PDA

View Full Version : Celebration II, Who's going?

DahrJin
02-15-2002, 10:26 AM
Me I can't afford to go, but wish I could.

I'd like to ask a favor, if anyone who is going can, on the off chance, pick up an extra of the exclusive figure, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

thanks folks,

DJ

Jayspawn
02-18-2002, 12:18 PM
A friend and I are trying to go. But there's still a lot of planning in the works. Neither of us live close to Indianapolis.

SithDroid
02-18-2002, 01:44 PM
I'm considering it. I want to know who the guests are first. Plus I live about 800 miles from Indianapolis and getting there is the main thing. Has anyone checked the Celebration II site? The hotels they are listing are over $100 a night at the discount rate. Who would pay that much for a room? Not me. If I decide to go I'll get a less expensive room somewhere else.

OC47150
02-19-2002, 12:24 PM
My buddy and I are going. We live two hours away. Hey, it's in our home state! But for Celebration 1, we flew halfway across the country.

There are plenty of hotels in the surrounding Indy area, so you don't have to worry about that. You might have to drive 20 minutes to downtown but it's cheaper.

As for $100 a night rooms. that's not bad. I won't say how much we're paying but it's a lot more! My friend didn't trust the SW fan club to make our hotel reservations. We've had our reservations since Thanksgiving.

Wolfwood319
02-19-2002, 03:01 PM
I'm going, its only a 4 hour drive from Chicago, and we got a great rate on rooms. I'm interested to see how much better this one is compared to the first, since its like 3 times as much to get in.

master jedi
02-19-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure if I will be able to go or not.

OC47150
02-20-2002, 07:55 AM
If you're financially able to go, I highly suggest trying to attend. It's an experience you won't regret. Despite the crappy, Dagobah-like weather and the long lines, the Denver show was fun.

SW Celebration 2 is my big vacation for the year.

dr_evazan22
02-20-2002, 08:09 AM
I'll be going on the super cheap.

I'm driving from Philly, it should be about a 10 hr drive, but I wont have to rent a car, and it will cost less for gas than for airfare.

Then I found a place for 40$ a night. I think it was rated at 1/2 star.

But the best part is I'll be going to C2!

Jedi Teacher
02-20-2002, 12:26 PM
I'm definitely going. My wife (she loves Star Wars too!) have had our reservations for several months now.

I didn't make it to the first on in Denver--but I've got high hopes for Celebration II!!!!

Anybody know who the exclusive figure is? I remember someone saying it was another Luke X-Wing. I wonder if it would be similar to the Toy Fare Vader?

OC47150
02-20-2002, 12:31 PM
I read a month or so ago that the exclusive figure is a resculpted X-wing Luke with a Micro Machine-size X-wing.

But I haven't seen anything on the subject since -- rumor or confirmation.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-16-2002, 11:17 AM
I only live 3 hours away so I will probably attend. I hope the rumored guest list is true mainly Christopher Lee, Carrie Fisher, and Hayden Christenson. If any of those 3 don't attend I will be slightly disappointed. Why the hell can't they get Mark Hamill to come? It's the 25th anniversary for God's sake!!!
I have most of the people's autographs that are coming for sure. It will be an expensive weekend just at the show itself. Oh well, it only happens a few times.

Rollo Tomassi
03-17-2002, 01:25 PM
So does buying the basic pass get you into everything? Or will it cost extra on top of that to get into the "special events?"

I don't want to go overboard on buying glossy 8X10s and having second rate SW actors sign them, but I don't want to get shafted out of some cool presentations becasue I didn't bring extra cash. It's hard to budget for something like this when Lucasfilm and WOTC are so tight lipped about whats in store for us. Anybody know?

SithDroid
03-17-2002, 02:13 PM
So far I know for sure that you do have to pay extra to go and see the orchestra concert of SW music. I don't know how much extra, but I think that this should be included with the price of the admission, which is outrageous in the first place. Also I think I read somewhere that you had to pay to get into an art exhibit. I'm not sure about this one though.

dr_evazan22
03-17-2002, 11:07 PM
Also, as a fan club member, you can buy for $2-3 a special lanyard that, if I'm not mistaken will give you early access to special events. ... Like the C2 exclusive figure. There might've been others, but thats the only I can think of.

OC47150
03-18-2002, 07:39 AM
I read where the orchestra concert tickets are $12/person.

It looks like WOTC is announcing a celebrity to the autograph session every 5 to 7 - 10 days. Officially Billy Dee Williams and Peter Mayhew are coming. I haven't seen/read rumors on anyone else.