PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 3 or 4 versions of Clonetrooper?

yaddle yodas love pu
02-15-2002, 08:16 AM
How many versions of the Clonetrooper will there be? 2? 3? 4? We have seen 1) the squatting preview Clonetrooper; and 2) the pink Cloentrooper Commander at Toyfair. Will there be a different version of the regular CLonetrooper coming out after the preview wave? I had also heard that there would be a deluxe Clonetrooper. Can anyone shed light on this?

Beast
02-15-2002, 12:03 PM
I think that we'll be getting 4 of them, going by the original lists that circulated on-line as well as Hasbro's announced lists. The CloneTrooper shows up on the official Hasbro press release in the basic assortment, so that means we will get a re-sculpt, no doubt multi-poseable. So that means:

1. Preview CloneTrooper
2. CloneTrooper (Re-sculpt)
3. CloneTrooper Commander
4. Deluxe CloneTrooper

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

master jedi
02-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Doesn't Hasbro know that I hate re-sculpts with a vengence?

hairless chewie
02-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but it would be a resculpt of an army building figure! We've been chomping at the bit for Stormtrooper resculpts but with the clones we get them up front. Win-win if you ask me!

Beast
02-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Yeah, in this case it's not that bad a thing. We get the Preview CloneTrooper that's preposed in a combat pose. And then we get a multi-poseable version in the Basic line. And then a CloneTrooper Commander figure which has different markings on his uniform. And then whatever the deluxe version will be. It's probably a CloneTrooper on a Swoop Bike, since they are rumored to use them on Geonosis.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

INDIANA
02-15-2002, 02:19 PM
.....i really wish that Han Solo came with a trenchcoat.....

Sorry, I thought all threads had to have this line in there somewhere....

How many Jango's? By my count 4?

1. Preview
2. Deluxe
3. Areana Battle
4. Kaminoan Escape

I should also speculate we will get a version of him on Kamino where he isn't wearing the Mandalorian Armor.

badtaste
02-15-2002, 04:11 PM
The-pink-one-does-more-look-like-a-CLOWN-trooper.

Attac-of-the-Clowns

Beast
02-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
The-pink-one-does-more-look-like-a-CLOWN-trooper.
Attac-of-the-Clowns
The figure is only a prototype, and in person the color is actually red instead of pink. All the images taken at Toy Fair seem to have given the figures a light red or pink look. It's probably most likely due to the presence of florescent lighting in the show room.

MTFBWTY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-15-2002, 07:35 PM
For the moment we only know of of the Preview and commander version,the others listed are just rumors at this point in time :)

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-15-2002, 07:40 PM
I say we grab the frickin' Gungan and tie lead weights to his feet and then drop him over the Theed waterfall...... Geez! doesn't he ever shut up? And stating everything as if he has a hotline to Hasbro. I'm soooooooo bored of hearing the same voices all the time I just had to come in here and say something. I've been trying to keep out of all the nonsense surrounding the toyfair show but for god's sake gag the Gungan!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Beast
02-15-2002, 07:47 PM
We know for sure of 3 CloneTroopers actually GNT, the Preview one, the Commander figure, and the basic line re-sculpt version. I assume that since they play a major part in the film, Hasbro will release them in the basic line. It also even appears in Hasbo's press release at Toy Fair, as does the re-sculpt Zam Wesell.

Collection I figures feature the Star Wars saga's main heroes and villains which are fully-articulated and come equipped with dynamic, animated "Force" features plus a wide array of accessories. Each JEDI figure comes equipped with a magnet in its hand, allowing it to use "The Force" to summon and hold a lightsaber. Collection I Basic Figures include ANAKIN SKYWALKER, OUTLAND PEASANT DISGUISE; PADME AMIDALA, ARENA ESCAPE; OBI-WAN KENOBI, CORUSCANT CHASE; SUPER BATTLE DROID; C-3PO, PROTOCOL DROID; KIT FISTO, JEDI MASTER; JANGO FETT, KAMINO ESCAPE; ZAM WESELL, BOUNTY HUNTER; CLONE TROOPER; YODA, JEDI MASTER; ANAKIN SKYWALKER, HANGER DUEL; COUNT DOOKU, DARK LORD; MACE WINDU, GEONOSIAN RESCUE; DARTH VADER, BESPIN DUEL; and LUKE SKYWALKER, BESPIN DUEL. (Approximate Retail Price: $5.99-$6.99; Recommended Age: 4 & up)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-15-2002, 07:50 PM
He's just trying to be helpful, whoda thunk it that someone would want wrong info instead of having the right info?

Anyways, there 4 different clone troopers at Toy Fair.

1. Sneak Preview Clone Trooper
2. RED Clone Trooper with Blaster cannon
3. RED Clone trooper with different pose inside the Gunship
4. Generic Clone trooper with neutral pose inside the Gunship

It's possible the gunship will have 1 of each of the Clonetroopers seen with it as pack-ins or 2 of each since the clone trooper figures in the gunship aren't seen with any of the other figures.

GNT
02-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Thats probably refering to the Pink/redish clonetrooper,so we are still at 2 confirmed figures :)

Beast
02-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
He's just trying to be helpful, whoda thunk it that someone would want wrong info instead of having the right info?
Anyways, there 4 different clone troopers at Toy Fair.
1. Sneak Preview Clone Trooper
2. RED Clone Trooper with Blaster cannon
3. RED Clone trooper with different pose inside the Gunship
4. Generic Clone trooper with neutral pose inside the Gunship
It's possible the gunship will have 1 of each of the Clonetroopers seen with it as pack-ins or 2 of each since the clone trooper figures in the gunship aren't seen with any of the other figures.
It's possible, but looking at the CloneTrooper in the Gunship as well as the one that was on display seperatly they appear to be the same figure. It has ball jointed legs where they attach to the body as well as bendable knees. So it's quite possible for them to have a straight leg pose as well as a crouching pose. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-15-2002, 08:02 PM
If you mean the Red one, well the ankles are screwed up on the one pictured with the cannon and didn't appear to have articulation in the ankles so it could get a straight pose and the preview clone trooper doesn't appear to have any extra articulation.

Beast
02-15-2002, 08:18 PM
If you mean the Red one, well the ankles are screwed up on the one pictured with the cannon and didn't appear to have articulation in the ankles so it could get a straight pose and the preview clone trooper doesn't appear to have any extra articulation.
The ankle on the CloneTrooper Commander only looks screwed up because of the block they used to get him into a crouched pose like that. With the ball-jointed hips and the bendable knees they figure will be able to take on both stances. As for the basic CloneTrooper figure, I am sure that we will get a new one since they already are giving us a new Zam Wesell and Jango Fett. And the CloneTrooper needs a re-sculpt in the basic line as well, being a major army building charecter in the movie. :)

Compare these three pictures of the Clone Commander LTB. :

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=collecting/toyfair2002/loose_clonetrooper.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=collecting/toyfair2002/attack_gunship_clones.jpg

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=collecting/toyfair2002/attack_gunship_clones2.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Maybe.... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'd much rather prefer there be 2-4 neutral poses Troopers packed in with the gunship so stop ruining my dream. :p

Think we'll get a Clone trooper with yellow stripes?

Ok, I just looked at the pictures on the links (didn't before) and I guess you're right, they appear to be the same. :(

GNT
02-17-2002, 12:14 AM
and the preview clone trooper doesn't appear to have any extra articulation.

It doesn't so its stuck in that pose,As I saw one today it was a big disapointment to see no articulation in the knees or ankles :(

Think we'll get a Clone trooper with yellow stripes?

Only if there is a yellow Clonetrooper in the movie :)

Unit-01
02-17-2002, 01:37 AM
Or Blue stripes.

GNT
02-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Blue would be more easier on the eyes than a yellow clonetrooper,yellow would just blend in if your looking at it :)

Darth Ovori
02-18-2002, 11:14 AM
I'll rather go for Black or gray...

Jayspawn
02-18-2002, 11:49 AM
I agree with hairless chewie, more Clonetrooper
figures make for great army building.

Bring it on Hasbro!

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Too bad we cant clone our figures.
We would save alot of money that way.

LTBasker
02-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Yeah, but then we wouldn't have as much variety as we would with resculpts. :D At least if one version is harder to find we can still fill up those gunships! :cool:

General Veers
02-18-2002, 01:35 PM
4 versions for Clonetroopers would work for me. 5 would be pushing it though. Oh well, as LTBasker said, more for our gunships.:D