PDA

View Full Version : Iron Sky

stillakid
05-14-2008, 10:15 PM
A friend sent me a link to a new animated film in development called "Iron Sky." Here's the summary from their site:

In 1945 the Nazis fled to the moon. In 2018 they are coming back.
Iron Sky is a film about conformity: those who want to conform, those who want to make others conform, and those who refuse. A girl rebels against the foundations of her fathers, learning what freedom and equality mean to her, and that the world of today has lost sight of their true meaning.

The trailer they have looks awesome and after watching it, I'm far more excited to see this indie than I am in seeing Indy! :whip: :D

I'd provide a link, but the last time I put a link here in the Movies/TV/Music/Other thread, the moderators banned me. :confused: I didn't know beforehand that posting fun interesting items about Star Wars and other projects was a bannable offense. Who knew. :ermm:

So if you can't find their website, send me a PM and I'll shoot it right over! It looks great!

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd provide a link, but the last time I put a link here in the Movies/TV/Music/Other thread, the moderators banned me. :confused: I didn't know beforehand that posting fun interesting items about Star Wars and other projects was a bannable offense. Who knew. :ermm:

So if you can't find their website, send me a PM and I'll shoot it right over! It looks great!Gee, thanks for discussing linking with me in private before posting this instead of posting any sort of douchery in public, thus coming off even more petty and bitter than before. Of course, since you already know it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT and even made clear that your post which got you suspended was a risky political item, there would actually be no reason to PM me about it because you know better and be able to clearly see the difference, but then you'd have to just let it go and move on instead of holding a grudge over something you yourself caused, and we wouldn't want that. After all, it's important to make hollow, crass gestures meant to engender sympathy from the group over something caused by you trying to push forums rules and boundaries in a thin attempt to twist how everybody here interacts to your ideal manner of how you think it "should be". It's a good thing you treat people around here with such great respect or your attempts to come off as a martyr would fall on deaf ears.

http://www.ironsky.net/site/

Exhaust Port
05-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing this Stilla! It immediately reminded me of Sky Captain which I really, really enjoyed. I can't seem to find any estimated release date or how it will be released (ie in theaters nation wide or in only a limited theater run, etc.).

<edit>

Found an answer to it's distribution, it'll be released as a DVD.

2-1B
05-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I was gonna make a joke and ask if this is similar to Sky Captain, then xP posted that it reminded him of Sky Captain and that scares me since I hated that movie. lol

Exhaust Port
05-17-2008, 01:21 PM
<gasp> heresy I say!!

El Chuxter
05-17-2008, 03:03 PM
If it's like Sky Captain, then I imagine Rocketboy's looking forward to it. This is one I'll agree with him on.

Now go watch the Blues Brothers already!

stillakid
05-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing this Stilla! It immediately reminded me of Sky Captain which I really, really enjoyed. I can't seem to find any estimated release date or how it will be released (ie in theaters nation wide or in only a limited theater run, etc.).

<edit>

Found an answer to it's distribution, it'll be released as a DVD.

Yeah, it reminded my immediately of Sky Captain too. I remember seeing THAT trailer and getting really excited. The story itself wasn't terrible, but disappointing. I loved the "world" though that the story was told within. I'm kind of the same way with The Fifth Element...so-so story but really cool universe to live in for a couple hours.

So I see the same probability for this one, Iron Sky. The premise is very interesting, (but I won't talk about it here lest I get booted for being political or something.) Plus, it's really hard to not like the mix of 1940's stuff with the modern era. It's definitely worth a look. :)

Kidhuman
05-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the link JT.

TeeEye7
05-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it reminded my immediately of Sky Captain too. I remember seeing THAT trailer and getting really excited. The story itself wasn't terrible, but disappointing. I loved the "world" though that the story was told within. I'm kind of the same way with The Fifth Element...so-so story but really cool universe to live in for a couple hours.

There's nothing worse than getting "jazzed" about the look of movie (via its trailer), going to see it, and then being disappointed by the story line. What a waste! The two titles stillakid cited are perfect examples. I had high hopes for these movies, and as stillakid said, the experience ends up being "so-so". I don't "get" how Hollyweird can miss so often; given the big bucks of production. I would think more care would be given in the grand scheme of producing the product.

El Chuxter
05-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Funny, I liked Sky Captain and The Fifth Element, and I'm normally overly critical of science fiction movies. ;)

Exhaust Port
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Me too. I think both those movies were so ludicrous in the world's they created that it made sense to me as a movie watcher to not bother with the reality of it and just enjoy what I saw. Nothing is worse than a movie trying to be real and then be way off in some fashion from what would really happen. It's all or nothing for me.

TeeEye7
05-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Funny, I liked Sky Captain and The Fifth Element, and I'm normally overly critical of science fiction movies. ;)

Me too. I think both those movies were so ludicrous in the world's they created that it made sense to me as a movie watcher to not bother with the reality of it and just enjoy what I saw. Nothing is worse than a movie trying to be real and then be way off in some fashion from what would really happen. It's all or nothing for me.

It wasn't that I disliked both movies, I just thought they were OK. However.... .I was just hoping for more, given the "look" of the movies. Too many times, the trailer is the best part of the movie, and the rest is lacking big time. I just resent getting my expectations up seeing, a cool trailer only to have them dashed as the rest of the movie fails to deliver on what looks to be a promising and entertaining story. For me, the experience ends up in the "so-so" category. :neutral: