilation! Then the figures will be transported from the House facility to the Hacienda where I'll have kidnapped JediMasterSal and have him chained to the BMF Falcon on one arm and SideShow's Jabba The Hutt Throne Environment on the other, forcing him to build me Clone Wars dioramas!

Visitors will be allowed to purchase snacks to feed Sal while he works.

Then I will have another room where I've captured JediTricks. He'll be on display as himself, surrounded by Jocasta Nu action figures - piles of them! AND - did you ever wonder what happened to all those 2006 Lushros Dofine action figures that used to clog up the pegs at your store? (evil laugh!)

Finally, visitors will be offered a treat, as Stillakid will also be settled into the Hacienda, but he won't need to be chained or locked up. No, he will be free-roaming throughout the property with a megaphone with which he'll be utilizing to go on about all his quaint topics he likes to discuss. He will have a dedicated computer lab where he'll be continuously logged in on several different machines to the largest fan sites where he can busy himself posting his opinions everywhere with cordless, ergonomic keyboards!

Upon leaving, visitors will be asked to complete MadSlantedPowers' survey of the next Top 985 choices for Star Wars character key chains that you'd like to see never-sell in a Target near you. We've started a petition for a Wilrow Hood key chain that patrons will be offered a chance to sign. :thumbsup:

Why would anyone want to waste their time at Steve Sansweet or George Lucas' houses?

Well geez thanks Tycho. But nowhere does it read that I'll acutally get those snacks purchased. It just says "Visitors will be allowed to purchase snacks to feed Sal while he works." Not that I'll get the snacks....

Slavedriver!

Back on topic, I shot off an e-mail to Mary Franklin asking about protocol for contacting Sansweet and visiting his ranch. I'll post the response should I get one.

-Sal

Ulic
05-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks a lot I really appreciate it, hopefully you will get a response.