PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 51

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on May 30th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 50 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1320); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=619646#post619646).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The recent Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
- With 2 of the finalists in the most recent Saga Legends fans choice poll being from the Battle of Geonosis - Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor - might Hasbro consider releasing a second Battlepack focused on the Geonosis Arena battle containing those 2 figures? Pablo-Jill could use some actual leg articulation and this would be a good time to add it to the figure, you could also include a retooled Nikto Jedi (his actual name is Fi-ek Sirch) since he was in the scene but the figure was nearly unarticulated, and of course the prerequisite core characters that each Battlepack needs. This would make a nice counterpart to the first Geonosis Battlepack, plus it'd get some popular figures re-released.
- This question comes up quite a bit, so here goes. With the Indiana Jones line, will you be making another deluxe German Motorcycle, one that comes with a sidecar and perhaps Henry Jones sr.? Good way to reuse a few molds and get something new and desired into collectors hands.
- From the Indy line, any plans for more Marion Ravenwood figures such as Marion in white dress, Marion from the bar scene, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Marion? It'd be a good chance to work on the character's likeness, which the current figure doesn't capture all that well.
- Might we ever get a Grievous figure as he appeared in ROTS when he was running from Obi-Wan on Utapau, where he inverted and ran on his arms, turning into a scorpion-like appearance?
- Word on the street (proverbially) is that the Titanium Series SW line is hanging by a thread and in danger of being canceled despite Hasbro's recent assurances that the line would go on through 2009. 2008 wave 4 has vanished from pre-orders, and store computers look unfortunately empty. What is going on? Is this just an SKU changeover, or something more drastic? If the line is continuing, what will we be seeing this year? When you said there were "12 all new tools for the Fall", did that mean 12 vehicles in just the Fall or for everything leading up to the Fall including vehicles currently out? And does that include Battlestar Galactica, is there anything new there?
- For years, fans have wanted a resizing/upgrading of the Millennium Falcon and, HOORAY!, now Hasbro has delivered one. Under ideal circumstances, what other vehicles would Hasbro consider resizing/upgrading? What would it take, under this train of thinking, for Hasbro to resize the AT-AT, for example?
- With the ROTS line, we got a couple vehicles that have removable droid slots, but due to some issues, the droids don't actually work that well with them. Both ships have enjoyed repaints, the Jedi Starfighter almost too many to count, so there are plenty of droid slots in collectors' hands which don't actually accommodate astromech droid figures. The ARC-170 holds the figure too high and so loose that play is hampered; the JSF also holds the figure too high and the mold cavity doesn't actually have enough room to accommodate the feet despite trying; and those aren't the only vehicles with droid slot issues - the Naboo Fighter and Y-wing suffer dedicated droid domes instead of actual droid slots. Granted, Lucas approved prequel designs that "bend" physics to get astromechs into their slots, but with the figures I've experimented with this and found many astromech droids would fit if only they didn't have their feet. But collectors shouldn't have to hack off their droids' feet, so might Hasbro consider making a "pilot" astromech body that could have removable lower legs, perhaps for the Naboo Fighter separately removable legs as well?
- A great debate is now raging in the halls of collectordom over your battle damaged Darth Vader figure from The Force Unleashed, some folks dig it while others revile it for various reasons. While most of the disagreements can be chalked up to differences in points of view, there's one aspect to the figure which nobody can fathom: Vader's left foot. Granted, Vader got really tore up here, but why did that make his foot noticeably bigger than the boot on his right foot, isn't this left foot supposed to go IN the boot? What's the reasoning for this (real-world justification?), and what's your in-universe excuse (TARDIS boot?)?
- Did the recent 7.9 earthquake in China affect any of the factories that make the figures? Will the earthquake cause any delays in shipments of figures, or affect anything related to Hasbro's production?
- With the July 26th street date for the new Star Wars lines, this comes during the most popular day of San Diego Comic-Con (midnight madness is the night after SDCC's Star Wars day). Many of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and won't have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out. Will HasbroToyShop's SDCC booth be offering any of the new lines' items?
- In a recent Q&A, you stated that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your "definitive" Vader, you are having a hard time coming up with more features to add to the character. However, one area still needs addressing, that of his battle-damaged removable hand. In the movie, Luke cuts it off at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to sport glove articulation which is further back than wrist and can't be popped off to simulate this damage. While a small issue, it does hold the figure back from being definitive. Will it see a change in the future, perhaps as a running change, or a re-release? Also, what about definitive versions for each movie, since the costume changes?
- Recently you said that there's a very, good chance of us getting Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-Chair. Would this have the actual removable chair part as well (the part we see Nute Gunray sitting in), or just the holo-projector part? If it had the chair part, would Nute come with this (seeing as there's no Nute figure that can sit in a chair), or would a Nute figure be offered later?
- What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indiana Jones figures, maybe as HasbroToyShop exclusives? Some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing on their own without a lot of futzing.
- Regarding the Indy line, photos have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) and without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual production Deluxe set come with the hat? Was the figure based on film-inacccurate production stills or something similar?
- Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, some fans would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ thrones. Will we ever see the Skeleton w/ throne offered at mass retail, once the mail-in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack, maybe with another army builder such as the Russian Soldier also from KotCS?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
By the way, there was a tie for 6th place between 2 questions - the one about how to get other big vehicles, and the Galactic Heroes question. Honestly, I wanted to ask the former more, but the latter had been waiting to get asked longer and made Q&A more diverse.

And as you can see, I moved the voting into the new line's forum.

Kidhuman
05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
11 for now, more later

Battle Droid
05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
11 for now.

sebillba
05-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Cool, 5 out of my 6 choices got picked. :thumbsup: Not much else I'm really interested in from what's left, but I'll vote for 9 and 10 for now.

Another potential question (not particularly interesting, but I have Indy Fever!!):

The deluxe Indiana Jones figures with mini playsets are a very welcome addition to the line, but why is the Temple Trap Indy missing his satchel? This may seem like a minor nitpick, but this is the only jacketed Indy released so far that doesn't have this accessory, yet the set depicts an iconic scene in which he clearly wears it. There is even a photo on the cardback showing the satchel slung across his shoulder, so it seems an odd omission on this figure.

evenflow
05-17-2008, 03:17 PM
8, 9, 10, 11

jediguy
05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
4, 7, 11, 14

Battle Droid
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
New question,

Will the Saga Legends Separatist Droids and Jedi come with clone trooper gear or gear that they specifically use?

Blue2th
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll vote for 11
(suprised this wasn't one of the questions last go around though probaly because it was late in the game)
and 12
(because it's sweetened with a BSG Titanium question)

JediTricks
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Question 15 added

I had to do it, I just had to.

Cool, 5 out of my 6 choices got picked. :thumbsup: Not much else I'm really interested in from what's left, but I'll vote for 9 and 10 for now.So, you want to vote for 5, 6, 9, and 10? ;)

Another potential question (not particularly interesting, but I have Indy Fever!!):

The deluxe Indiana Jones figures with mini playsets are a very welcome addition to the line, but why is the Temple Trap Indy missing his satchel? This may seem like a minor nitpick, but this is the only jacketed Indy released so far that doesn't have this accessory, yet the set depicts an iconic scene in which he clearly wears it. There is even a photo on the cardback showing the satchel slung across his shoulder, so it seems an odd omission on this figure.They did the same thing on the Cairo whip-action Indy as well. The answer is because they're cheapskates. Do you really want me to delver further merely to confirm that?

New question,

Will the Saga Legends Separatist Droids and Jedi come with clone trooper gear or gear that they specifically use?Clone gear, Hasbro already confirmed this and pictures just hit today showing it.

I'll vote for 11
(suprised this wasn't one of the questions last go around though probaly because it was late in the game)Pretty much, yeah. In a normal round, it would have had enough votes to make it actually, but last round we had a great deal of votes.

El Chuxter
05-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Can we bring up a few examples where they gave an answer that was very shortly proven to be untrue, but no discernible reason for secrecy exists (the pointblank-denied Combat Heroes that were unveiled this week being the most recent example, but the Falcon being another big recent one), then ask them how large their noses have grown since they started the Q&A? ;)

(I'm kidding. Though I wish there were a polite way to tell them that it makes our enthusiasm for the Q&A go down if we have no idea whether their answers are true or misinformation, since they seem to lie quite often.)

master J
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I'll vote for 9 & 10 for now.

JediTricks
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Can we bring up a few examples where they gave an answer that was very shortly proven to be untrue, but no discernible reason for secrecy exists (the pointblank-denied Combat Heroes that were unveiled this week being the most recent example, but the Falcon being another big recent one), then ask them how large their noses have grown since they started the Q&A? ;)

(I'm kidding. Though I wish there were a polite way to tell them that it makes our enthusiasm for the Q&A go down if we have no idea whether their answers are true or misinformation, since they seem to lie quite often.)
Combat Heroes is a different team, so no way I'm asking that.

As for the Falcon, you're spinning it in your head to be something it's not, we got answers that suggested negative responses but left room for wiggle which they could later exploit. Example:
ActionFigs, Oct 6th, 2006:

What are the chances of Hasbro producing a Millennium Falcon vehicle that's actually in-scale (1/18th) with the action figures? If not, what about at least an all-new, larger Falcon with more interior play areas?
A true-scale MF would be huge. A more likely reality - and we have only discussed this - is that we would do a new one someday. The likelihood of this happening would be enhanced if the MF were featured in the new animation of TV show.
Notice they don't say no, they say they're talking about it only, but they'd like to do one some day. And that chances would go up if it were in the show.

Then there's this answer on April 4th of this year:

ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk: A few fan sites have been touting alleged pics of the rumoured Millennium Falcon re-do. Do pics exist? Can we see them? Is this just wishful fan-boy thinking - or is the product actually in development / production?
Hasbro: The pics that we could see - all based on wishful thinking - were of previous model kits or Code 3 product. We have not done anything to encourage hope that a new Millennium Falcon is in the works.
Now, look at that answer, it's very specific to pictures out at that time, and that at that time they hadn't done anything to ENCOURAGE HOPE, not that they weren't making one, but that they weren't getting people's hopes up. It's crafty.

How about this one from August 17th, 2007:

JediInsider.com: If you had the opportunity to re-design the Millenium Falcon toy from scratch, what is one thing you would want to incorporate that was not on the original toy?
Hasbro: Hah - that's a great question. While there were a variety of responses from our team when questioned, the #1 answer seems to be room in the cockpit to fit four figures and actual smuggling compartments. Sorry, that's two things, but we can always dream, can't we?
Sure, it sounds like they're saying the Falcon is just a pipe dream, but look at how it's worded, they're talking about dreaming of having 2 first-place choices.

Look at this answer from Nov 3rd, 2006, this is where it really shows you how the fans can mess things up:

Yakface.com: You recently said you won't be doing a new Falcon unless it appears in the cartoon, what if it appears in the live-action show will you do one then?
Hasbro: We don't know anything about the TV series yet. If the Falcon is in there, and it's a focus of the series, we would certainly like to look at the opportunity.
Now, did Hasbro actually say they wouldn't be doing a new Falcon unless it appeared in the cartoon? No, Yak is talking about the answer we got on AF, but the fans have twisted Hasbro's answer to say something it's not, and Hasbro has simply chosen not to correct them because that too would give undue hope.

Now if you had asked me about their short, inaccurate answers on the animated figures, I might have gone with it, but we actually already took them to task on that and their response was equally inaccurate. Later, another site took it from a different approach and Hasbro basically laid the cards on the table, saying it was input from Lucasfilm.

El Chuxter
05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Okay, I am mis-remembering the Falcon. It does make the whole thing seem less... fun, if there's a 33% chance they'll say "no comment," a 33% chance of misinformation, a 33% chance they'll answer only part of the question, and a 1% chance of a real, straightforward answer.

(I'm stretching the numbers for dramatic effect, but that's how it feels sometimes when I'm reading their answers.)

sebillba
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
They did the same thing on the Cairo whip-action Indy as well. The answer is because they're cheapskates. Do you really want me to delver further merely to confirm that?

I guess not. I anticipated a cost cutting answer (though I don't really buy that - you get more for your buck in the Temple Pitfall set), but I just wanted more Indy questions. :p

Kidhuman
05-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Okay, I am mis-remembering the Falcon.

Wow, you just went Roger Clemens

Kidhuman
05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Gobot, you know where and what.

Add me in for #15. Also could you add:

the Right eye piece of the helmet is in the middle of his head. Is that the reason he got his a** whipped because he couldnt see right?

joshephe
05-20-2008, 11:53 AM
12 for now

Bib Un-Fortuna
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
11 & 15.

Possible new question - I'm not sure if this has been answered anywhere before . . .

As the TAC comes to a close with the last Legends & TFU figures, we say goodbye to some very nice packaging of the 3 3/4" figures. The best part of the packaging was the sometimes awesome but always impressive artwork that you used for the images on the card front. Who did this artwork? Was it farmed out to outside illustrators or done in-house? Was there more than one person? If so, can we get a list of who did each image? Any chances of getting prints or collections of the card artwork available for purchase? Thanks!

mtriv73
05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
This (http://www.galactichunter.com/blogger/?p=115) ticks me off. If Hasbro does kick GH out of the Questions for Hasbro program I really think we should boycott it as well and ask other sites to do the same. All they did was crack a story that was major news because Hasbro couldn't keep a lid on their own information.

If they want to punish someone in their own company fine and good, but don't punish a fan or a group of fans for posting information they had to leak in the first place. It's not like Adam broke into Hasbro headquarters or a factory in China, he had to be given the info from a source at least connected to Hasbro.

I really don't think my suggestion will fly, but it is something to consider when more facts are known about the situation.

P.S. It's fantastic that he won the get a figure of yourself promotion from target though. You've got to love Karma.

El Chuxter
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Link not working. :(

mtriv73
05-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Link not working. :(

Wow, he took it down. Okay, if they're retracting what they're saying then I retract what I said.

When it was up, the link described punitive actions hasbro was allegedly going to take against GH for breaking the falcon story. They we're allegedly going to not allow them to ask questions anymore, not allow them into the presentation at comic-con, and not invite them to toyfair. Hopefully they're all acting like grown-ups again.

bigbarada
05-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Wow, he took it down. Okay, if they're retracting what they're saying then I retract what I said.

When it was up, the link described punitive actions hasbro was allegedly going to take against GH for breaking the falcon story. They we're allegedly going to not allow them to ask questions anymore, not allow them into the presentation at comic-con, and not invite them to toyfair. Hopefully they're all acting like grown-ups again.

Why, what's wrong with Hasbro's actions? GalacticHunter crossed the line and posted information before they should have. That's irresponsible journalism, Hasbro's fully within their rights to take action against them.

El Chuxter
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Well, in fairness, I think Hasbro was pretty p***ed at this very site for leaking pictures of TPM figures in late 1998.

bigbarada
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
My point is that the questions that Hasbro answers and allowing fan sites access to Comic-Con and ToyFair are privileges not inalienable rights. So, those fan sites that don't respect Hasbro's need for privacy and discretion deserve to lose those privileges.

It's ridiculous to think that Hasbro is in the wrong here. If a fan site abuses their privileges, then Hasbro is fully within their rights to stop doing them favors.

I think it'd be better to start talking about boycotting GalacticHunter, because Hasbro could just as easily lock out ALL fan sites because of GH's irresponsibility.

jediguy
05-22-2008, 01:11 AM
I have some new questions to submit:

Did the earthquake in China affect any of the manufacturing plants that make the figures?
Will the earthquake cause any delays in shipments of figures, or affect anything related to Hasbro's production?

please feel free to reword it accordingly

thanks JT

mtriv73
05-22-2008, 04:07 PM
My point is that the questions that Hasbro answers and allowing fan sites access to Comic-Con and ToyFair are privileges not inalienable rights. So, those fan sites that don't respect Hasbro's need for privacy and discretion deserve to lose those privileges.

It's ridiculous to think that Hasbro is in the wrong here. If a fan site abuses their privileges, then Hasbro is fully within their rights to stop doing them favors.

I think it'd be better to start talking about boycotting GalacticHunter, because Hasbro could just as easily lock out ALL fan sites because of GH's irresponsibility.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree with parts of it. I also don't think Hasbro in the wrong, nor do I think taking alleged punitive actions is in the right. It's not like this is the Valerie Plame case where leaking info could get people killed. It's about a person who got pictures of a new toy that had been rumored for months and posted about it. If I'd stumbled on something like that (which is so unlikely that it borders on being impossible) I would certainly post about asap. Also, as far as we know, Hasbro never issued a gag order about toys they haven't first announced so I don't see how Adam's actions can be viewed as irresponsible. He was simply reporting information he was given and refused to give up his source. Freedom of the press is freedom of the press no matter how trivial the news might be.

bigbarada
05-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I respect your opinion, but I disagree with parts of it. I also don't think Hasbro in the wrong, nor do I think taking alleged punitive actions is in the right. It's not like this is the Valerie Plame case where leaking info could get people killed. It's about a person who got pictures of a new toy that had been rumored for months and posted about it. If I'd stumbled on something like that (which is so unlikely that it borders on being impossible) I would certainly post about asap. Also, as far as we know, Hasbro never issued a gag order about toys they haven't first announced so I don't see how Adam's actions can be viewed as irresponsible. He was simply reporting information he was given and refused to give up his source. Freedom of the press is freedom of the press no matter how trivial the news might be.

However, if the "press" in this case is in the habit of receiving special favors from a company like Hasbro and they pull a stunt like this, then they should fully expect to have those special favors revoked. I don't think Hasbro should take any legal action against GH, but to simply not allow them to ask questions or deny their access to Comic Con or ToyFair is not the same thing.

Freedom of the Press doesn't mean that the press isn't responsible for their actions.

And yes, if I had received the information, then I would have posted it; but I'm just a single fan, not a website that relies on Hasbro's generosity to provide new information on upcoming toys.

JediTricks
05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Question 16 added.

Okay, I am mis-remembering the Falcon. It does make the whole thing seem less... fun, if there's a 33% chance they'll say "no comment," a 33% chance of misinformation, a 33% chance they'll answer only part of the question, and a 1% chance of a real, straightforward answer.

(I'm stretching the numbers for dramatic effect, but that's how it feels sometimes when I'm reading their answers.)IMO, that's as much your bias as it is anything. I have to collect these answers and a large majority are at least partially informative, over half, and when called on their mistakes they usually cop to them. Some answers are not as complete as we'd like, but there are corporate realities at play so sometimes there are things to be understood. I think expectations are part of the problem.

I guess not. I anticipated a cost cutting answer (though I don't really buy that - you get more for your buck in the Temple Pitfall set), but I just wanted more Indy questions. :pWell, we're still willing to ask Indy questions, I'd just rather they be ones that won't get pat answers, I hate their pat answers.

Add me in for #15. Also could you add:

the Right eye piece of the helmet is in the middle of his head. Is that the reason he got his a** whipped because he couldnt see right?I believe that's accurate to how the helmet fits the actors, it fits loosely so it slumps down, and the wearer tilts up. Look at how Shaw's mouth was at the end of ROTJ, much higher in the helmet because he was tilting his head up. But I guess I'll try to shoehorn this in if you don't agree.

As the TAC comes to a close with the last Legends & TFU figures, we say goodbye to some very nice packaging of the 3 3/4" figures. The best part of the packaging was the sometimes awesome but always impressive artwork that you used for the images on the card front. Who did this artwork? Was it farmed out to outside illustrators or done in-house? Was there more than one person? If so, can we get a list of who did each image? Any chances of getting prints or collections of the card artwork available for purchase? Thanks!They won't give us names, their policy is not to give any employee names during Q&A. We've asked them about releasing alternate versions of the card art, they were taken aback and didn't really think that was going to happen. As for other answers...

Oct 26, 07:
GalacticHunter.com: Many fans are enthralled by the 30th Anniversary Collection's cardback art. Would Hasbro ever consider posting some nice print-quality artwork on StarWars.Hasbro.com for collectors to download? It's beautiful art, and it shouldn't be marred by sliced-off bubbles.
Hasbro: Thanks. That is a great suggestion and we will look into that possibility.

Sept 14, 07:
Rebelscum.com: Many fans (myself included) are cutting the bubbles off of the TAC cards to save the cards due to the visually stunning artwork. Is there any way that you could make just the cards, with no bubbles attached, available to the fans ala the figure stands now on your website?
Hasbro: We hadn't considered that, and it's probably not something we would plan on doing since our gut is that is is a very small subset of collectors, relative to those who buy figures, that would want such a set. We prefer to stay focused on figures and accessories for figure collecting.

Aug 17, 07:
Yakface.com: Dear Hasbro, how do you come up with the character illustrations on the cardbacks of the Thirtieth Anniversary collection if there is not photorealistic version of a particular character? I'm especially thinking of Roron Corobb, Clone Wars Yoda, and the Nelvaan Anakin. There are even cases where the character is in the films, but you've created a new image for them, such as smuggler Lando. Do you cobble together existing images or do you have an art department that uses new photographs?
Hasbro: When artwork doesn't exist in exactly the format we need (as is the case for EU and Clone Wars figures), we direct professional illustrators on what we are looking for that will work in the space allotted for the artwork on the figure card. This involves supplying the illustrator with enough reference so they can work with it, and also working with Lucasfilm to make sure that the reference is consistent to what is known of the characters.
Think you can re-craft the question to deal with all that? LMK.

This (http://www.galactichunter.com/blogger/?p=115) ticks me off. If Hasbro does kick GH out of the Questions for Hasbro program I really think we should boycott it as well and ask other sites to do the same. All they did was crack a story that was major news because Hasbro couldn't keep a lid on their own information.

If they want to punish someone in their own company fine and good, but don't punish a fan or a group of fans for posting information they had to leak in the first place. It's not like Adam broke into Hasbro headquarters or a factory in China, he had to be given the info from a source at least connected to Hasbro.

I really don't think my suggestion will fly, but it is something to consider when more facts are known about the situation.

P.S. It's fantastic that he won the get a figure of yourself promotion from target though. You've got to love Karma.

When it was up, the link described punitive actions hasbro was allegedly going to take against GH for breaking the falcon story. They we're allegedly going to not allow them to ask questions anymore, not allow them into the presentation at comic-con, and not invite them to toyfair. Hopefully they're all acting like grown-ups again.Still haven't seen the actual article as the link is dead.

However, if accurate, it's not even remotely a surprise, as that's EXACTLY what they did to SSG when Steve put up the first images of the Ep 1 figures back in November of '98, for years Steve was cut out of all that stuff. And it is their right to not welcome them into their press-only materials such as Q&A and Toy Fair. I highly doubt they could eject them from the Comic-Con presentation though as that's open to the public.

Why, what's wrong with Hasbro's actions? GalacticHunter crossed the line and posted information before they should have. That's irresponsible journalism, Hasbro's fully within their rights to take action against them.That's not accurate, GH has every right to publish news that Hasbro would rather they not have leaked, GH is not contractually obligated to hold anything back. It's not at all irresponsible to post news like that, but Hasbro has every right to establish consequences for it too when it comes to access to their press materials and activities.

I think it'd be better to start talking about boycotting GalacticHunter, because Hasbro could just as easily lock out ALL fan sites because of GH's irresponsibility.While it's Hasbro's right to not include GH in any further press activities, I think the attitude you're presenting here is all wrong. The Q&A is a privilege, but also free marketing for Hasbro and representative of the company, they legally cannot lie in the Q&A because these are taken as news outlets and anything they say in news outlets can affect investing choices. Hasbro's need for privacy is internal, it's not a matter of the security or good of the customers. GH abused no privileges with this reporting that we know of, there's no reason to boycott GH and Hasbro's not likely to halt Q&A for everybody over what 1 site reported on outside the Q&A.

I have some new questions to submit:

Did the earthquake in China affect any of the manufacturing plants that make the figures?
Will the earthquake cause any delays in shipments of figures, or affect anything related to Hasbro's production?

please feel free to reword it accordingly

thanks JT

As I understand it, the earthquake was in southwest China, while manufacturing is in eastern areas. I'll add it though, and it doesn't need much changing. Vote counted.

Kidhuman
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
JT, I was joking about the eye socket add on and getting his but kicked. But if you want to afdd that it is also in the middle of his forehead be my guest

El Chuxter
05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I think sometimes you take my comments a little too seriously. :p

Maybe our expectations are high. But, to me, that seems like part of the unspoken contract of a Q&A. The short of it is, don't take questions if you're not going to answer them as honestly and fully as possible.

And regarding, "there are corporate realities at play so sometimes there are things to be understood," what is so dangerous about their plans? They love the Secret Squirrel business. I can understand some things need to be kept secret, but they sometimes act like, were information about a large Millennium Falcon to leak out, Mattel might beat them to it. I honestly don't get the impression from them a lot of the time that they know they have a recognized, legal monopoly on Star Wars toys due to the nature of their license agreement.

darth_robb
05-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Here is a new question.

Will any of the new planned release items for July 26 be offered at Comic Con? May of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and may not have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Inspired by another site's question:

You recently stated in a Q&A that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your new "definitive" Vader and you are having a hard time coming up with new features to add. However, one issue that needs addressing is his removable hand. In the film, Luke cuts off Vader's hand at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to be the same as the Evolutions Vader, meaning that his hand is articulated at the glove, not at the wrist. This means that in, say, dioramas of Luke taking off Vader's helmet, the right arm would be messed up and inaccurate. Though this may seem like a small issue, it does prevent this Vader from being truly definitive. Will it see a change in the future? What about on a future re-release?

It's a little wordy, but you get the idea.

Battle Droid
05-24-2008, 08:25 PM
New question,

Recently you said that there's a very, very, good chance of us getting Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-Chair. Would he come with the complete chair that we see Nute Gunray sitting in or just the hologram-projector part?

LTBasker
05-25-2008, 04:33 PM
2 - The recent Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)

6 - The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.

7 - Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?

9 - This question comes up quite a bit, so here goes. With the Indiana Jones line, will you be making another deluxe German Motorcycle, one that comes with a sidecar and perhaps Henry Jones sr.? Good way to reuse a few molds and get something new and desired into collectors hands.

10 - From the Indy line, any plans for more Marion Ravenwood figures such as Marion in white dress, Marion from the bar scene, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Marion? It'd be a good chance to work on the character's likeness, which the current figure doesn't capture all that well.

12 - Word on the street (proverbially) is that the Titanium Series SW line is hanging by a thread and in danger of being canceled despite Hasbro's recent assurances that the line would go on through 2009. 2008 wave 4 has vanished from pre-orders, and store computers look unfortunately empty. What is going on? Is this just an SKU changeover, or something more drastic? If the line is continuing, what will we be seeing this year? When you said there were "12 all new tools for the Fall", did that mean 12 vehicles in just the Fall or for everything leading up to the Fall including vehicles currently out? And does that include Battlestar Galactica, is there anything new there?

JediTricks
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Questions 17-19 added.

I think sometimes you take my comments a little too seriously. :p... Carte blanche to ignore Chux: Priceless. ;)

Here is a new question.

Will any of the new planned release items for July 26 be offered at Comic Con? May of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and may not have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out.Added, vote counted!

Inspired by another site's question:

You recently stated in a Q&A that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your new "definitive" Vader and you are having a hard time coming up with new features to add. However, one issue that needs addressing is his removable hand. In the film, Luke cuts off Vader's hand at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to be the same as the Evolutions Vader, meaning that his hand is articulated at the glove, not at the wrist. This means that in, say, dioramas of Luke taking off Vader's helmet, the right arm would be messed up and inaccurate. Though this may seem like a small issue, it does prevent this Vader from being truly definitive. Will it see a change in the future? What about on a future re-release?

It's a little wordy, but you get the idea.I added it, reworked it a little and added a part about the other movies because that's what their answer set off in my head. Vote counted.

New question,

Recently you said that there's a very, very, good chance of us getting Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-Chair. Would he come with the complete chair that we see Nute Gunray sitting in or just the hologram-projector part?Added. Vote counted.

Blue2th
05-25-2008, 06:14 PM
New question,

Recently you said that there's a very, very, good chance of us getting Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-Chair. Would he come with the complete chair that we see Nute Gunray sitting in or just the hologram-projector part?

You can add Droid's question #19 as my third vote.

Though my guess is that they might offer this as a separate figure to get more mileage out of the Mecho Chair, which would also be cool.

Don't want presume, but you could add: Or would a Nute figure be offered later?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
In addition to my already-counted vote for 18, I'll go with:

4, 11, 13, 15, 19

Cane_Adiss
05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
New question:

Every time Hasbro mentions Bane Malar in Q&A sessions etc. they have misspelled his last name ("Malor" instead of the correct "Malar"). Does this mean that the figure's name will be misspelled in this way on the card when it is released Or will Hasbro realize the error in time to fix it?

Some interesting questions have been added but i will decide what to vote on in a little while.

darth_robb
05-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Here's a new Indy question.

What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indy figures maybe as .com exclusive as some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing without much maneuvering?

JediTricks
05-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Question 20 added.

Question 19 modified.

You can add Droid's question #19 as my third vote.

Though my guess is that they might offer this as a separate figure to get more mileage out of the Mecho Chair, which would also be cool.

Don't want presume, but you could add: Or would a Nute figure be offered later?Ok, I'll add something.

New question:

Every time Hasbro mentions Bane Malar in Q&A sessions etc. they have misspelled his last name ("Malor" instead of the correct "Malar"). Does this mean that the figure's name will be misspelled in this way on the card when it is released Or will Hasbro realize the error in time to fix it?

Some interesting questions have been added but i will decide what to vote on in a little while.If they get it wrong at the production end, it's too late to fix it, that product is likely going on the boat already if it's got a July shipping date. Lucasfilm checks this sort of thing, they should have caught it and are just using an incorrect spelling in Q&A. As such, I'm not really sure I want to add this one right now.

Here's a new Indy question.

What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indy figures maybe as .com exclusive as some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing without much maneuvering?Ok, I'll add that.

Blue2th
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
My votes so far: 11, 12, 19, and please add 20. A good question darth_robb :thumbsup: now that I've opened all of my Indy figures.

sebillba
05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I'll vote for #20 as well.

master J
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
9, 10, 18, 19

Beast
05-29-2008, 02:42 PM
My votes...

9, 10, 19, 20.

And I think I'll add two questions...

Pictures have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted on sunglasses (which he never wore) but without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual released Deluxe pack come with the hat? Or was the figure based on inacccurate production stills?

Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, many of us would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ Thrones. Will we ever see the Skeletons w/ Thrones offered on a card once the mail in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack with another army builder such as the Russian Soldiers also from KotCS?

JediTricks
05-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Questions 21-22 added.

Last day to vote!!!

Pictures have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted on sunglasses (which he never wore) but without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual released Deluxe pack come with the hat? Or was the figure based on inacccurate production stills?

Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, many of us would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ Thrones. Will we ever see the Skeletons w/ Thrones offered on a card once the mail in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack with another army builder such as the Russian Soldiers also from KotCS?Questions added, votes counted. I think you'd probably end up with a deluxe Crystal Skeleton with Irina though.

Beast
05-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Questions 21-22 added.

Last day to vote!!!

Questions added, votes counted. I think you'd probably end up with a deluxe Crystal Skeleton with Irina though.
I'm hoping she comes in her jumpsuit outfit with the Area 51 crate instead. ;)

Maradona
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM

And here's a new one for consideration:

In the past couple of years, Hasbro has thankfully gone back to the mail-in promotions for figures, not only in Star Wars, but in GI Joe and now Indiana Jones. This reminds many (at least me) of the 80s glory days of mail in promotions (GI Joe even had storylines attached to some of these), where not only were new figures made available through mail ins, but also older figures and vehicles that were unavailable at retail. Would it be possible for Hasbro to reestablish this or a similar model, now that mail-ins have become a regular part of the line?

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm hoping she comes in her jumpsuit outfit with the Area 51 crate instead. ;)I'm sorry, I didn't realize YOU were one of the aliens from another dimension, a dimension where Hasbro delivers. :p This is still Hasbro, you know. The only thing on your side for that is that it makes no sense, since the throne is from the end and the scene you talk about is from the beginning, and Hasbro loves to make no sense. :D

In the past couple of years, Hasbro has thankfully gone back to the mail-in promotions for figures, not only in Star Wars, but in GI Joe and now Indiana Jones. This reminds many (at least me) of the 80s glory days of mail in promotions (GI Joe even had storylines attached to some of these), where not only were new figures made available through mail ins, but also older figures and vehicles that were unavailable at retail. Would it be possible for Hasbro to reestablish this or a similar model, now that mail-ins have become a regular part of the line?They already have enough trouble keeping product in stock at HTS, and the Saga Legends line is essentially doing exactly what you suggest, except without the mail-away catalog and backlog of warehoused product (which they'd have to pay extra taxes on after a year). LMK if you think you can bulletproof it against the Saga Legends part.

sebillba
05-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Put me down for #21 as well please.

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 02:57 AM
And my votes:

2 roleplay
9 indy sidecar
12 ts canned?
13 other bigger ships
14 droid slots
15 tfu vader

Cane_Adiss
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
My votes:

7, 8, 11, 12, 19, 22

master J
05-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Can you add 22 on my list. THanks!

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted. For any of the potential questions left hanging by discussion, feel free to continue that discussion either in the new thread or send me a PM.

I'll tally up the votes now and send off the questions.

Here's what we're asking this round:

Might we ever get a Grievous figure as he appeared in ROTS when he was running from Obi-Wan on Utapau, where he inverted and ran on his arms, turning into a scorpion-like appearance?
Recently you said that there's a very, good chance of us getting Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-Chair. Would this have the actual removable chair part as well (the part we see Nute Gunray sitting in), or just the holo-projector part? If it had the chair part, would Nute come with this (seeing as there's no Nute figure that can sit in a chair),or would a Nute figure be offered later?
Word on the street (proverbially) is that the Titanium Series SW line is hanging by a thread and in danger of being canceled despite Hasbro's recent assurances that the line would go on through 2009. 2008 wave 4 has vanished from pre-orders, and store computers look unfortunately empty. What is going on? Is this just an SKU changeover, or something more drastic? If the line is continuing, what will we be seeing this year? When you said there were "12 all new tools for the Fall", did that mean 12 vehicles in just the Fall or for everything leading up to the Fall including vehicles currently out? And does that include Battlestar Galactica, is there anything new there?
This question comes up quite a bit, so here goes. With the Indiana Jones line, will you be making another deluxe German Motorcycle, one that comes with a sidecar and perhaps Henry Jones sr.? Good way to reuse a few molds and get something new and desired into collectors hands, and it looks like the motorcycle we currently have was designed to accommodate a sidecar.
From the Indy line, any plans for more Marion Ravenwood figures such as Marion in white dress, Marion from the bar scene, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Marion? It'd be a good chance to work on the character's likeness, which the current figure doesn't capture all that well.
A great debate is now raging in the halls of Star Wars collectordom over your battle damaged Darth Vader figure from The Force Unleashed, some folks dig it while others revile it for various reasons. While most of the disagreements can be chalked up to differences in points of view (like why Vader's mask eye lens is well above his human eye, what's up with that?), there's one aspect to the figure which nobody can fathom: Vader's left foot. Granted, Vader got really tore up here, but why did that make his foot noticeably bigger than the boot on his right foot, isn't this left foot supposed to go IN the boot? What's the reasoning for this (real-world justification?), and what's your in-universe excuse (TARDIS boot?)?

Look for the new round of voting soon.