PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones: Adventure Heroes!

Beast
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, since JT said that I may as well start an Indiana Jones - Adventure Heroes version in the Galactic Heroes forum, I figured I might as well do it right now. I'm not doing Transformers though! Currently out are the first two waves, with wave 3 expected to start showing up in July. Don't forget to mail away for the very cool Indy w/ Horse set. The stickers and order forms are included in the package. :cool:

Adventure Heroes - Wave I:
Indiana Jones & Cairo Swordsman
Indiana Jones & Tribal Warrior
Indiana Jones & Marion Ravenwood w/ Green Snake
Indiana Jones & German Mechanic
Sallah & Mummy w/ Red Snake
René Belloq & Ark w/ Ghost

Adventure Heroes - Wave II:
Indiana Jones & Colonel Dovchenko
Indiana Jones & Ugha Warrior
Mutt Williams & Irina Spalko

Adventure Heroes - Wave III:
Indiana Jones & Willie Scott
Short Round & Temple Thug
Mola Ram & Temple Priest

Adventure Heroes - Wave IV:
Indiana Jones & Henry Jones
Indiana Jones & Elsa Schneider
Grail Knight & Colonel Vogel

Adventure Heroes - Mail-Away:
Indiana Jones & Horse - http://www.actionfigs.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/3563.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/default.cfm?page=Products/Catalog&subbrand=634

2-1B
05-17-2008, 10:01 AM
There aren't gonna be any Nazis? :confused:

Sorry Tycho, outta luck again. :cry:

Fat Valentino
05-19-2008, 02:41 AM
The branding of Star Wars kiddie toys under "Galactic Heroes" Indiana Jones under "Adventure Heroes" and GI Joe under "Combat Heroes" leaves the door open to include non-SW, Indy, and GI Joe characters in the line.

After we have a Brody, a Mac, an Indy in his brown suit, and a Toht, would anyone think that incorporating characters like Doc Savage, Allan Quarterman, Sir Edmond Hillary, Brendan Frasier or others into the Indy line would be sacrilege?

What if Hasbro gets the Star Trek License this year? I for one would enjoy a Star Trek Galactic Heroes line. Or, maybe I'm missing the point. Either way, I'm enjoying the Indy line far too much, so much that I actually carry an Indy toy in my pocket sometimes.

Fat Valentino
05-19-2008, 02:43 AM
There aren't gonna be any Nazis?

Vogel from Last Crusade is a Nazi, and a real piece of work...

Beast
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM
It's too bad the line isn't around anymore. The Fisher Price Great Adventures Pyramid would work great as a display environment for the Indiana Jones line.

http://www.sausageoflife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/greatadventures/pyramid.htm

Darth Jax
05-20-2008, 07:22 PM
i'm only interested in wave 3 - TOD was my favorite film. while the other figures look good, i really only want short round. maybe someday i'll have a chunk and sloth to display him next to.

El Chuxter
05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Anyone interested in a second Temple Thug?

No? Didn't think so.

bigbarada
05-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm kind of glad that I've only been focusing on Raiders figures since that's my favorite of the films. I might pick up a few of the Last Crusade AH sets depending on how they look, if for no other reason than to see Sean Connery in this format. Plus the Grail Knight could potentially be awesome.

Temple of Doom, is my least favorite of the films, but there is still some stuff there that I'd be interested in. I'll buy the Short Round/Temple Thug set for sure.

Desfiy
05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
It's too bad the line isn't around anymore. The Fisher Price Great Adventures Pyramid would work great as a display environment for the Indiana Jones line.

http://www.sausageoflife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/greatadventures/pyramid.htm

Damn thats cool were they the same height as the GH Indiana Jones, the camel is rather cool, lol, and the Bandits dont look half bad either, the Temple rocks.

Beast
05-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Damn thats cool were they the same height as the GH Indiana Jones, the camel is rather cool, lol, and the Bandits dont look half bad either, the Temple rocks.
Yep. It's from Fisher Price, who's owned by Hasbro and did the original Galactic Heroes waves. That was before it was moved under the Hasbro label.

Fat Valentino
05-29-2008, 03:54 PM
From Cool Toy Review
Posted by Curto on May 29, 2008 at 03:15 PM CST:
Cool Toy Review reader Kentucky Joe writes in:
"Nothing real exciting but I found some listings in the system last night that *may* be the fifth wave of Adventure Heroes...it's not much considering that only one has a complete name for the second character but I hope it's still something you can use."

6-53569-36325 - IJ VOGEL GERMAN CA (78867)
6-53569-36326 - IJ YOUNG INDY FEDORA (78862)
6-53569-36327 - IJ INDY IN TUX CLUB (78863)
6-53569-36328 - IJ MARION RAVENWOOD (78864)

What do you think these packs might be?

I'm hoping for Marion in White Dress with either Belloq or Captain Katenga, Indy in Tux with Club Obi-Wan Gangster, but stumped to why there's another Vogel rather than a Walter Donavan or a Brother of Cruciform Sword wearing a fez.

Beast
05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
6-53569-36325 - IJ VOGEL GERMAN CA (78867)

My guess on this one. Vogel in the other costume variant that isn't released in wave 4. Since he had a cream colored uniform in the desert, and the basic black uniform the rest of the time. My guess he'll either come with German Captain Indy or Walter Donovan. Probably German Captain Indiana Jones.

6-53569-36326 - IJ YOUNG INDY FEDORA (78862)

At least this one is easy to figure out. Glad to see Young Indy in the mix.

6-53569-36327 - IJ INDY IN TUX CLUB (78863)

I assume he'll be coming with Lao Che, since we're already getting Willie Scott from Club Obi-Wan in the 3rd Wave of Adventure Heroes. Frankly they should have packed them together instead of seperating them. Here's betting that Indy has a cute lil flaming skewer in his hand instead of the usual whip or gun.

6-53569-36328 - IJ MARION RAVENWOOD (78864)

I'm gonna guess that this is as you think. It's gonna be Marion in her white dress along with Toht. Though I could see her coming with a basic suited Belloq as well. Can you imagine Cute Toht? Heh.

Ji'dai
06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, I put off buying this line until I got all the 3-3/4" stuff and now I find that my TRU raised the prices on them from $5.99 to $6.39. Now I wish I'd just got them all that first week.

shortcat
06-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I still haven't decided about this line. I like what I've seen, and the stuff coming looks like it might be great. That Indy/Henry Jones pack looks to be pretty popular - I hope I can find it. My personal jury is still out though. Maybe I'll change my mind after I see the new film (that's right, folks. Haven't gotten to it yet!).

plisnithus7
06-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Here's a quick pic of the South American temple (the boulder rolls out the door, spikes can come out through his guide, the wall comes down, you can barely see the idol at the left end) I made for my boys to play with their Adventure Heroes:

plisnithus7
07-10-2008, 02:41 PM
at
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&prevpage=default&keyword=adventure+heroes&go.x=0&go.y=0

Beast
07-10-2008, 03:03 PM
at
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&prevpage=default&keyword=adventure+heroes&go.x=0&go.y=0
Very cool! Thanks for the heads up.

Sick of seeing Indy. Wish one of them was at least him in the Officer Uniform.

Hope they do a German w/ Motorcyle in one of the future packs.

plisnithus7
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I bet they'd do a Mutt on motorcycle (reusing wolverine's) before a German bike, unfortunately.

Others I like:
Toht & Belloq in archeology whites
Profeesor Indy (tweed, tie, glasses) & Marcus Brody
Sallah w/ fez & horse

plisnithus7
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
...and why not:
Mac & crystal alien

Fat Valentino
09-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm really sick of checking every store...in several towns...for months...only to find the same Raiders/Crystal Skull waves warming the pegs. The only Temple figures I've seen have been at a comic shop, at 8.50 each. I'm probably going to pay it too, because I'm so tired of waiting for these. I'm starting to suspect that even the Last Crusade wave may be cancelled, to say nothing of the mystery wave with Indy in the Tux. Has anyone seen these figures in the wild? Any rumors as to future waves shipping late or what?
:hurt::whip:

bigbarada
09-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm really sick of checking every store...in several towns...for months...only to find the same Raiders/Crystal Skull waves warming the pegs. The only Temple figures I've seen have been at a comic shop, at 8.50 each. I'm probably going to pay it too, because I'm so tired of waiting for these. I'm starting to suspect that even the Last Crusade wave may be cancelled, to say nothing of the mystery wave with Indy in the Tux. Has anyone seen these figures in the wild? Any rumors as to future waves shipping late or what?
:hurt::whip:

These figures aren't really selling so well here. I honestly think that having too many Indy figures is what's hurting the sales. Out of the six wave 1 sets, there were four Indy figures and the mail-away was yet another Indy figure.

But then again none of the Indy toys really seem to be selling that well.

I think they're going to try for one more big push when the DVD comes out, and if sales continue to lag after the holidays, then that's the end. Hasbro's already said that if there aren't enough kids supporting the line, then it won't last long.

Darth Jax
09-06-2008, 08:51 AM
my girlfriend bought me short round last week. he was the only one that i wanted. she said she found him at target.

Clanure
09-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi,

New to the forums and joined specifically for the ---- heroes lines (I collect them all). Does anybody know when the grail wave is going to be released?

Thanks!

bigbarada
10-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi,

New to the forums and joined specifically for the ---- heroes lines (I collect them all). Does anybody know when the grail wave is going to be released?

Thanks!

Most people are still waiting for the Temple of Doom wave; but the way things are going, it's doubtful that we will ever see the Last Crusade wave.:(

Clanure
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
So they're just teasing us when they post the pics? Same can probably be said for the missing Super Here Squad sets (CP2 and the later waves). So the question is how do we know what actually gets released and when? When I look at online retailers, they have everything listed with expected dates.

bigbarada
10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
So they're just teasing us when they post the pics? Same can probably be said for the missing Super Here Squad sets (CP2 and the later waves). So the question is how do we know what actually gets released and when? When I look at online retailers, they have everything listed with expected dates.

It's not a tease, they fully expected to make the figures when the pictures were released. However, the current state of the Indiana Jones line makes it highly unlikely that we will ever see them actually released.

I think Hasbro expected the line to sell better than it did and I'm sure there are plenty of Hasbro employees who are just as disappointed at the line's impending cancellation; but aren't in a position to do anything about it.

Fat Valentino
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
So, the Last Crusade Adventure Heroes have started to pop up on ebay. Anyone ever find out about the Mystery wave with the 2nd Vogel, 2nd Marion, and Young Indy?

I'm just about to make myself a damn George Machale, Dig Belloq, Professor Indy, and Arnold Toht Cinema Scene...