PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Rancor

jamesbondo07
05-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I found this Target exclusive today. I got this rancor because I have not got a previous one. I like the war paint on the rancor. The figure is different but is cool. Is anyone else going to get this and what do you think of the war paint and different mold?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
At first I really didn't like it but it's kind of grown on me, so I will get it. I actually just got the old Rancor today from a friend who's trying to get rid of his SW stuff, and I have yet to see the TFU version.

Is it $30 or $40? I've heard both.

Blue2th
05-23-2008, 10:10 PM
It's $40
Definitely getting it! Targets around here are weird about putting out anything on time. I get tired of going back everyday to check. At 2 per case they may not last long.
I went ahead and ordered mine from Target.com and it's on it's way.

obi-dad
06-03-2008, 08:19 AM
I think it looks really cool, but I'm passing as I'm trying to focus mainly on the movies and especially the OT. So, I'm saving a buttload of money this year. I was initially able to pass up on the comic 2-packs, but eventually succumbed to buying many of them, so I guess I don't know for sure.

DarkJedi5
06-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Don't worry, if I know anything about Hasbro, you'll see this rancor all over again in a few months just without the blue paint and with another one of those TAC Luke Skywalker figures for ROTJ.

Blue2th
06-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Don't worry, if I know anything about Hasbro, you'll see this rancor all over again in a few months just without the blue paint and with another one of those TAC Luke Skywalker figures for ROTJ.

That would actually be cool, but I smell another Target Ultimate Battlepack with Rancor, Luke, Gammorean Guard, Rancor Keeper, maybe the Rancor Keeper's crying buddy.

jedi master sal
06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
.... maybe the Rancor Keeper's crying buddy.

That's one I've been wanting for awhile now.

JEDIpartner
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm waiting until they release it as a Return of the Jedi version and then I'll pick it up.

Blue2th
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
That's one I've been wanting for awhile now.

Me too. I tried to look up his name in the movie script and all I could find on him was that he was a "Rancor Keeper" too:

21 INT RANCOR PIT

The Rancor Keepers have come into the cage and are examining their dead
beast. One of them breaks down and weeps. The other glares menacingly
at Luke, who is unworried. Several guards rush into the holding tunnel
and take Luke away.

El Chuxter
06-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Yousa guys talkin' 'bout Giran (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Giran)?

obi-dad
06-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Yousa guys talkin' 'bout Giran (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Giran)?

You were too quick for me... all I could find was Malakili and was on the verge of finding Giran, when I saw your update.

El Chuxter
06-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Somehow I remembered his name, so I could go directly to it. :)

Blue2th
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, where's our Giran? He's an important enough OTC figure!