PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones: The Lost Temple of Akator

JEDIpartner
05-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Look who got another go around!! LOL :rolleyes:

Beast
05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, and it looks pretty damn cool compared to the Mustafar version. :)

JEDIpartner
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Not mine... I repainted mine and it ROCKS!! :o

I hate how Hasblah b*tches about how they lose money developing playsets and they keep recycling them for G.I. Joe and now the Indy line. They need to shut up.

Beast
05-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but the point I think they're trying to make is that playsets don't sell well enough to put a lot of money into producing them. And since they don't sell well, stores don't want to take the risk of purchasing them. Especially with the limited available shelf space in most stores now adays. That's why they end up doing retools like this when they can, so it's a lower risk for all parties. Not to mention there's also a movie to give the playset a better chance at selling.

netsolo
05-17-2008, 03:48 AM
I never heard any complaints from my Ghostbusters when they were forced to setup shop in the Police Academy Headquarters all those years ago... or how Wicket and family finally could stop living under the CA-134 overpass and move back into a tree hut with Robin Hood, that clever Prince of Thieves.

I'm with Beast, I think it's just a viable way to recoop some losses. But speaking of the Mustafar set, what's with the egregious amounts that it's selling for on eBay lately? Didn't it retail for thirty bucks?

JEDIpartner
05-20-2008, 01:30 PM
But speaking of the Mustafar set, what's with the egregious amounts that it's selling for on eBay lately? Didn't it retail for thirty bucks?

Yep. I haven't looked for it on eBay. I'll have to see what it's selling for these days.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Features nothing from the film. Just as I had suspected!

Mvader91
05-23-2008, 01:38 PM
The set looks sweet! I think hasblo is on to something. In alot of cases alot of us are blasting what they produce,that is why they do not sell. Or maybe they just suck and should stop making playsets altogether. We are a very critical bunch.

El Chuxter
05-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd buy it, if it came with an abandoned refrigerator, and maybe the kid from Punky Brewster to give Indy mouth-to-mouth.

Hopefully one day they can repaint that in black and red and make a killer Mustafar playset.