PDA

View Full Version : Real Ghostbusters....

DarthQuack
05-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Finally get's a DVD release, and it's the entire series!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Real-Ghostbusters-Time-Life-Complete-Series/9711

Probably looking at a $200 price tag, but I'm down for it, 26 discs, over 100 episodes.

Maradona
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I may be in the minority, but I always preferred the animated Filmation's Ghostbusters. The backgrounds, color palette, and many of the character designs (crazy ape aside) were very good. The shows were silly, but I'm a Filmation junkie and so far all the dvd sets put out of their programs have been by far the best of any animated program.

I'll probably still pick up this set, though, for nostalgia's and 80s cartoon completism's sake.

JediTricks
05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Why would anybody prefer The Ghost Busters to the Real Ghostbusters cartoon? Man, every time I got suckered into tuning into Filmation's Ghost Busters, I always felt ripped off and simply would turn off the TV (I loved Ghostbusters the movie, so the cartoon carried a lot of weight). I wasn't familiar with the live-action Ghost Busters from the '70s though (which the Filmation cartoon is based upon).

Anyway, glad to see they're releasing The REAL Ghostbusters on DVD finally. I suspect it won't hold up as well as we remember it, but it was fun and had some really good toys. I ain't dropping no $100 on it though. They don't need to release the sequel "Extreme Ghostbusters" though. ;) From what I just read, there are 112 Real Ghostbusters episodes PLUS another 28-hour Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters episodes (and those episodes are 1 hour each), so I hope they'll get the proper count there.

DarthQuack
07-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Poll up for choosing the box art, vote away!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/rgb/

mabudonicus
07-20-2008, 05:56 PM
I think the show should hold up okay, I LOVED "The Collect Call of Cthulu" last time I saw it, not toooo long ago (less than 15 years ago anyways and much of what I still liked when I was 20, I still like now)

:beard: Iso&Baws

Slimer was a bit much tho

JediTricks
07-21-2008, 01:02 AM
I dunno what it is, but both of those leave me cold. The firehouse isn't done in an iconic way, and the other one is very plain. I would have liked to see maybe something with the Ecto-1 and ghosts flying out of the firehouse, and the team busting ghosts rather than being buddies. And the lenticular action doesn't come off very strong I think, it doesn't start from a dynamic place.

Lord Malakite
07-21-2008, 02:19 AM
And the lenticular action doesn't come off very strong I think, it doesn't start from a dynamic place.
The picture should have been the four Ghost Busters and Slimer marching on the street during the parade (like the end credits always showed). The lenticular action could then be the parade marching action and/or Slimer sliming the road and causing the guys to slip an fall.

DarthQuack
06-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Just been getting into this more lately, started watching one episode a night before I go to sleep. Really a fun show, it's hard not to think of Garfield every time you hear Peter's voice, but I'm getting used to it!