PDA

View Full Version : FU Rancor & Rider (Target Exclusive)

Val Da Car
05-25-2008, 08:11 PM
So who is getting this exclusive?

jedi master sal
05-26-2008, 09:20 AM
I will.

Depending on how the game is, we might want to see the Felucian warrior single carded. Though it does remind you of that Tiki warrior from Scooby-Doo.

Blue2th
05-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm getting it. It's arriving by Target.com, though I've already seen it at one local Target but didn't buy it doe!

That Fellucian Rider, and the Rancor is an improvement over the POTF2 one. So basically we are getting two new figures, well a new figure and beast that is.
Watch they'll reissue the new Rancor in a "Rancor Pit" :Ponder: battlepack.

I like that Tiki warrior Sal, he'd make a cool avatar...googa-booga :thumbsup:

Thunderbird
05-27-2008, 09:47 PM
All ready got it. Found it on Sunday:pleased:

jedi master sal
05-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I got the Rancor last night. It wasn't on the shelf, but the price tag was. So I got one of the workers to check if they had it. They did and brought out two of them. I took one and the other was left on the shelf.

It's freakin' huge. I haven't opened up the box yet to look it all over, but it's nice. Seems worth the $40. In comparison to the other rancor, this one is:
Bigger
More articulated
comes with an action figure.

Those three points alone make it an excellent buy. If I'm not mistaken the previous one was $30. So for the extra $10, you get the three above mentioned points. Not bad at all really.

Oh and don't look for this to clearance either (like the order 66 sets).
Apparently Targets are not getting too many cases of these. I've heard two reports from different Target employees that say each store is getting 2 maybe 3 cases max. Each case only holds 2 Rancors. So, you can see how difficult this may be to get. Undoubtedly with such a low production of these, Hasbro has planned to rerelease this as the ROTJ Rancor-sans the battle paint of course. Slap on the hardware it was wearing (nose ring and bracelets) and you've pretty much got the ROTJ one. Though to be fair, that one was supposed to be an adolescent Rancor (per EU). If you're not bothered by that, then expect to see this later.

(Possibly as an Ultra battle pack later this year..........)

-Sal

Cane_Adiss
05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Scored the Rancor on Monday finally after a week of haunting Target! It was the last one. I must say this is an awesome toy, and I would have loved to have it when I was little! The rider doesn't strike me as very "Star Wars" but his design is very cool nonetheless. I love all the aliens, and this set certainly delivers! Would be cool if the rider were re-released on his own card or in a battle pack of some sort as he's a great figure. I was thinking that he's the closest thing to a Revwien I bet well ever get in figure form, so he could fit in my cantina setting.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I got one today; it was the only one sitting on the shelf. I quite like it. I just got the 1998 Rancor a few days ago, and you can tell that the new one was designed to be like the ROTJ Rancor (look at his teeth). The sculpt really isn't hugely different, just that the arms are longer and bigger and there is more articulation. I was actually expecting it to be a lot bigger than the other one, but I guess not.

El Chuxter
05-30-2008, 06:14 PM
I saw this SOB yesterday. I must admit, it looks nice. I didn't get it, but it looks nice.

The figure is ridiculous, though. From an evolutionary standpoint, what sense does it make to evolve tentacles with suckers and hands? Wouldn't tentacles imply an invertebrate, which would have to have some sort of skeleton to even form usable hands?

I guess it looks good on a vidjagame, though.

Jargo
05-30-2008, 07:23 PM
I saw this in TRU today. I agree the sculpt is cool though the colouring seems far too light and it's not dirty enough. big mofo though. as opposed to the miniscule figure thing that they packed with it. which looks like a few spare parts from failed concepts shoved together and dipped in a paint box.
When they use this mofo as a ROTJ Rancor and improve the paint apps I'll buy it. but i aint buying this skin condition afflicted version.

Mvader91
05-30-2008, 07:40 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:I thought this was a Tagret exclusive not TRU
I saw this in TRU today. I agree the sculpt is cool though the colouring seems far too light and it's not dirty enough. big mofo though. as opposed to the miniscule figure thing that they packed with it. which looks like a few spare parts from failed concepts shoved together and dipped in a paint box.
When they use this mofo as a ROTJ Rancor and improve the paint apps I'll buy it. but i aint buying this skin condition afflicted version.

El Chuxter
05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
It's not often one gets to do this, so I'm answering for Jargo! :)

He's in the UK. They don't have Target, and it seems like TRU over there picks up a lot of exclusives from other stores in the US, not just TRU.

Jargo
05-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Indeed. In the same TRU I saw the EE exclusive mandalorian multi-packs. the McQuarrie Luke figure was also there in good numbers. wasn't that a HTS exclusive?
Not all TRU's get these exclusives, just the most profitable stores in the most affluent regions. According to a rep I once spoke to. I have three TRU stores within a fourty mile radius and only one seems to get the goodies. The other two stores pander more to the pocket money price bracket or big end products like push bikes and wendy houses.
The store I went to all the customers were adults. didn't see a single kid there. despite it being a school break week. bit odd.

Sean the Hutt
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
{ was not going to buy this but after seeing it I changed my mind. I like it eu is ok stuff! I like new characters and story lines and it shows a repaint can be interesting...rancor, shadow guards..good wave all in all

dr_evazan22
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Has anyone opened theirs yet? I just opened mine, and, for the life of me, can not get the 'reins' correct. The point at which the saddle / platform sits flat is too high for the rider to hold reins. But then the reins are too loose and the hooks fall out of its nose. The rider doesn't stand too well on the 2 pegs provided.

One improvement over the older one is that this stands on its own without balancing with an arm. That said, the arms are heavy, and move slownly down.

This reminds me very strongly of the war elephants from LotR - RotK.

[shift ahead about 12 hours in the future....] Sonething else that was annoying about opening this: The photo 'card' with the Felucian background was double-, maybe triple- taped to the outer box. Try pulling it out and it rips the 'card' and still doesn't come out. I only mention this as I try to save the photo backgrounds for possible inclusion in dios.

jedi master sal
06-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for posting that, dr_evazan22.

I haven't opened mine yet. I too save the backgrounds. Never know when they may come in handy. If anything they can be great resource material to build from.

Dark Marble
06-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I have this problem too. The reins don't reach up to the rider and if I move the saddle down so he can grab them the whole thing wants to fall of the Rancor's back. I might take the reins apart and make some longer ones. The whole thing out of the box looks great. It is behind my collection of Force Unleashed figures. The reins are my only complaint.

Bosskman
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Just bought one off of eBay. Man I can't wait to get my mitts on this one.......

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Move the saddle forward to where the Felucian can grab the reins, and then have the Rancor stand up tall so that the Felucian is in an upright position. It takes a bit of fiddling but it works.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I saw it when I was in Springfield, MO this weekend, but I wasn't going to be able to bring it back with me. I haven't seen it here in Bellingham, WA yet, though there is a spot for it. Not sure if I want it or not. It is such a big box and I am getting low on room. I probably won't be getting the game because I would need a new console system, so I can probably live without this. If they make a movie version, then I might get that instead since I don't have a rancor yet.

GizorDellso
06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Stopped by target today at 1:30ish to urinate.Just stopped by the Star Wars stuff for a quick gander.No new figures but this Rancor was there and only one.I had no money at the time so i hid it behind some power rangers crap.Came back about 5 hours later and picked it up.The box i bent to hell so im prolly gonna open when i get new shelves this weekend.Very nice looking indeed

Mvader91
06-11-2008, 01:47 AM
It's not often one gets to do this, so I'm answering for Jargo! :)

He's in the UK. They don't have Target, and it seems like TRU over there picks up a lot of exclusives from other stores in the US, not just TRU.
I see, well hopefully he will be able to get one via TRU.

GizorDellso
06-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Who all has opened theirs?I cant decide if i want to open it or not.the box is kinda tore up tho so i assume ill open it.

jamesbondo07
06-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I haven't opened mine yet but plan on it. I didn't get any of the previous rancors so I plan on opening it. It looks really good. Looking forward to opening it and getting a closer look at the unique figure in it.

SplFrcsCWO
06-17-2008, 03:21 AM
I opened mine. The saddle & reign arrangement bugs me but it's a minor issue. I found that he makes an excellenet scarecrow. My cockatiel won't land within 8ft of him so he "guards" places we don't want her going. The wife actually praised a Star Wars toy!

Bosskman
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Got my Rancor and man is it sweet. Now all we need ia a JP one based on this one.

GizorDellso
06-20-2008, 03:58 PM
how do you get this guy to stay on the rancor!?!?!?

RooJay
06-24-2008, 05:14 AM
I bought one as soon as I saw it on the shelf, figuring that I might not get too many chances at it. I guess my friends at work thought the same thing - they unknowingly went and bought me another one for my birthday! Wasn't really counting on having two, but the more, the merrier I suppose!

omnithx
06-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Who all has opened theirs?I cant decide if i want to open it or not.the box is kinda tore up tho so i assume ill open it.

I opened mine up, he wouldn't be much fun in a box. Here he is with some of his fellow Rancors. :pleased:

timmae
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
i'm in. snagged one today on clearance at 27.98 and got the extra 5 off. they had 2, but was not chancing getting one. thanks to the tip in just found i went right out and picked him up. has to be in my top 10 figures i have!

Neuroleptic
06-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I had to pass on this guy because of money, veto from wife, and lack of room, wich was a darn shame. I saw him at target a few weeks ago, and he looked awsome! They only had four of him and he was sold out the next time I went, so no chance of ever getting him on clearance since the target here gets only a few of the exclusive items and that's it. It's insanely hard to get even ONE exclusive from Target here. Is it like that everywere, or just smaller towns?

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2008, 01:49 AM
I had to pass on this guy because of money, veto from wife, and lack of room, wich was a darn shame. I saw him at target a few weeks ago, and he looked awsome! They only had four of him and he was sold out the next time I went, so no chance of ever getting him on clearance since the target here gets only a few of the exclusive items and that's it. It's insanely hard to get even ONE exclusive from Target here. Is it like that everywere, or just smaller towns?Depends on the exclusive I guess. I have been lucky enough to get a lot of Target exclusives, but I can't imagine many of them like this sticking around long enough to go on clearance.

Jedi_Kal-El
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Depends on the exclusive I guess. I have been lucky enough to get a lot of Target exclusives, but I can't imagine many of them like this sticking around long enough to go on clearance.

The Battle Rancors at my Target are being cleared out at $27.98. They have 4 on the shelf at the current time. They also had tons of Order 66 on clearance for $6.98. Most of the SW merch is being cleared for new stuff.

bkh0501
06-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I found one today for $27. I already have one, so I passed. Wish I had waited, though.

Val Da Car
06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Found one at the same store for 1/2 off.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-28-2008, 03:16 PM
I grabbed the only one there a couple weeks ago. There were two there today, but no markdown that I could see.

OC47150
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I saw one of these for the first time on clearance for $20 (it's long gone now) and it didn't do a thing for me.