PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Earth Mystery Exclusive

Phantom-like Menace
05-27-2008, 12:41 AM
http://banthaskull.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9242#post9242

I'm sure we'd all rather complain about past EE exclusives rather than speculate on this one, but I figured I'd post this. Have there been any rumored figures that are unaccounted for?

If I were to guess otherwise, I'd figure it's Clone Wars related. I'd hope for realistic but expect animated.

DarkJedi5
05-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, I am hopefull that it will be in the realistic style mostly because the exclusives are a way to get figures to folks that would not really be made otherwise (Death Star Briefing set). If it were Clone Wars related I don't think Hasbro would have any trouble justifying it as part of the new line to compliment the movie and tv show. I just hope that the figures are a little more cannon than the Mandalorian packs.

dindae
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
This one has me befuddled. Right now I'm betting it is some EU themed pack that I can't place. If it is I doubt I will pick it up. The Mando set was cool looking but I have nothing to do with the set since it has no context. I love the other sets EE has done so hopefully they will turn it around.

mtriv73
05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
The text says 6 all new and different figures so I think the picture is a red herring. (It looks like silhouettes of another republic commando (I've had enough of those), an EVO or Jump trooper (have 2 of each thank-you, drive through), maybe the royal guard, and a few I can't quite place.) Maybe they just photographed whatever was laying around and will fill in the details later. For some reason, the ones I can't place scream Jacen and Jaina Solo to me...I'm probably wrong, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

GizorDellso
05-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I Bet one is that stormtrooper commander that had a card pop up recently by mistake

Jargo
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I'll pass.

jedi master sal
05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll most likely pass on this. I still haven't bought the Mando set and am unlikely to. I made deals with friends for the black ARC troopers and skull troopers. While I would like to get the Black commandos and yes even some of the Mando, I just don't think they are worth the price. If each Mando was SA then yes, I'd have sprung for them...maybe. Honestly, I would have rather had established Mandos (or even the established posers) like Jodo Kast and Montross.
Anyway, even though I don't know what this new one is, I can't see me buying it. EE's costs are just a tad too high for my tastes generally anyway. This set would have to knock my socks off with articulation, sculpt and choice of character. More barely known or Hasbro created characters will make me not even give it a second thought.

x13squadleader
05-27-2008, 07:52 PM
i will be ordering mine soon.i like all the ee sets so far.i am sure there will be 1 from each movie.thats my guess.i would like individuals over army builders though.i hope they compliment the other figures.kind of like the astromechs one.i did buy the 50 pack and i am glad i did.so i will wait to see if they have a group of them again.

Phantom-like Menace
05-28-2008, 12:45 AM
I've been more than happy with all of the sets from EE, especially the astromechs, though since astromechs are one of my favorite types of figures, there is no surprise there.

I'm certain the silhouettes are not representative of the final product.

Sinscia Fat'o
05-29-2008, 12:05 AM
*Has fingers crossed for a NJO themed Box set/battle pack....*

Phantom-like Menace
05-30-2008, 01:49 AM
Apparently, Adam Pawlus has said that one of the silhouettes is indeed that of one of the figures that will ultimately come in the set.

He also confirms they are not animated in style.

master J
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Well in that case, I would put my money on a rogue squadron set... the fourth figure over is a pilot! Fingers crossed for a new dack with the wes jansen mold!!!!

obi-dad
05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Well in that case, I would put my money on a rogue squadron set... the fourth figure over is a pilot! Fingers crossed for a new dack with the wes jansen mold!!!!

Now, I could actually see this is a set as there are multiple decent pilot body sculpts already... all they'd have to do is new head and helmets (well, helmet decos, at least).

I was surprised to see so many people saying they wouldn't buy the set. I mean, we don't know anything yet, so how is that different from saying "I'm not going to by wave 4 in 2009? Well, I guess we do know it will be overpriced and mostly resculpts, but I'm still holding judgement until I see the set.

Jargo
05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
i said it because it's an EE exclusive so therefore really expensive. if you happen to live on the other side of the atlantic as I do. actually I saw the EE mandalorian sets in a TRU here today. price equivelent to about $60 for each set. so even if these sets do make it across the pond, it's only those who manage to grow those darned money trees in their gardens who can afford them.

DarkJedi5
05-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Assuming it were a rebel pilot themed pack, I know I would buy it, but with two pilots evolutions sets coming this year I can't see them making an exclusive out of pilots on top of all that.

Phantom-like Menace
05-31-2008, 11:35 AM
I was surprised to see so many people saying they wouldn't buy the set. I mean, we don't know anything yet, so how is that different from saying "I'm not going to by wave 4 in 2009? Well, I guess we do know it will be overpriced and mostly resculpts, but I'm still holding judgement until I see the set.

I figure the difference is mostly that we can guess with more accuracy what we'll get with this set. Wave 4 in 2009 can be anything, but an EE exclusive is almost certainly going to be repaints and minor resculpts. Anyone who hasn't liked that format so far is probably not going to like it now, while those of us who have liked that format are probably going to be just as happy with this product.

Sinscia Fat'o
06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
i really don't see this being Rogue Squadron or any other squadron right now as they are already cranking out two EVO packs based around pilots, and besides pilots actually sell to kids as well...I thinking this will be EU based. the only pilots i would actually bet on is Wraith Squadron which would be cool.

OC47150
06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm going to wait until I get more details. The last few EE exclusive sets haven't sold out.

This new set is more in my price range than the Mando set.

LTBasker
06-03-2008, 07:06 PM
The silhouettes appear to be... (from left to right)

-Republic Commando
-Royal Guard (Carnor Jax-style)
-Mara Jade (comic 2-pack)
-Rebel Pilot
-Basso in Stormtrooper Armor (Mouse/Basso comic 2-pack)
-Force Unleashed Imperial EvoTrooper

So, I'm guessing these are the options:
Rebel pilot pack - I asked Adam about the possibility of such a pack a year or so ago, and he said it was highly unlikely there would ever be one, but of course things might have changed since then.

Force Unleashed pack

Imperial forces pack (including a spy)

Another Republic Commando pack

Mara Jade themed pack

Phantom-like Menace
06-04-2008, 12:51 AM
The second and third silhouettes are widely believed to be Darth Nihilus and Bultar Swan (Comic two pack) respectively.

Obsession is Nute
06-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I concur with the Darth Nihilus suggestion. I have him on display right now. His outline is unmistakeable.

LTBasker
06-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Oh ok, yeah, I was checking out the Mara Jade figure some more afterwards and she almost matches the silhouette, but there are definite differences.

JediTricks
06-04-2008, 03:55 AM
The rebel pilot I believe is that twi'lek one we saw a prototype figure of on ebay.

Sinscia Fat'o
06-04-2008, 05:13 PM
It's unlikely the shadows mean anything in those pics...didn't EE use "other" figures for their past exclusives...Han Solo in the place of Carnor Jax comes mind for me during the comic pack boom...

And yes that the KOTOR Darth something or other...(Don't recall his name and i'm to lazy to look in the thread!) :)

DarkJedi5
06-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Okay, well, with the news about the Dagger Squadron B-Wing (if you don't know here's a link to the recently leaked instruction manual: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87764.pdf) it seems very likely that we're getting a Dagger Squadron themed set of pilots.

Sinscia Fat'o
06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Okay, well, with the news about the Dagger Squadron B-Wing (if you don't know here's a link to the recently leaked instruction manual: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87764.pdf) it seems very likely that we're getting a Dagger Squadron themed set of pilots.

Dagger Squadron wouldn't be to bad...I was hoping for something more, but that would do as Dagger Squadron has a good mix of characters in it.

Darth Metalmute
06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a couple guesses, all EU.

KOTOR pack.
Canderous Ordo, Darth Nihilus, Mission Vao, Carth Onasi, Darth Revan (pre-memory recovery), and HK-47.

Zahn pack.
TKR 330, Joruus C'Baoth, Mara Jade, Captain Gilad Pellaeon, Grand Admiral Thrawn, spacetrooper.

I have a new jedi order set but can only spot Jaina, Anakin, and Jacen.
But think that Jacen would not have a stormtrooper E-11.

El Chuxter
06-10-2008, 05:14 PM
I intercepted a memo that reveals what these are!

1) Jocasta Nu
2) Cliegg Lars
3) Teek
4) Jaxxon
5) Ackmena
6) Het N'kik

It's called the "El Chuxter Happy Birthday Surprise Pack."

Blue2th
06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
What makes anybody think it's going to be anything but characters from the MU.

obi-dad
06-11-2008, 08:16 AM
What makes anybody think it's going to be anything but characters from the MU.

MU? Movies Universe?

jedi master sal
06-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Meh Universe...

Ok only "official" info I can gather is that ONE of the figures in the shadows IS in the set. But I don't know which one. Also apparently these figures would "not look good with battle damage."

This is coming from Adam Pawlus of EE who posts on JD, where I gleaned the info from. He says he's not at lliberty to divulge anything else about the set.

Blue2th
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
MU? Movies Universe?

Made-up Universe: didn't appear in any comics, movies, not mentioned in any novels etc. Kinda like the Mandalorian set, purple clones etc.
Yeh, the "Meh Universe."

El Chuxter
06-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Also apparently these figures would "not look good with battle damage."

Okay, that limits it down considerably. I'm leaning toward Darth Vader.

Darth Metalmute
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok only "official" info I can gather is that ONE of the figures in the shadows IS in the set. But I don't know which one. Also apparently these figures would "not look good with battle damage."

Then the answer is easy.
Uncle Owens corpse, Aunt Berus corpse, the tortured droid (8D8 model) from Jabba's Palace, the deactivated droid in the Sand Crawler, slaughtered Tuskin Raider from Anakins attack, and Dak's body recovered from Hoth after the AT-AT stepped on him.

JediTricks
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I was wrong about the Twi'lek pilot being in this set, she's in the Evolutions Rebel Pilots 2 set.

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
In one of the previous sets where they showed shadows of figures (and not even the shadows of the figures included)... didn't EE slowly reveal one figure at a time? We didn't have to wait for a Con to see all of them, did we?

sith_killer_99
06-28-2008, 10:45 AM

Young Jedi Padawan learners...after "Darth Vader" slaughtered a bunch them.

You know it's funny, GL didn't want Han to shoot first, because it makes him a murderer. He redeems Darth Vader in ROTJ, and has him slaughter a bunch of little kids in ROTS.:rolleyes:

Anyway, my vote is for Jedi Padawans.:yes:

corleone
06-28-2008, 07:30 PM
This is cool. I would like to place an order for this stuff. Is it consider as a toys?

obi-dad
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
In one of the previous sets where they showed shadows of figures (and not even the shadows of the figures included)... didn't EE slowly reveal one figure at a time? We didn't have to wait for a Con to see all of them, did we?

So, does no one remember EE revealing figures from the Mandalorian pack one at a time?

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
So, does no one remember EE revealing figures from the Mandalorian pack one at a time?

I do. I kind of thought we'd see one of the new ones by now. But from what I've heard if you show one, you give away practically who else is in the set.

IIRC, that was eluded to by Adam from GH/EE. But don't quote me on that.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
But don't quote me on that.

Oops! Sorry!:D

Phantom-like Menace
07-28-2008, 02:22 AM
I don't know if a moderator can change the title to say Joker Squad with Darth Maleval or something to that effect, but it has been confirmed that the Entertainment Earth Exclusive is indeed this Legacy comic pack. I've already preordered it, because I love me some Sith. The female Stormtrooper is cool too.

Let the poo-pooing begin, though.

Entertainment Earth link:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87923

Joker Squad:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Joker_Squad

Darth Maleval:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maleval

Jargo
07-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Strangely I actually like the sith Quarren figure. (I won't use his name it's just dumb) The female stormtrooper doesn't impress me. it's just nerdboy wank fantasy. especially with that huge cannon weapon. :rolleyes:

however the set is actually pretty decent. compared to the crimson 'power rangers' empire set at least. I could actually see myself buying the jokers.

sebillba
07-28-2008, 07:55 AM
I wasn't familiar with the Joker Squad, but already had that Quarren on my wants list after seeing the Hasbro slideshow, so I'll be looking for a loose one from ebay.

But what's that he's holding? A whip? It reminds me of Herbert/Obi-Wan's limp lightsabre in Family Guy, before he sees Chris! :D

jedi master sal
07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Strangely I actually like the sith Quarren figure. (I won't use his name it's just dumb) The female stormtrooper doesn't impress me. it's just nerdboy wank fantasy. especially with that huge cannon weapon. :rolleyes:

however the set is actually pretty decent. compared to the crimson 'power rangers' empire set at least. I could actually see myself buying the jokers.

I'll buy the Femtrooper from you Jargo.

Ji'dai
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM
When I saw the name of this set posted on a list somewhere I thought someone had mistakenly lumped some Batman toy in with the Star Wars stuff.

After seeing the pic though, I really like this set. I don't much care for the Sith Quarren, but I do like all the Stormtroopers. They remind me of the Mouse & Basso comic pack, which I thought was cool as hell. Will the troops in this set all come with helmets?

I love the femtrooper! :love: Hopefully we'll see that body reused again and again. I want more female troops!

Too bad it's an exclusive though. I don't support figure exclusives in any way, shape, or form, but I may have to bend my personal collecting rule this time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Meh, it's okay, certainly better than the Rebel TIE Fighter or the Pajama Party set. I'll likely wait a while until the price undoubtedly drops, though.

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Stormtrooper! Boobs! What more can a fanboy want!

I did find it telling when the Hasbro reps told the folks at the Hasbro SW panel in San Diego that they were hoping people would army build this set for the female Stormtrooper. If that's the case, why not release her carded? Oh yeah--profits.

pegger
07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I kinda like the whole set. At least they aren't all Jango faces...

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
This set looks pretty decent in person. The lady-trooper is actually kinda weird in that her upper body (ALL OF IT, PERVS!) seems slightly smaller in proportion to the lower body. But it's not bad, and getting several Stormies and a cool new Sith for $35-ish ain't the worst deal I've ever heard. And Darth Maleval may be a 1-shot villain, but he's a good one, and he comes with a red saber and a shockwhip (Hasbro misidentified this accessory as a lightwhip, but the character uses a shockwhip instead).

Phantom-like Menace
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
And Darth Maleval may be a 1-shot villain, but he's a good one, and he comes with a red saber and a shockwhip (Hasbro misidentified this accessory as a lightwhip, but the character uses a shockwhip instead).

That's good. I've never been a fan of the lightwhip concept. Of course, there's no possibility Lumiya won't have a lightwhip.

DarkArtist
08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
pre-ordered the Crimsion Empire and Joker Squadron sets yesterday from EE. i would love to army build the female stormtrooper from joker squadron but not ready to shell out the money to get about 6 of her. may have to check ebay, unless of course anyone wants to trade or sell any extras of her.

cookiemonster
08-21-2008, 02:52 PM
The only one out of that set I will try to actively get is the Female Stormtrooper - I have an idea for a custom squad.

I like the heads on the stormtroopers, especially the one that looks like Luke, but not enough to pay 35.00 dollars for new heads, I will wait and see if I can score the heads of someone.

The sith Quarren I like the head, and I would need to see more of the body to see if I could use it.

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 03:04 PM
I hate to break it to you guys, but, with one female Stormtrooper in the set, and the set costing as much as it does, and little chance of the Stormtroopette being released again, I seriously doubt anyone will be willing to part with her. Especially with the other figures being plain old Stormtroopers with goofy heads and the most snigtarded Sith Lord I've ever seen. (What's next, a Gungan Sith? "Always twosa they beesa"?)

JediTricks
08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
"Costing as much as it does"? It's $6 a figure, you get 3 regular stormies and a yellow-trimmed regular stormie, a lady-trooper, and I think that Quarren sith looks pretty nifty (it looked better in person, of course). I suspect EE will want to keep the pieces in this set exclusive as long as they can, but fan choice polls may get her put on a basic card if nothing else. $36 doesn't seem so crazy to army-build this set, the only thing you end up with too many of is the Sith guy. I'm actually considering ordering one.

El Chuxter
08-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I meant it's pricey considering that most people who want armadas of Stormtroopers, already have them. $36 for a girl Stormtrooper is a bit much.

Phantom-like Menace
08-22-2008, 07:24 AM
I despise going to eBay unless something is no longer in stores, but there's always going to be that guy who has thirty of these fresh out of the package; buy it now, only 99.99.99.

For my part, I'm looking at the figure more as a curiosity. She'll be standing there for the one or two sharp-eyed visitors to my collection who'll ask, "Isn't that one a little curvy for a Stormtrooper?" Unless, as JT suggests, she gets single carded (an inevitability I'm sure), then I'll snap up several, swap out some heads with the other female figures we've been getting.

jedi master sal
08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm only getting the one set. Though I DO hope the Femtrooper gets single carded. Be nice to see a running change with headswaps for her as well. I won't neccessarily army build her, but a nice squad of 5 or so would be cool.

Seeing this though now makes me want a Twi'Lek Female in Clone Armor, like the one "painted" on the Clone Wars Gunship. Now that's hot, L.O.L.

Neuroleptic
08-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I like the concept of a female storm trooper, but I'm not about to buy the set just to get her since the rest of the figures hold relitively little inspiration for me. So unless I find her on E-bay for not all that much, or Hasbro single cards her, I won't be buying.

OC47150
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Give it time: she'll come out carded.

Cane_Adiss
08-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I just ordered this the other day. Can't wait to get Darth Maleval! The Quarren species has always been one of my favorites and it's neat to be getting a Quarren sith. And I see we're getting a Nrin Vakil figure next year, which is awesome. Never thought we'd see so many Quarren made into figures.

The Stormtroopers are pretty cool. I'm assuming they will come with helmets so I can just set them up as generic stormtroopers. The female doesn't look too noticibly different from the others so she should fit right in.

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I dont think the femtroopers are going to be that exspensive on the second market, about as much as a normal figure, so I will be looking to pick a few up there.

As for the heads there will most probably be loads floating around eventually especially if people are going to army build these suckers.

As the Quarren I can take it or leave it, doesnt bother me either way, seeing it would have only been thrown into my bits box.

JediTricks
08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm betting lady-trooper here will go for $10 to $25 on the aftermarket, it's a greedy aftermarket. Chux's point isn't entirely lost on me I suppose, but if it's $12 or less it's not a crazy price, I mean, basic figs are up to $8 now.

cookiemonster
08-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Well the way I see it is, there's no rush, I will get them but I aint going to pay more than 10.00 dollars per figure, if I dont get them no biggie either, these will eventually be released in some form even if it isnt the same character on basic cards.

JediTricks
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
The funny thing is, if you bought this set and sold all the other figures for $7 a piece, it'd pay for itself and you'd still have your ladytrooper. But whether or not people will pay $7 a piece for them, I dunno.

Umbra
08-23-2008, 09:05 PM
The funny thing is, if you bought this set and sold all the other figures for $7 a piece, it'd pay for itself and you'd still have your ladytrooper. But whether or not people will pay $7 a piece for them, I dunno.

Only figure I'd be interested in is the Sith guy, i can pass on the troopers, if someone does something like that and sell off the non lady troopers, I'd be interested in buying the Sith

jedi master sal
08-25-2008, 11:01 AM

That's the problem though. While you might get something for the Quarren Sith as he's unique, the three regular stormtroopers wouldn't go for much at all. The only one I see goign for MAYBE a little more than $7 then, would be the squad leader stormtrooper. The heads underneath the helmets won't matter as much to army builders as most of us don't display them with their helmets off. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to display specific characters multiple times in the same scene. So "buckets" on, as the 501st would say.

So in that regard they are 3 generic troopers and not really worth much. Though the one I still say looks somewhat like Luke in Stormtrooper armor.

I only plan on getting one set of this. If I were to get another set, I wouldn't need the Sith, or squad leader and could easily part with the regular troopers, keeping the Femtrooper for me. So I really see no need on taking a chance that I can get my money back for all of the figures I don't really want, just for the one I would want an extra of. I'll just wait Hasbro out for a rerelease of the Femtrooper or see her recarded but with a different head. If it never happens, I'm fine with that too as this Femtrooper would be very unique. Though I can't see Hasbro passing up the chance to reuse this mold. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Pink Femtrooper. (or the dreaded Shadow Femtrooper...).

cookiemonster
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually I wouldnt mind seeing the female trooper done in red; and given to Lumiya as her troops.