PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: Combat Heroes!

Beast
05-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I figured since JT allowed us to create a seperate Superhero Squad thread on the forums, he wouldn't mind a seperate thread for this upcoming line. At SDCC in July, Hasbro will offer an exclusive Snake Eyes and Timber 2-Pack. This will be a tease of the upcoming Combat Heroes line, which will launch in 2009 tied into the G.I. Joe movie. They look great, I can't wait! Knowing is half the battle! :thumbsup:

More Info: http://gijoeclub.com/sdcc08heroes.cfm

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Timber's corny look is a little over the top, but Snake Eyes looks pretty cool. That packaging has one issue they should consider though, SE looks like he's going to attack his wolf buddy.

Also, I hope when the main line's packaging hits that it's a little brighter, the black at the top of that card gives it a cold, dark feel to it - red there would be better.

Beast
05-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Heh. Now that you mention it, it does. Not sure how they could fix that really though. Either way, it's nice to finally see G.I. Joe join Star Wars, Marvel, Toy Story, and Indiana Jones with a 'Heroes' line. Hopefully unlike the Transformers line, they'll stick to the comic appearances with the G.I. Joe heroes for the most part.

And yeah, the card is pretty dull. I think that hurt Superhero Squad also. Hence why the new packaging is more vibrant and eye catching. Hopefully they simply used the 25th Anniversary look as a basis since it's going to be an early preview for the 2009 line. I wonder what the re-released mass market version will look like.

RUSHBOY
05-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Snake Eyes looks awesome!! These are the figures I want to see in this new line .

Zartan
Destro
Tomax
Xamot
Major Bludd
Blowtorch
Shipwreck
Quick Kick
B.A.T.
Rowdy Roddy Piper
50 Cent (would be a cool G I Joe figure)
Baroness (in her blue outfit)

El Chuxter
05-17-2008, 03:09 AM
AWESOME!!!!

They denied this pointblank a few months ago, but I figured it was a given anyway with the movie coming out. I'm only surprised they didn't call them "Real American Heroes."

A little surprised to see Timber, but I'm not about to complain. I can't wait for, hell, anyone!

Jedi_slayer
05-17-2008, 02:34 PM
AWESOME!!!!

They denied this pointblank a few months ago, but I figured it was a given anyway with the movie coming out. I'm only surprised they didn't call them "Real American Heroes."

A little surprised to see Timber, but I'm not about to complain. I can't wait for, hell, anyone!

problem with calling them "RAM" is your limiting your audience in that way. Marketing more towards the "american" collector, when a small change to another name, widens the appeal to outside the US as well

El Chuxter
05-17-2008, 03:07 PM
I can see your point, but the current line is called GIJoe: A Real American Hero, so it's still odd to me.

JediTricks
05-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I think that calling it RAH would confuse it, and make the characters ALL seem like American Heroes which they're not. But GI Joe is an American Hero in the context of the line, that's one of its selling points, and if the overseas market don't like it, then collect something else.

Jedi_slayer
05-17-2008, 10:04 PM
, and if the overseas market don't like it, then collect something else.

easy to say, when your not the one paying the licensing fee. have you ever known a company to turn money down?

El Chuxter
05-17-2008, 10:31 PM
No. But, in this case, licensing fees don't apply. Hasbro owns GIJoe 100%.

Jedi_slayer
05-17-2008, 10:48 PM
touche' lol

but im still half right.

companies dont turn $$$ down.

JediTricks
05-18-2008, 11:13 PM
easy to say, when your not the one paying the licensing fee. have you ever known a company to turn money down?Hasbro created GI Joe, there are no licensing fees for them to pay. In fact, they license the line out, so they get payments even when the brand name is changed overseas.

Anyway, if making the line less American hurts their US sales, then it's a huge mistake because the US market is far and away their biggest.

bigbarada
05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Anyway, if making the line less American hurts their US sales, then it's a huge mistake because the US market is far and away their biggest.

Plus, they'd have to worry about a backlash from annoyed American collectors who don't like the idea of "globalizing" GI Joe.

Anyways, that set looks awesome! Even though my first thought when I saw the packaged figures was, "Why is Snake-Eyes going to shoot Scooby-Doo?" lol Please tell me this is not going to be a convention exclusive.

JediTricks
05-20-2008, 04:55 PM
It's a convention exclusive, but probably will be available on HTS as well.

Darth Jax
05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
link (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=509246&postcount=27)

Not exactly what i was picturing when i reqested snake eyes, but close enough.

RUSHBOY
05-20-2008, 11:00 PM
If they make Tomax and Xamot in this new line I hope they keep them together!
That would be messed up if they separated them .

bigbarada
05-21-2008, 03:25 AM
I just want Mutt & Junkyard and Gung-Ho (as well as this Snake-Eyes & Timber set) for now. But I'm really open to anyone from GI Joe made in this format.

jedi master sal
05-29-2008, 08:39 AM
While GIJoe was originally a RAH, it's evolved. The movie will move it in that direction. Honestly, I don't think it's going to hurt sales for this particular line to call it "Combat Heroes" versus RAH.

People are still going to buy them. Joe collectors will still get them even if some do so begrudingly because of the name.

I don't think I'm going to get this line. While I did buy into the Marvel line, at least there my fiancee was into it. My fanaticism with GIJoe dies somewhere in the mid-80's. If I got this line, it would just be to have all the "Heroes" type figures and that's just not a good enough reason.

But I wish all of you well and good luck who are going to collect this line.

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 02:29 AM
While I don't have a problem not calling this line "RAH" because it's something else, I do have a problem taking the concept behind the 3.75"-derived toy line and taking the "ARAH" name out of it, that's part of the core concept. It's in the THEME SONG for corn's sake!

bigbarada
05-30-2008, 10:47 PM
A Real American Hero was specifically a reference to the 1980s incarnation of GI Joe. GI Joe existed for decades before that as generic military figures. The 1982 re-imagining of the line in 3 3/4" format gave us characters like Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke and Cobra Commander. And that reboot was called "A Real American Hero."

If they are going to take any reference to America out of it, then they need to just drop the name GI Joe, because that nickname was created specifically to refer to American soldiers fighting overseas in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. So, GI Joe should ONLY refer to an American-based fighting force. Not some multi-national UN garbage.

But this is to be expected because of the current state of world affairs. Hasbro made comparable changes in the 1960s because of the Vietnam war. Changing the theme from "war" to "adventure." Right now, we're involved in unpopular wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Hasbro's primary interest is profit so I can kind of understand why they would be dialing back the American Hero theme.

And in the end, it's just packaging that we are talking about. As long as they don't start replacing American flags with UN flags, I can overlook it.

Beast
06-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Some info on the line from various Q&A's. Relating to the SDCC Exclusive.

From TNI:

TNI: Will the Snake-Eyes and Timber Combat Heroes figures be exclusive to only SDCC or will they later be made available as part of a future Combat Heroes figure assortment?

Hasbro: This two pack will remain exclusive for ComiCon. If we use these figures again in the future, they will be different versions.
From Hiss Tank:

5)How will the Combat Heroes line be set up? Will we get both Classic Joes and Movie Joes?

A. Yes, the line will start off giving you classic expressions and transition to movie figures in 2009.

Beast
06-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Info on the first wave of G.I. Joe: Combat Heroes from HissTank.Com.

"The first wave of Combat Heroes will include Snake Eyes and Young Timber vs. Zartan. Bazooka Vs. Firefly. Duke vs. Cobra Trooper. More info and pictures on these items will be revealed tomorrow."

RUSHBOY
06-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Info on the first wave of G.I. Joe: Combat Heroes from HissTank.Com.

"The first wave of Combat Heroes will include Snake Eyes and Young Timber vs. Zartan. Bazooka Vs. Firefly. Duke vs. Cobra Trooper. More info and pictures on these items will be revealed tomorrow."

Sweet thanks for the info !! I will be getting all 3 of them with Snake eyes vs Zartan being my favorite !!

Jedi_slayer
06-29-2008, 02:29 AM
I wonder how long they make us wait before we get a Storm Shadow?

Beast
06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Small update. Here's the first whole wave. No pics as of yet.

Combat Heroes: Duke vs. Cobra Trooper
Combat Heroes: Snake Eyes & Young Timber vs. Zartan
Combat Heroes: RoadBlock vs. Cobra Commander
Combat Heroes: Bazooka vs. FireFly

MSRP is $5.99. The line was planned for 2009, but now will start in Early Fall.

Some of the pairings seem a bit odd. But I guess it's simply to encourage people to buy more than just their favorite characters. After all if Duke came with Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes came with Storm Shadow, that would be two less packs that might sell. Destro better come with Baroness though. :p

Beast
07-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Some images from Hasbro's Joe Con Presentation have shown up on TNI.

So we have our first look at two sets in the first wave.

Combat Heroes: Snake Eyes & Young Timber vs. Zartan
Combat Heroes: Bazooka vs. FireFly

Jedi_slayer
07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
this line is going to turn out so much better than the marvel line. Im sure we will get 20 snakeyes, like we get 20 spidermans. but thats ok, I like snake eyes. :D

El Chuxter
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Young Timber vs Devil's Due Zartan? Someone's timing is off! :crazed:

Wait, never mind; the purple threw me off. It's classic Zartan after all.

Oh, and Bazooka would get his a** kicked in that matchup.

bigbarada
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh, and Bazooka would get his a** kicked in that matchup.

Unless the fight takes place in the cartoon, then Bazooka would trip on a rock and shoot a tree that explodes into pieces and disturbs a beehive, then those bees swarm Firefly and he's forced to take cover in a nearby lake. Then Bazooka throws the rock in frustration, it lands in the lake, hits Firefly in the head and knocks him out cold. Bazooka wins!:D

El Chuxter
07-10-2008, 12:11 AM
True dat.

In the comics, though, Bazooka (who wasn't mentally challenged like in the cartoon) wouldn't know Firefly was there until he'd slit his throat from behind, gutted him like a deer in one slash, peed on his carcass, and then set off about 50 pounds of TNT to burn the evidence (and, well, just because he gets off on blowing stuff up).

(My mission is to get you to snatch up all the reprints once IDW starts releasing them. :D)

bigbarada
07-10-2008, 12:26 AM
True dat.

In the comics, though, Bazooka (who wasn't mentally challenged like in the cartoon) wouldn't know Firefly was there until he'd slit his throat from behind, gutted him like a deer in one slash, peed on his carcass, and then set off about 50 pounds of TNT to burn the evidence (and, well, just because he gets off on blowing stuff up).

(My mission is to get you to snatch up all the reprints once IDW starts releasing them. :D)

Well, I bet your precious comic books never showed Snake Eyes in drag...... oh wait, that would be a good thing.:p

Actually I'm looking forward to checking out the comics. Is IDW going to reprint them one issue at a time or in collected trade paperbacks? And how are those of us without a comic book store within 50 miles going to buy this comic?

They should do another Snake Eyes and Timber 2-pack, but put them in these outfits.:D

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 02:39 AM
I guess "exclusive" Snake Eyes was stretching things a bit. Same body, just green grenades and a different sword.

Beast
07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Here's some pics from TNI of the entire first wave.

Really love the sculpt of Duke and Cobra Commander. :)

bigbarada
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Those are all looking pretty cool and I'm having a very hard time not jumping on one of the SDCC Exclusive Snake-Eyes with Timber sets that are all over Ebay right now. With shipping, however, it's looking like $25-$30. I'm just worried that the price is going to skyrocket if I pass up on it now.

Beast
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Those are all looking pretty cool and I'm having a very hard time not jumping on one of the SDCC Exclusive Snake-Eyes with Timber sets that are all over Ebay right now. With shipping, however, it's looking like $25-$30. I'm just worried that the price is going to skyrocket if I pass up on it now.
They -should- be available on Hasbro Toy Shop after the show.

Hopefully they produced a ton, given how these show exclusives always sell out.

bigbarada
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I think I'll just take my chances after the show. If I have to pay more, then I'll just suck it up. Although that Snake Eyes is getting repainted and rereleased in the first wave of the figures, so in essence I'd be paying $25 for Timber. Hmmmm.... still.....

I will check out HTS after the show, however, thanks for the tip.:)

Darth Jax
07-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Give it time, you may not get the same paintjob as the con exclusive, but timber will show up packaged at retail down the road. The joe vs. cobra angle will be too difficult for hasbro to pass up the chance to do multi-packs if nothing else.

Beast
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
The SDCC Exclusive Snake Eyes and Timber set is now available at Hasbrotoyshop.com.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ID=22417

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
That sucks. He's less than he cost at the Con!

Oh yeah... shipping.

Beast
07-29-2008, 12:03 AM
That sucks. He's less than he cost at the Con!

Oh yeah... shipping.
What were they charging at the Con for him? $8.99?

El Chuxter
07-29-2008, 12:29 AM
$8.75. However, that included tax, so he'll be slightly more online unless you have a good promo code.

figrin bran
07-29-2008, 01:33 AM
"Comic10" will save you 10%.

I just ordered mine tonight as I couldn't spare the time while at SDCC for the Hasbro line. (Had Mattel's gone faster, I probably would've done both)

bigbarada
07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I ordered it from HTS but the Comic10 code didn't work for me. Ah well, it still cost less than $15 with shipping included. I would have paid at least $10 more if I had bought it off of Ebay last week.

Good thing I checked this thread this weekend, you guys saved me some money.:thumbsup:

Beast
07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
TNI has hi-res pictures of the first wave of G.I. Joe Combat Heroes.

The first wave is currently scheduled to hit in October. Can't wait.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=13301

Beast
08-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Got the Snake Eyes and Timber sets I ordered off HTS.

One for me and one for my brother. Really like the sets, though it wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped.

Especially for an exclusive, where you think they'd put a bit more care into.

The mold lines on Timber's face and body were a bit sloppy on both of mine, but not horrible. Snake Eyes was nice though. I think I prefer the look of the repaint one with Zartan better though. The green handgrenades look better. Even though someone mentioned the SDCC's exclusive having a more accurate sword.

bigbarada
08-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Got the Snake Eyes and Timber sets I ordered off HTS.

One for me and one for my brother. Really like the sets, though it wasn't as amazing as I'd hoped.

Especially for an exclusive, where you think they'd put a bit more care into.

The mold lines on Timber's face and body were a bit sloppy on both of mine, but not horrible. Snake Eyes was nice though. I think I prefer the look of the repaint one with Zartan better though. The green handgrenades look better. Even though someone mentioned the SDCC's exclusive having a more accurate sword.

Mine showed up today, I really like this set, but am going to have trouble not opening it. However, I also received a 1982 straight-arm Snake Eyes that I won on Ebay last week, so this SDCC set got a little overshadowed by that.

I'm really tempted to open this thing up, since I get bored of MOC figures pretty quick.

Beast
08-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I opened mine. I can't stand leaving most things in their plastic prisons. :D

Beast
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Cool!! Here's pics of Wave 2 of the G.I. Joe Combat Heroes.
I have to say, I think Wave 2 is way better than Wave 1. Love Baroness especially.

Beachhead and Baroness
Serpentor and Flint
Destro and Scarlet
Storm Shadow and Barbacue

El Chuxter
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Destro and Baroness are definitely the standouts, but the whole lineup looks great. I'd worry about them jumping sharks so early with the Serpentor, but it didn't hurt the 25th Anniversary line... and, besides, isn't he the cutest widdle cwoned psychopath you've ever seen?

Mindbender would rock in this line... but I'd still rather get a 3.75" Mindbender first.

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Dang, that is a MUCH better wave than wave 1. Tons of character and characters, the right blend of 'em. Gonna be a lot of Serpentor & Flint sets on shelves though, that is going to be the pegwarmer of the bunch, I guarantee.

Darth Jax
09-18-2008, 08:30 PM
you're worried about them jumping the shark with serpentor??? i'd be more concerned about the fact that bbq the firefighter is showing up this early.

El Chuxter
09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Barbecue is rooted in reality, though. Even Zartan is plausible. Serpentor is so far out in left field it defies any explanation. Plus, in the cartoon, Cobra Commander had him cloned to take his place? Huh?

He would've made a great Captain America villain, but was a bad fit in GIJoe. That's why Zartan killed him.

Beast
10-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Hasbro Toy Shop has the first wave of Combat Heroes up now. :)

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&SBR=694

$7.99. So it's a good time to use those 20% coupon codes.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Keep in mind, they're preorders and won't ship till November. Still, good find.

El Chuxter
10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
If they ship at all, given hasbrotoyshop.com's recent antics.

shortcat
10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I've seen series 1 of these at Walmart and Toys R Us already, so no need to wait

Beast
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I've seen series 1 of these at Walmart and Toys R Us already, so no need to wait
What was the price point at normal retail?

shortcat
10-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I didn't really take note of the price, since I'm not a Joe collector, but I think it was the same as all the other --- Heroes lines. $6.63 is what Walmart is asking for the Star Wars line, so it should be something close to that.

SmokedPorter
10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Still waiting for them to show up in stores here. No one I talk to seems to have any idea.

SmokedPorter
10-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I called my local Target up today & gave them the 9 digit product # for the Zartan/Snake-Eyes combo that I saw in someone's posted picture/receipt. They said they had it in the back and that I could come pick it up for purchase.

I got there, and upon checking, they said they're not allowed to put it out on the floor & sell it until tomorrow, October 19. I didn't know toys had strict street dates.

Darth Jax
10-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I got there, and upon checking, they said they're not allowed to put it out on the floor & sell it until tomorrow, October 19. I didn't know toys had strict street dates.

Most SW toys have a street date. Stores break it all the time. I've had some toys taken out of my hands at the register before because they were put on the shelves prior to their release date.

JediTricks
10-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Most SW toys don't have a street date, where did you hear that? Only new-release items like Clone Wars and special sets like Order 66 do. They're printed on the cases when they have 'em, and generally you only see it on Wave 1 items for movie release time.

Beast
10-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Most SW toys don't have a street date, where did you hear that? Only new-release items like Clone Wars and special sets like Order 66 do. They're printed on the cases when they have 'em, and generally you only see it on Wave 1 items for movie release time.
I assumed Target planned to have them in the Ad or something. But nyet.

I bet the employee was just too lazy to go get them.

Ji'dai
10-20-2008, 06:15 PM
My TRU still had a bunch of these on the pegs this afternoon.

figrin bran
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
What was the price point at normal retail?

I saw wave 1 at my local TRU this past Saturday. I believe they were 6.69 though I'm not 100% on that as I didn't buy any of them.

Generally I like the Hasbro heroes lines but I don't really want to sink a lot of money into this line.

Beast
10-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Action Figs has updated hi-res loose and carded pics all of the packs from Wave 2.

Looks like the early info we had for Wave 2 was wrong. Originally it was....

Beachhead and Baroness
Serpentor and Flint
Destro and Scarlet
Storm Shadow and Barbeque

The actual packs are...

Baroness and Flint
Beachhead and Serpentor
Destro and Scarlet
Barbeque and Storm Shadow

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=20&p2_articleid=2506

JediTricks
11-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Baroness is my favorite, they really got her design and attitude down - I hate when they do these sorts of figures and get the attitude wrong. Storm Shadow is second on my list.

Destro and Scarlett may backfire on them, it's going to outpace sales on the other sets.

Beast
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Apperantly the latest issue of the G.I. Joe Collector Magazine 'Master Collector' have a sneak peek of the Major Bludd Hero. No clue who he's packed with. I can't seem to find any pictures of it anywhere, so just a heads up if anyone happens to subscribe.

Beast
11-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, we now know who's in Wave 3. No pics as of yet though.

Commando Snake Eyes Vs. Cobra Viper
Shipwreck Vs. Crimson Guard
Lady Jaye Vs. Major Bludd
Gung Ho Vs. Cobra Commander (Hooded)

So, Snake Eyes is the Spider-Man of the line it seems.
Pretty happy we're getting the hooded Cobra Commander though.

SirSteve
11-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Don't forget, you can use CollectionStation.com (http://www.collectionstation.com/categories/view/2008.877/Combat-Heroes.1128) to keep track of what you Have and Want (and much more) from this line!

Beast
11-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Apperantly some clues to Wave 4 have shown up on store computers.

65356939179 Quick Kick vs B (BAT maybe?)
65356939180 Mutt Junkyard vs. ? (No Clue.)
65356939181 Snow Job vs. Tor (Torch maybe?)
65356939182 Rock Roll vs. C (Copperhead maybe?)

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 12:11 PM
i spotted the entire first wave of these this morning in Walmart. they look really cute but I'm not a major Galactic Heroes collector (only have about 10 or so) and not sure if I would want to get these sets.

i would have loved to see a Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow (not Zartan) but no dice, and I like the Firefly set but not the Bazooka with him.

this will be a wait and see for me

Beast
12-10-2008, 12:45 PM
There's a couple Combat Heroes print ads that show upcoming figures.

The size and quality arn't great. But it gives you some idea as to what Major Bludd and Lady Jaye from Wave 3 will look like. Hopefully we get a picture of the whole wave soon.

Beast
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
We finally have pics of Combat Heroes Wave 3.

Everything is looking great. Can't wait for this series. :)

1x Commando Snake Eyes Vs. Cobra Viper
1x Crimson Guard Vs. Shipwreck
1x Lady Jaye Vs. Major Bludd
1x Cobra Commander (Hooded) Vs. Gung Ho

El Chuxter
12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Those look more beautiful than the Mona Lisa reconstructed from ShamWows.

As for who's with Quick-Kick and Snow Job, I'm wagering your BAT guess is probably right. Copperhead seems a bit more obscure... but, then, so does Snow Job. Since it's just a "C," I'd guess Cobra _____. Cobra Officer, maybe? The uniform is different from the basic Trooper, especially if they do the gray version.

bigbarada
01-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I just found the entire first wave of these figures at my Wal-Mart for $1 each. I hadn't bought any of these yet and didn't have any problem at all finding a complete set (in fact I probably could have put together 5 or 6 complete sets).

Are these figure really selling that poorly? That doesn't seem to bode well for the upcoming waves.

Darth Jax
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
i've seen both wave 1 & 2, and at least around me they seemed to be moving ok.

figrin bran
01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I bought Destro/Scarlett and Barbecue/Storm Shadow the other day. My only prior purchase from the line was the SDCC SE/Timber and I didn't really want to make it a line that I'd collect extensively but I was pleasantly surprised at all the articulation the figures have compared to Galactic and Robot Heroes.

bigbarada
01-28-2009, 11:19 PM
I just opened my sets up yesterday and I'm actually really happy with them. How long has wave 2 been out?

Darth Jax
01-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I just opened my sets up yesterday and I'm actually really happy with them. How long has wave 2 been out?

i first saw them about a week ago.

bigbarada
01-29-2009, 12:46 AM
i first saw them about a week ago.

Okay, so they're just showing up for the most part. So I guess I can wait a bit before deciding to order them online. I was reading through the previous posts here and saw that people were reporting wave 1 showing up in October and I didn't see them around here until December. So at this rate, I'll probably see wave 2 around March..... hmmm, maybe ordering them online wouldn't be such a bad idea.

bigbarada
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I went ahead and order the Flint/Baroness and Destro/Scarlet sets off of Amazon and I'm glad I didn't wait to find these in stores. They're awesome!

Flint is probably my favorite right now. Scarlet and Baroness are great, but I'm having trouble getting them to stay standing; but I think that's mainly because of being warped from the packaging. Destro is cool too, but I can never really get excited about any Destro figure that doesn't have a vac-metalized head.

I think I will go ahead and order the Barbecue/Stormshadow set; but I'll pass on the Serpentor/Beachhead set. For now, I'm going to focus only on characters from season 1 of the cartoon.

bigbarada
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Apperantly some clues to Wave 4 have shown up on store computers.

65356939179 Quick Kick vs B (BAT maybe?)
65356939180 Mutt Junkyard vs. ? (No Clue.)
65356939181 Snow Job vs. Tor (Torch maybe?)
65356939182 Rock Roll vs. C (Copperhead maybe?)

Snow Job would be a cool figure, I'm hoping they put him on skis. I'm betting Mutt & Junkyard will come with a smaller figure, unless they make Junkyard a puppy like they did with Timber. In that case, my guess would be Ripper. I don't know why, I just think they would try to get the Dreadnoks out of the way as soon as possible.

The B... with Quick Kick could also be Buzzer. The only other Cobra with a name that starts with B is Baroness and they just released her.

I just hope we don't start seeing Cobra-La figures too soon.

El Chuxter
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Given the way store computers sometimes use a strange shorthand, it could be Bludd.

bigbarada
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Given the way store computers sometimes use a strange shorthand, it could be Bludd.

But it looks like Major Bludd is coming in wave 3.

Beast
02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Here's some first looks at the Combat Heroes movie line.

Looks like the sets will be as follows..

Snake Eyes w/ Neo-Viper
Duke (Armored) w/ Baroness
Ripcord w/ Destro
Duke (Uniform) w/ Cobra Commander

HUGE WARNING - The Cobra Commander set has pretty major spoilers.

bigbarada
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Here's some first looks at the Combat Heroes movie line.

Looks like the sets will be as follows..

Snake Eyes w/ Neo-Viper
Duke (Armored) w/ Baroness
Ripcord w/ Destro
Duke (Uniform) w/ Cobra Commander

HUGE WARNING - The Cobra Commander set has pretty major spoilers.

Even the logo is monochromatic. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we'll get any more non-movie Combat Heroes waves, before these start rotting on the shelves? Past wave 4 that is.

Beast
02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Not to mention Wave 3. Since they put the classic line on hold for the movie.

bigbarada
02-11-2009, 04:41 PM
What's the street date on these movie toys again? I'm wondering if the reason I'm not seeing any new GI Joe figures is because the stores in my area are assuming that the street date applies to ALL new GI Joe toys.

Beast
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
What's the street date on these movie toys again? I'm wondering if the reason I'm not seeing any new GI Joe figures is because the stores in my area are assuming that the street date applies to ALL new GI Joe toys.
I have no clue what the street date is for Joe.

If it's anything like the Wolverine movie toys, 2 months before the film.

El Chuxter
02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I've heard May, but no specific date.

Unfortunately, that CC confirms the "Doctor" pic was legit. :(

bigbarada
02-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I've heard May, but no specific date.

Unfortunately, that CC confirms the "Doctor" pic was legit. :(

I think I know which picture you are talking about and that was one of the things that made me decide that I would not be seeing this movie in the theaters. However, two hopeful things about those sets are the mask on Destro and the lack of a defined mouth on Snake-Eyes (at least on the package art).

However, if they can't even make the characters look remotely interesting in Combat Heroes format, then this movie is doomed.

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Even the logo is monochromatic. :rolleyes:Good point, pretty lame.

Unfortunately, that CC confirms the "Doctor" pic was legit. :(Yeah, that's got to be the last straw for anybody who cared still.

However, if they can't even make the characters look remotely interesting in Combat Heroes format, then this movie is doomed.Totally true! This line looks like a total snore because the product they're coming from does.

bigbarada
02-16-2009, 06:17 PM
So, were waves 3 and 4 of Combat Heroes shown at Toy Fair? I know they showed the crappy movie stuff, but why no pictures of the next two waves of classic GI Joe CH figures before the movie stuff starts rotting on the shelves?

Beast
03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Hopefully this just means that we'll see the regular figures return after the movie ones.

From AFI:

Q1: Is the third wave of GI Joe Combat Heroes (Lady Jaye wave) still being released?
A1: No, this wave has been canceled, but we are looking at using the figures later in the line.

bigbarada
03-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Hopefully this just means that we'll see the regular figures return after the movie ones.

From AFI:

Q1: Is the third wave of GI Joe Combat Heroes (Lady Jaye wave) still being released?
A1: No, this wave has been canceled, but we are looking at using the figures later in the line.

According to this answer, they've just postponed them until later in the year:

Q: We've seen images of Combat Heroes wave 3 on the net and information about wave 4 has been showing up in some store computers. However, neither wave 3 or 4 of the classic Combat Heroes 2-packs were seen at Toy Fair. We understand that you were trying to promote the upcoming movie, but can we just get some reassurance that waves 3 and 4 are on the way and will be in stores before the movie toys hit? Maybe also a listing of what all characters are in wave 4?

A: Only 2 waves of Combat Heroes will make it to shelf before the movie and then they will switch over to the movie look. Look for the unreleased Wave 3 figures later in the year.

Either way, it stinks. :upset:

Beast
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
According to this answer, they've just postponed them until later in the year:

Either way, it stinks. :upset:
Agreed. Especially since the movie ones do almost nothing for me.

Beast
05-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Ok, I'm posting this cause it's pretty cool....

BUT.... the item may have been shelved. We won't know for sure. There is a possibility it'll be released in conjunction with the G.I. Joe movie. Like that repaint 5-Pack for Transformers was back when the first film opened. Apperantly there's a Joe Team pack as well, but no pics have surfaced.

Really like the black Cobra Commander and gold Destro. Can't tell for sure what the differences are with Baroness though. The cool aspect is the twins Tomax and Xamot, who are exclusive to the set. So hopefully it gets released after all when Joe Toys hit the shelves on July 11th.

El Chuxter
05-22-2009, 02:39 PM
She's wearing blue (like the original comic appearances, but a bit weird given that Destro and CC are sporting black in this set). I thought I'd seen something on Wal-Mart's site about it before, but nada now.

Beast
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
She's wearing blue (like the original comic appearances, but a bit weird given that Destro and CC are sporting black in this set). I thought I'd seen something on Wal-Mart's site about it before, but nada now.
Ahh, you're right! I didn't even notice that she was in blue.

Beast
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Here's pics of Wave 2 of the Movie Combat Heroes.

I have to say the Arctic Snake Eyes and Ice-Viper isn't bad. More Classic Joe than Movie Joe. Some of the Vipers are actually very cool. Might be decent to fill out the ranks until the Classic Joe stuff comes back.

Abel "Breaker" Shaz and Storm Shadow
Shana "Scarlett" O'Hara and Neo-Viper
Conrad "Duke" Hauser and Para-Viper
Snake Eyes and Ice-Viper

El Chuxter
05-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Why didn't they at least try to come up with an Arabic name with a slight resemblance to "Alvin Kibbey"?

Beast
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Also, here's two Wave 1 sets that I missed originally.

Heavy Duty and Storm Shadow
General Clayton "Hawk" Abernathy and Cobra Viper

Beast
05-31-2009, 03:05 PM
A short time ago, I posted a Cobra 5-Pack that's exclusive to Wally World that featured repaints of Cobra Commander, Baroness, and Destro along with new figures of Tomax and Xamot. I mentioned that there was a Joe version also, but pictures hadn't turned up yet. Well.... here they are.

Hopefully Wal-Mart will have both 5 packs when the G.I. Joe stuff hits retail for the movie.

Repaint Duke (Dark Green Shirt & Tan Pants - New Arm w/ Flag)
Repaint Snake-Eyes (Black Costume)
Repaint Beachead (Grey Gloves)
Wild Bill (NEW!)
Stalker (NEW!)

SmokedPorter
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Anyone in Canada here? There's been reports of people finding Wave 3 (in Winnipeg at least). I'd do anything to get my hands on Wave 3. They look fantastic.

Beast
07-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Anyone in Canada here? There's been reports of people finding Wave 3 (in Winnipeg at least). I'd do anything to get my hands on Wave 3. They look fantastic.
Yeah, I just heard that. I'm tempted to try to get a set as well.

SmokedPorter
09-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I was able to get Wave 3 after paying a pretty penny for 'em. Anyone else have any luck?