PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python Figures

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Ok, does anyone here own any of the Monty Python 12 inch figures from The Holy Grail movie? I love that movie and I was thinking about getting the figures. Basically I want to know if they are well articulated, do they come with a base or stand, and are they worth the money?

derek
02-15-2002, 09:12 PM
they are made by sideshow toy. if you are not familiar with this brand, they make "high end" 1/6 th scale figures for the collector market at a reasonable price($25-$30). they made the buffy the vampire figure and later this year will release figures based on the james bond movie series. i own a few of their "toys" and you can rest assured they are of high quality. the bodys are very articulated and the clothes are highly detailed. i saw the monty python line at suncoast movie store in the mall today. to my suprise they were being sold individually. i was of the impression they were going to be sold only as a set.

i don't know if they come with a stand, but if you are a fan of the film, you will be happy with these guys.

check out www.sideshowtoy.com for thier other stuff.

wampabreath
02-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Yes, JangoFett, Derek is right about the quality of Sideshow toys. I own several from the 12" Universal Monsters line and am very impressed by the quality. I've just recieved the five "silly English Kn....iggits!" and they are quite nice! The Holy Grail figures are being sculpted by the enormously talented Oluf W. Hartvigson (no bogus lazer scanning here...just artistry). They can be purchased individually and mine came from Entertainment Earth for $119.99 for the set (I've seen sets go for $140.00 elsewhere).

They do not come with supports of any kind and I assume the articulation is as good as Sideshow's other figures (I assume because I don't have the will to release them from their cellulose prisons...)

Oh, BTW, this is my very first post at SSG! Nice place you've got here SirSteve....

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Thank you, Wampabreath and Derek. I appreciate you filling me in on this. I love that movie and I definately will pick up these figures. Just wanted to see what the verdict was on them before shelling out the cash.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 04:50 AM
Dang I realy need to pick these up now, aren't there 6 though? I can't remember the number of members in the Monty Python gang, I think EE listed a 6th figure... Anyway, these figures seem like must haves! :)

Collector 1: Look, Hasbro 12" figures.
Collector 2: Hmm, but check out these Monty Python 12", very articulated...
Collectior 2: Grab'em! Now-
Together: Run away! Run away!
Collector 1: Wait! Let me go back and face the peril!
Collector 2: No it's too perilous.
:rolleyes:

Beast
02-27-2002, 04:56 AM
Don't forget that coming soon is King Arthur's faithful servant Patsy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They are also going to do figures of The Black Knight, The Dead Collector and Tim the Enchanter. Here are some pictures. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patsy (Febuary 2002):
Terry Gilliam, as King Arthur's faithful servant Patsy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This 12" figure comes with over 20 points of articulation, coconuts, backpack, trumpet, crown and flag.

Beast
02-27-2002, 04:58 AM
The Black Knight (June 2002):
The Black Knight doesn't come with blood, didn't he bleed enough in the movie? This 12 inch highly articulated figure has detachable limbs and comes with a two-handed sword.

Beast
02-27-2002, 04:59 AM
The Dead Collector (October 2002):
This 12" figure is based on the charater of the Dead Collector from the Monty Python comedy 'The Holy Grail.' The Dead Collector is highly articulated and comes with an authentic replica of the costume, a wooden club and an iron triangle. The head is sculpted to feature the likeness of Eric Idle.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 05:00 AM
Yea Patsy was the one I sawt. I want that black knight, that looks fun to play with! :D

Beast
02-27-2002, 05:00 AM
Tim the Enchanter (September 2002):
Some call him....Tim. Tim the Enchanter is a 12 inch, highly articulated figure featuring the authentic likeness of John Cleese. The figure comes with a ragged, flowing robes and a wooden staff.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 05:12 AM
Any one of'em come with the Holy Hand Grenade? :eek:

Beast
02-27-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Any one of'em come with the Holy Hand Grenade? :eek:
Yes, it came with the "King Arthur" figure in the original set, here is a breakdown of what each of the original figures was packed with.

12" action figures based on the 1975 medieval romp Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Figures and accessories in this assortment include: *King Arthur (played by Graham Chapman)- Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, and Sword, Excalibur *Sir Lancelot (John Cleese)- Arrow With Message, Gauntlets, and Long Sword *Galahad (Michael Palin)- Grail-Shaped Beacon, Gauntlets, and Long Sword *Sir Robin (Eric Idle)- The Killer Rabbit of Caer Bannog, Gauntlets and Long Sword *Sir Bevedere (Terry Jones)- A Duck, Chainmail Gloves, and Long Sword Each 12" figure offers over 20 points of articulation.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Knights:

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 08:49 AM
Thanks for all the great info and the pics, JarJar.
I cannot wait to get that Black Knight figure. The detachable limbs are way too cool!!
I can see an Arthur/Black Knight duel diorama already!!

Beast
02-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Thanks for all the great info and the pics, JarJar.
I cannot wait to get that Black Knight figure. The detachable limbs are way too cool!! I can see an Arthur/Black Knight duel diorama already!!
Youssa welcome, just doing what I love to do here and thats helping and informing people. :D Wish I could afford to pick these up as well, but with my Star Wars habit and my DVD habit, I don't have enough cash to start another toy line collection, though these I really would love to. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 01:01 PM
Talk about having no money, youre talking to a guy who spends
90% of his income on SW (who needs to pay bills?).
I will find a way to get these figures also. I cut corners alot to save money for toys. For example, a person can survive on only 1 meal a day!!

Beast
02-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Talk about having no money, youre talking to a guy who spends 90% of his income on SW (who needs to pay bills?).
I will find a way to get these figures also. I cut corners alot to save money for toys. For example, a person can survive on only 1 meal a day!!
Hmm, ever think we should start a support group for people who spend to much money on Star Wars stuff? :crazed: Hello, my name is Jar Jar Binks, and I'm a Star Warsaholic. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 01:22 PM
If you dont get help at Charter, please get help somewhere!!